PDA

View Full Version : I would love to have Jacobs

Lambeau12
03-20-2012, 10:57 PM
As a Packer. What do you guys think of him being on our team. We need a running game and he is certainly one of the strongest running backs in the league and is an improvement over Starks and Grant. He is still a good running back. He has a few years left in him.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry but he's coming back home.

He would be a nice fit for you guys though.

ShockeyShow
03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Starks and Grant have had some pretty good seasons.....I'd be happy with either of them. I kinda wish we never let Grant head down the road to y'all

Lambeau12
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Hope you guys are enjoying your super bowl season. You had a hell of a run and are a great team. I never thought the Pack would win it last year either nor the Giants this year. I wonder how either team will do next year.

jhamburg
03-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I wonder how either team will do next year.

We've got elite QBs...life is good

ShockeyShow
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see either team back in contention next year. Too much talent not to.

King Sully
if we don't resign him, which I think we will, I think he may retire, he's got too much pride to take a "Prove it" deal I feel like.

Lambeau12
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
We play the Colts, Texans, Titans and Jags next year and that division will be very weak with the loss of Peyton from the Colts. We play the Seahawks, Niners, Cardinals and Rams. Another easy division.

alau53
03-20-2012, 11:44 PM
if jacobs went to greenbay they would be very lucky to have him..one of brandon's strengths is his pass blocking abilities..he will help keep rodgers uprighti

miked1958
03-21-2012, 02:24 AM
We play the Colts, Texans, Titans and Jags next year and that division will be very weak with the loss of Peyton from the Colts. We play the Seahawks, Niners, Cardinals and Rams. Another easy division.So we get the hardest schedule, and u get one of easier ones. So u also get us with the first place schedule and The Saints.

However odds are stacked against us. Not only do we get you and the niners on first place. We also get NFC south. So we get the saints and falcons along with Cams panthers and TB. We also have the steelers, ravens, tenn and Jax.

Add to that the eagles, Dallas and skins twice. We could be lucky to go 8-8 lol. And we thought we had a murders row last yr. wow

frantlj
03-21-2012, 03:42 AM
I heard on ESPN when the Peyton announcement was made that Denver had the second toughest schedule next season just behind the Giants. Yikes! That is a brutal schedule. I'm trying not to think about it. I'm going to enjoy the off season!

WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!

burier
03-21-2012, 09:58 AM
The main thing Jacobs brings as far upside is a bad attitude.

By that I mean he's a passionate player who runs with a bad attitude and likes to dish out punishment.

If he doesn't return to the Giants we're going to miss his fire. I felt he was nice counterbalance to Eli's laid back approach on offense.

Of course he's not perfect. Will put the ball on the ground from time to time.

Over-estimates his quickness resulting in dancing around in the backfield for lost yards and will draw unwanted attention to the organization if he's unhappy. And if he's not getting the number of touches he feels he should get he won't be happy and will be vocal about it..

I'm having a hard time picturing him in a Pack uni but then again I'm having a hard time picturing him in anything but blue.

G-Man67
03-21-2012, 11:42 AM
hmmm, not sure i can picture him in Packer colors ... i could see a Lambeau leap incident where he gets too fired up and head butts a cheese head</P>

don't know how much he has left in the tank ... he hasn't been over-worked for a few years now ... and there is nothing more fun than watching him run over DBs and even LBs</P>

WR4Life
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
We play the Colts, Texans, Titans and Jags next year and that division will be very weak with the loss of Peyton from the Colts. We play the Seahawks, Niners, Cardinals and Rams. Another easy division.So we get the hardest schedule, and u get one of easier ones. So u also get us with the first place schedule and The Saints.

However odds are stacked against us. Not only do we get you and the niners on first place. We also get NFC south. So we get the saints and falcons along with Cams panthers and TB. We also have the steelers, ravens, tenn and Jax.

Add to that the eagles, Dallas and skins twice. We could be lucky to go 8-8 lol. And we thought we had a murders row last yr. wow

Make that Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Browns

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM
As a Packer. What do you guys think of him being on our team. We need a running game and he is certainly one of the strongest running backs in the league and is an improvement over Starks and Grant. He is still a good running back. He has a few years left in him.

i'd prefer Starks actually. If that kid can stay healthy he can be a beast.

Plus Jacobs is pretty injury prone himself.

But unless u guys are going to over pay, odds are that hes a Giant

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM

we had a pretty rough schedule this year though to be fair

but go check the Rams schedule out lats year. They got teabagged

BlueJayC
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Still waiting for someone to come up with a link or site that lists how tough last year's schedule was.....not based on the prior year's results but from the current season's results......catch my drift?</P>

Meaning the Giants have the toughest 12/13 schedule based on the 11/12 season results.....I want to see how their 11/12 schedule ranked based on the 11/12 season results......confused yet? Been looking for this season by season schedule list everywhere and have yet to find it......anyone got any links?</P>

Harooni
03-21-2012, 08:22 PM
I bet you would [;)]

miked1958
03-21-2012, 10:09 PM

Make that Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and BrownsLol. Don't know what I was thinking.lol

JJC7301
03-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Well, you can't have him because I want him back on the Giants.

I don't think BJ is an elite back, but I do think he's better than Grant -- I still can't believe that he's been your # 1 RB for the past 5 years. Put BJ behind a good line and he'll do damage against the LBs and Safeties.

giantyankee1976
03-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Starks is good. You need a decent power back to change the pace.

I see Jacobs returning though.

w_mann5
03-22-2012, 02:46 AM
The dude is a monster. And with Bradshaw splitting carries with him, he will be able to last in this league a lot longer. Hopefully the G-Men can keep both of them in New York.

MattMeyerBud
03-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Still waiting for someone to come up with a link or site that lists how tough last year's schedule was.....not based on the prior year's results but from the current season's results......catch my drift?</p>

Meaning the Giants have the toughest 12/13 schedule based on the 11/12 season results.....I want to see how their 11/12 schedule ranked based on the 11/12 season results......confused yet? Been looking for this season by season schedule list everywhere and have yet to find it......anyone got any links?</p>

no because for 12/13 its projected hardest schedule and 11/12 would of been a fact. I think we had top 7 record.

Regardless, look at the teams we played. We played the best in theNFL. I don't need stats to know how hard our schedule was. Philly was 8-8, but we all know they are not a .500 caliber team

Lambeau12
03-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Jacobs would be fun to have, we just need to keep improving our O line now that we have Saturday and we need a better pass rush.

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 12:24 AM

He would be an amazing addition to your team. Of course, I would rather see him come back. I don't think that he has 'many' year of production left on him, but he does have enough on him to make a difference.

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Still waiting for someone to come up with a link or site that lists how tough last year's schedule was.....not based on the prior year's results but from the current season's results......catch my drift?</p>

Meaning the Giants have the toughest 12/13 schedule based on the 11/12 season results.....I want to see how their 11/12 schedule ranked based on the 11/12 season results......confused yet? Been looking for this season by season schedule list everywhere and have yet to find it......anyone got any links?</p>

no because for 12/13 its projected hardest schedule and 11/12 would of been a fact. I think we had top 7 record.

Regardless, look at the teams we played. We played the best in theNFL. I don't need stats to know how hard our schedule was. Philly was 8-8, but we all know they are not a .500 caliber team

I rather have the tough schedule that we always get, rather than something that makes you think that you are better than what you really are. Even when the team finishes with a wildcard, it is always a playoff position that is earned under the toughest of circumstances, and proof that the team is ready for their run for the title. This past year was great, mainly because you knew that once in the playoffs, the rest of the league had created a monster by testing us like they did.

Lambeau12
03-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Although he doesn't seem as great as he was in 07 or 08, he still is hard as hell to bring down. He has knocked over so many safeties as they were trying to bring him down.

Toadofsteel
03-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Although he doesn't seem as great as he was in 07 or 08, he still is hard as hell to bring down. He has knocked over so many safeties as they were trying to bring him down.

That's the thing I always loved about Jacobs. If you had run blocking worth a damn on the line, it would take 4 or 5 LB/DB to bring him down, or a lucky shot to the legs. The Atlanta WC game this year had a good example of that when he was able to break through and rush for 30 yards... he gained extra yards on the play when he dragged a safety who had him by the ankle.