PDA

View Full Version : WHO Replaces MM

bleedinblue27
03-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Is the rumor still going around about Steve Smith, well if so STOP!! </P>

if Hixon stayed healthy and Cruz still got his shot this wouldnt even be an issue. i think we will pick someone up still! </P>

Desepx
03-18-2012, 12:34 PM
think we are set at wr

expect us to maybe draft one mid-late.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Jernigan. Manningham's shoes shouldn't be that hard to fill. Jernigan was a monster in college.

RagTime Blue
03-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't think we have one guy who can fill Manningham's shoes right now.

But I do feel that we have other players who can combine for the production, and hopefully our offense won't suffer. Perhaps it will progress.

I'm going on record saying that Ramses will emerge this season as a significant NFL talent.

NY4U2
03-18-2012, 12:41 PM
think we are set at wr

expect us to maybe draft one mid-late.

+1

nycsportzfan
03-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Jernigan. Manningham's shoes shouldn't be that hard to fill. Jernigan was a monster in college. Jerrnigan was a beast at Troy.. People sometimes quickly forget guys, just because they don't instantly start producing, but u go and try and produce with Cruz, Nicks and Mario all ahead of u with expierence at the NFL level, to boot...lolReese is great at creating a assembly line and when its the next guys turn, they turn it on...

BeatYale
03-18-2012, 01:29 PM
We have 2 WR's that both warrant double coverage. With that said I like the idea of the team developing a 3rd WR. MM showed significant improvement in his sophomore season, it's realistic to expect the same from Jernigan.

Regarding Cruz being our slot WR and Jernigan also being seen as a slot WR....

When Nicks was drafted many people on this forum weren't happy because they felt he wasn't a vertical/sideline threat and was more of a possession/slot type WR like Steve Smith - based on his college career.

With that said I don't think it's fair to label Jernigan just yet. He very well could replace Manningham on the outside.

Toadofsteel
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Reese is great at creating a assembly line and when its the next guys turn, they turn it on...

This. We don't sign big-name FA because we can just call the next man up. It happened with Cruz and JPP last year, this year it will happen with Jernigan, DScott, and Fresh Prince...

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Is the rumor still going around about Steve Smith, well if so STOP!! </p>

if Hixon stayed healthy and Cruz still got his shot this wouldnt even be an issue. i think we will pick someone up still! </p>

At this moment, Hixon replaces Manningham

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Jernigan. Manningham's shoes shouldn't be that hard to fill. Jernigan was a monster in college. Jerrnigan was a beast at Troy.. People sometimes quickly forget guys, just because they don't instantly start producing, but u go and try and produce with Cruz, Nicks and Mario all ahead of u with expierence at the NFL level, to boot...lol**Reese is great at creating a assembly line and when its the next guys turn, they turn it on...
Jernigan is an under appreciated weapon on these boards. He is probably the best player on the team to run the wildcat through if they ever choose to do it. He was a great runner from the WC and reverse in college. He was an amazing receiver.

nhpgiantsfan
03-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Jernigan. Manningham's shoes shouldn't be that hard to fill. Jernigan was a monster in college. Jerrnigan was a beast at Troy.. People sometimes quickly forget guys, just because they don't instantly start producing, but u go and try and produce with Cruz, Nicks and Mario all ahead of u with expierence at the NFL level, to boot...lol**Reese is great at creating a assembly line and when its the next guys turn, they turn it on...
Jernigan is an under appreciated weapon on these boards. He is
probably the best player on the team to run the wildcat through if
they ever choose to do it. He was a great runner from the WC
and reverse in college. He was an amazing receiver.

Have you watched the Tom Coughlin Giants? We don't do gimmick plays like the wildcat. His being a good wildcat guy, provides no value to this team. He needs to step up and be a reliable WR for Eli, because whoever the third guy is, he will see a lot of single coverage.

Roxersboxers
03-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Goodbye MM, Hello JJ

gmen46
03-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Jernigan is an under appreciated weapon on these boards. He is probably the best player on the team to run the wildcat through if they ever choose to do it. He was a great runner from the WC and reverse in college. He was an amazing receiver.

Of course he's under appreciated on these boards. He hasn't done **** for the team yet. And he had opportunities--and failed-- to impress as a returner, so the fact of him being behind Nicks, Cruz, and MM is not the only reason he has underwhelmed, so far.

Having said that, Manningham didn't impress until the beginning of his 2nd year, either, so there is reason for Giants fans to be optimistic about next year, regarding JJ. But he better bring it then.

And forget the wildcat. That is SO 2008. Even Miami--who brought it back and made it popular for 1 season--hasn't used it for awhile.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 04:46 PM

Of course he's under appreciated on these boards. He hasn't done **** for the team yet. And he had opportunities--and failed-- to impress as a returner, so the fact of him being behind Nicks, Cruz, and MM is not the only reason he has underwhelmed, so far.

Having said that, Manningham didn't impress until the beginning of his 2nd year, either, so there is reason for Giants fans to be optimistic about next year, regarding JJ. But he better bring it then.

And forget the wildcat. That is SO 2008. Even Miami--who brought it back and made it popular for 1 season--hasn't used it for awhile.

Manningham was flat out dreadful his rookie year. Worst receiver on the team by far yet everyone loved him still. Jernigan was targeted maybe twice the entire season. He'll get his shot this year.

giantsfan420
03-18-2012, 06:01 PM
At nfl.com there's a good article by charlie casserly ranking the wrs based on film and combine. I agree with him that outside justin blackmon, there is no sure #1I wr.
he gives late first round grades to pretty much every wr besides blackmon, even if floyd goes mid first, we ll still have options. Im thinking kendall wright, stephen hill, rueben randle will probably be taken around our pick or available. If those three were available at our pick, I think kendall wright is most like mm. I don't think id take hill or randle with the first round pick. Id rather fleener over those two.
then we could try and get wright up to speed while we use jj/barden in front of him on the depth chart. If we take fleener, I could see him being a slot wr as well with bennett at te.

The only issue is would those guys be able to handle it? My top choice is ss, but if not him then id go with what I wrote above.

lawl
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
im on the stephen hill bandwagon

MikeIsaGiant
03-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I think Jernigan will have issues in the beginning of the season but I think he'll develop as the player to fill those shoes.

I just can't expect a lot from him so quickly

chizz
03-18-2012, 10:43 PM
stokely?