PDA

View Full Version : Our schedule next season will be much tougher than it was this year.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 06:59 PM
<u>Division Rivals</u>
Redskins
Eagles
Cowboys
<u>
Playoff teams (from last year)</u>
Packers (1st seed)H
49ers (2nd seed)A
Saints (3rd seed)H
Falcons (4th seed)A
Steelers (5th seed)H
Ravens (2nd seed)A
Bengals (6th seed)A

<u>Other games</u>
Bucs (widely considered an up-and-coming team)H
Panthers (with Cam Newton entering his 2nd year)A
Browns (these guys suck)H

7 playoff teams from last year, 4 of which are away games.

I mean, honestly, this is a very difficult schedule, but I have a lot of faith in this team. We played well this past year and were able to overcome a hard schedule, I truly believe we can do it again. I'm looking forward to some dog-fights with the NFLs top teams.

Firenugget
03-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I used to buy into this. But honestly with the way teams change year to year it means little. 4 of those 7 could be playing like complete garbage with tons of injuries, etc when we play them. I judge difficulty on a week to week basis. I think it's the only realistic way that you can.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 07:03 PM
And if you really want to split hairs, we'll of course meet the New England Patriots in the pre-season.

I'd love to go to the Packers or Saints game. I feel like we can take out New Orleans at home, especially if they're missing some players. Hopefully we get them early on.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 07:07 PM
This is true. Many teams change drastically from year to year. I think the Steelers, Ravens, Packers and Saints will all be very good considering a lot of their mainstays. The last time we played the Ravens we were able to beat them with a highly effective running game, there are some incredible ball-hawks on some of those teams between Ed Reed, Polamalu and Charles Woodson, hopefully Eli, Cruz and Nicks will be able to render them ineffective against our passing game.

jomo
03-18-2012, 07:10 PM
My knee jerk reation is to agree but there are too many moving parts from year to year. Look at last year, we thought the Jets would be so tough during pre-season and the eagles were going to be all big and bad. Next year the saints have lost their best OL, have lost a receiver and may be without their HC for a while. Obviously all of our top oponents won't regress but it is something over which we have no control so let's just play the games.

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
What everyone else said about change is correct. Remember, we were deathly afraid of the Eagles since they made a nice little streak in beating us but we whipped them in Philadelphia. Then most of us had SF as a sure win before the season but look at how that turned out. You just never know.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree there are most likely going to be major differences for a lot of these teams, but I don't foresee a lot of our opponents as suddenly dropping off.

Last year we got to play some traditionally crappy teams. the Dolphins, Bills, Seahawks, Cardinals and Rams were gimme games going into the year although we thought the 9ers would be an easy game and the Hawks came to play against us. The Jets haven't beaten us since the early 80's.

I'm not saying we should hide under our beds, I'm actually looking forward to our matchups with San Fran, Pitt and the Ravens considering they're smashmouth teams similar to us.

Flip Empty
03-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Browns (these guys suck)
True, but they have an odd habit of beating the defending SB champs when they play them.
They beat the Giants last time, remember.

foosball
03-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Nah. It doesn't break any tougher than it did last year. It will be easier because one of those teams will fall.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Nah. It doesn't break any tougher than it did last year. It will be easier because one of those teams will fall.

Last year we played 6 teams that made the playoffs the year before. Bottom 4 seeds from the NFC, 1st seed from the AFC and 6th seed. This year we will play all of the top seeds besides the Patriots in the regular season.

I think we matchup well with most of those teams though. The teams we may have a lot of trouble with we get at home which will help.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Browns (these guys suck)
True, but they have an odd habit of beating the defending SB champs when they play them.
They beat the Giants last time, remember.

We also played them in Cleveland, the crowd noise was ridiculous and Aaron Ross got schooled by Braylon Edwards. It'll be different this year. Cleveland fans will be left crying worse than when Lebron left.