PDA

View Full Version : mario must feel dumb

jppmvp90
03-19-2012, 12:21 PM
dude must have thought manning was going to sf. now he has no qb. looks like another steve smith situation

I Bleed Blue
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
dude must have thought manning was going to sf. now he has no qb. looks like another steve smith situation

Just curious, why should he feel dumb? He wanted more money and more touches. He has every right to do that. Why all this hate towards a guy that was never a problem for us? These Mario posts are getting dumber and dumber. Let it go, he's gone.

GameTime
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
he didnt know either way about Peyton. He figured he was going to a 13-3 team with an awesome defense.A QB who seemed to prove himself last year and an offense in need of WRs. A team witha very good HC and front O with some high hopes in their division. And how is even remotely like the Steve Smith situation??/</P>

</P>

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't see it that way. If anything Mario still is going to have to fight for playing time vs. Crabtree and Moss. Other than that I don't see this like a bad move on Rios part.

TuckYou
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
he didnt know either way about Peyton. He figured he was going to a 13-3 team with an awesome defense.A QB who seemed to prove himself last year and an offense in need of WRs. A team witha very good HC and front O with some high hopes in their division. And how is even remotely like the Steve Smith situation??/</P>

</P>

</P>

That QB is on his way to Miami... I guess they are leaning towards Kaepernick now. </P>

GameTime
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM

</P>

</P>

That QB is on his way to Miami... I guess they are leaning towards Kaepernick now. </P>

</P>

yeah...he is working out for them. He is prob pissed that the Niners went after Peyton. </P>

But Manningham decision was not dumb and that was the OPs point of the thread. </P>

Smith could still wind up back in Frisco...</P>

</P>

LT_was_good
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Not sure why people feel the need to "stick it" to Mario. Smith I could understand because he went to the Eagles, so even though I understood why he did it, I was mad at him. But Mario? He made huge clutch plays for the team, then went to a team that could afford to play more. Not sure why there's so much animosity.

Joe Morrison
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Dumb is stupid dissapointed is more like it, now does Alex sign with the Dolphins?</P>

ny06
03-19-2012, 12:54 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>I feel a little dumb after listening to Manningham speak in front of a microphone...</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>But in regards to Manningham; he should get the opportunity to be a #1 receiver in San Fran. I feel that's what he wanted the day he became a free agent. </FONT></P>

fansince69
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
He has been "dumb" since birth,,,,,,going to the 49ers did not change that.He got what he wanted...that is not dumb.

Kingb50
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Just curious, why should he feel dumb? He wanted more money and more touches. He has every right to do that. Why all this hate towards a guy that was never a problem for us? These Mario posts are getting dumber and dumber. Let it go, he's gone.
+1

Harlem2va
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
The Steve Smith situation was different; Smith was hurt and we offered him a contract. Mario was not offered a contract; also Mario wanted a chance to be a #1 or #2 receiver. Smith was our #2 receiver so it was his job to lose, Mario know at best he would be the 3rd options.

I Bleed Blue
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
He has been "dumb" since birth,,,,,,going to the 49ers did not change that.He got what he wanted...that is not dumb.

No, but calling him dumb since birth is dumb. what the hell is wrong with some of you? You do not know this man personally. And chill out with calling black athletes dumb. Even if you feel that way, it doesn't need to be consistently stated. It's starting to get offensive.

MikeIsaGiant
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM

No, but calling him dumb since birth is dumb. what the hell is wrong with some of you? You do not know this man personally. And chill out with calling black athletes dumb. Even if you feel that way, it doesn't need to be consistently stated. It's starting to get offensive.

He didn't state he's dumb because he's black.

I know a lot of people that say Eli looks dumb

RoanokeFan
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM

He went to a team that offered him the best contract he could get, what's dumb about that? He's not a superstar, he's a good receiver and who says it had anything to do with Peyton Manning?

TroyArcher
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
No, but calling him dumb since birth is dumb. what the hell is wrong with some of you? You do not know this man personally. And chill out with calling black athletes dumb. Even if you feel that way, it doesn't need to be consistently stated. It's starting to get offensive.</P>

</P>

Pulling out the race card is Dumb. Manningham has always come across as not such a bright guy regardless of his skin color. He has very good talent and helped the Giants win another SB so God bless him. </P>

giantsforce
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Just curious, why should he feel dumb? He wanted more money and more touches. He has every right to do that. Why all this hate towards a guy that was never a problem for us? These Mario posts are getting dumber and dumber. Let it go, he's gone.He should feel dumb because he said that there are other great QB's like Eli. So if he meant the 49ers QBs, then he is dumb. Again, I never thought he was the sharpest tool in the box and he proved it. I do not blame him for wanting more money. Who doesn't? But making stupid statements on the way out, is certainly not a smart thing to do.

I Bleed Blue
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM

Nice try, but not the same buddy. Every time a persons IQ is questioned on this board, it always, I repeat, always includes a black player. Saying someone looks dumb, and actually calling someone dumb is 2 different things.

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
</P>

Nonsense. He will be a nice contributor in SF. Good move by Manningham.</P>

ashaddyt2269
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
No one said black athletes are dumb, they said Mario is dumb and if you ever heard him speak or looked at what all the scouts said about him coming out of college. He is not dumb just slow, so take your crying and get. Nuf Said....../

Redeyejedi
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
</P>

Nonsense.* He will be a nice contributor in SF.* Good move by Manningham.</P>+1, dont understand why everyone feels they need to cut the guy down.He helped the Giants win the Super Bowl.Giants didnt have cap room to keep him.As long as its not against the Giants I hope he does well

PRFan
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
When he signed, Peyton wasn't even in the picture.

buddy33
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah he must feel really dumb making so much money.

The Giants could not afford him and he went to a team that went to over time in the NFC Championship game last year.

MikeIsaGiant
03-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Nice try, but not the same buddy. Every time a persons IQ is questioned on this board, it always, I repeat, always includes a black player. Saying someone looks dumb, and actually calling someone dumb is 2 different things.

1ST let me explain that I am in no way a bigot. Just getting that out there.

2ND , most of football players are black, so what's you're point?

He pointed out a specific player, not a specific race.

Please stop making assumptions that people are racist because he pointed out that a football player is dumb.

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 02:07 PM
he didnt know either way about Peyton. He figured he was going to a 13-3 team with an awesome defense.A QB who seemed to prove himself last year and an offense in need of WRs. A team witha very good HC and front O with some high hopes in their division. And how is even remotely like the Steve Smith situation??/</p>

</p>

</p>

That QB is on his way to Miami... I guess they are leaning towards Kaepernick now. </p>

Smith said he'd sign with Miami if SF wouldn't resign him. Now that PEyton is a Bronco, SF will resign him...

Alex Smith will be his WR

fansince69
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Please stop making assumptions that people are racist because he pointed out that a football player is dumb.

Exactly...thank you to those of us that UNDERSTAND that MANNINGHAM has been repeatedly known as a player that is to dumb to grasp the playbook...this has NOTHING to do with color...GROW up and please get to this century...I do not have a racist bone in my body.This was directed to one player who is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.If that offends some of you...my apologies...But I still stand by what I said as a joke...sorry if you didn't get it.

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM

your really trying to make something out of nothing

the guy had like an all-time low on the wonderlic - it has nothing to do with race...

fansince69
03-19-2012, 02:13 PM

the guy had like an all-time low on the wonderlic - it has nothing to do with race...

Thank you MATT...this was exactly the point I was making...To be honest his color/race never even crossed my mind till someone opened a can of worms that should have remained closed.

bubblesmcgee
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
WOW. That was incredible. How do you attempt to make that racial

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 02:18 PM
No, but calling him dumb since birth is dumb. what the hell is wrong with some of you? You do not know this man personally. And chill out with calling black athletes dumb. Even if you feel that way, it doesn't need to be consistently stated. It's starting to get offensive. He didn't state he's dumb because he's black. I know a lot of people that say Eli looks dumb Nice try, but not the same buddy. Every time a persons IQ is questioned on this board, it always, I repeat, always includes a black player. Saying someone looks dumb, and actually calling someone dumb is 2 different things.

</P>

The whole "Manningham is as dumb as a post" thing is unoriginal, boring and getting quite cliche. The guy is a solid football player and was very productive for us. I have no doubt that he willdo very wellin SF.</P>

Don't forget that Dan Marino did very poorly in the Wonderlic test. You have to wonder if MM even took it seriously.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-19-2012, 02:19 PM

Exactly...thank you to those of us that UNDERSTAND that MANNINGHAM has been repeatedly known as a player that is to dumb to grasp the playbook...this has NOTHING to do with color...GROW up and please get to this century...I do not have a racist bone in my body.This was directed to one player who is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.If that offends some of you...my apologies...But I still stand by what I said as a joke...sorry if you didn't get it.

You shouldn't have to apologize to anyone.

Nothing you said was targeted to any race

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
No, but calling him dumb since birth is dumb. what the hell is wrong with some of you? You do not know this man personally. And chill out with calling black athletes dumb. Even if you feel that way, it doesn't need to be consistently stated. It's starting to get offensive. He didn't state he's dumb because he's black. I know a lot of people that say Eli looks dumb Nice try, but not the same buddy. Every time a persons IQ is questioned on this board, it always, I repeat, always includes a black player. Saying someone looks dumb, and actually calling someone dumb is 2 different things. 1ST let me explain that I am in no way a bigot. Just getting that out there. 2ND , most of football players are black, so what's you're point? He pointed out a specific player, not a specific race. Please stop making assumptions that people are racist because he pointed out that a football player is dumb.

</P>

Thats a load of crap about Manningham and the playbook. the only place that anyone ever claimed MM is dumb was right here on the Giants MB. Its an absolute myth.</P>

The Giants have a tremendously difficult system for WR's and the guy was very productive.</P>

fansince69
03-19-2012, 02:27 PM
No, but calling him dumb since birth is dumb. what the hell is wrong with some of you? You do not know this man personally. And chill out with calling black athletes dumb. Even if you feel that way, it doesn't need to be consistently stated. It's starting to get offensive. He didn't state he's dumb because he's black. I know a lot of people that say Eli looks dumb Nice try, but not the same buddy. Every time a persons IQ is questioned on this board, it always, I repeat, always includes a black player. Saying someone looks dumb, and actually calling someone dumb is 2 different things. 1ST let me explain that I am in no way a bigot. Just getting that out there. 2ND , most of football players are black, so what's you're point? He pointed out a specific player, not a specific race. Please stop making assumptions that people are racist because he pointed out that a football player is dumb.

</p>

Thats a load of crap about Manningham and the playbook. the only place that anyone ever claimed MM is dumb was right here on the Giants MB. Its an absolute myth.</p>

The Giants have a tremendously difficult system for WR's and the guy was very productive.</p>
Sorry moorehead I agree and disagree.....he was productive at times,,,but I also saw him do some things like run himself out of bounds(not leaving enough room to make catch) repeatedly which always made me wonder just how quickly he catches on.

Flip Empty
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
This thread is the only "dumb" thing around here.

Manningham made the right choice for his career. He was a great Giant and will be a great 49er. No need for bitterness.

EJ Blue
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Just curious, why should he feel dumb? He wanted more money and more touches. He has every right to do that. Why all this hate towards a guy that was never a problem for us? These Mario posts are getting dumber and dumber. Let it go, he's gone.because there's a lot of idiots here who'd rather blame the player for not coming back, than the incompetent front office that weren't prepared to sign the player back.

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
No, but calling him dumb since birth is dumb. what the hell is wrong with some of you? You do not know this man personally. And chill out with calling black athletes dumb. Even if you feel that way, it doesn't need to be consistently stated. It's starting to get offensive. He didn't state he's dumb because he's black. I know a lot of people that say Eli looks dumb Nice try, but not the same buddy. Every time a persons IQ is questioned on this board, it always, I repeat, always includes a black player. Saying someone looks dumb, and actually calling someone dumb is 2 different things.

</p>

The whole "Manningham is as dumb as a post" thing is unoriginal, boring and getting quite cliche. The guy is a solid football player and was very productive for us. I have no doubt that he willdo very wellin SF.</p>

Don't forget that Dan Marino did very poorly in the Wonderlic test. You have to wonder if MM even took it seriously.</p>

listen theres no doubt that Mario isn't exactly polished academically. So to suggest that somebody is saying that because he is black is just somebody trying to make something out of nothing.

But last time I checked, you don't need to be a scientist to play the game of football. The knocks on Mario not knowing the playbook and bla bla bla is just a message board saying that carried over and people picked up on. It was more of a ridiculous knock than trying to turn the comment "Mario isn't booksmark" into some kind of racial slur.

jhamburg
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
He might feel a little dumb but it's probably nothing compared to the time he scored 6 out of 50 on an intelligence test though

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 02:35 PM

</p>

Thats a load of crap about Manningham and the playbook. the only place that anyone ever claimed MM is dumb was right here on the Giants MB. Its an absolute myth.</p>

The Giants have a tremendously difficult system for WR's and the guy was very productive.</p>
Sorry moorehead I agree and disagree.....he was productive at times,,,but I also saw him do some things like run himself out of bounds(not leaving enough room to make catch) repeatedly which always made me wonder just how quickly he catches on.

There was alot more production than lapses like that.

Again, those knocks are pretty ridic.

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM

Just curious, why should he feel dumb? He wanted more money and more touches. He has every right to do that. Why all this hate towards a guy that was never a problem for us? These Mario posts are getting dumber and dumber. Let it go, he's gone.because there's a lot of idiots here who'd rather blame the player for not coming back, than the incompetent front office that weren't prepared to sign the player back.

honestly, that may be the most ignorant comment in the thread lol

GMENAGAIN
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Just curious, why should he feel dumb? He wanted more money and more touches. He has every right to do that. Why all this hate towards a guy that was never a problem for us? These Mario posts are getting dumber and dumber. Let it go, he's gone.</P>

+1</P>

This thread makes no sense at all. </P>

Flip Empty
03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Man I hope he carves up next season.

EJ Blue
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM

so be it

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 02:44 PM

</P>

The whole "Manningham is as dumb as a post" thing is unoriginal, boring and getting quite cliche. The guy is a solid football player and was very productive for us. I have no doubt that he willdo very wellin SF.</P>

Don't forget that Dan Marino did very poorly in the Wonderlic test. You have to wonder if MM even took it seriously.</P>

listen theres no doubt that Mario isn't exactly polished academically. So to suggest that somebody is saying that because he is black is just somebody trying to make something out of nothing.

But last time I checked, you don't need to be a scientist to play the game of football. The knocks on Mario not knowing the playbook and bla bla bla is just a message board saying that carried over and people picked up on. It was more of a ridiculous knock than trying to turn the comment "Mario isn't booksmark" into some kind of racial slur.
</P>

The racist accusation was so rediculous that I chose not to even comment on it. I'm only talking about the myth that MM is some kind of dolt who can't even understand the playbook.</P>

For all we know he was half asleep during the several minutes of his life that he took the test in. To conclude that he is stupid because he was a no show on that test is dumber than they accuse Manningham of being.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 02:45 PM

so be it

just so you know, life isn't madden

you have to actually account for real money and future contracts. When you have a well balanced team like we do and draft as well as we do, your not going to have the cap to resign players.

How you can call a front office incompetent that doesn't have extra money to overspend on a 3rd WR, is where your ignorant on the topic. But I do agree that hating a player for going somewhere for more money and and playing time is irrational.

If you think teams that have cap are doing a good job, then you need to go look at the teams like KC, TB, and Cincy cuz those are teams with plenty of cap room.

jhamburg
03-19-2012, 02:50 PM

</P>

The whole "Manningham is as dumb as a post" thing is unoriginal, boring and getting quite cliche.* The guy is a solid football player and was very productive for us.* I have no doubt that he will*do very well*in SF.</P>

Don't forget that Dan Marino did very poorly in the Wonderlic test.* You have to wonder if MM even took it seriously.</P>

But last time I checked, you don't need to be a scientist to play the game of football.* The knocks on Mario not knowing the playbook and bla bla bla is just a message board saying that carried over and people picked up on. It was more of a ridiculous knock than trying to turn the comment "Mario isn't booksmark" into some kind of racial slur.
</P>

The racist accusation was so rediculous that I chose not to even comment on it.* I'm only talking about the myth that MM is some kind of dolt who can't even understand the playbook.</P>

For all we know he was half asleep during the several minutes of his life that he took the test in.* To conclude that he is stupid because he was a no show on that test is dumber than they accuse Manningham of being.</P>

It's more a combination of the test score, his ineptitude with the english language in general, and the fact that he's had more instances of running in the opposite direction of an Eli pass than all of our other receivers combined.

I mean whatever, he's making more than I'll ever make with my college education so good for him, I'm not hating the guy...It's just that he's clearly a little "special ed".

GMENAGAIN
03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
</P>

How does this even make sense?</P>

Are you talking about the "incompetent" front office that just put together a World Championship team?</P>

The guy was our #3WR, but wanted to be paid #1WR money. How could the FO possibly do that, given the fact that our #1 and #2WR's will both be looking for new deals over the next 1-2 years, if not sooner???</P>

rickker20
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Any one that leaves the Giant Organization to go play somewhere else is dumb.

Flip Empty
03-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Any one that leaves the Giant Organization to go play somewhere else is dumb.
Yes, because earning money is "dumb".

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM

</P>

</P>

The racist accusation was so rediculous that I chose not to even comment on it. I'm only talking about the myth that MM is some kind of dolt who can't even understand the playbook.</P>

For all we know he was half asleep during the several minutes of his life that he took the test in. To conclude that he is stupid because he was a no show on that test is dumber than they accuse Manningham of being.</P>

It's more a combination of the test score, his ineptitude with the english language in general, and the fact that he's had more instances of running in the opposite direction of an Eli pass than all of our other receivers combined. I mean whatever, he's making more than I'll ever make with my college education so good for him, I'm not hating the guy...It's just that he's clearly a little "special ed".</P>

We have a sight adjustment offense. That has nothing to do with Wonderlic tests or speech.</P>

This is a completelyrediculous point. MM breaks to an open space and Eli (who is many yards upfield) may see it a different way. these are split second decisions that are about althletic instinct rather than the foolish points you made.</P>

This argument is so foolish I can't believe I'm wasting my time countering them.</P>

English language? You sir...are a complete idiot. Manningham is a Rhodes Scholar compared to you if this is truly your position.</P>

</P>

Toadofsteel
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm just happy he didn't go to the eagles, like that traitor steve smith...

jhamburg
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM

</P>

The whole "Manningham is as dumb as a post" thing is unoriginal, boring and getting quite cliche.* The guy is a solid football player and was very productive for us.* I have no doubt that he will*do very well*in SF.</P>

Don't forget that Dan Marino did very poorly in the Wonderlic test.* You have to wonder if MM even took it seriously.</P>

But last time I checked, you don't need to be a scientist to play the game of football.* The knocks on Mario not knowing the playbook and bla bla bla is just a message board saying that carried over and people picked up on. It was more of a ridiculous knock than trying to turn the comment "Mario isn't booksmark" into some kind of racial slur.
</P>

The racist accusation was so rediculous that I chose not to even comment on it.* I'm only talking about the myth that MM is some kind of dolt who can't even understand the playbook.</P>

For all we know he was half asleep during the several minutes of his life that he took the test in.* To conclude that he is stupid because he was a no show on that test is dumber than they accuse Manningham of being.</P>

It's more a combination of the test score, his ineptitude with the english language in general, and the fact that he's had more instances of running in the opposite direction of an Eli pass than all of our other receivers combined. I mean whatever, he's making more than I'll ever make with my college education so good for him, I'm not hating the guy...It's just that he's clearly a little "special ed".</P>

We have a sight adjustment offense.* That has nothing to do with Wonderlic tests or speech.</P>

This is a completely*rediculous point.* MM breaks to an open space and Eli (who is many yards upfield) may see it a different way.* these are split second decisions that are about althletic instinct rather than the foolish points you made.</P>

This argument is so foolish I can't believe I'm wasting my time countering them.</P>

English language?** You sir...are a complete idiot.* Manningham is a Rhodes Scholar compared to you if this is truly your position.</P>

*</P>

I'm saying he's dumb because he bombs intelligence tests even by already poor NFL standards and can't speak his first language correctly...please explain to me how my argument is ridiculous. We may just have a different definition of intelligence.

MattMeyerBud
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
http://th13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/ahuacate/Smilies/th_eatpopcorn.gif

MikeIsaGiant
03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Mad hate goin on hurr

TheEnigma
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Mario needed to cash in and he is. Good for him.

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM

</P>

</P>

We have a sight adjustment offense. That has nothing to do with Wonderlic tests or speech.</P>

This is a completelyrediculous point. MM breaks to an open space and Eli (who is many yards upfield) may see it a different way. these are split second decisions that are about althletic instinct rather than the foolish points you made.</P>

English language? You sir...are a complete idiot. Manningham is a Rhodes Scholar compared to you if this is truly your position.</P>

</P>

I'm saying he's dumb because he bombs intelligence tests even by already poor NFL standards and can't speak his first language correctly...please explain to me how my argument is ridiculous. We may just have a different definition of intelligence.</P>

Please explain how "speaking skills" have anything to do with beating a corner or reading a zone defense and running to an open spot.</P>

Have you ever heard Larry Bird talk? especially when he first came into the league. He was one of the smartest basketball players to ever play the game.</P>

And you have no idea what his attitude was with the Wonderlic. I assume he just didn't take it seriously or even paniced. To base your assumptions on someone's intelligence on one test result is....well as I said, much dumber than you are accusing MM of being. </P>

And the results have nothing to do with the split second decision making that goes on, onthe field. Some of the smartest people make dumb decisions on the field. because they are not really decisions, they are "reactions".Good split second decisionscome from experience. The more experience you have the better your "decisions" on the field.</P>

jhamburg
03-19-2012, 04:04 PM

</P>

</P>

We have a sight adjustment offense.* That has nothing to do with Wonderlic tests or speech.</P>

This is a completely*rediculous point.* MM breaks to an open space and Eli (who is many yards upfield) may see it a different way.* these are split second decisions that are about althletic instinct rather than the foolish points you made.</P>

English language?** You sir...are a complete idiot.* Manningham is a Rhodes Scholar compared to you if this is truly your position.</P>

*</P>

I'm saying he's dumb because he bombs intelligence tests even by already poor NFL standards and can't speak his first language correctly...please explain to me how my argument is ridiculous. We may just have a different definition of intelligence.</P>

Please explain how "speaking skills" have anything to do with beating a corner or reading a zone defense and running to an open spot.</P>

Have you ever heard Larry Bird talk?* especially when he first came into the league.* He was one of the smartest basketball players to ever play the game.</P>

And you have no idea what his attitude was with the Wonderlic.* I assume he just didn't take it seriously or even paniced.* To base your assumptions on someone's intelligence on one test result is....well as I said, much dumber than you are accusing MM of being.* </P>

And the results have nothing to do with the split second decision making that goes on, on*the field.* Some of the smartest people make dumb decisions on the field.* because they are not really decisions, they are "reactions".**Good split second decisions*come from experience.* The more experience you have the better your "decisions" on the field.</P>

I have no idea where you're getting that from. All I said was that he isn't very bright. I haven't heard that refuted yet.

And I took a sample wonderlic test, and while it's not easy to get a top score, I'm pretty sure I could at least triple his score if I just woke up hung over on 2 hours sleep.

titwio
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm hearing from other sources that Mario hasn't officially signed with the 9ers yet....That's why there haven't been any details involving the money on his deal.

It's not too late MM...you can still join the Champion NY Football Giants and have an "elite" QB.

chasjay
03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
We can probably all agree that Mario is not a great orator - but I won't agree that I know he is dumb, because I don't know the man. Not being able to express yourself well verbally does not necessarily mean you are dumb. But if he is dumb as a post, why would anyone take delight in pointing it out? I'm not aware of his ever doing or saying anything detrimental to the Giants. I don't know if he has kids or will have kids, but if so, I trust their background and upbringing will be such that their verbal and cognitive skills develop in a way that will give them a chance to succeed at something other than football.

Good Luck 'Rio - enjoyed having you as a Giant!

GameTime
03-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Just curious, why should he feel dumb? He wanted more money and more touches. He has every right to do that. Why all this hate towards a guy that was never a problem for us? These Mario posts are getting dumber and dumber. Let it go, he's gone.because there's a lot of idiots here who'd rather blame the player for not coming back, <FONT color=#000080 size=4>than the incompetent front of</FONT>fice that weren't prepared to sign the player back.
</P>

now thats dumb....where would they get the $$ to resign MM. Also what the about the $$ they need for more important positions......</P>

that same incompetent FO helped bring 2 SBs to you as a fan in 5 years. Get with the program...</P>

RoanokeFan
03-19-2012, 04:46 PM

Who is blaming him for not coming back? Are we now talking about the same "incompetent front office" that has led us to 2 Super Bowls in four years?

barran21
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM

Your sigs it all.............he's got ring all he wants now is MONEY..

pino
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Dude is a millionaire. Why should he feel dumb?

I thought going to the Niners was a smart move and I have been telling Niner fans here that they should hope to get him. He's the kind of receiver that will do well in that offense, especially if Moss proves he's still got it.

They need him, and he needs them to showcase what he can do. Now he's got two years to prove he can be "the guy" and enter FA one more time for a big pay day.

jomo
03-19-2012, 07:13 PM
An NFL player taking the money while they are still healthy is never a dumb move.

giantyankee1976
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM

LOL your title alone can invite sarcastic comments and cynicism

Vtgmenfan89
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
What I think is funny is that he's going to a run heavy offense to possibly be a number 3 receiver...so unless he wins the 1 or 2 spot I think he will honestly have fewer touches and smaller stats considering that offense they run. So in my opinion it really was a bad move besides pay raise, which clearly mattered a lot to him. He would have been smarter to go to Stl with a up and coming qb Bradford and wr is a bigger need. Now he may be playing with Kaepernick who has never played an NFL regular season down, at least that I'm aware of.

Eli and Gilbride really should make some adjustments and come up with some new stuff for the offense because Rio is definitely gonna spill the beans on what he actually knows...which likely isn't much thankfully haha.

nhpgiantsfan
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
What I think is funny is that he's going to a run heavy offense to possibly be a number 3 receiver...so unless he wins the 1 or 2 spot I think he will honestly have fewer touches and smaller stats considering that offense they run. So in my opinion it really was a bad move besides pay raise, which clearly mattered a lot to him. He would have been smarter to go to Stl with a up and coming qb Bradford and wr is a bigger need. Now he may be playing with Kaepernick who has never played an NFL regular season down, at least that I'm aware of.

Eli and Gilbride really should make some adjustments and come
up with some new stuff for the offense because Rio is definitely
gonna spill the beans on what he actually knows...which likely
isn't much thankfully haha.

The money matters to every player in every sport. Don't act like he is different than anyone else. There are many players that play their order team every year. Nobody on the giants is worried about their secrets being told. MM is not the first player to leave an organization. Judging by that logic I guess we can credit Steve Smith and Barry Coefield for three of our losses last year.

giantyankee1976
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Eli and Gilbride really should make some adjustments and come up with some new stuff for the offense because Rio is definitely gonna spill the beans on what he actually knows...which likely isn't much thankfully haha.

I was thinking that same thing yesterday.

Rio's turning (CA) State's Property.

And I ain't talking Beans, Freeway or Peedi

Drez
03-19-2012, 08:38 PM
</P>

The only thing that'd be incompetent about the FO is if they were prepared to spend over $4m a year on their 3 WR. Now, that'd be idiotic.</P>

Drez
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
What I think is funny is that he's going to a run heavy offense to possibly be a number 3 receiver...so unless he wins the 1 or 2 spot I think he will honestly have fewer touches and smaller stats considering that offense they run. So in my opinion it really was a bad move besides pay raise, which clearly mattered a lot to him. He would have been smarter to go to Stl with a up and coming qb Bradford and wr is a bigger need. Now he may be playing with Kaepernick who has never played an NFL regular season down, at least that I'm aware of. Eli and Gilbride really should make some adjustments and come up with some new stuff for the offense because Rio is definitely gonna spill the beans on what he actually knows...which likely isn't much thankfully haha.</P>

Moss is a one trick pony anymore... Meaning a decoy running streaks. There's a reason no one showed any interest in him before he "retired" last year.</P>

Crabtree has pretty much been a bust.</P>

Mario will compete for one of the outside receiver positions. He will have more targets than he'd likely get here, barring any major injury to Nicks and Cruz. Even in a run heavy offense, he should have the opportunity to bring in 60-80 catches.</P>

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
What I think is funny is that he's going to a run heavy offense to possibly be a number 3 receiver...so unless he wins the 1 or 2 spot I think he will honestly have fewer touches and smaller stats considering that offense they run. So in my opinion it really was a bad move besides pay raise, which clearly mattered a lot to him. He would have been smarter to go to Stl with a up and coming qb Bradford and wr is a bigger need. Now he may be playing with Kaepernick who has never played an NFL regular season down, at least that I'm aware of. Eli and Gilbride really should make some adjustments and come up with some new stuff for the offense because Rio is definitely gonna spill the beans on what he actually knows...which likely isn't much thankfully haha.</P>

Don't know what his stats will be but right now he's the best WR on the team.</P>