PDA

View Full Version : Ex Players

NY4U2
03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
How many player that have left the Giants, for what ever reasons (in recent years) regret it.

Heres 1 Steve Smith....

bLuereverie
03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Who knows what they feel, especially since there are still other great places to play.

NY4U2
03-18-2012, 10:51 AM
lol Other great places to play, good 1. The reason i asked this is because a lot of players are productive because of the system they play in. Once they leave that system (possibly looking for a payday) their production goes down. i cant seem to recall anyone in recent memory who left the Giants and went on to have a better career elsewhere. They usually end up getting cut in a year or 2, while the Giants keep moving forward and being productive (Superbowl even)...

LOL "other great places to play" you guys with your great punchlines...

NYGRealityCheck
03-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Their production might go down because they left a great Giants system but the $$$ for the 1-2 years they spend on another team goes up.

Manningham has a SB ring now and he's just trying to cash in like most other players would while unfortunately the Giants can't match to retain him.

I'm going to miss the Nicks-Manningham-Cruz combo....

bLuereverie
03-18-2012, 11:14 AM
LOL* "other great places to play"* you guys with your great punchlines...

Sorry I forgot the Meadowlands was the Western Mecca, and the Giants were the only team paying NFL athletes millions of dollars. Boohoo because some team has other genuine desires to move on from your favorite team. Boohoo.

NY4U2
03-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Sorry I forgot the Meadowlands was the Western Mecca, and the Giants were the only team paying NFL athletes millions of dollars. Boohoo because some team has other genuine desires to move on from your favorite team. Boohoo.

Dont hate- appreciate

SweetZombieJesus
03-18-2012, 11:46 AM
lol Other great places to play, good 1. The reason i asked this is because a lot of players are productive because of the system they play in. Once they leave that system (possibly looking for a payday) their production goes down. i cant seem to recall anyone in recent memory who left the Giants and went on to have a better career elsewhere. They usually end up getting cut in a year or 2, while the Giants keep moving forward and being productive (Superbowl even)...

Your post made me think of players who had potential with the Giants and went on to flourish elsewhere -- like Ed McCaffree.

Medisleman
03-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Boss, Smith, and Tiki I am sure all feel a bit of remorse since they left the team just before a SuperBowl win. I know Smith was there for 2007, but he only played in like 5 games that year. Shockey may feel some remorse too.

Sure money is important, but it isn't everything. If Manningham doesn't have success with an inferior QB to Eli who isn't able to teach him the way Eli is, he may regret his decision even while he bathes in cash. It is all about their priorities, being rich or being a great winning player.