PDA

View Full Version : MANNINGHAM PROBABLY MESSED UP HIS CARRER BY SIGNING WITH SAN FRANCISCO

NYGiantsFan56
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM
It appears that Mario Manningham probably messed up his career they way things are shaping up in San Francisco. It appears he signed a contract with a team who has no established QB since it appears Smith is leaving San Francisco. According to Rotoworld and other sports news sources, Alex Smtith is really pissed off at both the 49ers and his agent and is now on the verge of signing with Miami. Also no way Manning goes to San Francisco and it appears he is heading to Tennessee. Now San Francisco has no QB if Smith pulls the trigger and signs with Miami. Manningham you did not think this through. The money blinded your thought process. Should have stayed home with us for aless or went to St. Louis where they have a very good QB. Instead he goes to a team with no QB to throw to him.</P>

HERE IS THE STORY:</P>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: url(/img/NFL/teams/icons/SF.gif) #a1003e no-repeat left top" class=headline>
<DIV class=player>Report: Alex Smith unhappy with 49ers, agents (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3119/alex-smith) http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NFL/3119.jpg</DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=report>

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.</P></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost as if the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback. </DIV>
<DIV class=info>
<DIV class=source>Source: Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20202530/qb-alex-smith-negotiating-dolphins-throw-manning-waiting)</DIV>
<DIV class=date>Mar 18 - 8:00 PM</DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=contextlinks></DIV>

MikeIsaGiant
03-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Dolphins are dumb too

NYGiantsFan56
03-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Dolphins are dumb too</P>

+1. You got that right</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
peyton manning will be a whiner...

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't sleep on Kaepernick. I think Harbaugh could put him in a manager role, and Kapernick has all the tangibles. Better arm than Smith, and more mobility.

Smith, I just don't think much of him.

NYGiantsFan56
03-18-2012, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't sleep on Kaepernick. I think Harbaugh could put him in a manager role, and Kapernick has all the tangibles. Better arm than Smith, and more mobility. Smith, I just don't think much of him.</P>

Your right. Anyone could develop, but Manningham left a team with an elite QB and two top notch Recievers for a few million more to go to this mess. Makes no sense. His career is going to tailspin while Kaepernick learns the ropes. To bad for Mario. I liked him and now he is walkng into a minefield.</P>

Axels15
03-18-2012, 10:15 PM
If anything, I'd think not having Smith as the QB can only make things better for MM

(If you can't tell, I don't think much of Smith lol)

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't sleep on Kaepernick. I think Harbaugh could put him in a manager role, and Kapernick has all the tangibles. Better arm than Smith, and more mobility. Smith, I just don't think much of him.</P>

Your right. Anyone could develop, but Manningham left a team with an elite QB and two top notch Recievers for a few million more to go to this mess. Makes no sense. His career is going to tailspin while Kaepernick learns the ropes. To bad for Mario. I liked him and now he is walkng into a minefield.</P>It should be interesting to see how this unfolds, but I can see Mario Manningham become more of a consistent deep threat, and with Kaepernick, they will probably develop a more vertical type offense (especially with Moss there as well).

I don't see why Peyton doesn't go to SF other than the NFC part of it. It is a really good fit and that is a stable franchise. Good coach, excellent GM. Their arrow is pointing up, even if they can't duplicate last years win total.

Flip Empty
03-18-2012, 10:23 PM
He got a pay rise. I don't see how that's messing up his career.

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 10:29 PM
You don't always need an elite QB to have good numbers as a receiver.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 10:31 PM
You don't always need an elite QB to have good numbers as a receiver.Yeah but Manningham is no Larry Fitz, Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson.

GMENAGAIN
03-18-2012, 10:34 PM
No way they ever win a SB with Alex Smith at QB, so who cares if he goes??

nhpgiantsfan
03-18-2012, 10:37 PM

Your right. Anyone could develop, but Manningham left a team with an elite QB and two top notch Recievers for a few million more to go to this mess. Makes no sense. His career is going to tailspin while Kaepernick learns the ropes. To bad for Mario. I liked him and now he is walkng into a minefield.</P>

Would you stay at your job if a competitor offer you a few million more? How do you even know what the giants offered him or if they even made him an offer? Where are you coming up with this stuff. Have they even published the numbers of his new contract yet?

TheEnigma
03-18-2012, 10:39 PM
You don't always need an elite QB to have good numbers as a receiver.Yeah but Manningham is no Larry Fitz, Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson.True. Perhaps I should of said he will have around the SAME numbers instead. I mean lets face it. He will never be a #1 receiver throughout the season because of his inconsistent route running and lack of intelligence. He's good at a few routes but isn't the kind of guy like Nicks who can do it all and carry a team.

I think even with a crappy QB that he could still get 500-700 yards a season. I don't think his career will be messed up but it's certainly not going to be better.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 10:50 PM
You don't always need an elite QB to have good numbers as a receiver.Yeah but Manningham is no Larry Fitz, Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson.True. Perhaps I should of said he will have around the SAME numbers instead. I mean lets face it. He will never be a #1 receiver throughout the season because of his inconsistent route running and lack of intelligence. He's good at a few routes but isn't the kind of guy like Nicks who can do it all and carry a team.

I think even with a crappy QB that he could still get 500-700 yards a season. I don't think his career will be messed up but it's certainly not going to be better.Yeah his production to playing time ratio will probably be worse, but his overall production should be around the same.

I was hoping that he'd go to a better passing offense, he could have been a fantasy football stud in the right scheme. Now he is a fringe matchup player.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Would you stay at your job if a competitor offer you a few million more? How do you even know what the giants offered him or if they even made him an offer? Where are you coming up with this stuff. Have they even published the numbers of his new contract yet?Considering I make $8/hr part time, yes, I would leave.

Have you even heard Manningham's contract details yet?

nhpgiantsfan
03-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Would you stay at your job if a competitor offer you a few million more? How do you even know what the giants offered him or if they even made him an offer? Where are you coming up with this stuff. Have they even published the numbers of his new contract yet?Considering I make $8/hr part time, yes, I would leave.

No, that's why I asked if they were published.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 11:17 PM

No, that's why I asked if they were published.Yeah I can't find them anywhere.

Itlan
03-18-2012, 11:31 PM

Have you even heard Manningham's contract details yet?Ask the 49ers for a new contract.

gmen0820
03-18-2012, 11:35 PM

Have you even heard Manningham's contract details yet?Ask the 49ers for a new contract.Yeah I see a real glistening need on their team at 3rd string field goal holder, and I think my skill set fits what they're trying to do.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-19-2012, 12:18 AM
It appears that Mario Manningham probably messed up his career they way things are shaping up in San Francisco. It appears he signed a contract with a team who has no established QB since it appears Smith is leaving San Francisco. According to Rotoworld and other sports news sources, Alex Smtith is really pissed off at both the 49ers and his agent and is now on the verge of signing with Miami. Also no way Manning goes to San Francisco and it appears he is heading to Tennessee. Now San Francisco has no QB if* Smith pulls the trigger and signs with Miami. Manningham you did not think this through. The money blinded your thought process. Should have stayed home with us for a*less or went to St. Louis where they have a very good QB. Instead he goes to a team with no QB to throw to him.</P>

<DIV style="BACKGROUND: url(/img/NFL/teams/icons/SF.gif) #a1003e no-repeat left top" class=headline>
<DIV class=player>Report: Alex Smith unhappy with 49ers, agents (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3119/alex-smith) http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NFL/3119.jpg</DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=report>

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.</P></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost as if the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback. </DIV>
<DIV class=info>
<DIV class=source>Source: Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20202530/qb-alex-smith-negotiating-dolphins-throw-manning-waiting)</DIV>
<DIV class=contextlinks>*</DIV>

Take this "article" with a grain of salt.

1. It's a blog, which is the equivalent of one of us message boarders taking one of our posts with our opinion and putting it on a site. This writer sites nothing, hasn't spoken to anyone with anything to do with Manning or Smiths' decision. All he knows is what the rest of us public knows.

2. He makes a HUGE assumption that SF has no shot at Manning, when they've probably got a very good shot since a vet late in his career will look more closely at the teams' components than a 1st time FA who's looking for his first big payday. And SF definitly has the best components out of the current suitors.

3. He makes another assumption that Smith is going to MIA, when in all likehood Smith goes back to SF if they dont land manning.

4. It's only a TWO YEAR DEAL! MM will have another shot at FA in his prime after this deal, and just in time for the salary cap raise too. Barring a career threatening injury, he stands to make a HUGE amount of money in FA that year when there will likely be less FA WRs' to compete with (like he had this year) AND teams will have more money to throw around.

In other words, IMHO this BLOGGER doesn't know what he's talking about.

gmen46
03-19-2012, 12:44 AM
It appears that Mario Manningham probably messed up his career they way things are shaping up in San Francisco. It appears he signed a contract with a team who has no established QB since it appears Smith is leaving San Francisco. According to Rotoworld and other sports news sources, Alex Smtith is really pissed off at both the 49ers and his agent and is now on the verge of signing with Miami. Also no way Manning goes to San Francisco and it appears he is heading to Tennessee. Now San Francisco has no QB if* Smith pulls the trigger and signs with Miami. Manningham you did not think this through. The money blinded your thought process. Should have stayed home with us for a*less or went to St. Louis where they have a very good QB. Instead he goes to a team with no QB to throw to him.</P>

<DIV class=report>

<DIV class=info>

Take this "article" with a grain of salt.

1. It's a blog, which is the equivalent of one of us message boarders taking one of our posts with our opinion and putting it on a site. This writer sites nothing, hasn't spoken to anyone with anything to do with Manning or Smiths' decision. All he knows is what the rest of us public knows.

2. He makes a HUGE assumption that SF has no shot at Manning, when they've probably got a very good shot since a vet late in his career will look more closely at the teams' components than a 1st time FA who's looking for his first big payday. And SF definitly has the best components out of the current suitors.

3. He makes another assumption that Smith is going to MIA, when in all likehood Smith goes back to SF if they dont land manning.

4. It's only a TWO YEAR DEAL! MM will have another shot at FA in his prime after this deal, and just in time for the salary cap raise too. Barring a career threatening injury, he stands to make a HUGE amount of money in FA that year when there will likely be less FA WRs' to compete with (like he had this year) AND teams will have more money to throw around.

In other words, IMHO this BLOGGER doesn't know what he's talking about.

Another missing piece of the story to date, is Smith's agent, who is Peyton's agent.

Apparently SF offered a "good" contract to Smith 2-3 weeks ago, and he (with his agent) refused to sign it so far.

That lack of signing then left the door open for SF to aggressively pursue Peyton, thus leaving Smith with the POSSIBILITY of having no future with SF. That's why he's pissed at his agent (another article earlier today referred to Smith looking for another agent) as well as at SF.

A situation not handled well by SF, since it is at least very possible, as of this hour, they will have neither Peyton or Smith. Not the ideal way to try to follow up the 2011 season with expectations of taking the next step forward.

The only thing in SF's favor, at this particular time is they are in the NFC West.

buffyblue
03-19-2012, 01:50 AM
I don’t think Mario Manningham messed up his career at all. He wanted more money as well a sbeing on a team where he would have a bigge rrole and he has accomplished both.

I don’t think that Alex Smith is a “borderline starter.” The guy is a very good QB. I do think that he will not sign with San Francisco is they do not get Peyton Manning. Also I think they have a very good chance at signing Peyton Manning. At this point of his carreer he is probably going to the team with the best chance at making the SuperBowl and of all the teams interested in him, San Francisco is the front runner. Heck, if Peyton Manning goes to San Francisco and is Peyton Manning again then they are the odds on favorite in my opinion to go to the SuperBowl from NFC.

PRFan
03-19-2012, 03:23 AM
He got a pay rise. I don't see how that's messing up his career.
THIS, he went for the $$ and who can blame him. If he doesn't pan out with another QB so be it.

bLuereverie
03-19-2012, 08:50 AM
It's funny, every time I see a title of a thread in all caps, I automatically click it assuming it's a Roanoke article.