PDA

View Full Version : Can Victor Cruz break Amani Toomers Rec Yds Record???

GIANTS740ilbmw
12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
How many yards do he need to break the record?
I think it's a little over 300 yds
What a diamond in the ruff Jerry Reese discovered!!!
Here hoping he does it ... LET's GOOOOOO Victor Cruz!!!!!

titwio
12-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Cruz needs 268 yards.

Safe to say he should break it easily.

Tommy_Ribs
12-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I think he will break it.

A buddy of mine who is a Cowboys fan was telling me today he thinks Cruz is a Pro Bowl Caliber player.

I love Cruz, he is my favorite player on the team.

Spizi
12-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I honestly can see him getting 1400 yards. If he has a big game against the Jets I guarantee he breaks the record.

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I think he will break it.

A buddy of mine who is a Cowboys fan was telling me today he thinks Cruz is a Pro Bowl Caliber player.

I love Cruz, he is my favorite player on the team.
Eli, Cruz, and JPP. Great Trifecta. The latter two will make things exciting for us in the future since they are still learning & improving. (Scary thought)

egyptian420
12-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I honestly can see him getting 1400 yards. If he has a big game against the Jets I guarantee he breaks the record.
You think they'll put Revis on him or Nicks? I know they'll mix coverages between Cromarite and Revis, but who do you think Revis will cover most of the time?

Tuckit91
12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Nicks and Cruz are going to be a great pair for Eli for a long time if we can keep both of them.

ny06
12-07-2011, 10:32 PM
You think they'll put Revis on him or Nicks? I know they'll mix coverages between Cromarite and Revis, but who do you think Revis will cover most of the time?
</P>

Revis will be on Nicks all game. Bank it.</P>

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I think they play Revis to one side, could be wrong. But either way will be a great matchup to watch.

Nicks might be better off vs Revis based on his size, experience and route running. But

Cruz is shifty. Problem is if Cruz makes a mistake, that could cost us big if he has a slip up vs Revis. Luckily it seems Eli & Cruz are really starting to work well together & Cruz is making fewer beginners mistakes as the season progresses.

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Imagine this guys.... If Cruz started as the week 1 starter. Curious at what his numbers would have been. Guess you can average that out at the end of the season to get an idea.

Funny Swartz was saying early on in the season how Cruz was lucky he made the team because of how bad he did in pre-season, and that he was supposedly close to being let go (or maybe just his assumption)

egyptian420
12-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I think they play Revis to one side, could be wrong. But either way will be a great matchup to watch.

Nicks might be better off vs Revis based on his size, experience and route running. But

Cruz is shifty. Problem is if Cruz makes a mistake, that could cost us big if he has a slip up vs Revis. Luckily it seems Eli &amp; Cruz are really starting to work well together &amp; Cruz is making fewer beginners mistakes as the season progresses.
Lol more like if Eli makes a mistake....Cromartie, Revis, Eric Smith...all those guys are ball hawks if a pass is badly thrown. But 1v1, I think Cruz beats Cromartie. Like you said though, I hope Cruz takes care of the ball and doesn't fumble it or tip it.

shotcalla39
12-07-2011, 11:14 PM
</P>

Yea people are forgetting the majority of this year nicks was getting doubled and Cruz tot the easier matchups... Both are pro bowl caliber players

shotcalla39
12-07-2011, 11:14 PM
</P>

Yea people are forgetting the majority of this year nicks was getting doubled and Cruz tot the easier matchups... Both are pro bowl caliber players

FDNY Fitzy
12-08-2011, 12:36 AM
I had no idea he was so close. I knew he was having a good season but amazing. You get the feeling that this team is going to look elsewhere with the money instead of re-signing Manningham.

myles2424
12-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Nicks and Cruz are going to be a great pair for Eli for a long time if we can keep both of them. I agree, it's the 3rd spot that bothers me....what happens if we lose manningham.....3 quality wrs is a must nowadays

GiantWarfare
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
And to think VC didnt even start the first 3 games. Amazing.

Anyhow, yea he def has a good chance of breaking the record....

BBlueSince82
12-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Nicks and Cruz are going to be a great pair for Eli for a long time if we can keep both of them.

We BETTER keep both of them!! I know in this era of FA and salary caps and everything its hard to keep the same players, but these two are REALLY in sync with Eli and will only continue to develop rhythym with him, Gotta keep these guys!!

My only gripe with Nicks is he is VERY injury prone, do not like to see that, and we definitely need a 3rd reliable receiver as well. MM probably gone, we"ll have to see who develops/drafted.

shotcalla39
12-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Nicks and Cruz are going to be a great pair for Eli for a long time if we can keep both of them. I agree, it's the 3rd spot that bothers me....what happens if we lose manningham.....3 quality wrs is a must nowadays

Somebody else will step up... It's no coincidence that Coughlin was a former WR coach and we keep finding quality players at the position it seems year after yearn.. Barden has actually Done a little this year

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 05:51 AM

Cruz only started 3 games actually but in truth he has only started to get action around the 4th week.

He didn't have a catch in week 1. The 2nd week is when he finally got a reception and the 4th week is when he hit 6 receptions and has been ave. about 6 a game.

Not to shabby!

RobCarpenter
12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Eli, Cruz, and JPP. Great Trifecta. The latter two will make things exciting for us in the future since they are still learning &amp; improving. (Scary thought)</P>

Agree. I'd add Nicks in there too. </P>

</P>

Spizi
12-08-2011, 09:25 PM

Revis will most definitely be on Nicks. At least that's what I'd do if I were the Jets. Nicks is our best WR and a top 10 WR in the NFL.

BlueSanta
12-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Here is a funny thought: Cruz wasnt even slated to be a starter, only the injury to Hixon put him in position to do what he has done.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but this seems to happen to TC a lot. A guy gets injured and his replacement turns out to be a guy who should have never been on the bench. The Giants offense became much less mistake prone once Shockey was injured in 2007 and Boss stepped in. Last year, our run game improved quite a bit when O'Hara sat injured. This year Hixon was our 3rd WR when he was injured, how Cruz steps in and is having 1 of the best years ever for a WR in blue. I have to wonder if TC is really giving youngsters a fair chance to get on the field or if he is being a little to loyal to his vets. Remember, that was his downfall in Jacksonville.

hungrrrry
12-09-2011, 09:06 AM
I think I would be surprised if Cruz doesn't get enough yards against just the Cowboys to beat Toomers record!..nevermind the yards he should get against Washington...the Jets could be ripe for exploitation unless Revis can can divide like a cell and replicate tocover him and Nicks...not to forget we still have Manningham (tentatively - unless he tweaks an eyelid or something), Ballard and our new weapon...travis beckum (ok - just kidding about that one)! Barden seems to come through in some clutch moments as well but doesn't get much playing time.

Mod_C
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM

Cruz only started 3 games actually but in truth he has only started to get action around the 4th week.

He didn't have a catch in week 1. The 2nd week is when he finally got a reception and the 4th week is when he hit 6 receptions and has been ave. about 6 a game.

Not to shabby!

Up to now, Cruz starts only when Nicks or Manningham can't. It really is an impressive record and I suspect he will break Toomer's mark.

Raptor22
12-09-2011, 10:42 AM

He should. All he needs is about 75yrds per game for the rest of the season.

More to the point, why aren't more people talking about the fact that Eli is less than 270yrds away from breaking 4000 for the 3rd consecutive season? Eli will be responsible for 60% of all Giants 4000yrd seasons by the end of the year.

RoanokeFan
12-09-2011, 10:47 AM

More to the point, why aren't more people talking about the fact that Eli is less than 270yrds away from breaking 4000 for the 3rd consecutive season? Eli will be responsible for 60% of all Giants 4000yrd seasons by the end of the year.

What better place to go over 4,000 than Jerry Jones' Palace? [;)]

fletch842
12-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I really like what I've seen from Cruz so far. He's improved each and every week, evidence of good work ethic, and seems like a good kid in interviews.

Me thinks he's going to be a bonefide starter next season, regardless of Manningham's signing status. He and Nicks really present some match-up problems for other teams.

RoanokeFan
12-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I really like what I've seen from Cruz so far. He's improved each and every week, evidence of good work ethic, and seems like a good kid in interviews.

Me thinks he's going to be a bonefide starter next season, regardless of Manningham's signing status. He and Nicks really present some match-up problems for other teams.

Having Cruz certainly will make keeping Manningham less of a "must do" for Reese.

Raptor22
12-09-2011, 12:12 PM

What better place to go over 4,000 than Jerry Jones' Palace? [;)]

I agree with this... however, I wouldn't be heartbroken if Eli ends the game 3999 and a Giants victory

(that being said, I'd love him to just go wild and throw for 500 and 6 TD's)

titwio
12-09-2011, 12:19 PM

What better place to go over 4,000 than Jerry Jones' Palace?* [;)]

I agree with this... however, I wouldn't be heartbroken if Eli ends the game 3999 and a Giants victory

(that being said, I'd love him to just go wild and throw for 500 and 6 TD's)

(Don't forget the 76.2 comp.% with 0 int's)

GIANTS740ilbmw
12-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I would trash all of those wonderful stats
I would be overjoyed with:
1 yd rushing
1 yd passing
2-0 win over dallas

giantsfan39
12-09-2011, 08:49 PM
The question we should be asking is in what game will Victor Cruz break Jerry Rice's record in 2012?

Just kidding.

giantsfan39
12-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I would trash all of those wonderful stats
I would be overjoyed with:
1 yd rushing
1 yd passing
2-0 win over dallas

I am still dreaming of the day the Giants win a game 2-0 with the only points being scored coming from a JPP safety.

GIANTS740ilbmw
12-10-2011, 09:07 PM
We need over 100 yds from Victor 2morra nite!
If the cowpukes was his fav team growin up, show them what they are missin by not acquiring his services!
BTW, I wanna salsa dance all nite! ;o)

BigBlue wins
12-10-2011, 10:43 PM
We need over 100 yds from Victor 2morra nite!
If the cowpukes was his fav team growin up, show them what they are missin by not acquiring his services!
BTW, I wanna salsa dance all nite! ;o)

That's like saying tomorrow will be sunday, lol

You know he'll make over 100 between him and Nicks.