PDA

View Full Version : DEMECO RYANS TRADED TO EAGLES???

dubee_j
03-20-2012, 11:40 PM
What in the world?

"The Philadelphia Eagles announced on Tuesday that they have agreed to terms on a trade with the Houston Texans, giving up a fourth-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft for linebacker DeMeco Ryans.

The teams will also exchange third-round picks as part of the deal, with the Texans getting the 77th overall choice and the Eagles getting No. 89."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827bd334/article/eagles-to-ship-draft-picks-to-texans-for-pro-bowl-lb-ryans?module=HP11_headline_stack

fletch842
03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
yeah, it's a nice pick up for them. He's a good player and will help solidify the middle.

Dirt66
03-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Would have liked JR to pull off that one!

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
I really don't understand it. I didn't watch many Texans games last year, his numbers fell off maybe he's not a good fit for 3-4?

Either way, I'm surprised his value was so low. I guess he is a big salary though.

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 12:21 AM
BTW I'm sure Mods will move this thread because it's not about the Giants, but I don't agree with that policy. The eagles making a trade like this is def. of great interest to Giants fans.

I think that big roster moves for division rivals should be OK for TAGF

Flip Empty
03-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Yeah he has a big salary so the low asking price makes it look like a cap dump.

GfieldGmen
03-21-2012, 12:58 AM
If Kuechly falls to the 20s then we should trade up and snatch him up.

McMVP
03-21-2012, 01:17 AM
If Kuechly falls to the 20s then we should trade up and snatch him up.

I don't see Kuechly getting past Seattle @ 12

Jon6777
03-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Not sure why the Texans are dumping so much salary cap space... and quality starters.

flimflam
03-21-2012, 07:20 AM
I see Kuechly very much falling to us. As far as Seattle, I can see them feeling compelled to add offensive weapons with Matt Flynn in the fold.

Kruunch
03-21-2012, 09:03 AM
I see Kuechly very much falling to us. As far as Seattle, I can see them feeling compelled to add offensive weapons with Matt Flynn in the fold.

Very doubtful on Kuechly falling to us but anything is possible (ala Prince last year).

@OP: Its a decent pickup for the Eagles but not something that's going to make me sweat the Eagles particularly.

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 09:21 AM
What in the world?

"The Philadelphia Eagles announced on Tuesday that they have agreed to terms on a trade with the Houston Texans, giving up a fourth-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft for linebacker DeMeco Ryans.

The teams will also exchange third-round picks as part of the deal, with the Texans getting the 77th overall choice and the Eagles getting No. 89."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827bd334/article/eagles-to-ship-draft-picks-to-texans-for-pro-bowl-lb-ryans?module=HP11_headline_stack

damn fine move

TuckYou
03-21-2012, 09:35 AM
WTF?!</P>

Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick! How the F%$# do the Eagles continue to rob other teams blind with trades? Ryans is a very good LB. I would of loved the Giants to trade their 3rd for him.</P>

Every year the Eagles pull off these trades that favor them so freaking much. Kolb for an early 2nd round pick and a 1st round CB?! I know Kolb would be nothing more then average. But the Cards didnt? Now the Texans give up their former DROY MLB for a 4th round pick! </P>

Does Andy Reid and company have photos to blackmail all these teams?</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
WTF?!</p>

Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick! How the F%$# do the Eagles continue to rob other teams blind with trades? Ryans is a very good LB. I would of loved the Giants to trade their 3rd for him.</p>

Every year the Eagles pull off these trades that favor them so freaking much. Kolb for an early 2nd round pick and a 1st round CB?! I know Kolb would be nothing more then average. But the Cards didnt? Now the Texans give up their former DROY MLB for a 4th round pick! </p>

Does Andy Reid and company have photos to blackmail all these teams?</p>

they got a 4th round pic kand upgraded their third orund pick for a guy that has a high salary and doesn't fit their defense. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the Eagles. They make some real nice moves like this from time to time..

question is, why wasn't the texans more vocal about this, they prob could of gotten a LITTLE more.

The problem is that LBers are not getting signed in this offseason and he has a huge contract from here on out. I mean Lofton is still out there and Tulloch JUST got signed yesterday

ANON837
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
People also have to remember, Wade Phillips changed the D to a 3-4. Ryans was not a good fit for it. In a 4-3, which Philly has, he will thrive. But I do agree, the Eagles stole him. A 4th rounder? Houston could have held out for a higher pick.

nygsb42champs
03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
For a 4th round pick it is a steal!

Redeyejedi
03-21-2012, 10:56 AM
BTW I'm sure Mods will move this thread because it's not about the Giants, but I don't agree with that policy. The eagles making a trade like this is def. of great interest to Giants fans.

I think that big roster moves for division rivals should be OK for TAGFThe Mods should delete it since there are already 5 others on the same topic that were created hours earlier.Only Message board Ive seen that allows that

LT_was_good
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
It's a nice trade for the Eagles when you consider what they gave up, but unless they get production like his rookie year it's not worth the salary.

GMENAGAIN
03-21-2012, 11:03 AM
WTF?!</P>

Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick! How the F%$# do the Eagles continue to rob other teams blind with trades? Ryans is a very good LB. I would of loved the Giants to trade their 3rd for him.</P>

Every year the Eagles pull off these trades that favor them so freaking much. Kolb for an early 2nd round pick and a 1st round CB?! I know Kolb would be nothing more then average. But the Cards didnt? Now the Texans give up their former DROY MLB for a 4th round pick! </P>

they got a 4th round pic kand upgraded their third orund pick for a guy that has a high salary and doesn't fit their defense. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the Eagles. They make some real nice moves like this from time to time..

question is, why wasn't the texans more vocal about this, they prob could of gotten a LITTLE more.

The problem is that LBers are not getting signed in this offseason and he has a huge contract from here on out. I mean Lofton is still out there and Tulloch JUST got signed yesterday
</P>

You're right. Hard to dispute that this is a good move for the Eagles. </P>

How much money did Tulloch get?</P>

</P>

</P>

McMVP
03-21-2012, 11:14 AM
It's a nice trade for the Eagles when you consider what they gave up, but unless they get production like his rookie year it's not worth the salary.*

Do you really think his salary matters?

Really?

tonyt830
03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I just saw the news come across the ticker---I had to rewind and make sure what I saw. Good move for the Eagles---I still hate them though---LOL!!!</P>

</P>

I would think the Texans could have gotten more. </P>

G-Man67
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
WTF?!</P>

</P>

or have they been robbed? ... no Super Bowls ever ... certainly their medical staff dropped the ball on Steve Smith</P>

GMENAGAIN
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
It's a nice trade for the Eagles when you consider what they gave up, but unless they get production like his rookie year it's not worth the salary.
Do you really think his salary matters? Really?</P>

Are you aware that the NFL has a salary cap?</P>

McMVP
03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
It's a nice trade for the Eagles when you consider what they gave up, but unless they get production like his rookie year it's not worth the salary.*

Thanks for the 1993 news break

Does 'his' salary really matter?

Better?

He costs less than what the FA LBs were looking for...and no new contract...meaning the Eagles can release him (if needed for any reason) with zero cap repercussions.

Redeyejedi
03-21-2012, 12:53 PM
The Eagles could of got an equal MLB in FA cheaper and not given up a pick to do it

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:56 PM
WTF?!</p>

Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick! How the F%$# do the Eagles continue to rob other teams blind with trades? Ryans is a very good LB. I would of loved the Giants to trade their 3rd for him.</p>

Every year the Eagles pull off these trades that favor them so freaking much. Kolb for an early 2nd round pick and a 1st round CB?! I know Kolb would be nothing more then average. But the Cards didnt? Now the Texans give up their former DROY MLB for a 4th round pick! </p>

</p>

You're right. Hard to dispute that this is a good move for the Eagles. </p>

How much money did Tulloch get?</p>

</p>

</p>

its undisclosed..</p>

</p>

but im actually starting to think that this wasn't that good of a move for the Eagles. Personally i'd rather have Lofton and he may end up coming cheaper and they could of kept their picks
</p>

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
The Eagles could of got an equal MLB in FA cheaper and not given up a pick to do it

well, depends on Lofton

theres nobody else besides Lofton thats equal to Ryans

McMVP
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Do you really think his salary matters? Really?</p>

Are you aware that the NFL has a salary cap?</p>

Better?

He costs less than what the FA LBs were looking for...and no new contract...meaning the Eagles can release him (if needed for any reason) with zero cap repercussions.

19.3 mil for 3 years is basically what they just got... we'll see if its cheaper

you did just give up a pick for him too

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

Tulloch and Lofton are probably better than Ryans... but we have to see what the numbers are

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I just saw the news come across the ticker---I had to rewind and make sure what I saw. Good move for the Eagles---I still hate them though---LOL!!!</p>

</p>

I would think the Texans could have gotten more. </p>

they were just looking to dump cap

no big money out there for 4-3 LBers

McMVP
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

Tulloch and Lofton are probably better than Ryans... but we have to see what the numbers are

Eagles gave up a 4th and swapped 3rds...so let's not pretend the gave up the farm (ala the Redskins). They still have their 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd, and their 4th (they had two).

They have no guaranteed money tied to Ryans...as they would with Tulloch or Lofton. As for them being 'better'? I would disagree...but that is a subjective argument... Time will tell.

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 01:15 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

Eagles gave up a 4th and swapped 3rds...so let's not pretend the gave up the farm (ala the Redskins). They still have their 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd, and their 4th (they had two).

They have no guaranteed money tied to Ryans...as they would with Tulloch or Lofton. As for them being 'better'? I would disagree...but that is a subjective argument... Time will tell.

of course u would

and if u guys signed Lofton and came on here to talk about it and I said Ryans and Tulloch are better, you probably would of said you disagreed with that as well.

It was a good value, but with the situation your team is in I would be cautious with draft picks. You have alot of money locked up and some players will be owed money. I like the move, but we have to see how much Lofton signs for before we debate whether there was a better road you could of taken.

And if your not planning to see the life of the contract with Ryans since u mentioned no guaranteed money, then i would have to say that trading the 4th rounder wasn't the best of ideas.

McMVP
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

of course u would

and if u guys signed Lofton and came on here to talk about it and I said Ryans and Tulloch are better, you probably would of said you disagreed with that as well.

It was a good value, but with the situation your team is in I would be cautious with draft picks. You have alot of money locked up and some players will be owed money. I like the move, but we have to see how much Lofton signs for before we debate whether there was a better road you could of taken.

And if your not planning to see the life of the contract with Ryans since u mentioned no guaranteed money, then i would have to say that trading the 4th rounder wasn't the best of ideas.

Incorrect...

I didn't really have interest in Lofton...visit the Falcons board if you want verification.

As for Tulloch, I was luke warm. He was available last year and I thought it was telling that the Eagles didn't go after him then...given his Washburn connection (he wanted Babin...Tulloch not as much).

I hear your point, but I don't operate that way. I'd be honest about it. Truth be told, I had no higher hopes than Fletcher and targeting Kuechly in the draft. But it's hard to not like this low risk move for the Eagles...

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

of course u would

Incorrect...

I didn't really have interest in Lofton...visit the Falcons board if you want verification.

As for Tulloch, I was luke warm. He was available last year and I thought it was telling that the Eagles didn't go after him then...given his Washburn connection (he wanted Babin...Tulloch not as much).

I hear your point, but I don't operate that way. I'd be honest about it. Truth be told, I had no higher hopes than Fletcher and targeting Kuechly in the draft. But it's hard to not like this low risk move for the Eagles...

i actually frequent there, whats your alias?

McMVP
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

of course u would

I think time has told the story of the Eagles cap management...they will never be in cap trouble under this front office. I mentioned Ryans lack of guaranteed money to emphasize how low risk this move actually is.

The guy is only 27-28. Yes he's suffered a major injury... But that was 2010. He's also now back at his best position...MIKE in a 4-3 defense.

Again...we are talking about a 4th. You won't find many people saying this was a dumb move for Philly...especially considering what their LB status was.

McMVP
03-21-2012, 01:32 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

of course u would

Incorrect...

The same...McMVP

Go there and ask about me...

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

of course u would

I think time has told the story of the Eagles cap management...they will never be in cap trouble under this front office. I mentioned Ryans lack of guaranteed money to emphasize how low risk this move actually is.

The guy is only 27-28. Yes he's suffered a major injury... But that was 2010. He's also now back at his best position...MIKE in a 4-3 defense.

Again...we are talking about a 4th. You won't find many people saying this was a dumb move for Philly...especially considering what their LB status was.

its not a dumb move, unless you are planning to cut him or if Lofton settles for like a 3mil a year deal like Tulloch had to last year.

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...

of course u would

Incorrect...

The same...McMVP

Go there and ask about me...

hahaha was just curious. Not going to check up on you

i'm meyerbudNYG

ny06
03-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Good trade by the Eagles. (hate to say it)</P>

But it makes me wonder do the Texans know something that other franchises don't about Ryans? </P>

They gave up an all pro linebackerfor nothing. </P>

</P>

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM

Better?

Do you talk to people like this in real life or only where no one can see you?

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Good trade by the Eagles. (hate to say it)</p>

But it makes me wonder do the Texans know something that other franchises don't about Ryans? </p>

They gave up an all pro linebackerfor nothing. </p>

</p>

they switched to the 3-4, hes a 4-3 MLB and not a very good 3-4 ILB

plus he has a big contract

t

Redeyejedi
03-21-2012, 02:09 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...Im not saying it was a bad deal ,Ryans is a quality player but seeing what ILB's have been getting salary wise when u factor in the picks it wasnt quite the steal its being made out to be. I do think Ryans is worth the pick in a vacuum but other cheaper options were available. Considering the Eagles would of blown the pick anyway I dont blame them for trading for other teams developed talent .We all know they cant develop there own

GiantWarfare
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
although the Eagles have upgraded their LB position...Ryans isnt the same player from before his injury...

Philthy always making flashy FA moves...never pans out in the end though, does it?

Roswell777
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
If the guy is healthy, its a great trade for the Eagles. He was the heart and soul of that D since he was drafted.

Unfortunately.

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
although the Eagles have upgraded their LB position...Ryans isnt the same player from before his injury...

Philthy always making flashy FA moves...never pans out in the end though, does it?

what are u basing that on?

Marvelousmik
03-21-2012, 03:41 PM
WTF?!</p>

+1

appletree943
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM

Really?

I'd love to hear who...Im not saying it was a bad deal ,Ryans is a quality player but seeing what ILB's have been getting salary wise when u factor in the picks it wasnt quite the steal its being made out to be. I do think Ryans is worth the pick in a vacuum but other cheaper options were available. Considering the Eagles would of blown the pick anyway I dont blame them for trading for other teams developed talent .We all know they cant develop there own on defense anyways