PDA

View Full Version : London Fletcher

DEgiants89
03-20-2012, 11:31 PM
If anything he has proven to be one of the most consistent LBs of all time and they could use some veteran depth or atleast coaching right? What do you think?

GmenFan1980
03-20-2012, 11:34 PM
If this is true then he should do well on the jets. Good luck Fletcher

King Sully
03-20-2012, 11:40 PM

the jets????

King Sully
03-20-2012, 11:41 PM
i would love to get him on a 1 year deal, but not gonna happen

GmenFan1980
03-20-2012, 11:48 PM

the jets????

Opps. mistook him for Laron Landry who went to the jets lol. My bad

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUB7gedq7hOloEHYbo6w-49vxHRaSlTOuzCtXUJIb9gDcVaiE3

King Sully
03-21-2012, 12:04 AM

the jets????

Opps. mistook him for Laron Landry who went to the jets lol. My bad

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUB7gedq7hOloEHYbo6w-49vxHRaSlTOuzCtXUJIb9gDcVaiE3

no worries man, thought maybe you heard he signed with the jets.

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 12:07 AM
If anything he has proven to be one of the most consistent LBs of all time and they could use some veteran depth or atleast coaching right? What do you think?

I don't usually like older players but I would support it, he's solid and no injury history.

DEgiants89
03-21-2012, 12:38 AM
i would love to get him on a 1 year deal, but not gonna happen

Def on the 1 year deal, he would be solid to transition in.

Mercury
03-21-2012, 08:03 AM
No, let our young stable of athletic LBers play and grow into veterans.

Kruunch
03-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Isn't London Fletcher like 76 years old?

No thanks.

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 08:20 AM

No thanks.

i could care less..

give me a beast in the middle for a year cuz he showed no signs of slowing last year. Dude is a Ray Lewis type

nygsb42champs
03-21-2012, 09:29 AM
He is a upgrade over what we have for sure. Lets bring him in.

Kruunch
03-21-2012, 09:51 AM
He is a upgrade over what we have for sure. Lets bring him in.

Goff had better stats then Fletcher in 2010.

Kruunch
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM

No thanks.

i could care less..

give me a beast in the middle for a year cuz he showed no signs of slowing last year. Dude is a Ray Lewis type

London Fletcher has been a good linebacker but let's not jump off the cliff here.

No one would *EVER* mistake Fletcher for Lewis and he's not half of a Ray Lewis when dropped into coverage.

And that was Fletcher in his prime which he is far away from.

Redeyejedi
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Goff will be the Giants MLB opening day. Id rather play the young guys instead of FLetcher anyway

LT_was_good
03-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Goff will be the Giants MLB opening day. Id rather play the young guys instead of FLetcher anyway

If for some strange reason the Giants don't sign Goff, I wouldn't mind giving Fletcher a shot in case Herzlich or Jones don't pan out. Then again, if we're getting a veteran linebacker for his smarts/toughness/leadership then I'd prefer Blackburn over Fletcher. But Goff is definitely the first choice and it's hard to see him going anywhere else.

nycisgreat
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM

No thanks.

+1

I said the same thing to myself, but he did play very very well last season. I wouldn't mind him sign for a year.

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM

No thanks.

i could care less..

London Fletcher has been a good linebacker but let's not jump off the cliff here.

No one would *EVER* mistake Fletcher for Lewis and he's not half of a Ray Lewis when dropped into coverage.

I think he means he's like Ray Lewis in terms of longevity/durability. Some guys just aren't as affected by age as others.

If you watched Fletcher play last year and had no idea how old he was, no way in hell you would guess 36.

Guy played 14 straight seasons and never got injured. Never missed a game. Then went on to have his most productive season last year. That's like super human **** right there.

It is a gamble but I would bet he has one more season left in the tank.

JesseJames
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I think Reese is playing the cat and mouse game with Blackburns agent and when all is said and done we will resign him. at least thats what I hope...

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM

No thanks.

i could care less..

I think he means he's like Ray Lewis in terms of longevity/durability. Some guys just aren't as affected by age as others.

If you watched Fletcher play last year and had no idea how old he was, no way in hell you would guess 36.

Guy played 14 straight seasons and never got injured. Never missed a game. Then went on to have his most productive season last year. That's like super human **** right there.

exactly

Kruunch
03-21-2012, 12:22 PM

No thanks.

i could care less..

Ah in that case true ... Fletcher definitely has the longevity.

However you could argue that it's late in the day for him to pick up a new defense ... especially one that counts on its MLB to play center field a ton.

If we got him super cheap for one year I wouldn't say "Oh no!" but I wouldn't do cart wheels either. That and eventually his age will show up .... it's not a case of IF but WHEN.

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM

No thanks.

i could care less..

Ah in that case true ... Fletcher definitely has the longevity.

However you could argue that it's late in the day for him to pick up a new defense ... especially one that counts on its MLB to play center field a ton.

If we got him super cheap for one year I wouldn't say "Oh no!" but I wouldn't do cart wheels either. That and eventually his age will show up .... it's not a case of IF but WHEN.

hes played under Fewell before in 06

KATKAVAGE75
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Isn't London Fletcher like 76 years old? No thanks.</P>

2012 will be Fletcher's 14 season (2 less than Ray Lewis).</P>

We'll stick w/ the younger guys.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Isn't London Fletcher like 76 years old? No thanks.</p>

2012 will be Fletcher's 14 season (2 less than Ray Lewis).</p>

We'll stick w/ the younger guys.</p>

i just hate that mentality, especially for a year deal..

honestly people would have said that about Fletcher since he turned 30."hes too old, lets stay young"

I mean it would be a year deal and that mentality would of been against having Fletcher here for the past 7 years. And hes been balls out the past 7 years

burier
03-21-2012, 02:59 PM

our linebackers arent atheletic though...Maybe Jwill. Boley

But the rest of those guys....meh

burier
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Just so we're clear. Goff never had better stats than Fletcher.

MattMeyerBud
03-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Herzlich is pretty athletic. We are talking about a guy who can play all three LB positions and was a first round draft pick had he not gotten cancer.

And Kiwi is athletic for a SLB. What he does is fine for us...

Kruunch
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM

Boley, JWill, Kiwi, Herzlich, Sintim ... boy you're on top of the situation.

Kruunch
03-22-2012, 09:22 AM

In 2010 Goff had 7 stops for a loss ... Fletcher had 3.

Goff played as a 2 down backer and Fletcher a 3 down backer.

Do you ever get tired of being this wrong about football?

Kruunch
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM

honestly people would have said that about Fletcher since he turned 30."hes too old, lets stay young"

I mean it would be a year deal and that mentality would of been against having Fletcher here for the past 7 years. And hes been balls out the past 7 years

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if we signed him but it wouldn't make me feel all warm and gooey either.

He would make a nice depth signing ... especially if Goff doesn't come back.

MattMeyerBud
03-22-2012, 09:40 AM

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if we signed him but it wouldn't make me feel all warm and gooey either.

He would make a nice depth signing ... especially if Goff doesn't come back.

i think Goff is as good as gone.. can't be a good sign

burier
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Actually I am.

I already credited Boley and Jwill. Kiwi is a "Joker" not a linebacker.

Herz..looks very very slow.

Sintim? Really???

Run along now.

MattMeyerBud
03-22-2012, 10:17 AM

Actually I am.

Sintim? Really???

Run along now.
Kiwi is a prototypical SLB. They are typically there to play against the run, he does a damn fine job of it

lol can't agree with krunch on sintim....

burier
03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

London Fletcher 2010 Stats

16 Games, 136 tackles, 87 Solos, 49 assists, 2.5 sacks, 3 Forced fumbles, 3 Fumbles recovered, 1 int, 11 passes defensed and 3 stops for loss.

John Goff 2010 Stats

16 Games, 80 tackles, 54 solos, 26 assists, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Fumbles recovered, 0 int, 2 passes defensed, 7 stops for a loss.

So..

Do you ever get tired of being sonned by me?

(its not even close. I'm starting to think that Krunch is actually peforming a really bad shtick at this point)

Kruunch
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM

16 Games, 136 tackles, 87 Solos, 49 assists, 2.5 sacks, 3 Forced fumbles, 3 Fumbles recovered, 1 int, 11 passes defensed and 3 stops for loss.

John Goff 2010 Stats

16 Games, 80 tackles, 54 solos, 26 assists, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Fumbles recovered, 0 int, 2 passes defensed, 7 stops for a loss.

So..

London Fletcher has over 1000 snaps in 2010.

Jonathan Goff had 600ish.

My cat craps better analysis then you.

burier
03-22-2012, 10:48 AM

John Goff 2010 Stats

So..

London Fletcher has over 1000 snaps in 2010.

Jonathan Goff had 600ish.

My cat craps better analysis then you.

Fletcher gets the snaps because hes a *gasp* BETTER PLAYER!!!!!

EVEN IF I allow you suggest that the number of snaps helps your point at all and assuming your numbers are at least close to correct.

In LESS than double the snaps Fletcher
Better than DOUBLED Goffs sack number.

TRIPPLED Goffs forced fumble number.

TRIPPLED his fumble recovery number.

better than QUINTUPLED his Pass Defensed number.

Fletcher totally outclassed Goff anyone can see that clearly.

Edit: And I do want to note that I don't bring these problems on. This particular poster is obsessed with me and continuously picks fights with me that he has no chance of winning. To quote the great Eminem:

"I just want the whole world to know that I did not start this ****. But I will finish it."

TrueBlue@NYC
03-22-2012, 10:58 AM
I can see why people would want Goff b.c he's younger, but let's not pretend that he's EVER been on the same level of Fletcher. </P>

One thing that really makes me hesitant to jump ont he fletcher for a year bandwagon is that he hasn't played MLB in a 4-3 in years, and in a 4-3 the LBers need to be able to cover more ground than Lbers in a 3-4 </P>

Making that transition so late in his career could be a big problem. There's just more ways to cover for a slower ILB in a 3-4 than there is to cover for a slow 4-3 MLB. It's why Larry Foote struggled so much playing in DET two years ago, but was still adequate back in PIT. Another example is Levon Kirkland, he exceled as a ILB in a 3-4 but was aweful once he was put in a 4-3 in space. </P>

Kruunch
03-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I can see why people would want Goff b.c he's younger, but let's not pretend that he's EVER been on the same level of Fletcher. </P>

One thing that really makes me hesitant to jump ont he fletcher for a year bandwagon is that he hasn't played MLB in a 4-3 in years, and in a 4-3 the LBers need to be able to cover more ground than Lbers in a 3-4 </P>

Making that transition so late in his career could be a big problem. There's just more ways to cover for a slower ILB in a 3-4 than there is to cover for a slow 4-3 MLB. It's why Larry Foote struggled so much playing in DET two years ago, but was still adequate back in PIT. Another example is Levon Kirkland, he exceled as a ILB in a 3-4 but was aweful once he was put in a 4-3 in space. </P>

This I would agree with.

And make no mistake ... I wasn't trying to intimate that Goff is a better LBer then Fletcher was (or even is currently) ... just a better choice moving forward (imo).

If Goff doesn't return, I'd hope the Giants would find a more long term solution to MLB then Fletcher.

burier
03-22-2012, 12:11 PM

Actually I am.

Sintim? Really???

Run along now.
Kiwi is a prototypical SLB.* They are typically there to play against the run, he does a damn fine job of it

I think Kiwi has played well. Still not impressed with his cover skill but what the hell.

Its a total reach to say he's a prototypical SAM though...the guy weighs like 270 pounds.

I just wish he got more snaps at end.

MattMeyerBud
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM

Actually I am.

Sintim? Really???

Run along now.
Kiwi is a prototypical SLB. They are typically there to play against the run, he does a damn fine job of it

I think Kiwi has played well. Still not impressed with his cover skill but what the hell.

Its a total reach to say he's a prototypical SAM though...the guy weighs like 270 pounds.

his size may not be, but his play is.

burier
03-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Actually I am.

Sintim? Really???

Run along now.
Kiwi is a prototypical SLB.* They are typically there to play against the run, he does a damn fine job of it

touche

SackingMyths
03-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Actually I am.

Sintim? Really???

Run along now.

touche

This guy is one of the most underrated LBers of his generation. He's always jumped off the screen whenever I've seen him, and he's a true "team guy." Love this guy (No...not in that way...)

Zero downside to signing him and unlike Keith Bulluck, he's a veteran who would set aside his ego to mentor a guy like Goff and Herzlich rather than fear that they're a threat to his starter status. But in the meantime, he's better, smarter and more experienced than both of them and it's not even really close.

Not to mention that we would stand to benefit (2 xs) off of his intimate knowledge of the Skins D.

Add it all up and if we can get him for a one-year deal for a modest price, I'd jump for joy

burier
03-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Actually I am.

Sintim? Really???

Run along now.

touche

This guy is one of the most underrated LBers of his generation. He's always jumped off the screen whenever I've seen him, and he's a true "team guy." Love this guy (No...not in that way...)

Zero downside to signing him and unlike Keith Bulluck, he's a veteran who would set aside his ego to mentor a guy like Goff and Herzlich rather than fear that they're a threat to his starter status. But in the meantime, he's better, smarter and more experienced than both of them and it's not even really close.

Not to mention that we would stand to benefit (2 xs) off of his intimate knowledge of the Skins D.

Add it all up and if we can get him for a one-year deal for a modest price, I'd jump for joy

Thought you were talking about Kiwi at first.

Yeah Fletcher would be a instant and drastic upgrade which is desperately needed.