PDA

View Full Version : Nicks-------------------------- ? --------------------------Cruz

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Will we go into the season at WR with what's on our roster or will we make a move in FA or the draft?

What does everyone think?

Reese & TC have said they want Jernigan & Barden to step up but that's nothing new they say that about everyone. They expect big things out of both of them.

Now I trust Rees fully however I'm not so comfortable going into the season without a proven #3. Hixon while a veteran isn't proven, hasn't played that much as a receiver and has injury issues.

I'd like to add someone cheap but who can be counted on from day 1.

Flip Empty
03-18-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't understand this fascination with adding someone "cheap" to every position. Hixon, Barden and Jernigan are "cheap". What makes you think you're going to get anyone more reliable for a similar price?

They'll probably draft another receiver but even if they don't, I think the team will be okay.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't understand this fascination with adding someone "cheap" to every position. Hixon, Barden and Jernigan are "cheap". What makes you think you're going to get anyone more reliable for a similar price?

They'll probably draft another receiver but even if they don't, I think the team will be okay.

I don't mean the vet min. Just at a reasonable price we can afford.

I don't see us drafting a receiver high enough that will be able to contribute right away at that #3 slot.

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Will we go into the season at WR with what's on our roster or will we make a move in FA or the draft?

Reese & TC have said they want Jernigan & Barden to step up but that's nothing new they say that about everyone. They expect big things out of both of them.

Now I trust Rees fully however I'm not so comfortable going into the season without a proven #3. Hixon while a veteran isn't proven, hasn't played that much as a receiver and has injury issues.

One thing its getting clear IMO is that the giants are going to have at their disposal very high level talent at WR in the 1st three rounds and would not surprise me if they even go after a WR in the 1st if a guy they like is available. My gut feeling is they will end with a strong, fast, tall athlete at WR when all is said and done .

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 08:03 PM

I wouldn't be too quick to discount Hixon as the # 3 coming out of training camp. He does hold the single game all purpose record for yards gained. Has great hands, yes he has dropped a few passes, and rounds very good routes.

Idkaname
03-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Stephen hill anyone?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?

I have faith that Diehl will hold down that RT spot and maybe Brewer is ready?

I still think we need to solidify the O-line. Games are won int he trenches and our trenches on defense are set for years. let's do the same with our offense & protect Eli for the rest of his career.

Mod_C
03-18-2012, 08:16 PM
<font color="#0000FF">Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?</font>

I still think we need to solidify the O-line. Games are won int he trenches and our trenches on defense are set for years. let's do the same with our offense &amp; protect Eli for the rest of his career.

If the OLine looks lioke this:

Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, Diehl

Probably. But it depends on who's at the top of the Board at pick 32

NYG4lifeNYK
03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
<font color="#0000FF">Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?</font>

I still think we need to solidify the O-line. Games are won int he trenches and our trenches on defense are set for years. let's do the same with our offense &amp; protect Eli for the rest of his career.

I really like Petrus at LG...for me it would be

Beatty, Petrus, Baas, Snee, Diehl

Flip Empty
03-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Stephen hill anyone?
I doubt he'll be there at 32. Besides, the Giants aren't the Raiders. Speed isn't everything.

NY_Eli
03-18-2012, 08:26 PM
it's the jernigan jump

NWKEffectElement
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM

I still think we need to solidify the O-line. Games are won int he trenches and our trenches on defense are set for years. let's do the same with our offense & protect Eli for the rest of his career.

Probably.* But it depends on who's at the top of the Board at pick 32

I really like Petrus at LG...for me it would be

Beatty, Petrus, Baas, Snee, Diehl

No love for Boothe?

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM

There's more upside at 32 in the WR class than the OT IMO. After that the talent level in the 2nd round at OL is pretty even, unless someone like Mike Adams slides all the way down in the 1st ( unlikely ) , that been said its goinf to be difficult to pass up a Kendall Wright in the end of the 1st. Very hard to have a feel at this point in what the Giants are going to do . My guess right now is the BPA in their list at OL, WR, ILB and probably RB.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM

There's more upside at 32 in the WR class than the OT IMO. After that the talent level in the 2nd round at OL is pretty even, unless someone like Mike Adams slides all the way down in the 1st ( unlikely ) , that been said its goinf to be difficult to pass up a Kendall Wright in the end of the 1st. Very hard to have a feel at this point in what the Giants are going to do . My guess right now is the BPA in their list at OL, WR, ILB and probably RB.

If Devon Still, DT from Penn State is still on the board at 32 don't be surprised...

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Stephen hill anyone?
I doubt he'll be there at 32. Besides, the Giants aren't the Raiders. Speed isn't everything.He's also the best run blocker to come out of the draft in years. The issue with him is the lack of routes he has ran and slight concentration issues. Other than that, he has all the physical tools available to become a Randy Moss type of player without the drama. It's a Reese like selection and if he's still around at 32, I think it's a serious possibility.

buddy33
03-18-2012, 08:45 PM
What about JJ?

I think Toomer had 1 catch his rookie season. Look at how he turned out. Manningham didn't do much his rookie season either and now so many are worried he left.

Trust the GM.

buddy33
03-18-2012, 08:45 PM
What about JJ?

I think Toomer had 1 catch his rookie season. Look at how he turned out. Manningham didn't do much his rookie season either and now so many are worried he left.

Trust the GM.

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2012, 08:46 PM

If Devon Still, DT from Penn State is still on the board at 32 don't be surprised...

Yep, I won't be surprised and will consider it a great pick but with Canty at 29 , Linval in his 3rd year and Marvin in his 2nd I do feel like the Giants are going to fill depth with a cheap FA vet of UDFA. Of all positions IMO the one with less depth or explosiveness Is starting to be the WR, don't get me wrong, I have full confidence in Nicks and Cruz but outside of them, JJ and Ramses are stillmquestion marks and Hixon is coming off 2ACL injuries. The Giants have been consistent drafting a WR within the 1st three rounds since 06 with the exception of 2010, the Giants have done a very good job in surrounding Eli with talent at the WR position and this year I don't see it differently taking in count the departure of Mario this year and SS las year.

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2012, 08:51 PM
What about JJ?

Trust the GM.
I truly like JJ but I will be very happy if the Giants draft more talent at WR and keep giving Eli young talent to work with and pushes JJ and Ramses not falling in complacency and take their shot for granted.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 09:03 PM

Yep, I won't be surprised and will consider it a great pick but with Canty at 29 , Linval in his 3rd year and Marvin in his 2nd I do feel like the Giants are going to fill depth with a cheap FA vet of UDFA. Of all positions IMO the one with less depth or explosiveness Is starting to be the WR, don't get me wrong, I have full confidence in Nicks and Cruz but outside of them, JJ and Ramses are stillmquestion marks and Hixon is coming off 2ACL injuries. The Giants have been consistent drafting a WR within the 1st three rounds since 06 with the exception of 2010, the Giants have done a very good job in surrounding Eli with talent at the WR position and this year I don't see it differently taking in count the departure of Mario this year and SS las year.

I think Reese's often repeated phrase "you can't have too many good pass rushers" may be the deciding factor if Still is there at 32

G-Men Surg.
03-18-2012, 11:27 PM

I think Reese's often repeated phrase "you can't have too many good pass rushers" may be the deciding factor if Still is there at 32

Acknowledging the possibility of Still as a potential draft pick from Big Blue and seeing you liking this idea I want to ask you RF what other player you like at this point in the 1st if Still isn't available, he keeps climbing in every other draft mock out there. Whats your next guy bro ?

rainierjef
03-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Too be honest bro its more like

Nicks--------------------Eli-------?-------Cruz----------------------?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-19-2012, 12:11 AM

Huh?

Flip Empty
03-19-2012, 01:08 AM

Huh?

Eli is going to prove his Eliteness by throwning to himself

rainierjef
03-19-2012, 01:25 AM

Huh?

i meant... WR-----------QB--------TE-------WR-------------WR

NYG4lifeNYK
03-19-2012, 01:35 AM

Huh?

i meant... WR-----------QB--------TE-------WR-------------WR

Lol I wasn't listing formations

rainierjef
03-19-2012, 01:45 AM
i know your basically asking who's going to be our slot.

but i'm saying to you we already have our slot guy who's going to be our Z. and better question as well who's going to be our TE lol

i have little faith in MB

foosball
03-19-2012, 07:11 AM

Jernigan was a third round pick. We'll see what he can do. If Steve Smith isn't picked up by camp they will look at him too. He knows the offense and should be healthy by now.

BlueSanta
03-19-2012, 07:46 AM
No knock on JJ, cause we have no idea how good he will be. However, he is a slot guy and I just think it far more likely we try to find a guy who can play outside so we can keep Cruz predominantly in the slot. When you have the best player in the league at his position(Cruz was the best Slot WR in the NFL), you dont change his position unless you absolutely have to.

We need a guy to replace MM on the outside.

GameTime
03-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Reese &amp; TC have said they want Jernigan &amp; Barden to step up but that's nothing new they say that about everyone. They expect big things out of both of them.

</P>

I expect Barden to be cut in preseason.</P>

I dont what to expect from Jernigan but I have hope he will step up. </P>

I keep expecting Devin Thomas to make a major step up but I am losing faith that he just doesn't put the work in so he can step up. Physically he has the tools. I think he somewhat lazy though. </P>

Giants will bring in a "long in the tooth vet" that will make a bit a wave and then get cut and they will also bring in a 2 or 3 year WR that hasn't flashed yet hoping they can do it with their coaching staff.</P>

It will be interesting. </P>

LT_was_good
03-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I really think Hixon can be as good, if not better than, Manningham. He doesn't have quite the same ability to make amazing plays, but he's also more consistent (one huge drop 4 years ago notwithstanding). I consider him a solid outside receiver and a very good 3rd option.

TimsGiants
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Tied 17-17 in the NFC Championship Victor Cruz went out for a play on 3rd down. Jernigan came in at slot only to drop a crossing pattern that deflected off his hands and thnkfully wasnt picked to give 49ers the win.

Jernigan not the answer.he is to small and the game is to big for him.

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I will be very happy if the Giants end up with Joe Adams out of Arkansas . Similar craft than Mario but a demos in ST. Can solve our returning game and adds ure talent into the WR mix.

burier
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
I think we need another reciever.

People are talking about Jernigan but this cat is 5 feet 8 inches!

Get real. We need someone with some kind of size.

KillaRich908
03-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Steve smith is a traitor .... But maybe we should give him a shot ..... I just think his style compliments nicks and Cruz perfectly.... If he comes back healthy that Is

KillaRich
03-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Steve smith is a traitor .... But maybe we should give him a shot ..... I just think his style compliments nicks and Cruz perfectly.... If he comes back healthy that Is

Wrong screen name lol