PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Grant?

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Also speculation, but this could be addressed in FA. I would LOVE Brian Dawkins. He's ancient, but he can still ball. IDK if we could get him for the vet minimum though.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh my God imagine Dawkins on this team...... one of the few Eagles played I had the utmost respect for his game....

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh my God imagine Dawkins on this team...... one of the few Eagles played I had the utmost respect for his game....

Imagine... divisional round, Dawkins picks off Vick for a pick 6 to seal the deal for the Giants. I would probably weep tears of joy.

Firenugget
03-18-2012, 06:50 PM
No thanks. He was good in his day but we can do better in the draft or a young/cheap FA imo. Actually I'm pretty sure that's why we signed Horton already.

DownWitJPP
03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
we have Sash, Chad Jones is coming back (i know its a long shot but i'm pulling for the kid)
and they may even use T2 in that role.

jomo
03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
......even with his cheap shot on Hilliard etc? He certainly wasagreat one but that would be alot for me to swallow.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Eh we already have box safeties in Sash and probably Chad Jones.

He brings energy, no question, but he might compromise our scheme as a starter, and I don't see the point in bringing him in as a backup.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Grant is gone? That sucks, he was a great player and I'm really glad he got a ring with us.

Dawkins can suck a big one. I hate him, he's the master of the cheap shot.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2012, 07:12 PM
......even with his cheap shot on Hilliard etc? He certainly wasagreat one but that would be alot for me to swallow.

I hear you, I just feel like we could really use someone that plays so physical & relentless like him... the leadership alone he brings with him is a huge plus

I'm just saying if he would come cheap I'd be all for it

logan9839
03-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Dawkins is one of the dirties players ever, I hope we don't go that way!

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Dawkins is one of the dirties players ever, I hope we don't go that way!

Agreed. Might as well have Flozell "Ninja Kick" Adams on the roster too. And while we're at it, pick up Vilma, Vince Young and Pacman Jones.

Flip Empty
03-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Grant is gone? That sucks, he was a great player and I'm really glad he got a ring with us.

Dawkins can suck a big one. I hate him, he's the master of the cheap shot.

Grant may retire.

Dawkins is one of my favourite players, but I don't think he'd have a place in the Giants.

Vtgmenfan89
03-19-2012, 12:12 AM
His name is Terrell Thomas. Rolle and Phillips will be playing safety and T2 Prince and Webster will be our base nickel now opposed to 3 safeties, with T2 hopefully playing the slot. However I do agree a 3rd safety may need to be drafted or brought in. Depends on what they think of Sash and if Chad Jones truly can return. I believe I read he may be able to take part in training camp

TrueBlue@NYC
03-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Word is that Dawkins is either retiring or he's going back to DEN if he decides to play another season.

I agree with vtgmen, Giants are probably looking at going back to a more traditional nickle set with 3 CBs'.

And if not they probably think they have a good competition for the 3rd spot b/t Horton, Sash, Jones and they'll probably bring in another guy either low end FA, draft pick or a UDFA to round out the competition.

BlueSanta
03-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I think the Giants want to try Sash out. The coaches were high on him last year.

LT_was_good
03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Agree with the sentiment that the replacement for Grant will now be a backup, not the 3rd safety in a 3 safety set. We'll see if Sash or Jones can fill that role.

Captain Chaos
03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Don't like Dawkins, sorry, watched too many games where he took cheap shots on our receivers (Hilliard anyone). Let him stay in Denver.