PDA

View Full Version : Where Da Money

Bones911
03-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Now I know we were about 7 million over the cap and now with a few restructures we are now about 2.3 million under the cap.

According to this website:

http://www.sportscity.com/NFL/New-York-Giants-Salaries

This is last years salary 2011.

My question is:

WHERE'S DA MONEY? WHO'S IT GOING TOO if we lost so many FA's and everyone else is signed CHEAP.

Why is our cap situation so bad?

Diamondring
03-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Success. All good players cost monay.

Bones911
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
But t he numbers do not equal to us being in such a bad situation. So what players are getting the most affecting the cap?

GMenNY21
03-16-2012, 10:33 PM
My guess would be Webster, Canty, Rolle, Eli & snee's contracts are weighing us down..

Flip Empty
03-16-2012, 11:44 PM
My guess would be Webster, Canty, Rolle, Eli & snee's contracts are weighing us down..
"weighing us down"? Those contracts won a Super Bowl.

People here appear to be more concerned with the cap than the Giants' management. All anyone seems to want is bargain basement-priced free agents. "I want this guy if he's cheap", "X would be good if cheap", "2.5 million?? That's not cheap!!", "X was injured so will come cheap", "Tolbert said our name so will come CHEAP". Jesus Christ.

If you want quality, you have to pay for it. I don't see the issue.

GMenNY21
03-17-2012, 12:12 AM

People here appear to be more concerned with the cap than the Giants' management. All anyone seems to want is bargain basement-priced free agents. "I want this guy if he's cheap", "X would be good if cheap", "2.5 million?? That's not cheap!!", "X was injured so will come cheap", "Tolbert said our name so will come CHEAP". Jesus Christ.

If you want quality, you have to pay for it. I don't see the issue.not saying that's a bad thing.. just stating that those are our heavier contracts.. each of those players are instrumental to our success

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 12:22 AM

If you want quality, you have to pay for it. I don't see the issue.not saying that's a bad thing.. just stating that those are our heavier contracts.. each of those players are instrumental to our success
Haha, excuse my rant then.

Harooni
03-17-2012, 09:25 PM
yeah these contracts have been a real burden and challenge for reese to stay under.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Now I know we were about 7 million over the cap and now with a few restructures we are now about 2.3 million under the cap.

According to this website:

http://www.sportscity.com/NFL/New-York-Giants-Salaries

This is last years salary 2011.

My question is:

WHERE'S DA MONEY? WHO'S IT GOING TOO if we lost so many FA's and everyone else is signed CHEAP.

Why is our cap situation so bad?

"CHEAP" is a relative term and $2.3M is not a lot of CAP space.