PDA

View Full Version : Manning to the Skins?

Tuckit91
12-07-2011, 11:13 PM
<DIV class=player>Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning) - QB - Colts (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/ind/colts) </DIV>
<DIV class=report>

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes the Colts can indeed trade Peyton Manning if they get Manning to rework his $28 million option bonus.</P></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>"There are a lot of ways to get around this, but clearly re-doing the contract is the first step," said Lombardi, a former NFL GM. Manning's $28 million option is due right around the start of the new league year, so the Colts will need quick cooperation from both Peyton and another team in order to pull this off, particularly if Manning won't delay the payment. Lombardi suspects the Colts will try to trade him out of the conference to an NFC team, suggesting the Redskins. "Lot of money, lot of availability," said Lombardi. "And oh, by the way, they really need a quarterback badly. They need a signature face on their franchise." </DIV>
<DIV class=impact></DIV>
<DIV class=impact></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>That would make the Skins 100 x better.. Anyone think it will happen?</DIV>
<DIV class=impact></DIV>

gmen0820
12-07-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't think Archie wants them in the same division.

But I think it would be weird. Can't see it.

giantman8493
12-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Wait..... is this serious? I never paid any attention to manning being traded rumors before but this seems thought out. I mean what if Luck busts?

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Yea that would SUCK lol.... I have no problem if he was in the same Conference but not in our division.

Imagine if he was, how crazy would the manning hype be especially if it happened twice a year for another 3-4 yrs.

BigBlue1971
12-07-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't think Archie wants them in the same division. But I think it would be weird. Can't see it.</P>

</P>

since you mentioned it, Archie may be the final decider on this issue. lol</P>

ny06
12-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't think Archie wants them in the same division. <FONT color=#0000ff>But I think it would be weird. Can't see it.</FONT></P>

It would be odd to see him in anything other then Colt blue.</P>

But there has been numerous times in thehistory of the NFL an all-time qb plays for another franchise at the end of there career. </P>

Ex. Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas </P>

Tuckit91
12-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't think Archie wants them in the same division. But I think it would be weird. Can't see it.</P>

</P>

since you mentioned it, Archie may be the final decider on this issue. lol</P>

</P>

</P>

Be sad if a grown man cant go play somewhere because of his Dad..lol</P>

Redeyejedi
12-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decade

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decadeDisagree (that is if he is healthy). If he is healthy he can easily play 3-5 more years, and his ability will still be there.

Not to mention the skins have a good defense. There biggest issue would be Wrs, which they can fix asap, and they could easily sell players to come and play w/Peyton for 3-5 years.

Redeyejedi
12-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Peyton would hold all the cards to his destination.I doubt he would restructure to get sent to play for Dan Snyder

ebick
12-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decade</P>

Be another bad move for the DeadSkins.......They won't be any good until Snyder is out of the equation.</P>

jhamburg
12-07-2011, 11:34 PM
<DIV class=player>Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning) - QB - Colts (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/ind/colts) </DIV>
<DIV class=report>

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes the Colts can indeed trade Peyton Manning if they get Manning to rework his $28 million option bonus.</P></DIV>
<DIV class=impact>"There are a lot of ways to get around this, but clearly re-doing the contract is the first step," said Lombardi, a former NFL GM. Manning's $28 million option is due right around the start of the new league year, so the Colts will need quick cooperation from both Peyton and another team in order to pull this off, particularly if Manning won't delay the payment. Lombardi suspects the Colts will try to trade him out of the conference to an NFC team, suggesting the Redskins. "Lot of money, lot of availability," said Lombardi. "And oh, by the way, they really need a quarterback badly. They need a signature face on their franchise." </DIV>
<DIV class=impact>*</DIV>
<DIV class=impact>That would make the Skins 100 x better.. Anyone think it will happen?</DIV>

I'll believe it when I see it. Which is never, because this is not happening.

Although from a football prospective, it's sad to say but wouldn't you rather play for the Redskins than the Colts right now?

Drez
12-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decadeDisagree (that is if he is healthy). If he is healthy he can easily play 3-5 more years, and his ability will still be there. Not to mention the skins have a good defense. There biggest issue would be Wrs, which they can fix asap, and they could easily sell players to come and play w/Peyton for 3-5 years.</P>

Even though I think Peyton could play another few years if he actually get's back to 100%, I don't know if the Skins would be in play for him. They just have too many holes on their team to give up the number of picks/players that the Colts would likely want.</P>

But, then again, as the Colts have proven this season, Peyton is the type of player that covers up a lot of holes.</P>

TopleyBird
12-07-2011, 11:39 PM
The Colts are vastly over thinking all this.

Step 1: Draft Luck

Step 2: Have Manning be the starter another 2 years so Luck can study under him

Step 3: Profit

egyptian420
12-07-2011, 11:46 PM

You're nuts if you think Luck isn't going to be a starter in his first 2 years

gmen0820
12-07-2011, 11:51 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7324506/archie-manning-says-peyton-manning-andrew-luck-duo-indianapolis-colts-not-good-either

NYfanatic
12-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Manning would go to the: (if he could of choose)
Chiefs
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Dolphins
Peyton would have a lot of say and those would be the teams that I think he would say yes to.

shotcalla39
12-08-2011, 12:05 AM

You're nuts if you think Luck isn't going to be a starter in his first 2 years

How many years before Rodgers started in GB?

Also , I think Peyton and the manning family has sat back and watched the Colts all season and I don't think he will be back there next year.. he has only a few years left and they know he won't win with Indy.... If he goes to the 9ers they r scary

Marvelousmik
12-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decadeDisagree (that is if he is healthy). If he is healthy he can easily play 3-5 more years, and his ability will still be there.

Not to mention the skins have a good defense. There biggest issue would be Wrs, which they can fix asap, and they could easily sell players to come and play w/Peyton for 3-5 years.

i wouldnt be surprised if he played 10 more years (if healthy).

the wrs wont be a problem for peyton

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 01:11 AM

i wouldnt be surprised if he played 10 more years (if healthy).

the wrs wont be a problem for peyton
didnt say it would be a problem, never has been for Peyton, Brady nor Eli, but it could only help.

giantman8493
12-08-2011, 01:24 AM
The colts have bigger holes to fill than qb. they need a lot. they should trade back for more picks to get more talent.

G-Men Surg.
12-08-2011, 01:31 AM
<DIV class=report>

Yea right , the Redskins ???? The same Redskins this clown said they would win the NFC East this year !?!?! I don't know if he has a crush on the Deadskins or if he's after a job down in DC . I have not put any weight on his opinion for a long time even after the stupidity of commenting that they would win the division this year. Somebody has to say to him that everybody has always known for a long time that drugs are bad for your health and stop using them.

BBlueSince82
12-08-2011, 03:22 AM
<DIV class=report>

The Colts MAY trade Peyton and draft Luck; but if they do, mark this down right now, it will NOT be the Redskins. No Way. They are not close enough to being a SB contender, and their FO sucks, which I am sure Peyton knows.

Teams I can see Peyton going to, that are SB ready except for maybe a great QB: 49ers(Peyton with that defense??), Kansas City(Good Oline, talented defense), Tennessee Titans(bye bye Hasselbeck), Bears(depending on whats up with Cutler, plus fairly close to Indianapolis). Doubtful but possible; Raiders, Vikings, Cardinals(Peyton+Fitz=WOW)... The dark horse, and I believe a very good possibility, the Jets, Sanchez has been underwhelming at best so far, even Rex Ryan, after losing to NE said, "see what a GREAT QB can do." Now I know that in no way directly impunes Sanchez, but cmon, we can read between the lines.

Overall i say best chances: 49ers, KC, Tennessee, and the Jets. (plus Jets could get a lot for Sanchez most likely as there are still a lot of teams in need of a dependable, franchise-like QB..

Redeyejedi
12-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Manning would go to the: (if he could of choose)
Chiefs
Niners
Seahawks
Cardinals
Dolphins
Peyton would have a lot of say and those would be the teams that I think he would say yes to.

They cant trade him if he doesnt restructure.He wont restructure unless he picks the team

nygsb42champs
12-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Anything is possible but I can not see it happening.

bleedinblue27
12-08-2011, 09:10 AM
he would be a perfect fix in Miami!!

GameTime
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
he is going to have to restructure just for the fact that they don't know the status of his injury. he hasnt been cleared to play and who knows when he will be and howwhat % for the risk of reinjury.</P>

Peyton has leverage but everything hinges on the status of his injury</P>

</P>

blueomaha
12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
i'm really concerned about Payton...i just hope he makes the right decision...

rebelfan1966
12-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Manning Bowl twice a year..... I can dig it.

dannydufflebags
12-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Manning bowl, jets vs giants, super bowl at the meadowlands. Insan-o

RagTime Blue
12-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decade

Yup.

bigblue58
12-08-2011, 12:04 PM
<DIV class=report>

The Colts are out of their minds to even consider getting rid of Manning, now that all recent updates of his condition point to his getting better finally, which would return the Colts to a winning offense.
If they get the first pick, they should choose Luck and let him watch and learn UNDER Manning, not bet the farm that he can replace him outright
And don't tell me how good the kid is, because the list of hot shot first round QB's being garbage in the NFL is a mile long.......and don't tell me about him being the heismann trophy winner, because the list of Heismann winners who went on to be garbage in the NFL is TWO miles long!

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
If Peyton is healthy, they should trade the #1 for a bunch of picks and get a QB a little later who can sit behind Manning for a while. Luck probably doesn't want to do that after seeing Newton and Dalton play right away. Luck isn't the only good QB in the draft. My guess is that he's overrated, because how could he not be with everyone talking about him like he can walk on water.

easterbeast
12-08-2011, 12:31 PM
the colts should just trade for picks and actually try to
build a good team

C1010
12-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Honestly I think Lombardi is just trying to get attention. Manning has taken the Colts from irrelevant to a powerhouse. Look at the team now without him. I highly doubt he gets traded. He will either retire or come back. If they draft Luck, he will be backup similar to the Rogers/Favre years in GB.

DEgiants89
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Yea that would SUCK lol.... I have no problem if he was in the same Conference but not in our division.

Imagine if he was, how crazy would the manning hype be especially if it happened twice a year for another 3-4 yrs.

yeah dude....but skins have garbage line and WRs right now. Horrible in judging talent and you think the Shanahan family is going to let Peyton run his own offense?

greenca190
12-08-2011, 04:54 PM

yeah dude....but skins have garbage line and WRs right now. Horrible in judging talent and you think the Shanahan family is going to let Peyton run his own offense?

I was just going to bring that up. Manning an shannahan will clash. I dont see him going to the niners either. Harbaugh won't be able to put up with a quarterback who is uncoachable.

rainierjef
12-08-2011, 06:15 PM
why does everyone think luck is nfl ready, why not draft the best prospect too learn under the best and i mean the best over brady and rodgers QB field general in the league

gmen46
12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
why does everyone think luck is nfl ready, why not draft the best prospect too learn under the best and i mean the best over brady and rodgers QB field general in the league

Because #1 Overall draft picks are NEVER picked to sit and "learn from the best" for more than a few games into their rookie season.

People here who insist upon comparing a Luck-Manning situation to the Rodgers-Favre situation are just wack.

First, Rodgers was not a #1 overall pick.

Second, when Rodgers was drafted the Packers FO expected Favre to retire end of that year (2005), or at the LATEST the following year, not 3 years later.

The Colts are in a completely different situation than the Packers were at that time. Manning has made it clear that IF NOT FORCED by his neck to retire, he's not thinking of retiring for several years yet.

The Colts have a very difficult decision to make--stay with Peyton for another 3, 4, 5 highly productive years and pass on Luck?

Pick Luck, trade Peyton (knowing they're not about to pay Luck millions to ride the bench for 3 years or more, nor will Luck settle for that), only to find that Luck doesn't convert to the NFL very well, or that he's brittle like Stafford?

Stay with Peyton or take leap of faith with Luck?

Personally, I like the suggestion made earlier in this thread of staying with Peyton (and hope for at least another 3-4 seasons from Peyton to produce Peyton-like seasons) and try to trade their #1 pick for several high and mid-round picks from the next 2-3 classes.

And look for Peyton to mentor a prospect 3-4 years from now when he's closer to retirement and there is another highly touted prospect.

Slunk3AM
12-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Archie made Peyton take a backup role with the Giants in order to coach Eli. LOL

hungrrrry
12-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Yea that would SUCK lol.... I have no problem if he was in the same Conference but not in our division. Imagine if he was, how crazy would the manning hype be especially if it happened twice a year for <U>another 3-4 yrs</U>. Are you kidding, Peyton's career could be extended another 10 years, at least,in Washington since they haven't had a QB of any decent calibur since...since...since uhhh...</P>

It makes sense for Peyton's career but I think he would prefer to remain in the AFC so there is always the chance that the brothers can face eachother in the Superbowl someday...I am sure Archie sees it that way.</P>

BlueSanta
12-09-2011, 12:32 PM

They would have 1to tie up too much money in the QB position. Luck is going ot get a huge contract and Peyton already has 1.

They would have to hire Canadian football players at the league minimum to play all the other positions.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
12-10-2011, 01:09 AM
IDK about you guys but I think I WOULD LOVE to see both Mannings in the same division. Those would be 2 awesome games every year.

SRTtoZ
12-10-2011, 03:38 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Archie made Peyton take a
backup role with the Giants in order to coach Eli. LOL

Peyton would start over Eli any day.

Bashum_Blue
12-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Archie made Peyton take a backup role with the Giants in order to coach Eli. LOL

All you guys talking like Archie has a say so really need to stop drinking the AJ Smith kool aid.

This daddy's boy **** is pretty ****ing stupid. They're filthy rich quarterbacks with wives and children that can make up their own minds about their own careers.

greenca190
12-11-2011, 12:13 PM

They would have 1to tie up too much money in the QB position. Luck is going ot get a huge contract and Peyton already has 1.

They would have to hire Canadian football players at the league minimum to play all the other positions.

I dunno. Cam newton signed on for four years/22 million as the number one pick last year. Seems doable to pay both.