PDA

View Full Version : Eagles get probowl MLB Demeco Ryans for chump change!!!

TheIncredibleErk
03-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Eagles give texans 4th round pick for MLB Demeco Ryans. The teams also swap 3rd round picks!!!

What is going in here!!! Why couldn't the giants do this trade!!!!!!!

Probowl MLB with 130 tackles a year!

I'm angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
I was a big fan of his when he came into the league, but he has not been nearly the same player since his achilles injury.

Texans took him off the field on passing downs as well.

Its an upgrade for the Eagles, but Im not so sure Ryans ever returns to anything approaching his rookie form.

TheIncredibleErk
03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Am I the only won who is P'd off at this. 4th round pick is chump change !

Not only did we miss out. But the eagles just upgraded their LBers big time

TheIncredibleErk
03-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I was a big fan of his when he came into the league, but he has not been nearly the same player since his achilles injury.

Its an upgrade for the Eagles, but Im not so sure Ryans ever returns to anything approaching his rookie form.

He returned just fine in 2011 from the injury. Problem is that he's not a 3-4 LB and his production fell off. He is a true 4-3 every down ACE

NewYorkSwagg
03-20-2012, 08:03 PM
LOLOLOLOL....I guess the Eagles won't stop, but it's cool we have a up and coming MLB in Herlich so everyone calm down lets give him a chance.

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 08:04 PM
He returned just fine in 2011 from the injury. Problem is that he's not a 3-4 LB and his production fell off. He is a true 4-3 every down ACE

Disagree. He wasent the same player.

NewYorkSwagg
03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Herzlich

GMENAGAIN
03-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Am I the only won who is P'd off at this. 4th round pick is chump change ! Not only did we miss out. But the eagles just upgraded their LBers big time</P>

Why do you think that he was available for a 4th round pick? </P>

I'm just hoping that this causes Kuechly to drop in the draft (a lot of mocks had the Eagles taking him at 15).</P>

GMenNY21
03-20-2012, 08:07 PM

Disagree. He wasent the same player.this.....
The Texans obviously know something the eagles don't... What else is new

TheEnigma
03-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Am I the only won who is P'd off at this. 4th round pick is chump change ! Not only did we miss out. But the eagles just upgraded their LBers big time</P>

Why do you think that he was available for a 4th round pick?* </P>

I'm just hoping that this causes Kuechly to drop in the draft (a lot of mocks had the Eagles taking him at 15).</P>Yeah if Kuechly ends up dropping all the way down to 32 (doubt it though), the joke will be on the Eagles.

NewYorkSwagg
03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
We should have re-signed smith - we should have re- signed boss - we should not have drafted jpp - we should never have let shockey go - eli is terrible (accorsi's guy actually) darell scott should get more pt - why havent we signed BIG names - why do the eagles jets and skins sign everyone.

STOPPPPITTTTTTTTTT - PLEASE - WE HAVE 2 SUPERBOWLS UNDER REESE - shut up.

Drez
03-20-2012, 08:24 PM
He returned just fine in 2011 from the injury. Problem is that he's not a 3-4 LB and his production fell off. He is a true 4-3 every down ACE Disagree. He wasent the same player.</P>

Even if he was the same, which I'm not sure he is, we couldn't afford his contract. He's due a base of about $6m this year and $7m next year.</P>

slipknottin
03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Even if he was the same, which I'm not sure he is, we couldn't afford his contract. He's due a base of about $6m this year and $7m next year.</P>

Also very true. Giants would have needed to make further cuts/restructures.

And all the restructures are doing is making it harder for them to resign Nicks/Cruz/JPP in the future

Martyr
03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Eagles = offseason champs

Flip Empty
03-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Eagles give texans 4th round pick for MLB Demeco Ryans. The teams also swap 3rd round picks!!!

His contract pays him $8mil per season for the next four years.
After his injury, the Texans probably don't trust him anymore and wanted to ditch his contact while they still could.
This could end up backfiring on the Eagles.

Sarcasman
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM

Probowl MLB with 130 tackles a year!

I'm angry. And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

I'm sure I wouldn't like you even if you were happy.

myles2424
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Haven't you heard? LBs aren't important & virtually any LB will do..... Someone get me some red font....

egyptian420
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM

Couldn't agree more

G-Men Surg.
03-20-2012, 09:00 PM

This .

mikeq672
03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Haven't you heard? LBs aren't important &amp; virtually any LB will do..... Someone get me some red font....

That would be funny and all if we just didnt win the superbowl with chase blackburn and a bunch of undrafted or 7th round pick rookies

Drez
03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Even if he was the same, which I'm not sure he is, we couldn't afford his contract. He's due a base of about $6m this year and $7m next year.

</P>

Also very true. Giants would have needed to make further cuts/restructures. And all the restructures are doing is making it harder for them to resign Nicks/Cruz/JPP in the future</P>

Yeah, and the people crying that we should have gotten him would be the first to call him a bust and criticize Reese for "over paying" if he didn't play like LT, Ray Lewis, and **** Butkus all rolled into one.</P>

lawl
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
It just shows that MLB is not an important position

TheEnigma
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
It just shows that MLB is not an important positionWe already have future HoFer Chase Blackburn anyway. The only reason he's on the FA market at the moment is because we are trying to give other teams a fair chance to succeed.

dave56dj
03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Of course you are angry - we are only coming off a superbowl season after an offseason where we had NO BIG NAME FREE AGENTS - and let go of SMITH AND BOSS. As i said before.

We should have re-signed smith - we should have re- signed boss - we
should not have drafted jpp - we should never have let shockey go -
eli is terrible (accorsi's guy actually) darell scott should get more pt
- why havent we signed BIG names - why do the eagles jets and skins
sign everyone.

STOPPPPITTTTTTTTTT - PLEASE - WE HAVE 2 SUPERBOWLS UNDER REESE - shut up.

DO you realize Nicks will need to be paid - so will cruz - so will JPP. In the case of Nicks top 5 money - perhaps cruz too - and jpp may be the best end in the game. RELAX and try and enjoy THE SUPERBOWL VICTORY - or keep crying about a LB who has not looked nearly as good coming of acl surgery - was outplayed by almost all of our "not so special LB's" and who has a major contract - could it be the Eagles are desperate at LB - oh why they are.

myles2424
03-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Haven't you heard? LBs aren't important & virtually any LB will do..... Someone get me some red font....

That would be funny and all if we just didnt win the superbowl with chase blackburn and a bunch of undrafted or 7th round pick rookies

We also won the superbowl with a crap Oline & no running game.......so is that not necessary either? Clown..

TheIncredibleErk
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I never doubt Reese first of all. And yes 6 mill is a lot. But I'm just saying... A 4th round pick... No matter how much Ryan's talent has dropped off, the chances of us finding a Ryan with a 4th rounders is like 1/10000. So to me the 4th round is worth it (with a restructured contract of course)

Drez
03-20-2012, 10:12 PM
I never doubt Reese first of all. And yes 6 mill is a lot. But I'm just saying... A 4th round pick... No matter how much Ryan's talent has dropped off, the chances of us finding a Ryan with a 4th rounders is like 1/10000. So to me the 4th round is worth it (with a restructured contract of course)</P>

Taking on a contract that needs to be restructured only hurts us in the long run. He'd actually have to renegotiate his contract, and who knows if he'd be willing to do that.</P>

dave56dj
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Nice caveat in parenthesis - a restructured contract the eagles DID NOT GET. So you want him for a 4th but now you realize the cap wouldnt work so your backing off. The giants have to be fiscally responsible knowing nicks cruz jpp and several others will need to be paid soon.

And yes MLB is still an important position the giants play different schemes where they often hide the natural backer - but that does not mean it is not important.

Drez
03-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Nice caveat in parenthesis - a restructured contract the eagles DID NOT GET. So you want him for a 4th but now you realize the cap wouldnt work so your backing off. The giants have to be fiscally responsible knowing nicks cruz jpp and several others will need to be paid soon.

And yes MLB is still an important position the giants play different schemes where they often hide the natural backer - but that does not mean it is not important.
</P>

I think it's more accurate to sat that LB is less important in our system or even the least important group, not that they are not important.</P>

dave56dj
03-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Drez I would agree to some extent - but in the base packages the MLB is still very important. But certainly Fewell has masked a lot with the 3 safety sets which he loves and last year he essentially had Boley playing a hybrid mike at times. But let me say this - if we had a stud MLB like a willis he would be in the field at all times and a great help to our D (well any d for that matter)

KennyPhilips1
03-21-2012, 03:58 PM
LOLOLOLOL....I guess the Eagles won't stop, but it's cool we have a up and coming MLB in Herlich so everyone calm down lets give him a chance.

Come on man ryans is in a totally different ballpark then herzlich. The kids a good story but I really can't see him being our starting inside linebacker. I just think people are overhyping him

mikeq672
03-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Haven't you heard? LBs aren't important &amp; virtually any LB will do..... Someone get me some red font....

We also won the superbowl with a crap Oline &amp; no running game.......so is that not necessary either? Clown..

Where did I say linebackers were not important?

Jon6777
03-24-2012, 04:33 AM
The 3-4 requires 2 good MLBs so there must be something wrong with the guy if the Texans were willing to part with him for only a 4th rounder.