PDA

View Full Version : If Mario goes, I want me some Braylon edwards

Pa1jintfan
03-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Now listen before you pass judgement..
He would come cheap
Under good giant coaching, he could really excel here.
Bye-bye barden
The tall threat we have missed for awhile
I love our guys now, but I just can't get it out of my mind thinking about what could be.
Nicks----------------Cruz-------------------Edwards
Dynamite

Die-Hard
03-16-2012, 09:51 PM
He's pure garbage and nothing but a head case. Why would you want that introduced into the locker room?

JJC7301
03-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I've got nothing against Edwards who played well for the Jets. I'm just not interested.

Not a bad idea, but just not interested. I'd rather see what JJ and Barden can do, and draft a WR.

Diamondring
03-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I've got nothing against Edwards who played well for the Jets. I'm just not interested.

Not a bad idea, but just not interested. I'd rather see what JJ and Barden can do, and draft a WR.I do to.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 09:54 PM
He would come cheap
Bye-bye barden
I love our guys now, but I just can't get it out of my mind thinking about what could be.
Dynamite

Nicks---------------------Cruz-------------------Hixon realistically explosive

GmenFan1980
03-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Braylon Edwards best catches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrk9I1jhJ9U

buddy33
03-16-2012, 09:56 PM
A team that doesn't have the best WR's cut him. What does that tell you?

Diamondring
03-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Braylon Edwards best catches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrk9I1jhJ9UNot impress since he has no defenders defending him.

Pa1jintfan
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
I asked everyone to think about it. Not get violent. Lol. I agree with every persons comment. But nyg coaches know how to get the best out of there players. I've always like Braylon. He has had some rough years recently. I just think giving every option a shot is smart football. If it doesn't work, hello breadline. He's surely been cut before. I do like hixon, as a breather. His best asset is his KR duties. Excited about JJ as well. And I think SS would fit in better than ever. Although it will never happen. I believe in our front office. Go jints

dsd28
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
like we need more WRs dropping passes...

DemandedAce
03-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Why are you and others so quick to move to other guys that bounce from team to team instead of using what we have? Sheesh

miked1958
03-16-2012, 10:38 PM
He would come cheap
Bye-bye barden
Dynamite
When we had nothing but untested young kids and we had the Edwards threads the giants didn't want him. Now that out WRs panned out and it has been 2-3 yrs you think they will want him now? Lol. No, they will get another diamond in rough with barden, JJ or Hixon. Watch and see

cornerback30
03-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Really,did you not see this past season

BigBlue1971
03-16-2012, 10:51 PM
i dont know bout Braylon!</P>

im afraid he cant be a "TEAM" member! he never has and never will! and....being a #3 too???!!!!</P>

id pass on Braylon for character issues!</P>

GIANTfaninFL
03-16-2012, 10:52 PM
No ****ing way

netplus
03-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Edwards is worse than Barden!</P>

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I asked everyone to think about it. Not get violent. Lol. I agree with every persons comment. But nyg coaches know how to get the best out of there players. I've always like Braylon. He has had some rough years recently. I just think giving every option a shot is smart football. If it doesn't work, hello breadline. He's surely been cut before. I do like hixon, as a breather. His best asset is his KR duties. Excited about JJ as well. And I think SS would fit in better than ever. Although it will never happen. I believe in our front office. Go jints

We may well have, arguably. the best WR tandem in the NFL in Nicks and Cruz. We didn't move on Braylon two years ago and are better now at WR than we were then. We prefer to develop our own players and are not in dire need at WR. Add to that the CAP space issue and you have the answer.

swimeasy
03-16-2012, 11:13 PM
He would come cheap
Bye-bye barden
Dynamite

Nicks---------------------Cruz-------------------Hixon realistically explosive

Loved Hixon and am still pulling for him in a big way. Off the field, a person of integrity and the heart of a true Giant.

ShakeNBake
03-16-2012, 11:23 PM
He couldn't catch on the browns or jets, why do you think things would change here?

GameTime
03-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Now listen before you pass judgement.. He would come cheap Under good giant coaching, he could really excel here. Bye-bye barden The tall threat we have missed for awhile I love our guys now, but I just can't get it out of my mind thinking about what could be. Nicks----------------Cruz-------------------Edwards Dynamite</P>

takea step back and look at 99% of the Giants players drafted or brought to the team over the course of the last several years. They have character, talent, and smarts. They are also asked to leave the BS at the door and be team players. Most of the players have accomplshd that. Those who havent dont play much or they are gone.</P>

</P>

Do you watch Giants football and understand what they have in their locker room?? Edwards is not and should be part of that....sorry...</P>

</P>

Blue daddy
03-16-2012, 11:32 PM
What are we garbage pickers now. No thanks to the head case.

alau53
03-16-2012, 11:39 PM
i think steve smith and plax make better inexpensive choices..however i do agree with the op that as a 3rd option and eli braylon wouldnt be too bad..i think rex will sign him tho..i hope so cause he's not a bad bloke

sharick88
03-16-2012, 11:49 PM
We can never have enough waterboys. Why not bring him in for a look?

alau53
03-17-2012, 12:14 AM
We can never have enough waterboys. Why not bring him in for a look?

you know giants have a guy who plays like waterboy..jpp...motherrr

GMenNY21
03-17-2012, 12:15 AM
I wanna see what jernigan can do .. no braylon

giantscolombia
03-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Yea good idea...we should also try to get T.O in case Edward butterhands turns our offer down

TheEnigma
03-17-2012, 12:43 AM
You guys are being very ignorant of what Braylon Edwards could offer to this team!

He would be a great asset in practice with tipped passes that our defense could work on catching for interceptions.

zigwontdieNYG
03-17-2012, 01:08 AM
no... and just... no

miked1958
03-17-2012, 04:21 AM
i think steve smith and plax make better inexpensive choices..however i do agree with the op that as a 3rd option and eli braylon wouldnt be too bad..i think rex will sign him tho..i hope so cause he's not a bad bloke
Hard to imagine R. Moss is already signed and people like Edwards. Plax, SS, BJ are not...
Can't count MM in that equation cause he is seeking a whole different class of money

myles2424
03-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Build through draft > bum FAs

PRFan
03-17-2012, 04:43 AM
Duda has brick hands. No thanks.

giantsfan420
03-17-2012, 06:55 AM
i remember when he was on cleveland he was an absolute beast. i remember a lot of people wanted to trade for him after the plex incident...in fact didnt we have some sort of discussion with them?

but yeah he WAS something to watch, wonder what happened to him...guess he just got old...he hasn't been close to the wr he was in cleveland for some time, i'd rather a diff. wr than edwards

Hooligans
03-17-2012, 07:17 AM
He would come cheap
Bye-bye barden
Dynamite

Edwards got cut from the WR-starved 49ers....the Giants don't want him and if he were on the Giants, he would never start.

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 07:20 AM
He would come cheap
Bye-bye barden
Dynamite

Edwards got cut from the WR-starved 49ers....the Giants don't want him and if he were on the Giants, he would never start.
The Niners cut him because he couldn't get healthy.

nhpgiantsfan
03-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Would rather bring Plax back for a one year deal. But I dont think the FO would entertain either. I am just not sold on Hixon as the number 3. I hope if we don't bring in a WR in free agency that JJ and/or Barden will get every chance to win the number three job. Actually, I would let Barden take most of the reps with the first team in preseason and if he can't hack it, then just drop him. He has reached the end of his leash.

amdownwitjpp
03-17-2012, 08:32 AM
are u drunk or wut almost any NFL wideout will make plays as long as Cruz and Nicks are there young fast big can catch Edwards is just big at 1 point i thought the same thing like 3 years ago when Plax went to prison wow I wonder if U ppl r really NYG fans asking bout free agents in case u havent noticed NYG does not pursue free agents very often in the past 3 years they got Rolle great IMO Bulluck to fill the need that year n Canty I am sure a few others but we r not the Redskins plz overstand this

hungrrrry
03-17-2012, 10:49 AM
My 2 cents = he seems to have degenerated to a third "tier" level guy...but not a #3 receiver...redzone guy at best. /ot a guy who commands double teams. He lost hear when he was drafted. Going to Cleveland would certainly do that to you and then top that off by going through the revolving door at the Jets. Edwards probably never got a fair shake in the NFL since he had NOTHING around him his whole career...dude lost his competetive edge. No sense picking up a catatonic player.

radar-ray
03-17-2012, 10:53 AM
NO!!!

RoanokeFan
03-17-2012, 10:56 AM

I wonder how Smith and Burress did when they came in for their workouts?

sodbuster
03-17-2012, 11:47 AM
i would rather give barden a chance this year.forget edwards

NYFG4X
03-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Worst yet, he was released by Cleveland first...

gmen0820
03-17-2012, 12:28 PM

They worked out for us this offseason?

RoanokeFan
03-17-2012, 12:31 PM

They worked out for us this offseason?

No, I was being sarcastic. I don't think any of the three are in consideration. Every time someone hears a rumor, or makes one up for that matter, we get a "go get 'em" thread.

Now we have one going to Green-Ellis based on a media head's musing.

T-Murda84
03-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Please God No....We dont need a receiver like Braylon who cant even catch a cold....didnt we sign Bennett to drop passes already?

GameTime
03-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Please God No....We dont need a receiver like Braylon who cant even catch a cold....didnt we sign Bennett to drop passes already?
How many passes has he dropped for as a Giant??..Ease up man.,.....give the kid a chance

Pa1jintfan
03-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I expected a bit of flack from guys. So I appreciate the few people who understand what I'm saying. Bray is not perfect, but given a new chance with a class organization, I feel it would be worth the look. Now I know it won't happen, but it's good conversation. I hope Jernigan is this years Cruz, if so, we would be unstoppable .I'm a giant fan, just like the rest of you guys with crazy options. Everyone has one........ Right. Let's hope Reese has 1 more move up his sleeve. Go jints

berya
03-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Not a chance in hell. Not even if he played for free.

GMENAGAIN
03-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Where are all the posters that wanted us to give up a first and a third to trade for Braylon after Plaxico left, and then give him a $50M contract?????</P>

LOL . . . I know who you are , , , , </P>

</P>

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Braylon caught 16 TDs from Derek Anderson shortly before that, so I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought highly of him then.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

GMENAGAIN
03-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Braylon caught 16 TDs from Derek Anderson shortly before that, so I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought highly of him then. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.</P>

No hindsight at all . . . our FO didn't think that he was worth trading for at the time. and they were right.</P>

Thinking that he is worth having on our team now is just idiotic . . . . . . </P>

</P>

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Braylon caught 16 TDs from Derek Anderson shortly before that, so I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought highly of him then. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.</P>

No hindsight at all . . . our FO didn't think that he was worth trading for at the time. and they were right.</P>

Thinking that he is worth having on our team now is just idiotic . . . . . . </P>

</P>
Yep, he's never come close to those numbers again.
What the hell happened to him.

jomo
03-17-2012, 11:54 PM
No