View Full Version : Matt Flynn to Seahawks

DownWitJPP
03-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Flynn just signed with the Seachickens
3yrs 26 Million

Looks like Miami keeps getting screwed

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
It's a blessing in disguise. I would never sign a career backup that was in GB's system. It's like Cassel. Two very overrated players.

DownWitJPP
03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
yea u have a point, but who is Miami's QB now?
they don't really have anyone. They have Matt Moore and Pat Devlin lol

Dolphins message board is about to go crazy

Marvelousmik
03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
It's a blessing in disguise. I would never sign a career backup that was in GB's system. It's like Cassel. Two very overrated players.

+1

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Vince Young... Given the right situation, he could be a winner.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM
yea u have a point, but who is Miami's QB now?
they don't really have anyone. They have Matt Moore and Pat Devlin lol

Dolphins message board is about to go crazy
Vince Young, if given the right situation, could thrive as a starter.

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Crossing my fingers for Alex Smith to go to the Dolphins (already visiting) and for Peyton to go to Tennessee. That way, the 49ers will be screwed without a QB.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Crossing my fingers for Alex Smith to go to the Dolphins (already visiting) and for Peyton to go to Tennessee. That way, the 49ers will be screwed without a QB.
they'd go for Vince Young lol

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
It's a blessing in disguise. I would never sign a career backup that was in GB's system. It's like Cassel. Two very overrated players.Yeah and Miami is running GB's system. That was the perfect fit. Flynn is going to most likely bust in Seattle if they don't tailor their system to him.

And that isn't a stab at Flynn. There are very very very few QBs who could succeed in any system. Good coaches tailor their systems for a QB. People throw the term "system QB" around, but it really isn't relevant. Every QB has weaknesses and strengths, it is the coaches job to put the QB, in particular, in a system that suits him. The Packers knew how to do that, and he looked solid in two starts, but if the Seahawks perceive the kid to just be a solid overall QB, than they are probably in for another Charlie Whitehurst-type mistake.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
they'd go for Vince Young lolOr stick with Kaepernick. I like Kaepernick, I don't think people should write him off just yet.

DownWitJPP
03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
i forgot SF had Kaepernick.. I thought for sure Flynn was going to Miami with Philbin taking over as head coach.

Axels15
03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Matt Moore's really not so bad. He's not a worldbeater, but he's more than serviceable

In his most recent start, weren't most of Flynn's touchdowns really short throws that just ended up going long?

He would have been good in Philbin's system, but I don't think he's anything special

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Matt Moore's really not so bad. He's not a worldbeater, but he's more than serviceableLol yeah if he has to earn his job. He is good when he has to beat out the starter, but he has been handed the job twice now I believe as the incumbent starter and he's pissed it away twice.

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
they'd go for Vince Young lolOr stick with Kaepernick. I like Kaepernick, I don't think people should write him off just yet.It's not so much that Kaep will be a horrible QB but you have to imagine his rookie mistakes will cost the 49ers a game or two. He could possibly choke in the playoffs as well and as underwhelming as Smith is, he proved he could lead the 49ers to comebacks last season. Can Kaep win games from behind?

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
they'd go for Vince Young lolOr stick with Kaepernick. I like Kaepernick, I don't think people should write him off just yet.It's not so much that Kaep will be a horrible QB but you have to imagine his rookie mistakes will cost the 49ers a game or two. He could possibly choke in the playoffs as well and as underwhelming as Smith is, he proved he could lead the 49ers to comebacks last season. Can Kaep win games from behind?The kid has mobility, a strong arm and a HC who definitely knows the ins and outs of the position.

Not really that informed on his intangibles though, but I think if Alex Smith could be made a solid QB by Harbaugh, Kaep can be even better. Lets not forget, Alex Smith was a dog **** QB 2 years ago haha. Harbaugh, having seen Kaep in practice and limited snaps probably has a nice little feel for him and knows what will work.

I'm just anxious to see how well I evaluated last years QBs. I hated almost every "first-tier QB" and preferred the second tier guys.

1. Andy Dalton
2. Christian Ponder
3. Colin Kaepernick
4. Jake Locker
5. Cam Newton

..were my rankings IIRC.

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 06:34 PM
We'll see I suppose and it could go many ways. Kaep could essentially become the 05 Big Ben for the 49ers and just manage the game and come along for the ride in his first year starting or he could be a legit surprise as an emerging QB with weapons like Davis, MM, Crabs, and Moss. Inexperience is one of the last things you want for your starting QB when your team is in a "win now" mode though.

As for the other QB's...

I think Dalton has proved his worthiness and made the fans forget about Palmer.

Ponder was a bad QB for an all around bad team and as hard as I am on him for his drafted status, he still has a chance.

Kaep would probably be better off waiting another year before starting since he didn't get any offseason training and was a very raw QB coming out of Nevada.

Locker just needs to work on his accuracy and he can be solid for the Titans.

Newton needs a defense.

giantyankee1976
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM

methinks you hit the nail on the head

Joe Morrison
03-18-2012, 09:26 PM
It's a blessing in disguise. I would never sign a career backup that was in GB's system. It's like Cassel. Two very overrated players. methinks you hit the nail on the head</P>

Wasn't Rodgers a back up for quite awhile waiting for Farve to leave, don't really know how Matt is going to work out in the long run but think he picked a pretty lousy team to play for, but then again in that division every team has a shot at the playoffs.</P>

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Wasn't Rodgers a back up for quite awhile waiting for Farve to leave, don't really know how Matt is going to work out in the long run Yeah but it is much more complex than that. Rodgers was mobile, good arm, incredible touch passer, can make all the stick throws, basically...a first round prospect.

Flynn is just a guy who put up good numbers in a system tailored for him. People see 6 TDs in one game, but nothing in that game sticks out to you. There were almost no wow passes in those 44 attempts vs Detroit. Nothing leads you to believe he is a gifted passer, or anything close to that.

If the Seahawks put Flynn in a quick read offense, where it is 3 steps and out, and don't make him try to make all the reads he will be okay because he is still pretty much a rookie that played with a lot of weapons, so what happens when you're on the Seahawks now and they blitz the living **** out of you?