PDA

View Full Version : Any Professional Opinions on who we'll get in the first round?

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
03-19-2012, 08:31 AM
I've looked an all I see are opinions, which are fine..but I've never seen us pick someone that the boards have been high on. So Im wondering if there's any professional mock drafts that you guys are sold on. I mean, its obvious the two first rounders are going to said teams. But are their any rumors as to what position we might even be looking at? I have a feel that it'll be defensive, no doubt.

egyptian420
03-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Honestly....the opinions on here are probably more or less accurate than the "professional" opinions.

No one but Reese and his scouts know what we'll do on draft day. That being said, if there is someone who atleast has any idea of the Giants' current news and offseason additions, it's the people on here, so if anyone has any sort of idea, it's probably us.

I doubt people like Brian Billick or Charles Davis are as up to date with our day to day operations as much as we are, I'd be surprised if they had any clue about who Joel Reinders is lol

Kruunch
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I think with the signing of Bennett (even for just a year) pretty much eliminates us taking a TE in the first.

They might break the mold and go with RB in the first considering our need at the position.

egyptian420
03-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I think with the signing of Bennett (even for just a year) pretty much eliminates us taking a TE in the first.

They might break the mold and go with RB in the first considering our need at the position.
I agree about us not taking a TE in the first round, although I feel like we'll target OL....we'll see though, it's almost impossible to predict what Reese will do with what's left on the board.

I can't wait for this thing

BluGiantPies
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Honestly....the opinions on here are probably more or less accurate than the "professional" opinions.

No one but Reese and his scouts know what we'll do on draft day. That being said, if there is someone who atleast has any idea of the Giants' current news and offseason additions, it's the people on here, so if anyone has any sort of idea, it's probably us.

I doubt people like Brian Billick or Charles Davis are as up to date with our day to day operations as much as we are, I'd be surprised if they had any clue about who Joel Reinders is lol
lol when I saw we picked him up I YouTubed him he's got some Canadian
trading video. Dude looks like a beast. But on his Canadian football combine video he got owned by just about every guy he faced in the drill.

Spizi
03-19-2012, 11:39 AM

Exactly lol. The "experts" can't know as much about all 32 teams as we know about our one team.

Neverend
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
No idea.

Some people in this board are convinced the giants are very likely to take an offensive tackle early. Chances are, they probably won't

Kruunch
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM

I agree about us not taking a TE in the first round, although I feel like we'll target OL....we'll see though, it's almost impossible to predict what Reese will do with what's left on the board.

I can't wait for this thing

Yeah I would think Oline has to be the predominant favorite for a first round pick.

The problem is that people aren't very high on those guys expected to be available at the end of the first (which is why you're seeing Oline in the second round on a lot of mocks).

I could see (barring a top 25 pick falling to us) picking up one of the following:

1) Mark Barron (SS)
2) Stephen Hill (WR)
3) David Wilson (RB)
4) Kendal Reyes (DT)
5) Mike Adams (OT)

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Silatolu.

titwio
03-20-2012, 09:46 AM
In my professional opinion...I haven't a damn clue who they're going to take. I know who I'd like them to take but when draft time rolls around, teams are going to be trading, wheeling and dealing and chances are players are going to slip further down so...you never know who'll end up being available when the Giants pick .

I have a feeling Giants are going to be pleasantly surprised with who's available at 32...In my expert professional opinion of course ;)

PIERCEnumber58rules
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
All I know is Reese will take the best player available. I don't see us going OL for that reason. Value will not be there. Same goes for TE. We'll get better value at those positions in the second round. My gut tells me we'll go defense, but I wouldn't be shocked if this year we go RB or WR. It really all depends on what the other 31 teams ahead of us do. JR's draft board is fluid, and he won't sacrifice value for need. I'm sold on his drafting philosophy.

Shockeyitus
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
In my "joe bum" opinion...

DT - Devon Still

WR - Michael Floyd

CB - Janoris Jenkins

LB - Donta Hightower.