PDA

View Full Version : Phillips thinks he can play Sunday

Nyflava4ya420
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/index.html

Safety

<nobr><span>Kenny Phillips</span>http://www.giants.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.giants.com/team/roster/kenny-phillips/1f7554cd-a355-45ee-9680-905a89b23b25/)</nobr>
also missed practice because of a sprained knee suffered against the
Packers, but he believes he has a good chance to be on the field in
Cowboys Stadium.

“Honestly, I really do,” Phillips said.
“Like I said, I haven’t been told otherwise, so until they tell me, I’m
practicing and preparing like I’m going to play.”

Phillips said he tested the knee by doing some work on the sideline as the team practiced.

“It felt pretty good,” he said. “Nothing is torn, which is a great thing, so just like I say, (it’s) kind of day-to-day.”

Although he’s trying to stay positive, Phillips knows exactly how he’ll feel if he has to miss the showdown with Dallas.

“The
frustration will set in, because I definitely want to be out there,”
Phillips said. “Especially because this time of the season is when you
play important games. I just want to be a part of it. No one ever wants
to miss a game. I definitely don’t.”

</p>

Itlan
12-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Despite what people may think, he's the most important part to our defense given the injuries to the LBs and CBs. Period.

MikeIsaGiant
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Get in there Phillips, just play 1 more game and we can rest you during the Redskins game

Giant stuck in Texas
12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/index.html

Safety

<nobr><span>Kenny Phillips</span>http://www.giants.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.giants.com/team/roster/kenny-phillips/1f7554cd-a355-45ee-9680-905a89b23b25/)</nobr>
also missed practice because of a sprained knee suffered against the
Packers, but he believes he has a good chance to be on the field in
Cowboys Stadium.

“Honestly, I really do,” Phillips said.
“Like I said, I haven’t been told otherwise, so until they tell me, I’m
practicing and preparing like I’m going to play.”

Phillips said he tested the knee by doing some work on the sideline as the team practiced.

“It felt pretty good,” he said. “Nothing is torn, which is a great thing, so just like I say, (it’s) kind of day-to-day.”

Although he’s trying to stay positive, Phillips knows exactly how he’ll feel if he has to miss the showdown with Dallas.

“The
frustration will set in, because I definitely want to be out there,”
Phillips said. <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);">"<font size="5">Especially because this time of the season is when you play important games.</font></span> I just want to be a part of it. No one ever wants
to miss a game. I definitely don’t.”

</p>
That part is a little unnerving, especially if all the players on the team think the same way, which might explain the inconsistency throughout the season.

Every game should be just as important as the next, not just the ones you NEED to win at the last minute.

titwio
12-07-2011, 08:08 PM
This is some good news. Don't know that he'll play but the fact that he can work on it (knee) and is thinking about practicing is pretty encouraging to hear.

rebelfan1966
12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I hope he plays.....

Just imagine how different our season might have been if T.T. and Prince did not get injured this season. I know Prince is back, but he is learning on the fly.

Just for once, I would love to get through an entire season without so many key injuries.

G4L
12-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Did he sprain the surgically repaired knee?</P>

GiantFanatic55
12-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Did he sprain the surgically repaired knee?</p>

I was wondering the same thing

egyptian420
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I don't think he will play but this is a great sign. I thought he would probably miss the rest of the season. If its as good as he says it is hopefully he'll only miss 1-2 games.

juice33s
12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Lets all be honest here, KP is very replaceable and its my belief that Sash's fire and intensity alone will make the Giants D better.

Sidenote: Its been 3 years and the guy still hasn't made an INT that a high school JV player couldn't make

nihan87
12-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Lets all be honest here, KP is very replaceable and its my belief that Sash's fire and intensity alone will make the Giants D better.

Sidenote: Its been 3 years and the guy still hasn't made an INT that a high school JV player couldn't make
</P>

</P>

Run stop</P>

Raptor22
12-08-2011, 12:22 PM

KP has been one of the best safeties in the league this year.

Its not about the eye-popping OH MAH GAWD! plays, but steady, dependable, high-level play.

juice33s
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Its not about the eye-popping OH MAH GAWD! plays, but steady, dependable, high-level play.

According to who?....The only thing he's been steady and dependable for is consistently giving up 15-20 yard plays in front of him while being two steps late to either make a play on the ball or a hit to break it up.

GMENAGAIN
12-08-2011, 03:27 PM

</P>

Eh, huh? He has been average at best this year . . . ..</P>

Joe Morrison
12-08-2011, 04:06 PM

</P>

</P>

There's a reason Sash is not starting, doesn't look like he has a grasp on the system.</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-08-2011, 04:36 PM

</P>

</P>

There's a reason Sash is not starting, doesn't look like he has a grasp on the system.</P>

</P>

You may be right . . . . but that doesn't mean that KP is playing well</P>

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
29th Defense in the NFL.....outside of a couple guys, this defense is FUBAR.