PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs ????

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Where is the big guy at ? Someone knows what he is been doing, any interviews ? Just curious.

Tommy3rd
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
waiting at home for other teams to call him in for a workout.

miked1958
03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
has he made any offiical visits at all? very surprising to me that no one has called him

Kruunch
03-19-2012, 02:31 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bYEPInHK7_E/TV77wnba-gI/AAAAAAAAAyY/XUYCu2JTQFo/s400/waiting.jpg

G-Man67
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
ha, maybe one more year with big Brandon ... he's probably thinking that offer wasn't so bad now</P>

TheIncredibleErk
03-19-2012, 03:35 PM
yeah he didnt accept a deal becuz he wanted $500,000 more. now he will be lucky to get the vet minimum if he re-signs with us. dumb *******

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2012, 05:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bYEPInHK7_E/TV77wnba-gI/AAAAAAAAAyY/XUYCu2JTQFo/s400/waiting.jpg
LOL !

dave56dj
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM
The market for backs has been soft-great job by Reese in his anlalysis-but Jacobs will absolutely get more then The vet minimum and not sure why the hate for a guy who helped win big blue 2 superbowls-anyway hopefully he and Reese meet again and they work
It out- but free agency is still fairly new and while waiting certainly isn't good for his value while
Teams round out there rosters Jacobs will eventually come up

G-Men Surg.
03-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Finally some news (sort of) about Jacobs and Mark Ross scouting WR,

With Mario Manningham gone, Giants' Marc Ross might be looking for a wide receiver in draft
Published: Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:13 AM *** Updated: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
By Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Follow

Email
Print

Chris Faytok/The Star-Ledger
Former Giants wide receiver Mario Manningham, shown here in the NFC Championship Game against the San Francisco 49ers, joined the Niners over the weekend. The Giants might look to next month's NFL Draft to add a receiver.
Okay, so it was a relatively quiet week for the Giants to start free agency. I'd expect things to pick up a touch for them this week, now that the first wave of top-priced players has found their landing spots. Expect some movement on that second tier of players, which includes Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Goff, Aaron Ross, etc.
But more on that in a bit.
For now, I just want to follow up on the news of Mario Manningham's signing with the San Francisco 49ers by noting the Giants are looking for a replacement on their roster but perhaps also in next month's NFL Draft.
The team's director of college scouting Marc Ross is at Wake Forest today for the school's pro day, during which wide receiver Chris Givens will be working out. Givens is projected to be a second- or third-round pick, depending on which draft expert you're reading at this point in the process.
Ross isn't alone, either, as I'm told the Giants sent another scout there as well.
I try not to read too much into where Ross, Tom Coughlin, Jerry Reese and the scouts are before the draft because you never know which players in particular are drawing the team to a certain workout. But Ross was also at Georgia Tech's pro day recently, surely because of wide receiver Stephen Hill, who is slated to go late in the first round or early in the second - again, depending on which expert's take you're heeding. I've also heard the Giants have done a lot of homework on a few receivers.
Not that it's a huge surprise they're looking to add young players at the position.
Given Manningham's departure, the uncertainty surrounding the players behind Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks on the roster and the slot in which the Super Bowl champion Giants are selecting, wide receiver could be a likely target for the Giants next month.
12:51 p.m. UPDATE Sounds like Ross is double dipping today. He's headed to Appalachian State's pro day this afternoon where wide receiver Brian Quick will work out. Quick is Appalachian's top prospect this year.
Elsewhere on the radar:
--People have asked what's shaking with Jacobs, who was recently cut by the Giants. The answer is not much. And perhaps that could mean a return to the team for which he played his first seven seasons.
When Jacobs was first released, it didn't sound like there was any chance he'd be back. But given the way the market has developed for running backs (or should I say hasn't developed?) and the fact Jacobs was only $500,000 apart in negotiations with the Giants before being cut, is it possible a reunion could occur? Sure.
The folks over at BigBlueInteractive.com even say it's going to happen. I don't think it's there yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.

miked1958
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM

With Mario Manningham gone, Giants' Marc Ross might be looking for a wide receiver in draft
Published: Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:13 AM *** Updated: Monday, March 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
Follow

Email
Print

Former Giants wide receiver Mario Manningham, shown here in the NFC Championship Game against the San Francisco 49ers, joined the Niners over the weekend. The Giants might look to next month's NFL Draft to add a receiver.
Okay, so it was a relatively quiet week for the Giants to start free agency. I'd expect things to pick up a touch for them this week, now that the first wave of top-priced players has found their landing spots. Expect some movement on that second tier of players, which includes Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Goff, Aaron Ross, etc.
For now, I just want to follow up on the news of Mario Manningham's signing with the San Francisco 49ers by noting the Giants are looking for a replacement on their roster but perhaps also in next month's NFL Draft.
The team's director of college scouting Marc Ross is at Wake Forest today for the school's pro day, during which wide receiver Chris Givens will be working out. Givens is projected to be a second- or third-round pick, depending on which draft expert you're reading at this point in the process.
Ross isn't alone, either, as I'm told the Giants sent another scout there as well.
I try not to read too much into where Ross, Tom Coughlin, Jerry Reese and the scouts are before the draft because you never know which players in particular are drawing the team to a certain workout. But Ross was also at Georgia Tech's pro day recently, surely because of wide receiver Stephen Hill, who is slated to go late in the first round or early in the second - again, depending on which expert's take you're heeding. I've also heard the Giants have done a lot of homework on a few receivers.
Not that it's a huge surprise they're looking to add young players at the position.
Given Manningham's departure, the uncertainty surrounding the players behind Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks on the roster and the slot in which the Super Bowl champion Giants are selecting, wide receiver could be a likely target for the Giants next month.
12:51 p.m. UPDATE Sounds like Ross is double dipping today. He's headed to Appalachian State's pro day this afternoon where wide receiver Brian Quick will work out. Quick is Appalachian's top prospect this year.
Elsewhere on the radar:
--People have asked what's shaking with Jacobs, who was recently cut by the Giants. The answer is not much. And perhaps that could mean a return to the team for which he played his first seven seasons.
When Jacobs was first released, it didn't sound like there was any chance he'd be back. But given the way the market has developed for running backs (or should I say hasn't developed?) and the fact Jacobs was only $500,000 apart in negotiations with the Giants before being cut, is it possible a reunion could occur? Sure.
The folks over at BigBlueInteractive.com even say it's going to happen. I don't think it's there yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.
BJ needs to resign and retire a NYG

miked1958
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
With that said. I don't know anything about any of the WRs mentioned in the post. Anyone with any info on these guys.

radar-ray
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Follow

Email
Print

Elsewhere on the radar:
BJ needs to resign and retire a NYGAgree 100%!!!

JJC7301
03-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Get him back. I think he'll wind up coming back at pretty much the cut the Giants were going to give him.

G-Men Surg.
03-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Get him back. I think he'll wind up coming back at pretty much the cut the Giants were going to give him.
I hope and think he has something left in the tank but don't know if he still or can be in in Giants plan going foward.

GIANTfaninFL
03-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Bring him back

derekunion28
03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
my fav player want him back he is a leader and spark plug...just makes some dumb mistakes

NY4U2
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I think its a terrible market for running backs. They are becoming a dime a dozen (unless you that "it" back, ex.Adrian Peterson) The market on running backs will get better after the draft but there are a lot of serviceable backs in the draft this year. It could be BrandonJacobs @home4alongtime.com......

bashful
03-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Why does this surprise everyone.