PDA

View Full Version : M. Bennett a perfect move?

T-Murda84
03-17-2012, 03:38 PM
I have to see it to believe it. What has this guy proved other than Dropping wide open passes as a Cowboy. I understand that he's young, tall, and a decent blocker, but I guess its a low risk-high reward thing. People are praising this guy like hes Jimmy Graham who will leap over defenders. Hopefully Eli can jammed the ball is his helmet, because thats the only way I see him catching the ball. Hes a decent blocker but we been watching Beckum and Ballard blocking too long to think this guy moves piles.

dayeh33
03-17-2012, 03:46 PM
He has the potential to be a Jimmy Graham because they are both tall former basketball player tight ends, and Bennett never got his chance to shine in Dallas with Witten there. He's not guaranteed to be really good but he has all the physical tools to be one of the better tight ends in the league especially with Pope coaching him. And when did he drop open passes?

NWKEffectElement
03-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Please ignore this clown, she isn't even a Giants fan.

T-Murda84
03-17-2012, 03:52 PM
The Giants have been struggling with drop passes for several years now and now we add another player to this team who struggled catching the ball in Dallas. I remember a few games watching him drop passes for the Cowboy and the fans booing him. I think he dropped a wide open pass against us last year. Yea I do see him have great potential tho because hes only 25 with great size...but I dont understand all the excitement over this guy. Give Eli Manning a sure handed tight end and Eli would be unstoppable.

dayeh33
03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
The Giants have been struggling with drop passes for several years now and now we add another player to this team who struggled catching the ball in Dallas. I remember a few games watching him drop passes for the Cowboy and the fans booing him. I think he dropped a wide open pass against us last year. Yea I do see him have great potential tho because hes only 25 with great size...but I dont understand all the excitement over this guy. Give Eli Manning a sure handed tight end and Eli would be unstoppable.

If Eli made Ballard look like a solid tight end im pretty sure he could make Bennett look really good.

T-Murda84
03-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Please ignore this clown, she isn't even a Giants fan.

U going to call me a clown because I have proof and evidence that Bennett drops balls....REAL MATURE.

Some people are sooo blind. You dont have any proof that this guy is any good. U better have the same faith in him as your imaginary God. Faith is the only thing that will keep u optimistic about this dude who was a bum as a Cowboy.

Strahan4gov
03-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Link to your information about him being bad?
Link to him dropping balls?
Proof he isn't good?

T-Murda84
03-17-2012, 04:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55107/martellus-bennett-to-visit-giants

Drops are not an official stat, but I cant believe u dont know this guy drops balls.....He dropped passes against the Giants at time...and u are a Giant fan and dont know this?

giantsfan420
03-17-2012, 04:10 PM
you have absolutely no idea how he will perform with us. as someone mentioned, he was behind Witten. what player is going to jump out at you when he's lucky to get 1 or 2 passes his way a game?
We all know Witten is Romo's butt buddy, so Bennett knew he wasnt going to be a passing option. Here, he knows he's going to be the guy.

Know how I know he's going to be good? Because Reese signed him and made him our top priority when FA began. Bennett believes he is a 60 reception TE, and I agree.

Eli is going to make this kid look amazing. Plus he's an excellent blocker, which also is huge for us.

And keep the "imaginary God" stuff to yourself, not the place to talk like that.

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 04:21 PM
No-one knows how he'll perform, we'll just have to wait and see.

buddy33
03-17-2012, 04:27 PM
It's a low risk high reward move. No one is mistaken him as being an elite TE, but he is a good blocker and he will have a better QB throwing to him.

What's the problem?

giantman8493
03-17-2012, 04:29 PM
We made Ballard look decent. Now we get some one with some athletic ability. It could work out very well. Not to mention he is a great blocker which is what we need.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Do you know who Mike Pope is?

Do you know who the New York Football Giants are?

Do you know who the Dallas Cowboys are?

Answer those questions and you will understand why Bennett was awful in Dallas & will flourish with us.

giantman8493
03-17-2012, 04:49 PM

Answer those questions and you will understand why Bennett was awful in Dallas & will flourish with us.
That does not mean that he will necessarily break out with us but he sure does have a great chance here. He may not break out due to us not throwing to the te much. But that may change. We did not have a te with this potential since shockey,

since55
03-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Bennett is coming here with something to prove.

A lot better than someone coming here with ten mil guaranteed and how to spend it the only thing on their mind.

BigBlue1971
03-17-2012, 04:57 PM
he deserves a chance to show who he is! he said he could play now he has a chance to prove it!</P>

if he does its a great move for the price!</P>

if he doesnt hes gone next year</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
03-17-2012, 05:19 PM

Answer those questions and you will understand why Bennett was awful in Dallas &amp; will flourish with us.
That does not mean that he will necessarily break out with us but he sure does have a great chance here. He may not break out due to us not throwing to the te much. But that may change. We did not have a te with this potential since shockey,

I'm not guaranteeing anything. I'm merely saying he has the best TE coach in the business a GREAT HC in Coughlin, a great environment and teammates. It's a TEAM asmosphere with guys that want to win. 53 players, coaches &amp; FO that all want to WIN.

ALL IN.

If he doesn't work out he's only one a fantastic value one year deal.

Show us what you got &amp; we will reward you next season if you're anything we are suspecting.

ashaddyt2269
03-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Money is on that he does it big for us and we give him a 4 or 5 year deal, just a feeling I have. I remember when the y drafted him and was thinking then that he would be a great TE but with Witten there he had no chance of it.

Spizi
03-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Ok imagine this... we have a decent athlete at TE... unstoppable.

Zoboomafoo
03-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Exactly. Ballard and Pascoe are both lumbering types and Eli made them look like receving threats. Imagine a 4.6 guy who blocks better them them also creating mismatches with size and speed. 2.5mill is a steal -- what they have to pay him to keep afterwards him will be painful, but that's for another time. This was a huge signing.

Dabluguy
03-17-2012, 10:11 PM
He had Romo as A QB. Now he has Eli. Am I doing it right?

GfieldGmen
03-17-2012, 10:22 PM
We had a poor run blocking game last season and Bennett is a strong run blocker. If he can add 35 catches 500yards and be a goal line threat to that then he will be perfect.

TC doesn't use TEs in a way for him to post up Gronk or Graham numbers. But I am expecting him to help in the run game and be a solid target in the pass game.

dave56dj
03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Dont feed Jak - he just loves to hate.

On Bennett - Kid was ranked PFF's second best TE in FA. Great run blocker - not good and the POTENTIAL to be a factor in the seams and stretching the field as well. He played in 25-35 percent of snaps - well he's about to see 75-85 - so yeah this seems like a very good move. And if not - its one year 2.5 and then ballard is back.

NEVER ARGUE WITH JAK - he isnt interested in right or wrong just hating on blue.

nhpgiantsfan
03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
I think he should go on the Michael Kay show in August and claim that he is just as good as Gronkowski.