PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any skinny on Chad Jones???

bklyn1028
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I saw him I think at the NFC championship games on the sidelines, but am curious what his health is, and if he'll be on the roster.

XxBigWhitxX
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM
here you go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJIKJQOjrEI&feature=related)

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
he is fully healthy, has been for a bit, but he is still regaining his athleticism

Will compete in camp for a spot on the roster.

bklyn1028
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
I hope to God this kid makes it. What determination!

wolfie
WOW!!!</P>

Hisprogress is unbelieveable. Way to go Chad!!!!</P>

DownWitJPP
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2011/10/ex-tiger_jones_miracle_appears.html

I really hope he makes it back, he was awesome at LSU. Dreadlocks of doom!!! check out some of his big hit on youtube..wow!

Kruunch
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
he is fully healthy, has been for a bit, but he is still regaining his athleticism

Will compete in camp for a spot on the roster.

He hasn't been cleared by Giants' doctors to play yet. Just to participate in the off-season conditioning program.

Big question is whether he can take the hits.

GMENAGAIN
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Damn, he's a big-*** safety. Any chance that they could put him at LB???</P>

What a great story if he is able to come back and be a productive player . . . . .</P>

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
He hasn't been cleared by Giants' doctors yet.

Only because they havent had any reason to clear him.

Kruunch
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
He hasn't been cleared by Giants' doctors yet.

Only because they havent had any reason to clear him.

He needs to be medically cleared (as do all players) for any team activity participation.

Optional off season conditioning programs are the first step.

Mini camps will be second.

OTAs will be the last step before competing for a roster spot.

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 05:34 PM
[

He needs to be medically cleared (as do all players) for any team activity participation.

Right, which is why they give all players a physical on their return to camp.

I see no reason why Jones wouldnt be cleared to be on the field. Theres nothing about his injury that says contact is a big issue.

jomo
03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
[

I see no reason why Jones wouldnt be cleared to be on the field. Theres nothing about his injury that says contact is a big issue.He could be Grant's replacement.

Kruunch
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
[

I see no reason why Jones wouldnt be cleared to be on the field. Theres nothing about his injury that says contact is a big issue.

That's what MRIs and X-Rays are for.

Running and cutting again is great. But if his leg doesn't have integrity the first hit will put him back in the hospital.

Up until now, all his rehab has been strength and conditioning.

That's why he hasn't been cleared for OTAs yet (and he's requested it).

P.S. - His lower leg is entirely reconstructed from his calf to his heel. It's the biggest question mark right now.

DownWitJPP
03-20-2012, 05:44 PM
[

I see no reason why Jones wouldnt be cleared to be on the field. Theres nothing about his injury that says contact is a big issue.He could be Grant's replacement. correct, I have been saying this for a few weeks now. I think he will be Grant's replacement if he's fully recovered. This kid hits hard, I can't wait til he's on the field

we still might draft another safetly though because Kenny Phillips is a FA next year

GIANTfaninFL
03-20-2012, 05:46 PM
No skinny, but i do have a chubby for him

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 05:49 PM
That's what MRIs and X-Rays are for..

Eh, players have broken legs and calves and what not before, its not all that rare. All the injuries together are whats rare.

I dont think he is much different than Seubert coming back from a broken leg.

The giants medical staff was there throughout the surgery and everything making sure it all went well. I doubt very much he is at the point he is at now when there could be something so wrong with the operation they did that he cant play football. Someone would have noticed by now.

Kruunch
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
That's what MRIs and X-Rays are for..

Eh, players have broken legs and calves and what not before, its not all that rare. All the injuries together are whats rare.

I dont think he is much different than Seubert coming back from a broken leg.

The giants medical staff was there throughout the surgery and everything making sure it all went well. I doubt very much he is at the point he is at now when there could be something so wrong with the operation they did that he cant play football. Someone would have noticed by now.

Equating Chad Jones' injury to a simple broken bone is a bit disingenuous or you just don't understand how severe his injury was.

He didn't just break a leg ... it was smashed and entirely fractured. His foot was entirely severed except for soft tissue and he lost the blood supply to it for an extended period of time.

Seubert's spiral facture was devastating and *most* players don't come back from that (Theisman being a good example). His rehab and subsequent come-back was amazing and not acknowledged nearly enough.

Chad Jones' injury makes Seubert's look like hang nail by comparison.

DownWitJPP
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
some Chad highlights

punt return TD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znj7t2vawoI

" The Hit"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By9yMvenZVc

got a penalty for it, but WOW what a hit!! lol

Out of Exile
03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Hope he makes the team. Even if he just had a good career playing special teams, that be a huge accomplishment, considering how banged up he was. Obviously, I wanna see him lay the hammer down at safety.

GreenZone
03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Here's a bonus part of Pam Oliver's interview with Chad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlckRqRdnKk&amp;feature=related) from late December:

Don't you find it interesting all the miracles that happen around the Giants? Thanks, Duke for your faith and prayers that live on.

timmytimm3
03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
If Peyton is cleared with all his neck surguries, I don't think he'll have a problem.

TuckYou
03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Its a miricle he survived, and now he is gearing up to play in the NFL again. I think he will make it happen. And one thing is for sure, he loves the Giants organization because they took care of everything even though he never had one practice with the team. He wants to pay his due and get back out there and dominate. Why did he go in the 3rd round out of college? Anyone know?

XxBigWhitxX
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Him coming back and also Austin as well is like getting an extra 2 draft picks.

WR4Life
03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
What a great story it would be if he can come back and contribute in some way to a championship run. First Herzlich. Then Chad Jones? The Giants are a team of movie-worthy stories.