PDA

View Full Version : DE situation

bleedblue78
03-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Hey everyone,
Just wanted your opinions on the situation. Quick note, how do you feel about Adrian Tracy? He looked good to me last year in pre season games. I think we bring him up IF osi is traded.
Now I know having osi gives us the best chance to repeat but trading osi can benefit us in the short (cap space) and long runs (draft picks)
So if osi is traded, do we bring up Tracy? I'm not sure which way I'm leaning but I'd like to know what Tracy can bring to the table.
Go blue!

myles2424
03-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Osi isn't going anywhere & we pound for pound have the best DEs in the leauge, Tracy isn't worthy....

Bohemian
03-18-2012, 04:20 AM
Osi isn't going anywhere & we pound for pound have the best DEs in the leauge, Tracy isn't worthy....

I don't know if Tracy is not worthy... but we do have a monster d-line. Plus, you know that the team will draft a d-lineman, because the team does it every year.

ygkr
03-18-2012, 11:33 AM
If Tolly leaves he'll be in the mix

Spizi
03-18-2012, 11:47 AM
The DE situation is this... Osi will be gone after next year because we simply will not have enough money to put towards Cruz, Nicks, JPP etc. Tolly is already gone and Kiwi is playing linebacker so that just leaves Tuck and JPP. Basically what I'm saying is that DE is definitely in need of an upgrade and if a guy like Mercilus or Perry is there at 32 I think it would be very hard for the Giants not to take one of them.

Captain Chaos
03-18-2012, 11:48 AM
I think you look for a diamond in the rough in the later rounds that could do great things if Tolly leaves. Will be interesting to see what they do, better than Tracy is Trottau he played a few snaps for them this year, you never know.

RagTime Blue
03-18-2012, 12:24 PM
To me, it makes sense to let Osi finish out his contract and become a FA.

This way, he "stays healthy" and plays his butt off.

As far as his replacement. . .well I think JR likes value in the draft, but if value is a close between a DE and someone else, we might see a DE or two picked this year.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 12:34 PM
It wouldn't shock me if we saw Canty move between DT and DE if Osi leaves next year. He would be an adequate DE. Tracy could easily come in and take Tolly's spot. He is pretty strong.

RagTime Blue
03-18-2012, 12:38 PM
It wouldn't shock me if we saw<font size="6"> Canty move between DT and DE</font> if Osi leaves next year. He would be an adequate DE. Tracy could easily come in and take Tolly's spot. He is pretty strong.

Certainly a possibility, especially if Austin proves to be competant.

But you have to have depth as well, so there's a lot of other factors involved.

But Canty seems to be fairly versatile.

SweetZombieJesus
03-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Osi isn't going anywhere &amp; we pound for pound have the best DEs in the leauge, Tracy isn't worthy....

Well it looks like Tolly won't be back so there is a spot for a backup with a lot of snaps.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 01:02 PM

Well it looks like Tolly won't be back so there is a spot for a backup with a lot of snaps.
Not if Tuck and Osi stay healthy.

No matter what though, we have Kiwi as a fallback guy.

shocknaweny
03-18-2012, 01:16 PM
The DE situation is this... Osi will be gone after next year because we simply will not have enough money to put towards Cruz, Nicks, JPP etc. Tolly is already gone and Kiwi is playing linebacker so that just leaves Tuck and JPP. Basically what I'm saying is that DE is definitely in need of an upgrade and if a guy like Mercilus or Perry is there at 32 I think it would be very hard for the Giants not to take one of them.

I agree ...I think DE would not be a bad way to go either...

Kase-1
03-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I could def see us looking at a DE in the draft, either with Whitney Mercilus in the 1st or maybe Vinny Curry from Marshall in the 3rd or so

DownWitJPP
03-18-2012, 06:37 PM
we have a sleeper DE on the roster right now that no ones talking about

JPP's teammate from USF Craig Marshall
this kid has a relentless motor. I have a feeling he's going to be pretty good. Go watch his highlight tape on youtube

here's the link if any of you want to see it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZr8nQf8TAE

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 06:49 PM
I could def see us looking at a DE in the draft, either with Whitney Mercilus in the 1st or maybe Vinny Curry from Marshall in the 3rd or so
I've been huge on Curry for a while.

As for Curry, you'd probably have to cross your fingers that he is there in the second. I doubt he gets past the Packers in the second round if he even falls that far.