PDA

View Full Version : Manningham to the Rams

redbeardxxv
03-17-2012, 09:06 PM
saw on TV that hey are in contract negotiations as we speak and are intent on him signing, and PFT just put it up as well....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/rams-in-contract-negotiations-with-mario-manningham/

"According to both Paul Schwartz of the New York Post and Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, Manningham and the Rams are currently in contract negotiations. La Canfora reports that St. Louis is “pushing” to sign Manningham. Per Schwartz, the sides are trying to “hammer out terms” of a deal."

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Great! Now the threads about him can go away. I suspect the unwarranted hate will only increase though.

I hope he gets a decent contract out of this.

GMenNY21
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Great! Now the threads about him can go away. I suspect the unwarranted hate will only increase though.agreed

radar-ray
03-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Wish we could of kept MM, but asking price not in our range. Good luck MM.

JJC7301
03-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Wish we could of kept MM, but asking price not in our range. Good luck MM.
+1. Good luck MM and thanks for everything you did for the Giants.

dave56dj
03-17-2012, 09:47 PM
This was inevitable.

Now with Lloyd and the majority of WR fa's off the market the Rams are kinda desperate and may have to really pay up for MM. So long Mario. At your best you were a great playmaker with shifty legs and crazy fast feet. At your worst you struggled to hold the sideline and threw eli under the bus with poor option routes. That said he is a nice number 2 with the ability to make plays. And we all know his greatest play came in the Superbowl - Thanks Mario.

GmenFan1980
03-17-2012, 09:49 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jUEZp3YGzu8/TUPYt-uMnLI/AAAAAAAAAUI/-5YyCWv7WCs/s400/love%2Bhate%2B%2528photobucket%2529.png

Have a nice career MM. Hope you beast out in every game except against us :)

Dirt66
03-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for everything MM......Good luck in STL

RoanokeFan
03-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Does that mean they passed on Smith?

netplus
03-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Hopefully he'll have a bad year stat wise playing with an inferior QB and awful OL, then will be a cap casualty and resign with the Giants.

nhpgiantsfan
03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Good luck Rio. I hope when we here the numbers that they are actually numbers that we couldn't afford.

GMENAGAIN
03-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Great! Now the threads about him can go away. I suspect the unwarranted hate will only increase though. I hope he gets a decent contract out of this.</P>

What hate are you talking about?</P>

I don't think that anyone here faults Mario for trying to get as much money as he can.</P>

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Great! Now the threads about him can go away. I suspect the unwarranted hate will only increase though. I hope he gets a decent contract out of this.</P>

I don't think that anyone here faults Mario for trying to get as much money as he can.</P>
Since becoming a free agent he's seemingly become mediocre in the eyes of many a "fan".

NYGinIN
03-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Jeez, the Rams have signed more Giants players in the past few years than the Giants have signed in free agency ever.

GMENAGAIN
03-17-2012, 10:58 PM

Since becoming a free agent he's seemingly become mediocre in the eyes of many a "fan".</P>

I don't think that anyone thinks that he is mediocre . . . . he just wants number 1 WR money and he is the 3rd WR on our team. </P>

jomo
03-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Wish we could of kept MM, but asking price not in our range. Good luck MM. +1. Good luck MM and thanks for everything you did for the Giants.I have been hot and cold on MM over the years but am happy for him and grateful for his contributions to our SB run.

redbeardxxv
03-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Wish we could of kept MM, but asking price not in our range. Good luck MM. +1. Good luck MM and thanks for everything you did for the Giants.I have been hot and cold on MM over the years but am happy for him and grateful for his contributions to our SB run.

And suddenly it's announced that the Rams couldn't sign him, he instead joins the 49ers!!

TheBookOfEli
03-18-2012, 03:08 AM
If the 49ers get Peyton.....our chances of repeating have fallen drastically.

miked1958
03-18-2012, 08:12 AM
If the 49ers get Peyton.....our chances of repeating have fallen drastically.
Not worried about Peyton throwing to MM. 49ers should be more worried about eli throwing to Cruz and nicks