PDA

View Full Version : Tolbert not comming

alau53
03-17-2012, 12:35 AM
to the giants..pitt or carolina is his choice..does that leave open the return of #27 brandon jacobs..is the last offer bj turned down still open and availble to him

myles2424
03-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Tolbert was never a option to begin with....

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah, it's funny how everyone got carried away just because he dropped the team's name.

myles2424
03-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Yeah, it's funny how everyone got carried away just because he dropped the team's name. lol yea....the superbowl champs just cut their starting RB,what FA RB wouldn't name drop us after that?

GmenFan1980
03-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah, it's funny how everyone got carried away just because he dropped the team's name. lol yea....the superbowl champs just cut their starting RB,what FA RB wouldn't name drop us after that?

2nd string running back, but still lol. I knew we would never get Tolbert, but it was nice to play with the idea.

myles2424
03-17-2012, 12:49 AM

2nd string running back, but still lol. I knew we would never get Tolbert, but it was nice to play with the idea. yea,the way we rotate RBs I don't like 1st,2nd thing.....when I think #1, I think MJD,rice,gore,Peterson & other teams that just pound the same back all season..

TheEnigma
03-17-2012, 12:50 AM
It's for the best. We can grab a younger and less expensive RB in the draft.

alau53
03-17-2012, 12:56 AM
what about brandon jacobs..is the giant final offer bj rejected still on the table

Bones911
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Well today:

per Rotoworld:

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, free agent Mike Tolbert to the Steelers is "not happening."
Respected Chargers' beat writer Kevin Acee reported Friday it was down to the Steelers and Panthers for the bowling ball running back, but Pittsburgh apparently isn't willing to meet his asking price. Tolbert would be an illogical fit behind DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and Mike Goodson in Carolina, so it's likely he'll keep searching. Acee has hinted stalled talks between Tolbert and the Chargers won't be restarted.

Who knows where he ends up

GMenNY21
03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Good , I'd rather have David Wison through the draft anyway

Dirt66
03-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Good , I'd rather have David Wison through the draft anyway</P>

TOTALLY AGREE!</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah, it's funny how everyone got carried away just because he dropped the team's name.

he didn't evne drop our name.

Adam SChein was ranting and raving all day about how much of a perfect fit the giants would be for him and he just kept bringing it up...

then the next day schein said something like "And we all heard Tolbert mention the Giants as an option"

it was just untrue. Im sure you could go listen to the Schein interview somewhere on NFL Sirus's website.

Guys like Schein are just rumor starters

Kruunch
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Adam SChein was ranting and raving all day about how much of a perfect fit the giants would be for him and he just kept bringing it up...

then the next day schein said something like "And we all heard Tolbert mention the Giants as an option"

it was just untrue. Im sure you could go listen to the Schein interview somewhere on NFL Sirus's website.

Yeah I kind of got the same vibe from that interview as well.

And Tolbert will probably end up being too expensive for the Giants.

I'm thinking BJGE if they FA a RB.

Okthxbbq.

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM

Okthxbbq.

i can't imagine the RBs being expensive at all.. head to head, i'd rather have Tolbert. But I would def be happy with BGE. Either way I think we can get a good bang for the buck at RB.

Hell i wouldn't even mind a Benson signing.

Kruunch
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM

Okthxbbq.

i can't imagine the RBs being expensive at all.. head to head, i'd rather have Tolbert.* But I would def be happy with BGE.* Either way I think we can get a good bang for the buck at RB.

Hell i wouldn't even mind a Benson signing.

"Expensive" being relative .. the Giants are cash strapped and I could see Tolbert making between 3-4 mil a year while BJGE getting 2-3 a year.

I don't want to see Cedric Benson anywhere near Giants stadium short of being on an opposing team.

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Doesn't seem like anyone has any idea where Tolbert might go. but the point remains that Tolbert is a perfect fit for us.

Kruunch
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Doesn't seem like anyone has any idea where Tolbert might go.* but the point remains that Tolbert is a perfect fit for us.

Tolbert to the Panthers.

rxc999
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Panthers signed Tolbert to a four-year contract.

Flip Empty
03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Ah, that explains why they're shopping Jonathan Stewart.
Great move by them as there was no way they'd re-sign Stewart after giving Deangelo Williams such a massive deal a year ago.

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
i heard Osi may be on the block for a RB

MikeIsaGiant
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM

:(

Really?

Flip Empty
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Serious? Or are you trying your hand at rumor-mongering hah

G-Man67
03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Tolbert was never a option to begin with.... Yeah, it's funny how everyone got carried away just because he dropped the team's name. lol yea....the superbowl champs just cut their starting RB,what FA RB wouldn't name drop us after that? 2nd string running back, but still lol. I knew we would never get Tolbert, but it was nice to play with the idea. yea,the way we rotate RBs I don't like 1st,2nd thing.....when I think #1, I think MJD,rice,gore,Peterson &amp; other teams that just pound the same back all season..</P>

yeah they pounded Peterson and now what? ... he might be used up already ... the league has been a 2 back league for awhile and many teams are now using a 3 back rotation</P>

now that doesn't mean having a big time RB isn't important, but you do have to adjust your idea of RB value based on the fact that he won't be an every down player like a stud WR would be ... or naturally your QB .. heck even your LT is every down at a very valuable offensive position</P>

finally, with the league rules favoring passing so much ... your stud RB might onlycarry the ball 10 times per half ... so things like pass catching, QB protection, ball security, intangibles, etc.all become so important ... normally you think RB ... give me vision, breakaway speed, ability to break that 1st tackle attempt and that's it, but now the RB has to be judged on what they can do to help in passing situations</P>