PDA

View Full Version : Should prince take T2s spot?

nevada11
03-20-2012, 04:42 PM
My old thread with T2's lowlight video got deleted

Guess it was from a terrell thomas fan who couldn't fathom seeing T2 get abused

I think bcus of that video i think prince should be the starter unless he has a bad camp.. T2 should be a backup especially if u watch that video

NYFan221
03-20-2012, 05:05 PM
doesn't matter, if T2 is healthy, he starts with prince behind him. He.s proven, prince hasn't done anything.

Only way this happens is if T2 tanks, or gets re injured, then prince will start ahead of him late into the season.

why do you hate him so much?

CGYgiant
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
doesn't matter, if T2 is healthy, he starts with prince behind him. He.s proven, prince hasn't done anything.

Only way this happens is if T2 tanks, or gets re injured, then prince will start ahead of him late into the season.

why do you hate him so much?

Profootballfocus says teams threw for 940 yards on TT when he started outside CB (2010)

When he played slot he only allowed 400 something, i forgot the exact number but im sure someone can find it.

TT playing outside is a legitimate concern imo

DownWitJPP
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Prince is a first round draft choice, also an All American, he is not some scrub CB. He will most likely start on the outside with T2 in the slot

they may even use T2 as a safety now (Gran't role) with Tryon in the slot

JesseJames
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
both Prince and T2 have a lot to prove as far as I'm concerned, Prince has to show he is 1st round quality and T2 has to prove he can still play at a high level

TheEnigma
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Prince came into the 2011 NFL draft as a possible top 10 pick. He displayed flashes of his ability during the playoff run.

Barring any injuries, I'd be shocked to see TT beat him for the outside job.

DownWitJPP
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Prince came into the 2011 NFL draft as a possible top 10 pick. He displayed flashes of his ability during the playoff run.

Barring any injuries, I'd be shocked to see TT beat him for the outside job. agreed, as long as his foot is totally healed Prince will start

Kruunch
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Pssst ... we use the Nickle package quite often.

Chances are you will see CWeb, Prince and T2 on the field together a ton.

DownWitJPP
03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
pssst....scroll back up! lol I said this already

anyway yes I agree with you

Vtgmenfan89
03-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Pssst ... we use the Nickle package quite often.

Chances are you will see CWeb, Prince and T2 on the field together a ton.

This is true....I just really really hope T2 is outside almost never. He really is nowhere near as good as people think he is. They see his big stats and think he's a pro bowl corner...he's not. 100 tackles at CB? Not ok

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 06:18 PM
they said last season that T2 would be moved around more and be the slot guy, as well as play some safety.

I see no reason why that should change.

T2 said after he resigned that he was excited to play in the slot and that Rolle will be happy he can go back to safety.

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
100 tackles at CB? Not ok

T2 was the best run support CB in the league...

Vtgmenfan89
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
100 tackles at CB? Not ok

T2 was the best run support CB in the league...

I agree he was terrific in run support, but nonetheless if you're getting that many tackles at that position you are giving up way too many catches and in combination of that too many yards. However this is a big reason to why he will be much better in the slot, in response to your other post. I was very very happy to hear he was excited to take that role and I hope it's the one he gets in training camp. Great blitzer, great tackler and pretty good at ball hawking, so being around the ball closer to the LOS will be good for him. I just don't like him as a true cover corner on the outside, and Webster and Prince should take those roles.

WR4Life
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm still voting hes being given a hard time for who he had to cover in those games. I'm sure you could assemble clips of anyone in the league and make them look horrible.

dave56dj
03-20-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm sure BECAUSE of your video - which hilariously showed one side of thomas only - Jerry will make sure to let Coughlin know that Thomas is the nickel and Prince the starter despite Prince having very little NFL experience (By the way I can make a tape that would make Prince look horrifying and for Webster as well). Because every corner gets beat - essentially making your video pointless.

That said T2 was brought back on a prove it contract - if he doesn't come back well for injury they can move on and have lost little. If he does then he will have earned the options and incentives. Essentially Reese and co feel that Thomas is an improvement over ross, and while you question that I'm sure you questioned either JPP's drafting or Boss moving on - or Smith - or our TE's or a host of other moves JERRY got right. So continue to question him but know that YOU DO NOT KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT FOOTBALL THEN HE OR TOM or Ross. You do not watch practice - you see snaps on SUNDAY and thats it - that is not enough for you to judge the way they must. And the 2 superbowls should serve as a bank of credit you might want to give to him.

Axels15
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Barring any injuries, I'd be shocked to see TT beat him for the outside job. agreed, as long as his foot is totally healed Prince will start

Coming into the NFL as anything doesn't matter.

I think TT is much better in the slot, so I think when three cbs are on the field, he plays there. When it's only two, he'll play over Prince, at least to start

GMENAGAIN
03-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Prince is a first round draft choice, also an All American, he is not some scrub CB. He will most likely start on the outside with T2 in the slot they may even use T2 as a safety now (Gran't role) with Tryon in the slot</P>

+1</P>

BlueBlooded1979
03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
My old thread with T2's lowlight video got deleted

Guess it was from a terrell thomas fan who couldn't fathom seeing T2 get abused

I think bcus of that video i think prince should be the starter unless he has a bad camp.. T2 should be a backup especially if u watch that video

They deleted your thread ?If true, thats is very shady. It is one thing to poorly filter for vulgarity it is another to just remove stuff you disagree with.