PDA

View Full Version : HEALTHY BRADSHAW READY FOR BIGGER ROLE WITH GIANTS

RoanokeFan
03-20-2012, 11:40 PM
HEALTHY BRADSHAW READY FOR BIGGER ROLE WITH GIANTS (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/healthy_bradshaw_ready_for_bigger_4o9PMcO9dvxrFa09 09awnI)

"Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw declared himself healthy Tuesday and ready
for whatever the team asks him to do next season.<div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

With the recent release of Brandon Jacobs, the Giants may need to depend on
Bradshaw to produce like he did in 2010, when he had a career-high 276 carries
and 1,235 yards. </p>

Bradshaw was limited to 171 carries and 659 yards in 12 games this season due
to a stress fracture in his right foot.</p>

"I picture my role to be just like [it was in 2010]," Bradshaw said. "I got
the stem cell injection on my right foot that I refractured and it feels great.
I feel like I can come out this next season and be ready for whatever they give
me."
</p>Bradshaw, who has spent the majority of his Giants career splitting carries
with Jacobs, said he knew the team was going to release the bruising back, but
will miss his running mate anyway.<div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

"I kind of knew it before because I talk to [Jacobs] all of the time,"
Bradshaw said. "If he leaves Iíll miss him. Heís been established [in New York]
for seven years, so I wouldnít want him to leave for nothing."</p>

Faced with a similar situation last season, Bradshaw finds himself on the
other side and is helping Jacobs through the uncertainty.</p>

"I was going through the same situation last year with free agency and he was
doing the same thing," Bradshaw said. "He was calling me every day, he was
checking up on me."</p>

Bradshaw said Jacobsí fate is out of his control and wishes him well
regardless what happens in the future.</p>

"Whatever he does, whatever decisions are made, it's all business and I canít
do anything about it," Bradshaw said. "Wherever he goes, if he does leave, I
just hope he has a successful rest of his career."</p></div>
[/url]</div>
[url="http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/healthy_bradshaw_ready_for_bigger_4o9PMcO9dvxrFa09 09awnI"] (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/healthy_bradshaw_ready_for_bigger_4o9PMcO9dvxrFa09 09awnI#ixzz1piP0QDMF)

BigBlue1971
03-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Bradshaw is a warrior! a true Giant and hopefully spend his career here!</P>

personally i would rather he had another bruiser to help him out so he can play 16 games. </P>

if Scott breaks out that would take a lot of the pressure off!</P>

</P>

ShockeyShow
03-20-2012, 11:57 PM
I think we see Big Jacobs back in Blue next season, but still expect Bradshaw to have a huge season for us.

We are going to need it if we expect to attempt to defend the Throne this year.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-21-2012, 12:04 AM
3 headed monster this season mark my words.

Jacobs, Bradshaw &amp; Scott

NY_Eli
03-21-2012, 03:46 AM
I have no doubt that if healthy Bradshaw can be a guy to rush for 1200+ yards. The question is, can he stay healthy?

I think he plays closest to LT's mindset than anyone the giants have had since him. He goes out there like a crazed dog every chance he gets.

B-Red22
03-21-2012, 04:07 AM

Jacobs, Bradshaw & Scott

agreed, i think scott could have a huge role with a whole offseason of work

Kruunch
03-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Bradshaw can't handle his role now .... any more touches and I think his feet would explode.

GameTime
03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Bradshaw can't handle his role now .... any more touches and I think his feet would explode.</P>

agreed...AB gives his all but he hasn't been a back that coud carry the majority of the load without getting hurt for a few seasons now. The Giants need two ro three for sure...</P>

</P>

</P>

jomo
03-21-2012, 09:25 AM

Jacobs, Bradshaw &amp; Scott
agreed, i think scott could have a huge role with a whole offseason of workI liked what I saw in Scott last year.

Bigbluereckingcrew
03-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Jacobs, Bradshaw & Scott
agreed, i think scott could have a huge role with a whole offseason of workI liked what I saw in Scott last year.

R u referring to the fumbles...yeah they were nice. Scott has excellent speed but he NEEDS to focus on ball security or TC will cut his ***

nygsb42champs
03-21-2012, 10:24 AM
We are going to need him to play a bigger role. I am not impressed at all with Ware and who knows about Scott?

nycisgreat
03-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I have no doubt that if healthy Bradshaw can be a guy to rush for 1200+ yards. The question is, can he stay healthy?

I think he plays closest to LT's mindset than anyone the giants have had since him. He goes out there like a crazed dog every chance he gets.

Bradshaw has been hurt the past 2 - 3 season with the ankle injury (w/ screws inserts). The guy will not be a 100%. The guy is constantly tackled on his ankles because he is such a tough guy to bring down when you tackle him high.

Last season, when he would break out for big run, defend could've easily knock him out of bound, but instead they would tackle him in the lower leg.

nycisgreat
03-21-2012, 10:55 AM
I think if De'rel Scott is given an opportunity. I think this guy could have a huge impact on our running game.

FloydEddings2
03-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Love Bradshaw but I read this exact same article at the beginning of 2009 and again in 2010. I hope the treatment works because when he's healthy he's one of the best backs in the NFL.

B-Red22
03-23-2012, 06:43 PM

Jacobs, Bradshaw & Scott

R u referring to the fumbles...yeah they were nice. Scott has excellent speed but he NEEDS to focus on ball security or TC will cut his ***
which is why i pointed out he would have a whole offseason of work this year to work on things, nothing gets by you huh.

gmen46
03-23-2012, 07:27 PM

Bradshaw has been hurt the past 2 - 3 season with the ankle injury (w/ screws inserts). The guy will not be a 100%. The guy is constantly tackled on his ankles because he is such a tough guy to bring down when you tackle him high.

Last season, when he would break out for big run, defend could've easily knock him out of bound, but instead they would tackle him in the lower leg.

AB missed 4 games in 2011, true, but he missed zero games in 2010, 1 game in 2009 and 1 game in 2008.

So, not sure where you come up with---

"Bradshaw has been hurt the past 2 - 3 season with the ankle injury (w/ screws inserts). The guy will not be a 100%".

He's had foot issues--and PLAYED IN SPITE of them--ever since his days at Marshall.

There's no actual reason to believe he cannot play 16 games in 2012.

JJC7301
03-24-2012, 01:40 AM
AB is my favorite current Giant, but neither he nor any other RB is going to get much going if the o-line isn't improved.