PDA

View Full Version : Ramses Barden??????

joel2424
03-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Do you guys really seeing him stepping it up? Yes hes supposed to be a working project, but just the few times Ive seen him. He is ridiculously slow of the line. Maybe its too early too judge but maybe needs more of a chance? thoughts.

RoanokeFan
03-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Do you guys really seeing him stepping it up? Yes hes supposed to be a working project, but just the few times Ive seen him. He is ridiculously slow of the line. Maybe its too early too judge but maybe needs more of a chance? thoughts.

Not really. He's just not broken through yet. Is this the season?

joel2424
03-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Exactly right about him slow of the line. He has got to step up this year...no question

keith3313
03-18-2012, 10:51 PM
He Has to step it up when his number is called. Has'nt really had a chance.

Bohemian
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I can see him not making the roster during the preseason cuts.

keith3313
03-18-2012, 10:55 PM
wouldn't surprise me either if he did get cut!

buddy33
03-18-2012, 10:57 PM
I have supported him since he was drafted, but it was not comforting to se him be a healthy scratch.

NWKEffectElement
03-18-2012, 11:01 PM
He did well when called upon this season. His opportunities were limited.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 11:01 PM
He's not a fast twitch type guy, he has to build up speed and still doesn't have much. He has trouble getting off the line to build up speed, too.

He kind of reminds me of a slower Matt Jones...minus the drug problem.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 11:05 PM
He did well when called upon this season. His opportunities were limited.He had .94 yards per route run...

Good for 143rd in the league.

GfieldGmen
03-18-2012, 11:06 PM
He had a great opportunity 2 seasons ago when Wrs were dropping like flies. To bad he ended up being one of those Wrs. He caught like 2 passes and then bam done for the season.

Axels15
03-18-2012, 11:12 PM
He did well when called upon this season. His opportunities were limited.He had .94 yards per route run...

Yes, but thats not necessarily a good statistic. You can run a route and note be the main target, which I doubt he ever really was

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 11:12 PM

Yes, but thats not necessarily a good statistic. You can run a route and note be the main target, which I doubt he ever really wasSo he didn't do well when called upon then?

Tuckit91
03-18-2012, 11:13 PM
This will be his last season to prove him self with the Giants!!

bLuereverie
03-18-2012, 11:20 PM
After failing to disengage the top corner of the Jets, he decided to step his game up [in sucking] by being bullied by Kyle Wilson and then by the turf he's supposed to call homefield. That looked liked the penultimate to me. Prior to that his career high was 3 catches. When you have Beckum taking over red zone plays, you know you've hit rock bottom.

The man can't run routes which means every inch of that 6'6'' is worth nothing.

Axels15
03-18-2012, 11:24 PM

Yes, but thats not necessarily a good statistic. You can run a route and note be the main target, which I doubt he ever really wasSo he didn't do well when called upon then?

My point is that the way the Giants run the offense, Eli wouldn't necessarily be looking for him on those routes run.

He could run ten routes, say, and he could be the main target on two of them. The others, maybe, were Nicks or Cruz, who Eli would have gone too.

So while he could have done really well on the two routes where he is the main target, that statistic would not show that. See what I'm getting at?

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 11:27 PM

My point is that the way the Giants run the offense, Eli wouldn't necessarily be looking for him on those routes run.

He could run ten routes, say, and he could be the main target on two of them. The others, maybe, were Nicks or Cruz, who Eli would have gone too.

So while he could have done really well on the two routes where he is the main target, that statistic would not show that. See what I'm getting at?Yes but that ambiguity in whose the main target should not warrant a response that indicates that Barden has been anything near good in his opportunities.

You say maybe it was two targets, maybe its three, maybe its four etc etc, regardless...142 receivers judged by that same metric had a better YPRR.

Neverend
03-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Barden just sucks.

Lumbers down the field, a huge long strider with no explosiveness. Very below average speed

Like others have noted, not quick-twitch out of his breaks

Also short armed that pass in the jets game when he was hearing footsteps

The only thing he does well is adjust to the ball and high point it. But even that, hes not elite at it. Because of his lanky frame he doesn't have elite box out skills in the mold of andre johnson or fitzgreald. He was overrated coming out of the draft, a project in every sense of the word. I have low expectations

Axels15
03-19-2012, 12:03 AM

So while he could have done really well on the two routes where he is the main target, that statistic would not show that. See what I'm getting at?Yes but that ambiguity in whose the main target should not warrant a response that indicates that Barden has been anything near good in his opportunities.

You say maybe it was two targets, maybe its three, maybe its four etc etc, regardless...142 receivers judged by that same metric had a better YPRR.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Barden. I don't think I said that, but I possibly should have been more clear.

Barden has not been good in his opportunities. But that specific statistic is not such a great way to show that

Axels15
03-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Also, out of curiosity, where are you finding that stat/rankings?

Can't find it myself

gmen0820
03-19-2012, 12:11 AM

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Barden. I don't think I said that, but I possibly should have been more clear.

Barden has not been good in his opportunities. But that specific statistic is not such a great way to show thatWhile agree with you that he hasn't been good in his opportunities, if that statistic isn't doing it for the people who do believe he has been good in his limited opportunities, then there is no way to prove/disprove it. That is as exact as it gets and while it leaves out the exclusive details, I don't think anyone, including the coaches know where Barden was, progression wise, in his 100 pass snaps.

gmen0820
03-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Also, out of curiosity, where are you finding that stat/rankings?

Can't find it myselfPFF

Axels15
03-19-2012, 12:16 AM

In reality, no one statistic is really perfect for evaluating a player. You need to look at everything, and mostly focus on game tape. As we can't really do that, I suppose that stat will have to do

Barden has not been good in his opportunities. But that specific statistic is not such a great way to show thatWhile agree with you that he hasn't been good in his opportunities, if that statistic isn't doing it for the people who do believe he has been good in his limited opportunities, then there is no way to prove/disprove it. That is as exact as it gets and while it leaves out the exclusive details, I don't think anyone, including the coaches know where Barden was, progression wise, in his 100 pass snaps.

myles2424
03-19-2012, 12:35 AM
There's a differnce between guys that flash,but take awhile to come along & guys that show absolutely nothing and wait years to pan out and nothing happens.........I sure how we draft another WR for insurance, that 3 rd spot should not be taken lightly...

miked1958
03-19-2012, 05:33 AM
I can see him not making the roster during the preseason cuts.

Well now that mm is gone he will get more balls thrown his way. He will have no excuse now. Time to put up or shut up. I don't see a problem with him making the final roster. I see a problem with him being on GameDay roster. He will have to be able to prove he is good enough to not be placed as inactive each week. That being due to him being injuried or just not good or consistent enough to be trusted.

miked1958
03-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Let's face it. With the opportunity afforded him by mm leaving and a QB like Eli throwing to him, if the guy can't make the team and take the next step under those circumstances then I don't think he can make it anywhere

B-Red22
03-19-2012, 08:13 AM
He did OK when given chances last year, but this will be his last year to prove himself.

GameTime
03-19-2012, 08:59 AM
he will be gone before the next regular season begins...</P>

</P>

LT_was_good
03-19-2012, 09:42 AM
He's in the Beckum category for me. Zero expectations. If he does anything positive for the team, awesome. If not, so be it. Much more interested to see what a (hopefully) healthy Hixon and JJ can do.

Captain Chaos
03-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Not sure how the injury affected his ability this year. He certainly seemed to take his time coming back. As far as his getting on the field, he was behind 3 other Wrs and no one solid return man. He didn't even dress for the play offs. This will be the year he either steps up or goes somewhere else.

RagTime Blue
03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Amani Toomer was not a sensation overnight. . .in fact people were calling him a bust. But he worked very hard at his releases, even taking martial arts classes (recommended to him by Howard Cross) to get better with his hands.

I hope Ramses is doing everything he can to really make a splash also.

Raptor22
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm going there:

I think and expect that Barden will step up this season. IMO, the only reason he hasn't broken through yet is because he has yet to get consistent reps. He's got good hands when he gets regular reps, he's got more speed than people give him credit for (Remembre Cruz's 99yrd TD? Barden was with him every step of the way, and threw the block that made sure Cruz got into the endzone).

mainegiantsfan
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
If you are looking for an excuse to bash him, I guess its easy from what most of the posters are doing. The man has good hands, a good outlook, and is tall. if these are not good building block, don't know what is. My biggest concern is can he stay healthy? Give the chance, I think he will exceed. Don't forget, we let a couple of lean wide recievers go a few years back. Can't recall the names, but they turned out very good.

mainegiantsfan
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Joe Jerivecius was one.

burier
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Barden just sucks.

Lumbers down the field, a huge long strider with no explosiveness. Very below average speed

Like others have noted, not quick-twitch out of his breaks

Also short armed that pass in the jets game when he was hearing footsteps

The only thing he does well is adjust to the ball and high point it. But even that, hes not elite at it. Because of his lanky frame he doesn't have elite box out skills in the mold of andre johnson or fitzgreald. He was overrated coming out of the draft, a project in every sense of the word. I have low expectations

Analysis on point.

Looks slow.
Shows no quickness.
Shows no toughness.
Shows no abilitly to use his size to his advantage.

We've had all kinds of injuries over the past couple years at WR and he still hasn't busted a grape.

Low low expectations.

G-Man67
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
well he is gonna get his chance, so we will see</P>

i feel if he can stay healthy, then he can contribute</P>

radar-ray
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
well he is gonna get his chance, so we will see</P>

i feel if he can stay healthy, then he can contribute</P>This!

jakegibbs
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM

He's the giant version of SR Moss. Get it? Tall vs short both with same results which was nada. I just hope he don't hang around for years like SR Moss did. This year it's put up of shut up IMHO anyway.

Breezely
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I think he will have to fight like hell this preseason to make the team but at least he is not lacking desire. I believe he has the skill set but he has had injury issues and issues learning the playbook.

PLEASE READ (http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2012/02/04/1935824/barden-waiting-his-chance-to-play.html)

NorwoodBlue
03-19-2012, 10:05 PM
He has a hell of a pre-season, or he gets cut.

Zaggs
03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
I think if the Giants go into the season with Barden or Jernigan consistently playing the #3 spot, they're in trouble. The most balls I saw thrown at Barden was against New England, which he admitted was his worst game as a pro. So if the game were he was targeted the most was his worst, I'm not filled with confidence about him. Jernigan couldn't even handle what was supposed to be his forte, returns. I'd love to see the Giants get one of the remaining WR free agents whose names do not rhyme with Laxico. But I think the market has been crazy with receivers this year so the price is too high.