PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh wants to know our offense

Warchild
03-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Dont think for a second that the 49ers signing Mario was coincidence. Harbaugh wants to know the ins and outs of our offense so he can beat us next we meet in the playoffs.

Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!

jomo
03-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Dont think for a second that the 49ers signing Mario was coincidence. Harbaugh wants to know the ins and outs of our offense so he can beat us next we meet in the playoffs. Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!...........and he thinks that Mario will be able to explain our offense to him? That is some kinda funny my friend!!!

Drez
03-17-2012, 11:44 PM
How the hell is he the #3 on the 49ers? He'll be their top WR, though Davis will probably still be their top target, especially if Smith is still their QB.</P>

Crabtree is a bust.</P>

cornerback30
03-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Dont think for a second that the 49ers signing Mario was coincidence. Harbaugh wants to know the ins and outs of our offense so he can beat us next we meet in the playoffs.

Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!You're so right about being #3,so much for being a number receiver on another team.I guess his wallet was doing the talking before free agency started,thinking he would get grossly overpaid.His pride took a hit and he didn't wanna come back here.He could have been #3 over here,yet he went over to be #3 and still didn't get the money he thought he was going to get even if it's slightly more than what we would have given him.V.Davis ,Moss,Crabtree,good luck being #1 over there buddy.

giantman8493
03-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Dont think for a second that the 49ers signing Mario was coincidence. Harbaugh wants to know the ins and outs of our offense so he can beat us next we meet in the playoffs. Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!...........and he thinks that Mario will be able to explain our offense to him? That is some kinda funny my friend!!!lmfao thats a great point.

berya
03-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Dont think for a second that the 49ers signing Mario was coincidence. Harbaugh wants to know the ins and outs of our offense so he can beat us next we meet in the playoffs. Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!...........and he thinks that Mario will be able to explain our offense to him? That is some kinda funny my friend!!!

:))) Good one. Good luck to Mario though.

jhamburg
03-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Dont think for a second that the 49ers signing Mario was coincidence. Harbaugh wants to know the ins and outs of our offense so he can beat us next we meet in the playoffs. Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!...........and he thinks that Mario will be able to explain our offense to him? That is some kinda funny my friend!!!lmfao thats a great point.

That's like hiring Apple's janitor to build you the next iPhone

Vtgmenfan89
03-18-2012, 12:09 AM

Took the post right off my keyboard! Hahaha however I'd be all for signing Ginn he'd give us a solid return man and could probably make some plays in the passing game as well.

dave56dj
03-18-2012, 12:14 AM
FOR YEARS NOW - fans have been ridiculous enough to insist that coaches are signing players to learn playbooks - or signing and in division FA to hurt the other team.

With cap space this could NOT BE MORE FALSE. Do you really think the niners spent millions of dollars on Mario just to learn something about the playbook. Hell they could sign someone off our practice squad for the vet minimum to do this.

If this is done at all its mid season and its a recently cut player or a practice squader and almost to a man these teams say they learned very little from said player.

Mario was signed cause he will be San Frans number one - and for no other reason. Hate harbaugh all you want but dont be foolish.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 12:26 AM
It'll take Manningham 3 years to learn Harbaugh's playbook

GiantSinceBirth78
03-18-2012, 12:30 AM
FOR YEARS NOW - fans have been ridiculous enough to insist that coaches are signing players to learn playbooks - or signing and in division FA to hurt the other team.

With cap space this could NOT BE MORE FALSE. Do you really think the niners spent millions of dollars on Mario just to learn something about the playbook. Hell they could sign someone off our practice squad for the vet minimum to do this.

If this is done at all its mid season and its a recently cut player or a practice squader and almost to a man these teams say they learned very little from said player.

Mario was signed cause he will be San Frans number one - and for no other reason. Hate harbaugh all you want but dont be foolish.
NEWS FLASH DAVE: teams have been engaging in the forementioned practice for many years. I have heard TC say it himself somewhere in the past. I would do some research but I dont have the time or will to search that.

Roosevelt
03-18-2012, 12:34 AM

lol

Toadofsteel
03-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Harbaugh would have been better off signing brandon jacobs if he wanted to learn the playbook...

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Or...

OR...

Manningham is a lot smarter than we think and Coughlin is sending him over to the 49ers so we can steal their playbooks and know all of their plays.

Yeah...

rickker20
03-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Manningham does not no right from left. Good luck getting our playbook from him.

Neverend
03-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Manningham does not no right from left. Good luck getting our playbook from him.

Exactly

Spizi
03-18-2012, 01:37 AM

lmao funniest **** I've seen all week

B-Red22
03-18-2012, 01:40 AM
^ this

paul007
03-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Most of what he will say is "Ah Man, They threw the ball like, Ah Man, down the field, ya know what im sayin, Ah Man".

Spizi
03-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Most of what he will say is "Ah Man, They threw the ball like, Ah Man, down the field, ya know what im sayin, Ah Man".

you made him sound too smart lol

Drez
03-18-2012, 02:09 AM

With cap space this could NOT BE MORE FALSE. Do you really think the niners spent millions of dollars on Mario just to learn something about the playbook. <FONT size=5>Hell they could sign someone off our practice squad for the vet minimum to do this.

</FONT>If this is done at all its mid season and its a recently cut player or a practice squader and almost to a man these teams say they learned very little from said player.

NEWS FLASH DAVE: teams have been engaging in the forementioned practice for many years. I have heard TC say it himself somewhere in the past. I would do some research but I dont have the time or will to search that.</P>

Re-read the highlighted part.</P>

Drez
03-18-2012, 02:09 AM

With cap space this could NOT BE MORE FALSE. Do you really think the niners spent millions of dollars on Mario just to learn something about the playbook. <FONT size=5>Hell they could sign someone off our practice squad for the vet minimum to do this.

</FONT>If this is done at all its mid season and its a recently cut player or a practice squader and almost to a man these teams say they learned very little from said player.

NEWS FLASH DAVE: teams have been engaging in the forementioned practice for many years. I have heard TC say it himself somewhere in the past. I would do some research but I dont have the time or will to search that.</P>

miked1958
03-18-2012, 02:17 AM
We all thought he would choose Tampa

dave56dj
03-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Thank you drez.

As i said teams do engage in this - but they sign cast off's or practice squaders for vet minimums - they dont sign top fa wideouts for 2 year contracts to find out the playbook of a team they dont even play next year.

Or do you think thats why we signed david baas - to find out the 9ers playbook?

Cmon man.

Axels15
03-18-2012, 02:33 AM

^ This
And he'll either be #1 or #2. Depends on how Moss is. MM is more talented than Crabtree, imo

buffyblue
03-18-2012, 02:54 AM

I agree. Mario Manningham was on our team and couldn’t even figure out the offense. I doubt he will be able to explain it to Jim Harbaugh in a coherent manner.

TheBookOfEli
03-18-2012, 03:16 AM
I predict Alex Smith throws 20 int's next year. 12 of those INT's are due to Manningham running the wrong route.

titwio
03-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Crabs will move to the slot IMO and rightly so...It's where he belongs. They'll have MM and Randy on the outside with Davis doing his thing. If they land Peyton they're definitely a shoe-in as far as being a favorite to make the SB.

If Smith stays...Good luck to him trying to keep all those guys happy in a run first offense.

GMENAGAIN
03-18-2012, 07:38 AM

lol . . . . classic

PRFan
03-18-2012, 07:43 AM

Hahahahaha

PRFan
03-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Thank you drez.

As i said teams do engage in this* - but they sign cast off's or practice squaders for vet minimums - they dont sign top fa wideouts for 2 year contracts to find out the playbook of a team they dont even play next year.

Or do you think thats why we signed david baas* - to find out the 9ers playbook?

Cmon man.

You do know we play SF right? Both where div winners...

RedskinHater
03-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Exactly
Would resemble Daffy Duck explaining String Theory !

KidA
03-18-2012, 08:59 AM

dave56df is the voice of reason here. This signing had nothing to do with the Giant's offense and everything to do with the 49er's offense.

SweetZombieJesus
03-18-2012, 09:02 AM
ROCKET!

Since we never change our calls they can figure it out from however many players have been through Gilbride's system since 2007. And film.

Blue daddy
03-18-2012, 09:10 AM
It's going to be fun playing the 49ers this year.

Redeyejedi
03-18-2012, 09:30 AM
The 49ers signed him to make their team better it had nothing to do with anyones playbook. Manningham should be the Split end for the 49ers unless Moss turns back into the elite Moss.

bansaw
03-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Manning goes to Denver or Titans
Matt Flynn goes to Seattle
Alex Smith is bitter and goes to Miami

49ers stuck with McNabb lol

I can dream

Hooligans
03-18-2012, 10:03 AM

Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!

Grow up...Harbaugh was an NFL QB and a very successful college coach and he knows the Giants offense without a knucklehead like Manningham. Mario was good but he did run the wrong route on more than a few occasions. Don't be such a dope though to suggest Harbaugh would need Manningham to learn the Giant's offense.

nhpgiantsfan
03-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I predict Alex Smith throws 20 int's next year. 12 of those INT's are due to Manningham running the wrong route.

Nah, 49'ers and Smith won't be running read option routes like we do. It will be much easier for MM over there.

However, if they get Peyton..... MM better start taking his smart pills.. Good luck either way Rio. Your name will be everlasting in Giants history.

GiantSinceBirth78
03-18-2012, 10:13 AM

Re-read the highlighted part.</P>What point are you trying to make? I stated that TEAMS have been doing this for years. My post showed no direct attachment to the Mario signing. This is why I dont comment on here.

Rich4114
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM

LOL - awesome

BeatYale
03-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Harbuagh> "I want to know the Giants offense."

GM> "I too would like to know the Giants offense."

Harbaugh> "One of their Wide Receivers is a free agent."

GM> "Ok lets sign him."

(49ers sign Manningham)

Harbaugh> "Teach me the Giants offense."

Manningham> "I never learned it, that's why I only ran 2 routes all season long."

Harbaugh> "#%^#%@#!!!!"

The End.

AGiantDynasty
03-18-2012, 12:10 PM

You are completely missing the point. Did they sign Manningham strictly FOR that reason? No. But do you really think it wasnt an added bonus for them signing him?

This has nothing to do with cap space. The 49ers desperately needed help at WR and being able to play WR as well as being able to spill the beans on the toughest opponent in your conference was icing on the cake.

Take the blinders off pal. You seem pretty lost.

Harlem2va
03-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Number one over Crabtree, Moss and the TE

rick5292
03-18-2012, 12:44 PM

LOL Well said, sir!

Toadofsteel
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
If manningham were a linebacker, it would sound like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk).

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 03:19 PM

LMAO I try not to make fun of athletes who are educationally challenged, but if Harbaugh wants to learn how our offense works, he'd be better off reading what we post. If Mario had that much detail committed to memory he'd still be here....[:O]

TuckYou
03-18-2012, 06:13 PM

Uh, I think you are off a tad here. Teams do do this and a perfect example is Barry Cofield going to Washington and giving up our signs and signals.

But he is also a very good dt, which is the main reason.

Like the skins the 49ers needed an upgrade and Mario fits their need. Plus the fact that if you try to pick MMs brain about our offense you would see a lot of dust.

dave56dj
03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
You are soo off its humorous - this had zero - zero to
Do with the giant playbook- maybe just maybe Pre giants game they ask Mario a couple questions but for god sakes they have 15 other games- they have 53 other players 20 or 30 from
Other teams- if anything teams do this with practice squaders or scrubs cut- not stars they pay millions to for production at their respective position. Will
It be a minuscule factor - maybe - but very unlikely- the addition of Mario has zero to do with the giants- to be so egocentric and paranoid is hilarious. The niners Main concern is their division and that's that. Again if
They want a minor and I do mean minor leg up on a Any opponent
They may sign a scrub and pump
Him for playbook - but that's still rare and the niners are hardly focused on the giants- with parody today that would be insanely dumb.

This would
Be like signing BJE just to get info about the pats when clearly we'd be doing it for a backup rb- the blinders are all yours.

Drez
03-18-2012, 06:50 PM
I predict Alex Smith throws 20 int's next year. 12 of those INT's are due to Manningham running the wrong route.</P>

And you'd be wrong. SF's offense isn't nearly as complex as ours is as far as read options are concerned. That's where MM got himself in trouble. Most offenses don'thave as many reads as ours, nor as many reads during one play (there can be as many as3 or more read/options on one route). </P>

MM is actually a very good route runner (though he does tend to drift too close to the sideline at times). I can see him doing very well in a system where he can just go out and run his route and have minimal or no reads.</P>

Drez
03-18-2012, 06:57 PM

What point are you trying to make? I stated that TEAMS have been doing this for years. My post showed no direct attachment to the Mario signing. This is why I dont comment on here.</P>

Maybe the part where you said, "News flash Dave," confused me on what you actually meant. Wait. It didn't. The reason why I told you to reread that part was because either you didn't catch, comprehend, or care to realize that Dave said that he knows that teams do engage in that practice, however they tend to sign marginal players that come at a low salary or be practice squad guys, not sign highly talented players to multi-year deals with millions of dollars on the line.</P>

meanygiantschick
03-18-2012, 07:01 PM
LMAO - +1

meanygiantschick
03-18-2012, 07:03 PM

I can dream

LMAO - +1

miked1958
03-18-2012, 07:04 PM

I can dream

Now that would be funny

dave56dj
03-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Thank you once again drez

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 07:10 PM

Honestly, Ted Ginn Jr. would be great for us on Special Teams. I'd sign him solely for this purpose.

Joe Morrison
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't see the 49ers having the same success they had this year, they came in with a new coach, he put it all together but now all the teams have a year worth of tape on them to figure out what there strengths and weaknesses are.</P>

Lucky to be in a lousy division but don't think they will be feared by anyone.</P>

As far as Mario goes, does he really know the Giants offense, it was funny they had sound bites form the super bowl and Manning was in Mario's grill telling him they are in cover 2, just run and I'll drop it in there, Manning had it all game and dropped one in and Mario stepped out of bounds and had to tell him it was there.</P>

Only a 2 year deal, think he would have gotten a 4 year from the Giants, all water under the bridge but unless they land Peytong Manning I don't see him doing a lot with Alex Smith throwing.</P>

Good Luck Mario</P>

rickker20
03-18-2012, 07:57 PM
It will funny to see Alex Smith sign with the Miami and Payton sign with the Titans.

MikeIsaGiant
03-18-2012, 09:24 PM
It'll take 3 years for Harbaugh to figure out what Mario is trying to say

Hooligans
03-18-2012, 09:29 PM
It'll take 3 years for Harbaugh to figure out what Mario is trying to say
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bohemian
03-18-2012, 10:34 PM

Coach: Okay Mario, we paid you more money that you are really worth, so you can now tell us everything about how the Giants' offense works. How about it?

Mario: What am I doing in San Francisco? I want to go back home!

Coach: But, your contract! you signed it with us! So tell me! About Eli's offense... HOW DO WE BEAT IT!

Mario: I don't like you. You mean. I want pizza. I want pizza. I want pizza.

Coach: Mario, don't you know that we are getting Peyton Manning? We are going to be that much closer to winning the big one. Now all we need is the secret to Eli's offense.

Mario: Hah! you are getting the wrong Manning... Peyton is funny.

Coach: Can someone please get me someone who knows sign language? To think that this guy went to my school is ridiculous.

Drez
03-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Thank you once again drez</P>

No worries. It just seems people are a little thick on what types of players get signed for that purpose. 9 times out of 10 it's a marginal player they can stick on the practice squad and can dump in a week or two without any recourse.</P>

Of course, Harbaugh will try and pick Mario's brain about our offense in the week before our game. He'd be remiss if he didn't. However, to claim that that was a major considering factor in their signing MM is poppy****. </P>

Hell, I bet the fact that he was in negotiations with the Rams was more of a factor than trying to get info on our playbook was.</P>

TheEnigma
03-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Coach: Okay Mario, we paid you more money that you are really worth, so you can now tell us everything about how the Giants' offense works.* How about it?

Mario: What am I doing in San Francisco? I want to go back home!

Coach: But, your contract! you signed it with us! So tell me! About Eli's offense... HOW DO WE BEAT IT!

Mario: I don't like you. You mean. I want pizza. I want pizza.* I want pizza.

Coach: Mario, don't you know that we are getting Peyton Manning? We are going to be that much closer to winning the big one.* Now all we need is the secret to Eli's offense.

Mario: Hah! you are getting the wrong Manning... Peyton is funny.

Coach: Can someone please get me someone who knows sign language?* To think that this guy went to my school is ridiculous.

http://api.ning.com/files/iOT5N4lIy7fVDBPdB7WbeQDdUUV-XO06I03mEPopU6iTEYf6NSZECOhcfIxNSd*ZPM-knoRQYPQFq7mjXeSmSEKEF8lMEI8s/clapping.gif

TrueBlue@NYC
03-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Thank you once again drez</P>

No worries. It just seems people are a little thick on what types of players get signed for that purpose. 9 times out of 10 it's a marginal player they can stick on the practice squad and can dump in a week or two without any recourse.</P>

Of course, Harbaugh will try and pick Mario's brain about our offense in the week before our game. He'd be remiss if he didn't. However, to claim that that was a major considering factor in their signing MM is poppy****. </P>

Hell, I bet the fact that he was in negotiations with the Rams was more of a factor than trying to get info on our playbook was.</P>

Agreed, also ppl seem to think that players hold all of these secrets about their teams offenses that opposing coaches don't know.

There may be some little things here and there, but with how much film study these coaches do on teams leading up to games MM is not going to tell Harbaugh anything about our offense that he probably doesn't already know.

Coaches, especially good ones only need to look at a play and they can figure out what the other team is trying to accomplish with it. Teams are very rarely ever surprised in the NFL, especially if a team runs the same offenses from year to year.

Colts ran pretty much the exact same offense for over a decade. There were no secrets to it that baffled coaches, it was just Mannings ability to execute it to perfection.

Tony Bruno
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Dont think for a second that the 49ers signing Mario was coincidence. Harbaugh wants to know the ins and outs of our offense so he can beat us next we meet in the playoffs. Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!...........and he thinks that Mario will be able to explain our offense to him? That is some kinda funny my friend!!!lmfao thats a great point. That's like hiring Apple's janitor to build you the next iPhone</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

G-Man67
03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
oh please ... they are gonna lay down that much $$$$ to know our offence ... and not to be mean or anything, but did MM ever strike you as a Rhode Scholar??</P>

they coulda brought Brandon Stokely into camp if they are so interested in intimate details about our O</P>

obviously they are lining up playmakers both for their courtship with Manning and naturally to improve their offence regardless of Manning ... they are in a win now mode as they should be</P>

burier
03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I think Harbaugh wanted a good reciever. I can't imagine he's signing people to beat the Giants when we're not in the same division they already beat us once and when they lost to us it was in overtime.

I will say that all the jokes about how dumb Maningham is are in poor taste.

You people have no idea how smart or dumb the guy really is.

Friday we were talking about how he made a comment that was going to hurt his chances of getting a gig which was immediately followed by him signing with the NFC runner up where he will be the #1 reciever.

Seems like he's got it togther to me.

Diamondring
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM

Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!When I was working at my job, they have me sign a piece of paper that I would not tell another complany that does the same thing what we did. I bet they did the same thing with Mario and other players

Diamondring
03-19-2012, 10:56 AM
oh please ... they are gonna lay down that much $$$$ to know our offence ... and not to be mean or anything, but did MM ever strike you as a Rhode Scholar??</P>

they coulda brought Brandon Stokely into camp if they are so interested in intimate details about our O</P>

obviously they are lining up playmakers both for their courtship with Manning and naturally to improve their offence regardless of Manning ... they are in a win now mode as they should be</P>Maybe the would if they can.

Giantsin04
03-19-2012, 10:41 PM

Also interesting Mario goes from being a #3 on our team to being a #3 on the 49ers. We should sign Ted Ginn!When I was working at my job, they have me sign a piece of paper that I would not tell another complany that does the same thing what we did. I bet they did the same thing with Mario and other players

The union that mm belongs to would never allow any player to sign a doc like that.

lawl
03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Rocket! Rocket!

Atleast cofield gave away that secret already.

bearbryant
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Harbaugh would be better off hiring kildrive as his butt boy to get the NYG offense! MM never really understood what offense he was playing in, even after winning the Super Bowl. This post should have been in all red! WOW

JJC7301
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
That's not why they signed him, but it would be an added bonus. They signed him because he is instantly the best WR on that team.

Diamondring
03-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Harbaugh would be better off hiring kildrive as his butt boy to get the NYG offense! MM never really understood what offense he was playing in, even after winning the Super Bowl. This post should have been in all red! WOWYes he did more than you know.