PDA

View Full Version : How do you not keep Chase Blackburn

condor63
03-17-2012, 10:59 PM
I don't like it, this guy is a self starter and definitely added that extra punch of energy toward the SB run @ 9-7.

Jonathan Goff hmmm, Reese knows best i assume.

GMENAGAIN
03-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Was there some news about Chase and/or Goff today????

GmenFan1980
03-17-2012, 11:05 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/13/128736629770803705.jpg

TheEnigma
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Ask the other 31 teams in the NFL. I've also heard this rumor that other teams have won Super Bowls without Chase Blackburn.

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Ask the other 31 teams in the NFL. I've also heard this rumor that other teams have won Super Bowls without Chase Blackburn.
Link? I'm finding that incredibly hard to believe.

GMenNY21
03-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Did the giants sign Goff already???

condor63
03-17-2012, 11:18 PM

So the 32'nd team missing is the Eaglets correct LOL.

PRFan
03-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Guy couldn't make last year's team out of camp. That's why. He probably gets a camp invite thought. Probably gets cut again.

SweetZombieJesus
03-18-2012, 08:50 AM
IMO Chase earned a spot in camp at very least with the spark he provided.

However, we've been unremarkable at LB and I was (and am) in favor of the youth movement at that position, and Blackburn's been part of that unremarkable squad for years. With Jones, Williams, Herzlich, et al on tap we need to make room for the future.

Blue daddy
03-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Although we have LB needs we have bigger problems on the O line that needs to be adressed first.

Mark444
03-18-2012, 12:40 PM
He'll be back eventually. He always comes back

myles2424
03-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Although we have LB needs we have bigger problems on the O line that needs to be adressed first.
I think Oline is a easier fix......at this point we don't have a MLB......boley isn't going to be on the team forever.....kiwi is a FA again this year, and I can bet he's not going to resign to play LB & not get paid like a pass rusher....if it wasn't for his injury we never would've been able to keep him these two years.....

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't like it, this guy is a self starter and definitely added that extra punch of energy toward the SB run @ 9-7.

Look, I love what Chase Blackburn brings to the field. You have to ask why he's not been picked up by any of the other 31 teams. Sure, he made some great plays in the playoff run and had that interception in the Super Bowl. Nonw of that makes him a starter or a better back up than the players we already have.

It's a business. It sucks, but it's a business.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 01:53 PM
IMO Chase earned a spot in camp at very least with the spark he provided.

However, we've been unremarkable at LB and I was (and am) in favor of the youth movement at that position, and Blackburn's been part of that unremarkable squad for years. With Jones, Williams, Herzlich, et al on tap we need to make room for the future.

This ^ We have the people, they need more experience.

NYGRealityCheck
03-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes, the Giants are backed by a pool of talented young LBs that will get better with more experience.

The Giants may be able to stash Blackburn on the free agency list again this year? No one else wanted him last season. He's still a great story going from substitute teacher to substitute starting linebacker late in the season for the Giants.

Is Blackburn getting offers from other teams for the upcoming season yet????

Also, I expect Paysinger to be more involved in the future as well.

BigBlue1971
03-18-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't like it, this guy is a self starter and definitely added that extra punch of energy toward the SB run @ 9-7. Jonathan Goff hmmm, Reese knows best i assume.</P>

</P>

Chase took full advantage ofhis opportunity this season. i mean it was a "dream come true" for him being resigned in November! and he made plays down the stretch. it was his time and his play was significant in us winning.</P>

but thats the only good stretch Chase has had in his career. thats why hes on the market. he may find his way back but imoit will bestrictly on the Giants terms!</P>

Hooligans
03-18-2012, 06:33 PM

He's slow, not real strong and not real good, but he played his heart out last year for the playoff run. That said the Giants BETTER have better Linebackers than him next year or they are in trouble.

JPP
03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Link? I'm finding that incredibly hard to believe.

Pics or it didn't happen. lol