PDA

View Full Version : Mario Manningham Says Thank You

lavar2
03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
From his twitter...

I just want to thank ALL of @Giants Nation from my teammates I have played with to all my coaches throughout my years in NY... most importantly I want to thank all of the fans for being behind me and supporting me since draft day. I might be moving on to a different team but will never forget where I started in this league. Being a part of and helping bring another Super Bowl Championship to this great organization and city is something that will last with me forever. So once again THANK YOU!!

link- https://twitter.com/#!/Manningham49ers

Say what you want about the guy but we took a chance on this guy in the 3rd and he came up big for us. He was a very solid player and helped bring us another Super Bowl title. Not to mention guy is a class act. Thank you Mario.

Dirt66
03-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for everything MM.....until we play you, then all bets are off!!!!! <FONT color=#000080>GO GIANTS!</FONT>

jomo
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks for everything MM.....until we play you, then all bets are off!!!!! <FONT color=#000080>GO GIANTS!</FONT>[Y]

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
From his twitter... I just want to thank ALL of @Giants Nation from my teammates I have played with to all my coaches throughout my years in NY... most importantly I want to thank all of the fans for being behind me and supporting me since draft day. I might be moving on to a different team but will never forget where I started in this league. Being a part of and helping bring another Super Bowl Championship to this great organization and city is something that will last with me forever. So once again THANK YOU!! link- https://twitter.com/#!/Manningham49ers Say what you want about the guy but we took a chance on this guy in the 3rd and he came up big for us. He was a very solid player and helped bring us another Super Bowl title. Not to mention guy is a class act. Thank you Mario.I love me some M.M. However, we could not afford him after WE developed him. I wish he was here and not "there". </P>

It just seems to me that "our" team spends alot of time developing young players, and once they get good they end up moving on instead of having a little bit of loyalty to the team they were groomed for. I understand the whole "I need to be paid thing", but where is the Team loyalty??? Our Giants coaches seem to groom more nobodys into somebodys and then lose them to FA. That really hits home to my heart more than anything else. </P>

I just wish that even though it might be 500,000.00 less than another team would pay that players would have some sort of dedication to a team and its' goals.</P>

nhpgiantsfan
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
It's not just Giants players, it's all athletes in all sports. This is there business, their profession, and their way of life. It sucks but it's just the way it is, especially in the NFL with the hard cap.

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-19-2012, 09:52 PM
It's not just Giants players, it's all athletes in all sports. This is there business, their profession, and their way of life. It sucks but it's just the way it is, especially in the NFL with the hard cap.I realize what you said, I still dont have to like it though. It makes it so I cant take the Family to a game together for a game. I say we tell them all go to Canada or Europe to play in their league for minimal bucks and then "AND" only then they figure out we pay WAY TOO much.

RoanokeFan
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks for everything MM.....until we play you, then all bets are off!!!!! <font color="#000080">GO GIANTS!</font>[Y]

[Y] [Y]

GameTime
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
cool....thnkas for the memories MM....
good luck

BluTri10
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
There is NO WAY Mario wrote that himself.

Nevertheless, thank you Mario. You will always live on in GIANTS lure with your playoff performance from this past year. This championship lets me forgive you for all the dropped passes...In all seriousness, thanks MM.

miked1958
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks for everything MM.....until we play you, then all bets are off!!!!! <FONT color=#000080>GO GIANTS!</FONT>Agreed. Thanks for some very clutch catches in playoffs and SB

NorwoodBlue
03-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Mario's a good wideout; and I appreciate what he did. He's earned a chance to be a 1st or 2nd WR with another team. We've got to accept the fact that we can't pay him that money. The most important issue for the Giants is that there are a boatload of wideouts who'd do well with the Giants. When you've got Cruz and Nicks, there aren't enough cover people on the field to double your third wideout. That guy will get running room, and should be able to make plays when he's on the field. It's going to be interesting to see if Mario takes off with more playing time, or he remains a third WO behind Crabtree and Moss.

dave56dj
03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
What a wonderfully backhanded thank you - "no way he wrote it himself"

Geez - for me the guy was a helluva player - and completely lived up to his 3rd round selection. I completely understand having to get paid - as for the poster who said we develop players then let them go thats not true - the giants target the most important guys like TUCK - Osi (was re-signed after rookie contract) Strahan - Eli - Diehl -Snee - Webster - T2 and many more.

They will taret Nicks -JPP and Cruz soon too - but when you have stars and a cap some guys will have to be let go.

TuckYou
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
I wish him well except when we play him, but someone wrote that for him.

Edit* I see someone beat me to the punch.

jomo
03-19-2012, 10:22 PM
All the best to you MM,you gave ussome great memories.

giantyankee1976
03-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks for everything MM.....until we play you, then all bets are off!!!!! <font color="#000080">GO GIANTS!</font>[Y]

[Y]* [Y]

[Y] [Y] [Y]

GameTime
03-19-2012, 10:27 PM
<FONT color=#000080 size=4>There is NO WAY Mario wrote that himself</FONT>. Nevertheless, thank you Mario. You will always live on in GIANTS lure with your playoff performance from this past year. This championship lets me forgive you for all the dropped passes...In all seriousness, thanks MM.</P>

why the hell did you even have to say that.....</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
[Y]

Thanks for everything MM.....until we play you, then all bets are off!!!!! <FONT color=#000080>GO GIANTS!</FONT>[Y]

[Y] [Y]
[Y] [Y] [Y]</P>

[Y][Y][Y][Y]</P>

BigBlue1971
03-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Mario was a major contributor to this team and organization!</P>

we certainly wont forget him wherever he goes! hes a cool dude!</P>

good luck Rio in future endeavors.......'cept against the Giants! </P>

GmenFan1980
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
[Y]

[Y]* [Y]
[Y] [Y] [Y]</P>

[Y][Y][Y][Y]</P>

http://www.cdrom2go.com/images/site/techGuy/5ThumbsUP.jpg

killerblue8787
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM

[Y]* [Y]

[Y] [Y] [Y]
[Y] [Y] [Y][Y]

swimeasy
03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
From his twitter...

I just want to thank ALL of @Giants Nation from my teammates I have played with to all my coaches throughout my years in NY... most importantly I want to thank all of the fans for being behind me and supporting me since draft day. I might be moving on to a different team but will never forget where I started in this league. Being a part of and helping bring another Super Bowl Championship to this great organization and city is something that will last with me forever. So once again THANK YOU!!

Thanks for the memories Mario! Thank you also for reminding us that players can move on with grace and integrity.

Best wishes to you unless you are playing the Giants!

BluTri10
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Why does it matter? It's not like the guy comes on here and will see it. He could care less.

berya
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Good luck to him. Hope he gets a sh*t load of yds for San Fran. Just not against us.

netplus
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks MM for raising your level of play in playoffs. 3 TD's in 4 playoff games plus two huge catches on the final super bowl drive....that's callled clutch and will be tough to replace.

swimeasy
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Why does it matter? It's not like the guy comes on here and will see it. He could care less.

?? Does being gracious or doing the right thing only matter if someone sees it? I trust your comment was not one of your finer moments.

GameTime
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Why does it matter? It's not like the guy comes on here and will see it. He could care less.</P>

didnt say it because I though MM would read it. I just said it because it was a useless comment.</P>

BTW....its "couldn't care less"....</P>

</P>

BluTri10
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
I was being gracious. I commended the guy for making plays for us and said he will live on in Giants lure. I just found it funny when I read his twitter post because I can't picture him writing or talking like that. If anything, it wasn't a genuine comment on his part if someone else had to type it.

The guy is a champion...regardless.

BluTri10
03-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Good. I'm glad I made a mistake on my post. It shows I didn't need someone to write it for me.

dave56dj
03-19-2012, 11:18 PM
What's Giants lure?

Axels15
03-19-2012, 11:18 PM

[Y]* [Y]

[Y]* [Y]

[Y]*

Bohemian
03-19-2012, 11:28 PM
In all seriousness, I am grateful for Manningham's contribution and legacy as a Giant.

I am a Michigan fan, so drafting him was a great bonus, he was not only my favorite wolverine during his time there, but drafting him was a huge bonus. I was completely convinced that he was going to do great things for us. I could not be happier for how things turned out. Two championships later, I am truly thankful.

I know that I am very mean about his interviews, and lack of eloquence, but it is all in fun and games... I am still a Manningham fan when it is all said and done.

My brother is a huge 9ers fan, and I can't do but follow them closely, and I think that Manningham is going from a class organization to another class organization. Life is good.

This does not mean that I will not keep making fun of MM, but you know that behind it all, I will always wish him the best.

Thank you Manningham.

Toadofsteel
03-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Thank you MM. Unlike that traitor Steve Smith, you're a man of class, and we wish you the best, although we're still rooting against the niners when we come to town...

chasjay
03-20-2012, 12:34 AM
There is NO WAY Mario wrote that himself.

Nevertheless, thank you Mario. You will always live on in GIANTS lure with your playoff performance from this past year. This championship lets me forgive you for all the dropped passes...In all seriousness, thanks MM (+1).

I won't argue that he might have gotten a little composition help - but I don't doubt for a minute that he means it, which is the important thing.

JJC7301
03-20-2012, 12:52 AM
MM, thanks for your great plays, effort, and heart. You'll always have a special place in Giants history for your performance in the '11 - '12 playoffs and what is probably the best catch in SB history.

The Giants could not have done it without you this year. Best of luck in SF...but not too much luck against the Giants.

JimC
03-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Why does it matter? It's not like the guy comes on here and will see it. He could care less.</p>

didnt say it because I though MM would read it. I just said it because it was a useless comment.</p>

BTW....its "couldn't care less"....</p>

</p>

I believe it is correctly stated as "He could care less."

BillTheGreek
03-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Mario, Thanks for a great Super Bowl Win.........You really helped win it for the GMEN..
GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!

Diamondring
03-20-2012, 02:43 AM
I will predict that he will do good for his new team. He was a underrated player and is really a second option who could become a first option. I think he is more suited for slot and will play that position. He will do very well.

The other team will have another threat so he wouldn't have to deal with a lot of double team. Mario does have the ability to do just that. Good luck fella except against the Giants.

Antwuan
03-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Thank You Mario! for everything the memories and the catch that help the Giants win their 4th Superbowl. Thank You and Good Luck!!!

PRFan
03-20-2012, 06:17 AM
From his twitter... I just want to thank ALL of @Giants Nation from my teammates I have played with to all my coaches throughout my years in NY... most importantly I want to thank all of the fans for being behind me and supporting me since draft day. I might be moving on to a different team but will never forget where I started in this league. Being a part of and helping bring another Super Bowl Championship to this great organization and city is something that will last with me forever. So once again THANK YOU!! link- https://twitter.com/#!/Manningham49ers Say what you want about the guy but we took a chance on this guy in the 3rd and he came up big for us. He was a very solid player and helped bring us another Super Bowl title. Not to mention guy is a class act. Thank you Mario.I love me some M.M. However, we could not afford him after WE developed him. I wish he was here and not "there". </P>

It just seems to me that "our" team spends alot of time developing young players, and once they get good they end up moving on instead of having a little bit of loyalty to the team they were groomed for. I understand the whole "I need to be paid thing", but where is the Team loyalty??? Our Giants coaches seem to groom more nobodys into somebodys and then lose them to FA. That really hits home to my heart more than anything else. </P>

I just wish that even though it might be 500,000.00 less than another team would pay that players would have some sort of dedication to a team and its' goals.</P>

Let's just say it was probably way more than $500,000

titwio
03-20-2012, 06:52 AM
The guy showed up when it mattered most in the playoffs with TD's in every game against the Falcons, Packers, Niners and one hell of a game breaking catch in the SB. I'm going to miss him being a part of Big Blue.

I'll say, "thank you" back.

bandwgn86
03-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Rip it up in FLA Mario Ochodos

Thanks for everything

since55
03-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Why does it matter? It's not like the guy comes on here and will see it. He could care less.</p>

didnt say it because I though MM would read it. I just said it because it was a useless comment.</p>

BTW....its "couldn't care less"....</p>

*</p>

I believe it is correctly stated as "He could care less."

The proper usage is:

I couldn't care less.

Oh. By the way. Google is your friend.

MattMeyerBud
03-20-2012, 09:15 AM
From his twitter...

Say what you want about the guy but we took a chance on this guy in the 3rd and he came up big for us. He was a very solid player and helped bring us another Super Bowl title. Not to mention guy is a class act. Thank you Mario.

ehhh we didn't take much of a chance, he was first round talent that fell for smoking pot. We got a steal. He paid off and will be missed.

Alot of unnecessary shots have been taken on the guy on these boards but I think he was a damn fine player that was a very underrated player

bigjeep
03-20-2012, 09:22 AM

It goes both ways, Giants release players after years of service and players are after the big salary! Its called Free Agency and cap space! Its a sport for us and a business to the Giants and the players!

MattMeyerBud
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
From his twitter... I just want to thank ALL of @Giants Nation from my teammates I have played with to all my coaches throughout my years in NY... most importantly I want to thank all of the fans for being behind me and supporting me since draft day. I might be moving on to a different team but will never forget where I started in this league. Being a part of and helping bring another Super Bowl Championship to this great organization and city is something that will last with me forever. So once again THANK YOU!! link- https://twitter.com/#!/Manningham49ers Say what you want about the guy but we took a chance on this guy in the 3rd and he came up big for us. He was a very solid player and helped bring us another Super Bowl title. Not to mention guy is a class act. Thank you Mario.I love me some M.M. However, we could not afford him after WE developed him. I wish he was here and not "there". </p>

It just seems to me that "our" team spends alot of time developing young players, and once they get good they end up moving on instead of having a little bit of loyalty to the team they were groomed for. I understand the whole "I need to be paid thing", but where is the Team loyalty??? Our Giants coaches seem to groom more nobodys into somebodys and then lose them to FA. That really hits home to my heart more than anything else. </p>

I just wish that even though it might be 500,000.00 less than another team would pay that players would have some sort of dedication to a team and its' goals.</p>

It goes both ways, Giants release players after years of service and players are after the big salary! Its called Free Agency and cap space! Its a sport for us and a business to the Giants and the players!

i can't grasp how anybody could logically have the argument: WHERES THE LOYALTY? Call up Chase Blackburn and give him that speech. I'm with ya Jeep

hungrrrry
03-20-2012, 10:08 AM
From his twitter...

Say what you want about the guy but we took a chance on this guy in the 3rd and he came up big for us. He was a very solid player and helped bring us another Super Bowl title. Not to mention guy is a class act. Thank you Mario.GOOD LUCK MARIO!....Mario did supply us with some good plays and some highlight reel plays, ala the superbowl. I would not have been upset if Mario remained as our #3 but he felt it was time to move knowing our financials couldn't help him. He will be missed around here but as bad as it sounds, we can fill in that spot sufficiently.
Thanks again Mario...hopefully, for your sake, you emerge in San Fran

chasjay
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I did not know until yesterday that Mario's middle name is CASHMERE!! Wish I'd known that all along, probably could have had some fun with it.

Kruunch
03-20-2012, 12:18 PM

[Y]* [Y]

[b][b][b]

nycisgreat
03-20-2012, 12:48 PM
From his twitter...

Yes sir, +1!

MikeIsaGiant
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Good luck to Rio.

Very good receiver and a big part of this organization

bigblue5611
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
From his twitter...

my wife heard on radio ad he's gonna be at some sort of mall sports show in harrisburg this weekend...other guys there too, somebody from dallas, some penn st. guys, wouldnt be surprised if shady mccoy from eagles on the program, probably a steeler or raven or 2 ...ill let ya all know if i go...