PDA

View Full Version : What Was Your Sports "Rock Bottom"

Bread
03-20-2012, 08:42 PM
We've all had low points in our sports fandom lives but for you, what was the absolute lowest point?

For me, its a tie between you guys winning the SB this year, the Sandusky thing (PSU is my alma mater) and Jerome Brown's death years ago.

What about you guys?

(No smack talk please)

giantyankee1976
03-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Yanks losing to Arizona...what the flip !!!

New York Knicks basketball

Giants jinx with your Eagles.

GmenFan1980
03-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Meltdown in New Meadowlands to the Eagles :(.

ShockeyShow
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Meltdown in New Meadowlands to the Eagles :(.

It's got to be a tie between The "Meltdown", Michael Jordan retiring, and the Billy Gillispie era of UK Basketball.

Bad, very Bad years altogether

NYFan221
03-20-2012, 11:13 PM
boston coming back in the alcs after the yanks were up three games to none.

the last season of the old yankee stadium.

giants losing in the last game of the meadowlands.

the second miracle in the meadowlands.

Axels15
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
In pure sports, it was the Giants losing to Desean Jackson's punt return

In the sports world in general, its basically any time violence erupts, especially when it ends in death, as a result of a game

Bohemian
03-21-2012, 12:44 AM
I have been lucky for being spared from watching the 'meltdown at the meadowlands, parts 1 and 2)... so I will go with a few that I can remember watching.

Flipper Anderson... no need to elaborate to be sure.

San Fran comeback, and refs completely sealing it for them with the worst call in playoff history.

I guess that I could also add the super bowl against the ravens, but that was a long shot from the get go, so the loss was not unexpected there.

I am a Pistons fan, so the last few years I have not even bothered with them... a 'rock bottom' of gigantic proportions. And living in the Toronto area is kinda cool, because the Raptors at entertaining at least... but my Pistons are not even entertaining to watch.

The 2001 Giants. They had a very good team, coming of a 12 win season. During the 90s, they really had both, a transitional phase, and bad luck at the draft... but in 01' things certainly looked like they were in place for a run... but completely did not show up all year. It was clear that Fassel did not have the team's respect at all.

bLuereverie
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
2004 Yankee ALCS

1999 Knicks loss to the Spurs in Finals [knew it was the last opportunity for some time/beginning of end of Ewing as a Knick] or
Qyntel Woods missed 360. [summarized the 2000s Knicks in one play]

2003 Giants loss to SF, still pains me more than the meltdown in the meadowlands