PDA

View Full Version : Brandon jacobs visit any teams yet?

Harooni
03-20-2012, 02:00 AM
crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?

Diamondring
03-20-2012, 02:24 AM
crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?At times in the past, I was mad at him for the way he acted. Yet I started to think... It may not be his fault that his production went down and as a matter of fact, he has improved.

They said he tipped toe a lot. Well sometimes that is needed when your O-lines doesn't beat their opponets or run them to the ground. A back needs to sometimes hesitate a little so that he wouldn't run into another player. When a rb does that, the fans talk bad about him and when he hesistate some, they get on him for that so he can't win.

BJ doing the things on the field shows that he has learned the different types of lines. He needs to go to the 49ers.

GmenFan1980
03-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Because running backs are a dime a dozen?

Experience for what? how to run?

Martyr
03-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Any running back getting at the LOS won't have a very good year. Jacobs shines when he gets to the second level of a defense so he didn't have a fair chance. Do we blame the running backs or the oline for being last in the league in rushing? I think we all can agree that the oline should shoulder most of the blame

miked1958
03-20-2012, 05:18 AM
With all that said no one answered the OPs question. Has BJ been invited to come in for a look by any of the other 31 teams as of yet?

Hooligans
03-20-2012, 06:38 AM
crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?

There isn't a lot of demand for a 6'5", 270 Lb. running back that tip-toes into the line and is terrible in short yardage plays. Espeically, when this same "Ron Dayne" clone constantly opens his mouth and makes a fool out of himself and his team.

bLuereverie
03-20-2012, 06:58 AM

There isn't a lot of demand for a 6'5", 270 Lb. running back that tip-toes into the line and is terrible in short yardage plays. Espeically, when this same "Ron Dayne" clone constantly opens his mouth and makes a fool out of himself and his team.

Jacobs is amongst the leaders in the major franchise rushing categories. Using Ron Dayne's name is just moronic.

bLuereverie
03-20-2012, 07:05 AM
While I'd like him back, I still don't think it's likely he'll return.

After Peyton Hillis, it took some time for Mike Tolbert to sign.

BJ will get a look from other teams, but likely after Michael Bush, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cedric Benson, and Justin Forsett.

titwio
03-20-2012, 07:23 AM
With all that said no one answered the OPs question. Has BJ been invited to come in for a look by any of the other 31 teams as of yet?

A simple question that can't be answered. I was curious to know if he had any invites also. According to the responses here... I guess not.

Tommy3rd
03-20-2012, 07:53 AM
as much as i like jacobs, you can't relly blame the o-line because Bradshaw also works with that same o-line and manages to make something out of nothing with a bum foot.
I would give BJ 2.5 million a year, with a stipulation that we deduct $25k every time he doesn't go north-south. let's see how quickly he learns. he got hired as a battering ram, and should be used as one.

bLuereverie
03-20-2012, 08:52 AM
as much as i like jacobs, you can't relly blame the o-line because Bradshaw also works with that same o-line and manages to make something out of nothing with a bum foot.
I would give BJ 2.5 million a year, with a stipulation that we deduct $25k every time he doesn't go north-south. let's see how quickly he learns. he got hired as a battering ram, and should be used as one.

Ahmad Bradshaw = 3.9 YPC
Brandon Jacobs = 3.8 YPC

GiantPride27
03-20-2012, 09:12 AM
BJ wont get picked up till injurys occure during the season. My perdiction is Pittsburg bc of Mendenhall may not be ready for 2012

TuckYou
03-20-2012, 09:18 AM
To be honest, I am one of those people who feel unless you can get an elite RB, its the OL that is the more important to the running game. Fix the OL and you can start running the ball. Dont try for a better RB with a weak OL, it wont matter. </P>

Bradshaw, Scott (as long as he gets work done on the fumbling issue), Ware, Brown would be fine RBs with us as long as the OL gets push, unlike last year.</P>

Think about the year we had Jacobs and Ward go over 1K, it was the OL. not the backs. </P>

TuckYou
03-20-2012, 09:20 AM
as much as i like jacobs, you can't relly blame the o-line because Bradshaw also works with that same o-line and manages to make something out of nothing with a bum foot. I would give BJ 2.5 million a year, with a stipulation that we deduct $25k every time he doesn't go north-south. let's see how quickly he learns. he got hired as a battering ram, and should be used as one. Ahmad Bradshaw = 3.9 YPC Brandon Jacobs = 3.8 YPC</P>

Again, OL issue, not the RB issue. </P>

radar-ray
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM

Ahmad Bradshaw = 3.9 YPC
Brandon Jacobs = 3.8 YPCThis. It's the OL!!!!

JesseJames
03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
we don't have to be rocket scientists to figure out what was wrong with our running game last year and why AB and BJ had bad stats. We had the worst rated run blocking line in the league last year. that makes it pretty simple, no back who ever played the game can run through holes that simply don't exist, King Kong would have had the same trouble as our backs did trying to run behind our O line....

NYGJayPro81
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
we don't have to be rocket scientists to figure out what was wrong with our running game last year and why AB and BJ had bad stats. We had the worst rated run blocking line in the league last year. that makes it pretty simple, no back who ever played the game can run through holes that simple don't exist, King Kong would have had the same trouble as our backs did trying to run behind our O line....

The only RB who probably could've done anything with that line was Barry Sanders... he did his thing with worse lines than ours

NYGJayPro81
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
we don't have to be rocket scientists to figure out what was wrong with our running game last year and why AB and BJ had bad stats. We had the worst rated run blocking line in the league last year. that makes it pretty simple, no back who ever played the game can run through holes that simple don't exist, King Kong would have had the same trouble as our backs did trying to run behind our O line....

The only RB who probably could've done anything with that line was Barry Sander... he did his thing with worse lines than ours
*Sanders

RoanokeFan
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM

So you think all they have to do is "run"?

BlueSanta
03-20-2012, 10:51 AM
I see a lot of People blame the Oline, and that certainly was part of it. But, let me throw a few other things out there.

BJ was always at his best running wide, either off tackle or outside. In 2007 we ran more outside tackle plays than anyone in football. In 2008, the Saints surpased us in percentages of run plays outside.

The problem is BJ got too confortable running outside. This year we did not have the edge blockers we had in 2007. Our tackles were old and hurt and our TEs were not as good at seal blocking. So we tried to run more inside. The problem, however, is that BJ is more comfortable going outside, which is why at times he can be very frustrating to watch. Too many times he tried to bounce inside runs to the outside and defenses picked up on that about him long ago.

BJ is a great guy, was a great Giant. But, had we not had such a dominant line for so long he would have suffered in this league. He just is not good at following his blockers and setting up the blocks for them. It is someting great backs do. Lastly, this year he really struggled at running north south, he reverted to trying to get the edge, even when the play was called up the middle. It isnt easy to do. His lateral tendencies, which seem to have gotten worse in recent years, are also a major trontributing reason he was a poor short yardage back this year.

GmenFan1980
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM

No of course not. But what can an Experienced running back tell you, that a RB coach can't?

RoanokeFan
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM

No of course not. But what can an Experienced running back tell you, that a RB coach can't?

If it were as easy as you think, Da'Rel Scott would be our #1 running back.

Making reads, picking up blitzes, catching the ball are also involved.

GmenFan1980
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM

What am I saying that is easy?

All those things can be coached from a RB coach can they not?

mainegiantsfan
03-20-2012, 11:05 AM
You hit the nail on the head. Those of us who saw Ron Johnson turn a bad running team into a very good one with a bad line will attest to that. Brandon Jacobs either has poor instinct, or dogs it a lot of the time. For every extra effort he has had, there are 10 runs that a Peyton Hillis would improve dramatically on.

GCGiant
03-20-2012, 11:07 AM
I think BJ still has some gas left in the tank, and if he hooks up with a team that can give him holes to run through he could be a beast.

ryan12
03-20-2012, 11:20 AM

time to update your wish list 3/4 of those players are signed with other teams already

nycisgreat
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?At times in the past, I was mad at him for the way he acted. Yet I started to think... It may not be his fault that his production went down and as a matter of fact, he has improved.

They said he tipped toe a lot. Well sometimes that is needed when your O-lines doesn't beat their opponets or run them to the ground. A back needs to sometimes hesitate a little so that he wouldn't run into another player. When a rb does that, the fans talk bad about him and when he hesistate some, they get on him for that so he can't win.

BJ doing the things on the field shows that he has learned the different types of lines. He needs to go to the 49ers.

Our oline hasn't been the same since 2008. They have to many injuries. I still think ward was much better suited for the Giants style of play than Bradshaw.

The thing that gets to me when people critisize BJ as if AB numbers are staggering. The number are similiar.

I think people just dislike BJ because is to out spoken.

jhamburg
03-20-2012, 11:44 AM

LOL, for real.

If I were running a team I'd just keep drafting RBs in the mid/late rounds and let guys go to FA after their rookie deals. Paying 30 year old running backs top dollar rarely works out well.

TroyArcher
03-20-2012, 12:22 PM
crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?At times in the past, I was mad at him for the way he acted. Yet I started to think... It may not be his fault that his production went down and as a matter of fact, he has improved. They said he tipped toe a lot. Well sometimes that is needed when your O-lines doesn't beat their opponets or run them to the ground. A back needs to sometimes hesitate a little so that he wouldn't run into another player. When a rb does that, the fans talk bad about him and when he hesistate some, they get on him for that so he can't win. BJ doing the things on the field shows that he has learned the different types of lines. He needs to go to the 49ers. Our oline hasn't been the same since 2008. They have to many injuries. I still think ward was much better suited for the Giants style of play than Bradshaw. The thing that gets to me when people critisize BJ as if AB numbers are staggering. The number are similiar. I think people just dislike BJ because is to out spoken.</P>

</P>

Two years ago Jacobs and Bradshaw had great years running the ball. The retirement of Seubert and O'Hara in the same year hurt. </P>

lorenzo3988
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Ron Dayne?!!!! Are you serious? Wat a wash-out.

GIANTfaninFL
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?At times in the past, I was mad at him for the way he acted. Yet I started to think... It may not be his fault that his production went down and as a matter of fact, he has improved. They said he tipped toe a lot. Well sometimes that is needed when your O-lines doesn't beat their opponets or run them to the ground. A back needs to sometimes hesitate a little so that he wouldn't run into another player. When a rb does that, the fans talk bad about him and when he hesistate some, they get on him for that so he can't win. BJ doing the things on the field shows that he has learned the different types of lines. He needs to go to the 49ers. Our oline hasn't been the same since 2008. They have to many injuries. I still think ward was much better suited for the Giants style of play than Bradshaw. The thing that gets to me when people critisize BJ as if AB numbers are staggering. The number are similiar. I think people just dislike BJ because is to out spoken.</P>

*</P>

Two years ago Jacobs and Bradshaw had great years running the ball.* The retirement of Seubert and O'Hara in the same year hurt.* </P>

They were cut. Not retired. They were old and washed out.

Half the time Jacobs was running like he didnt want to get hurt so he can collect his next paycheck.

Good riddance

GameTime
03-20-2012, 03:50 PM
crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience? There isn't a lot of demand for a 6'5", 270 Lb. running back that tip-toes into the line and is terrible in short yardage plays. Espeically, when this same "Ron Dayne" clone constantly opens his mouth and makes a fool out of himself and his team.</P>

you compare Jacobs to Dayne???</P>

sorry bro....no comparrison....Jacobs much more productive and better than Dayne...</P>

GameTime
03-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Because running backs are a dime a dozen? Experience for what? how to run?

What am I saying that is easy? All those things can be coached from a RB coach can they not?</P>

then how come every team doesnt have an All Pro RB....???</P>

its about desire, hard work, AND talent. Talent at the RB postion is a mix of natural and coached skill. You need great vision and feel for the game. Not to mention all the other resposiblities that go along with it. </P>

All postions are a dime a dozen. But very good players at individual postions are not...</P>

</P>

JesseJames
03-20-2012, 04:55 PM
I think BJ still has some gas left in the tank, and if he hooks up with a team that can give him holes to run through he could be a beast.Amen

Harooni
03-21-2012, 05:44 PM
would be nice if anyone replied to the actual question at hand. lol

jomo
03-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Why would they start now rooni? [;)]

Harooni
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Why would they start now rooni? [;)]

hah ,it seems like people go off into heated discussions and the OP is left with his keaster in the wind.

all i want to know is , if BJ has worked out for any team or any team even call him?

derekunion28
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
um how bout them knicks...lol wish i knew the answer roonie.....

GmenFan1980
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Because running backs are a dime a dozen? Experience for what? how to run?

What am I saying that is easy? All those things can be coached from a RB coach can they not?</P>

then how come every team doesnt have an All Pro RB....???</P>

its about desire, hard work, AND talent. Talent at the RB postion is a mix of natural and coached skill. You need great vision and feel for the game. Not to mention all the other resposiblities that go along with it. </P>

All postions are a dime a dozen. But very good players at individual postions are not...</P>

*</P>

2 points.

1. WHAT DID I SAY WAS SO EASY?

2. what in any of that can a RB coach not teach you, but an "experienced" RB can?

Firenugget
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
tip toe burglar lol...Nah, I don't think alot of teams will be interested. At least not for the money he thinks he's worth.

n420p69
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
I would be surprised if BJ generates a whole lot of interest out there. While I love what he has done here and his fire he has a lot of miles and baggage on him. If he didn't re-sign here it wouldn't be surprising if he doesn't play at all this year.

Harooni
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM
That would be something if BJ came back and then reese offered him only a mill this time.

i think we could still use him and he still wants to be a giant.