PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Things The Super Bowl Win Made Us Forget

burier
03-21-2012, 11:19 AM
The New York Giants have won the Super Bowl!!!

Our elation over the Giants supremacy has caused some of us fans to get a litte foggy when it comes to remembering what 2011 really was for the Giants. Here are the top 10 Things we forgot because afterall who cares? ... WE WON THE ****ING SUPERBOWL!!!

10) Ei Manning Is Not An elite quarterback.

This one isn't really fair since its less that we forgot and more that the notion was debunked by the Elite one himself.

It makes my list because the events of 2011 have lead to revisionist history from some fans. How many times have we heard "I never said Eli was bad. I just said he was PLAYING bad." I guess you forgot.

For sheer lack of crow eating by some fans on this subject I'm installing it at number 10.

9) Brandon Jacobs said he wouldn't be back in 2012

A Super Bowl wins cures all and it made us forget that Brandon Jacobs was jumping up and down this season saying he wasn't getting enough carries and that both he and Bradshaw Weren't "being used correctly". He finished his trantrum off with a declaration that he wouldn't be back in 2012. A self-fulfilling prophecy perhaps?

8) The Giants won a mere 9 games in 2011.

It's not so much that we've forgotten as much as we've looked the other way. The win at the dance makes it easy not to dwell on the fact that Christmas came early for the Giants in the form of elimination games starting in week 16.

Many will point to our brutal schedule but I'd remind those folks that our seven losses include a loss at home to the Seahawks and two losses to the Redskins (Who are coached by a crack addict)

7) David Baas was a terrible Free Agent Signing.

The man got big time money to come play center for us and was supposed to be a major upgrade on oft-injured Shaun O'Hara but it never panned out. The Giants struggled to earn any positive yards on the ground with him in the lineup and Eli was running for his life on many occassions. Ironically the O-line improved when he left the lineup due to injury.

Some people think he'll get better with more experience in the offense but I'm gonna say that if you can't move another man against his will...well you can't move another man against his will regardless of how familiar you are with the offense. Total bust but the 10 table stunna has blinded us to the fact.

6) The Giants had an inconsistent pass rush.

I know we all forgot about this little factoid. The Giants pass rush was so ineffective at times during the season that Perry Fewell was actually hooping and hollering and using highly colorful language in an attempt to motive the pass rush.
"injuries" and laziness were to blame.

The Super Bowl victory made us forget that it actually took Michael Strahan climbing down from FOX studios on Mount Olympus to get the guys to actually play.

5) Our Linebackers are pretty bad.

Michael Boley was a pleasant suprise this year. He was flying all over the place making plays but the same really couldn't be said for the other guys in that unit. A couple of nicks and cuts and we're calling up guys to come play linebacker off the street. Its been an issue for years but it seemed to come to a head in 2011. Win a Super Bowl in spite of that fact and "hey linebackers aren't important in a 4-3 anyway"

4) All of the players lost to free agency.

Barring a few fans who for some reason insist on living in the past every single guy we lost this past off-season and cried about is totally forgotten due to a Super Bowl win.

We're all actually chuckling to ourselves because all of those guys left the Giants for better money and worse situations. Hey fellas, we won the big one without ya!

3) Osi waited to have sugery.

The Super Bowl win and Osi's contributions there in erase memories of number 72 standing around with sweatpants on grinning from ear to ear while the rest of his teammates were working to get better.

A short hold out and last minute sugery kept him out of the early part of the season when he could have had that procedure at any point during the off season and not missed a game. But what the hell. We won the superbowl so all is forgotten.

2) Tom Coughlin was on the hot seat (Again)

Maybe we just wish we could forget this one.

Afterall its hard to call yourself a knowlegeable fan when everytime you demand the coach be removed he turns around and delivers a ring.

But indeed Coughlin was once again precieved to be coaching for his job in 2011. If he was really coaching for his job he answered the bell and is now on the holy ground only breached by the great Bill Parcells.

1) We hate Kevin Gilbride.

As I type this I can't remember why we disliked this man so much. Oh wait.. Now I remember.

His playcalling is predictable and it actually downgrades in the GreenZone to pathetic.

He runs the same play every time we need a two point conversion.

Buddy Ryan punched him in the face so its embarassing that he's on our coaching staff.

Annnnnd...He's got a mustache. Everyone knows guys with bushy mustaches are creepy.

But our second championship in 4 years has cleaned his slate. His sight adjustment offense is no longer complicated but ingenious instead and he is now directly responsible for the maturation (I hate that word) Of Eli Manning.

The memory is funny thing.

SweetZombieJesus
03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Re: #8 (winning only 9 games)

I look at it as retribution for going 10-6 and missing the playoffs in 2010. It evened out.

I think you should add a bit about how terrible our O-line is, it's amazing we won a Super Bowl with a line that needs immediate destruction.

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
who cares? ... WE WON THE ****ING SUPERBOWL!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

G-Man67
03-21-2012, 11:33 AM
some havent forgotten as well as others [:)]

Redeyejedi
03-21-2012, 11:46 AM
The Pass rush had trouble because of injuries. Amazing that even though they have all these ends there was still a good 10 games where they could of used another guy

Roosevelt
03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
The New York Giants have won the Super Bowl!!!

Our elation over the Giants supremacy has caused some of us fans to get a litte foggy when it comes to remembering what 2011 really was for the Giants. Here are the top 10 Things we forgot because afterall who cares? ... WE WON THE ****ING SUPERBOWL!!!

10) Ei Manning Is Not An elite quarterback.

This one isn't really fair since its less that we forgot and more that the notion was debunked by the Elite one himself.

It makes my list because the events of 2011 have lead to revisionist history from some fans. How many times have we heard "I never said Eli was bad. I just said he was PLAYING bad." I guess you forgot.

For sheer lack of crow eating by some fans on this subject I'm installing it at number 10.

9) Brandon Jacobs said he wouldn't be back in 2012

A Super Bowl wins cures all and it made us forget that Brandon Jacobs was jumping up and down this season saying he wasn't getting enough carries and that both he and Bradshaw Weren't "being used correctly". He finished his trantrum off with a declaration that he wouldn't be back in 2012. A self-fulfilling prophecy perhaps?

8) The Giants won a mere 9 games in 2011.

It's not so much that we've forgotten as much as we've looked the other way. The win at the dance makes it easy not to dwell on the fact that Christmas came early for the Giants in the form of elimination games starting in week 16.

Many will point to our brutal schedule but I'd remind those folks that our seven losses include a loss at home to the Seahawks and two losses to the Redskins (Who are coached by a crack addict)

7) David Baas was a terrible Free Agent Signing.

The man got big time money to come play center for us and was supposed to be a major upgrade on oft-injured Shaun O'Hara but it never panned out. The Giants struggled to earn any positive yards on the ground with him in the lineup and Eli was running for his life on many occassions. Ironically the O-line improved when he left the lineup due to injury.

Some people think he'll get better with more experience in the offense but I'm gonna say that if you can't move another man against his will...well you can't move another man against his will regardless of how familiar you are with the offense. Total bust but the 10 table stunna has blinded us to the fact.

6) The Giants had an inconsistent pass rush.

I know we all forgot about this little factoid. The Giants pass rush was so ineffective at times during the season that Perry Fewell was actually hooping and hollering and using highly colorful language in an attempt to motive the pass rush.
"injuries" and laziness were to blame.

The Super Bowl victory made us forget that it actually took Michael Strahan climbing down from FOX studios on Mount Olympus to get the guys to actually play.

5) Our Linebackers are pretty bad.

Michael Boley was a pleasant suprise this year. He was flying all over the place making plays but the same really couldn't be said for the other guys in that unit. A couple of nicks and cuts and we're calling up guys to come play linebacker off the street. Its been an issue for years but it seemed to come to a head in 2011. Win a Super Bowl in spite of that fact and "hey linebackers aren't important in a 4-3 anyway"

4) All of the players lost to free agency.

Barring a few fans who for some reason insist on living in the past every single guy we lost this past off-season and cried about is totally forgotten due to a Super Bowl win.

We're all actually chuckling to ourselves because all of those guys left the Giants for better money and worse situations. Hey fellas, we won the big one without ya!

3) Osi waited to have sugery.

The Super Bowl win and Osi's contributions there in erase memories of number 72 standing around with sweatpants on grinning from ear to ear while the rest of his teammates were working to get better.

A short hold out and last minute sugery kept him out of the early part of the season when he could have had that procedure at any point during the off season and not missed a game. But what the hell. We won the superbowl so all is forgotten.

2) Tom Coughlin was on the hot seat (Again)

Maybe we just wish we could forget this one.

Afterall its hard to call yourself a knowlegeable fan when everytime you demand the coach be removed he turns around and delivers a ring.

But indeed Coughlin was once again precieved to be coaching for his job in 2011. If he was really coaching for his job he answered the bell and is now on the holy ground only breached by the great Bill Parcells.

1) We hate Kevin Gilbride.

As I type this I can't remember why we disliked this man so much. Oh wait.. Now I remember.

His playcalling is predictable and it actually downgrades in the GreenZone to pathetic.

He runs the same play every time we need a two point conversion.

Buddy Ryan punched him in the face so its embarassing that he's on our coaching staff.

Annnnnd...He's got a mustache. Everyone knows guys with bushy mustaches are creepy.

But our second championship in 4 years has cleaned his slate. His sight adjustment offense is no longer complicated but ingenious instead and he is now directly responsible for the maturation (I hate that word) Of Eli Manning.

The memory is funny thing.

You left out two important issues:

1. The lockout
2. The injuries

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

9) Jacobs still may be back. He was asking Tolbert money, which was grossly underpaid. He'll come to the realization that he has to take what we give him

8) Regular season is only for getting in the playoffs and fantasy football. If 9 wins gets you in, then thats all that matters. The fact that its 9 wins, doesn't matter.

7) One year with no offseason, with a new team, and injured most of the year - jury is out. Way too early to tell if he sucks

6) Only time the Giants pass rush was inconsistent was due to injuries. It was pretty consistent when healthy. If you want to say we had a banged up pass rush for parts of the season, that would be fair.

5) Our LBers are fine. Time to let it go. A bunch of young guys progressing. Boley had a great year for us, JWill is developing, we should get Goff back, and Kiwi had an outstanding year for us as a 1-2 LBer.

4) true. But still, u cna't fault Smith or Boss for leaving. Boss got grossly overpaid and Smith went for what could of been his last shot at decent money and a shot to play

3) We'll start remembering Osi soon when he either gets a new deal or starts *****ing about one.

2) TC was on the hot seat and deserved to be. I said it from week 1, it will take 2 playoff wins or a bye and a playoff win to keep his job. Besides this year obviously, since hte 07 superbowl this team has underacheived.

1) Gilbride has had some questionable play calls, but i'll eat crow. I'm happy hes our guy now. Going around to toher teams message boards, we are all armchair OCs. Nobody likes thier OC. I've learned my lesson.

Jiffy Jeff
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey...............MY moustache is pretty bushy.

burier
03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

9) Jacobs still may be back. He was asking Tolbert money, which was grossly underpaid. He'll come to the realization that he has to take what we give him

8) Regular season is only for getting in the playoffs and fantasy football. If 9 wins gets you in, then thats all that matters. The fact that its 9 wins, doesn't matter.

7) One year with no offseason, with a new team, and injured most of the year - jury is out. Way too early to tell if he sucks

6) Only time the Giants pass rush was inconsistent was due to injuries.* It was pretty consistent when healthy. If you want to say we had a banged up pass rush for parts of the season, that would be fair.

5) Our LBers are fine. Time to let it go. A bunch of young guys progressing. Boley had a great year for us, JWill is developing, we should get Goff back, and Kiwi had an outstanding year for us as a 1-2 LBer.

4) true. But still, u cna't fault Smith or Boss for leaving. Boss got grossly overpaid and Smith went for what could of been his last shot at decent money and a shot to play

3) We'll start remembering Osi soon when he either gets a new deal or starts *****ing about one.

2) TC was on the hot seat and deserved to be. I said it from week 1, it will take 2 playoff wins or a bye and a playoff win to keep his job.* Besides this year obviously, since hte 07 superbowl this team has underacheived.

1) Gilbride has had some questionable play calls, but i'll eat crow. I'm happy hes our guy now.* Going around to toher teams message boards, we are all armchair OCs.* Nobody likes thier OC.* I've learned my lesson.

Yeah definately Jacobs could be back.

the 9 wins doesnt matter if you make the playoffs. But we will agree that 9 wins won't get you in most seasons. Also 9 wins does matter when you're evaluating the team from a less than homeristic vantage point. 7 losses means there's major room from improvememnt.

Jury isn't out on Baas. He sucks. JR skrewed the pooch. He can't move anyone and that will only change with the aid of performance enhancing drugs.

Banged up pass rush? I mean Tuck and Osi got back in the lineup and the rush got worse.

Osi missed some games with the ankle but the pass rush was actually peaking during that time.

Tuck was "banged up" all year but even he said that someone close to him told him to cut the crap and play better....and he did. Usually someone who is genuinely hurt isn't healed by a pep-talk.

Agree to disagree about the linebackers.

Not faulting those guys for leaving. Just making an observation.

Agree on Gilbride. I wanted that guy gone after 2010...So I'll take a slice of that crow.

TheIncredibleErk
03-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Great post.

I'm So happy we won the Superbowl...but I'm tired of hearing from all you schmucks everytime someone complains about losing a player to FA or not signing a particular player that...."oh don't worry we won the Superbowl without linebackers, o line, a running game, and with a schmuck offensive coordinator"

Our 9-7 record proves that although we did manager to win it all....we only had 9 wins because there is much need for improvement (and of course injuries killed us).

P.s. I don't agree with your #10. Eli is elite!

MattMeyerBud
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

6) Only time the Giants pass rush was inconsistent was due to injuries. It was pretty consistent when healthy. If you want to say we had a banged up pass rush for parts of the season, that would be fair.

2) TC was on the hot seat and deserved to be. I said it from week 1, it will take 2 playoff wins or a bye and a playoff win to keep his job. Besides this year obviously, since hte 07 superbowl this team has underacheived.

1) Gilbride has had some questionable play calls, but i'll eat crow. I'm happy hes our guy now. Going around to toher teams message boards, we are all armchair OCs. Nobody likes thier OC. I've learned my lesson.

the 9 wins doesnt matter if you make the playoffs. But we will agree that 9 wins won't get you in most seasons. Also 9 wins does matter when you're evaluating the team from a less than homeristic vantage point. 7 losses means there's major room from improvememnt.

Jury isn't out on Baas. He sucks. JR skrewed the pooch. He can't move anyone and that will only change with the aid of performance enhancing drugs.

Banged up pass rush? I mean Tuck and Osi got back in the lineup and the rush got worse.

Osi missed some games with the ankle but the pass rush was actually peaking during that time.

Tuck was "banged up" all year but even he said that someone close to him told him to cut the crap and play better....and he did. Usually someone who is genuinely hurt isn't healed by a pep-talk.

Agree on Gilbride. I wanted that guy gone after 2010...So I'll take a slice of that crow.

the only reason a regular season record matters is when it comes to you getting in the playoffs or not. I've maintained that for years. Playoffs are another season. I mean we had 10 wins the year before and we didn't get in the playoffs.

And as bad as 9 wins may sound, when you take into account the injuries and schedule we had it really isn't as bad.

JR didn't screw the pooch, we had no center and we had to make a move. It was an immediat eneed and the jury is most def out. If he sucks again this year i'll agree, but no way i'd buy into that right now.

And what games are u referring to when the pass rush wasn't there? Your tuck hate is still disgusting to see.

burier
03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Great post.

I'm So happy we won the Superbowl...but I'm tired of hearing from all you schmucks everytime someone complains about losing a player to FA or not signing a particular player that...."oh don't worry we won the Superbowl without linebackers, o line, a running game, and with a schmuck offensive coordinator"

Our 9-7 record proves that although we did manager to win it all....we only had 9 wins because there is much need for improvement (and of course injuries killed us).

P.s. I don't agree with your #10. Eli is elite!

Aww...Well my number 10 agrees with you ;)

lol no I was saying that Eli is Elite but alot of us didn't think so at the begining of the season.

GameTime
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
just one for me....</P>

all the bull**** spouted on this message board......</P>

</P>

burier
03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

6) Only time the Giants pass rush was inconsistent was due to injuries.* It was pretty consistent when healthy. If you want to say we had a banged up pass rush for parts of the season, that would be fair.

2) TC was on the hot seat and deserved to be. I said it from week 1, it will take 2 playoff wins or a bye and a playoff win to keep his job.* Besides this year obviously, since hte 07 superbowl this team has underacheived.

1) Gilbride has had some questionable play calls, but i'll eat crow. I'm happy hes our guy now.* Going around to toher teams message boards, we are all armchair OCs.* Nobody likes thier OC.* I've learned my lesson.

the only reason a regular season record matters is when it comes to you getting in the playoffs or not. I've maintained that for years.* Playoffs are another season.* I mean we had 10 wins the year before and we didn't get in the playoffs.

And as bad as 9 wins may sound, when you take into account the injuries and schedule we had it really isn't as bad.*

JR didn't screw the pooch, we had no center and we had to make a move. It was an immediat eneed and the jury is most def out. If he sucks again this year i'll agree, but no way i'd buy into that right now.

And what games are u referring to when the pass rush wasn't there?* Your tuck hate is still disgusting to see.

I don't hate Tuck. I quite like him but I'm just calling it like I see it. Its this moral code I must stick by. I can't give the Guy a pass because I think he's...swell. We're friends on FB. I was the one who told him to stop being so damn lazy.

There's another thread going on about how great it is that the Saints got crushed by Goodell for bounties. I've tried to educate people on the fact that for many years we had a very similar practice here at the Giants yet I dont see anyone calling Bill Belichick a scumbag. Its so ridiculously hypocritical I can't stand it.

As far as Baas. Watch my smoke.

I'll have to get back to you on the specific games where I personally felt the pass rush was lacking. I'm thinking during the losing streak. Also I'm sure it won't take too long to find some Fewell quotes where he's discussing how to correct it etc.

TuckYou
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
How about this, if the Victor Cruz non fumble was called a fumble which it just as easly could of, we lose to the Cards and never make it to the playoffs. In fact, the Eagles would of won the division and been the hottest team in the playoffs winning 6 straight. Who knows what they would of done, but they did look good down the stretch.</P>

</P>

TuckYou
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Also, the only reason the coaching staff wasnt torn up (weather it would of been Coughlin, Gilbride, Fewell or whoever) was because of the lockout and the organization not wanting any change because of lack of off season. </P>

Guess it paid off.</P>

burier
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
How about this, if the Victor Cruz non fumble was called a fumble which it just as easly could of, we lose to the Cards and never make it to the playoffs. In fact, the Eagles would of won the division and been the hottest team in the playoffs winning 6 straight. Who knows what they would of done, but they did look good down the stretch.</P>

*</P>

lol the land of ifs and buts.

One thing I'll say is if they called that cruz play a fumble it would have been cheap as hell.

krygny
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Coughlin sucks Gilbride sucks Fewell sucks Reese sucks Eli sucks Jacobs sucks Osi sucks Rolle sucks Manningham sucks Beckum sucks

03-21-2012, 03:43 PM
"we only won nine games"......... From my perspective ..we won 13 games </P>

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 03:51 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

the only reason a regular season record matters is when it comes to you getting in the playoffs or not. I've maintained that for years.* Playoffs are another season.* I mean we had 10 wins the year before and we didn't get in the playoffs.

And as bad as 9 wins may sound, when you take into account the injuries and schedule we had it really isn't as bad.*

And what games are u referring to when the pass rush wasn't there?* Your tuck hate is still disgusting to see.

I don't hate Tuck. I quite like him but I'm just calling it like I see it. Its this moral code I must stick by. I can't give the Guy a pass because I think he's...swell. We're friends on FB. I was the one who told him to stop being so damn lazy.

There's another thread going on about how great it is that the Saints got crushed by Goodell for bounties. I've tried to educate people on the fact that for many years we had a very similar practice here at the Giants yet I dont see anyone calling Bill Belichick a scumbag. Its so ridiculously hypocritical I can't stand it.

I'll have to get back to you on the specific games where I personally felt the pass rush was lacking. I'm thinking during the losing streak. Also I'm sure it won't take too long to find some Fewell quotes where he's discussing how to correct it etc.

I'll give you credit for sticking by your arguments even after they became completely indefensible with our postseason performance

TuckYou
03-21-2012, 04:06 PM

</P>

lol the land of ifs and buts. One thing I'll say is if they called that cruz play a fumble it would have been cheap as hell.</P>

Not really. It was the officials subjective opinion. It could of easily went either way. Reminds me of the Plax ball spike after he fell but wasnt down when he was with Pittsburgh. He went down, forgot he wasnt in college and spiked the ball and was running back to the huddle. Cruz fell down, drops the ball witout being touched and starts to run back to the huddle. Same things really, but 2 different calls. Cruz himself even said he was worried about the call while being discussed. He said he wont do it again, because it easily could of went the other way.</P>

burier
03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

I'll give you credit for sticking by your arguments even after they became completely indefensible with our postseason performance

If you think the team is perfect knock yourself out. My points are for the most part factual however. You could squable about Eli's "Eliteness", Or the talent we have a linebacker..Hell you could even argue that Baas is a good player. but other than that there's not much to refute. Facts don't actually require defense.

I don't really know what else to tell you.

burier
03-21-2012, 04:40 PM

*</P>

lol the land of ifs and buts. One thing I'll say is if they called that cruz play a fumble it would have been cheap as hell.</P>

Not really. It was the officials subjective opinion. It could of easily went either way. Reminds me of the Plax ball spike after he fell but wasnt down when he was with Pittsburgh. He went down, forgot he wasnt in college and spiked the ball and was running back to the huddle. Cruz fell down, drops the ball witout being touched and starts to run back to the huddle. Same things really, but 2 different calls. Cruz himself even said he was worried about the call while being discussed. He said he wont do it again, because it easily could of went the other way.</P>

Those plays are similar but my point is...Plaxico spiking the ball had nothing to do with the competition.

If you give the ball to Arizona in Cruz's case it would be like the Cards won a technicality. Which I always find cheap.

jhamburg
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

If you think the team is perfect knock yourself out. My points are for the most part factual however. You could squable about Eli's "Eliteness", Or the talent we have a linebacker..Hell you could even argue that Baas is a good player. but other than that there's not much to refute. Facts don't actually require defense.

Actually this team was perfect because we got the best possible outcome last season. It doesn't matter if we went 9-7 or 16-0, you get the same trophy. There is no improving on what we did last year. The "flaws" you pointed out were apparently not fatal, so who gives a ****?

burier
03-21-2012, 05:03 PM
10) Eli is Elite...

Actually this team was perfect because we got the best possible outcome last season. It doesn't matter if we went 9-7 or 16-0, you get the same trophy. There is no improving on what we did last year. The "flaws" you pointed out were apparently not fatal, so who gives a ****?

I give a **** because I want to repeat. The best possible outcome is great. We overcame alot.

But the team can improve. You're either getting better or your getting worse.

But like I said...feel free to believe that the Giants are flawless. That is totally up to you.

TuckYou
03-21-2012, 05:16 PM

</P>

Those plays are similar but my point is...Plaxico spiking the ball had nothing to do with the competition. If you give the ball to Arizona in Cruz's case it would be like the Cards won a technicality. Which I always find cheap.</P>

No doubt it would of sucked, but if they called it, I wouldnt of complained because to me, if I was a Cards fan, I would of been furious it was a no call. I think unbiasedly I would of leaned more to the favor of a fumble. No one touched him, he dropped the ball. You cant do that in the NFL. </P>

miked1958
03-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Well the SB made me forget all of the dropped and tipped passes for INTs. Well almost

The SB win made me forget all the illegal Procedure penalties. Well not quite

The SB made me forget all the "To Much Time Penalities" when the clock ran out and sometimes it happened after a timeout lol

JJC7301
03-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Re: #8 (winning only 9 games)

I look at it as retribution for going 10-6 and missing the playoffs in 2010.* It evened out.

I think you should add a bit about how terrible our O-line is, it's amazing we won a Super Bowl with a line that needs immediate destruction.

+1 on all of your points.

burier
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM

*</P>

Those plays are similar but my point is...Plaxico spiking the ball had nothing to do with the competition. If you give the ball to Arizona in Cruz's case it would be like the Cards won a technicality. Which I always find cheap.</P>

No doubt it would of sucked, but if they called it, I wouldnt of complained because to me, if I was a Cards fan, I would of been furious it was a no call. I think unbiasedly I would of leaned more to the favor of a fumble. No one touched him, he dropped the ball. You cant do that in the NFL. </P>

If Im being completely honest. If I was a cards fan I'd expect my team to play defense and get a stop. I wouldn't whine about the refs not coming to the rescue. But I see your point. Could have gone either way.

Another example would be that TD the Pack scored on us..was it Driver? Prince knocks it out at last minute...it stands as a TD.

Alot of us were pissed about that call but to me...I'm thinking what the hell do we have to complain about? Its not like we covered the guy. We're looking for help on a technicality at that point and its against my football sensabilities.

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 10:03 AM
"we only won nine games"......... From my perspective ..we won 13 games </P>

Thus the adage - it's not how you get there, it's how you FINISH!

GMENAGAIN
03-22-2012, 10:10 AM
10) Eli is Elite...

Yeah definately Jacobs could be back. the 9 wins doesnt matter if you make the playoffs. But we will agree that 9 wins won't get you in most seasons. Also 9 wins does matter when you're evaluating the team from a less than homeristic vantage point. 7 losses means there's major room from improvememnt. Jury isn't out on Baas. He sucks. JR skrewed the pooch. He can't move anyone and that will only change with the aid of performance enhancing drugs. Banged up pass rush? I mean Tuck and Osi got back in the lineup and the rush got worse. Osi missed some games with the ankle but the pass rush was actually peaking during that time. Tuck was "banged up" all year but even he said that someone close to him told him to cut the crap and play better....and he did. Usually someone who is genuinely hurt isn't healed by a pep-talk. Agree to disagree about the linebackers. Not faulting those guys for leaving. Just making an observation. Agree on Gilbride. I wanted that guy gone after 2010...So I'll take a slice of that crow.
</P>

How can you say that the jury is not still out on Baas? The guy had no offseason with a new team,had a bunch of injury problems and played very well in the Super Bowl. </P>

I'm assuming that your feelings about Baas are based upon the same type of film review that caused you to conclude that we should select Burfict in the first or second round this year. </P>

What are you saying about Tuck?? That his injuries weren't real?? Are you aware that he had surgery on his shoulder after the season???</P>

burier
03-22-2012, 10:18 AM
10) Eli is Elite...

Yeah definately Jacobs could be back. the 9 wins doesnt matter if you make the playoffs. But we will agree that 9 wins won't get you in most seasons. Also 9 wins does matter when you're evaluating the team from a less than homeristic vantage point. 7 losses means there's major room from improvememnt. Jury isn't out on Baas. He sucks. JR skrewed the pooch. He can't move anyone and that will only change with the aid of performance enhancing drugs. Banged up pass rush? I mean Tuck and Osi got back in the lineup and the rush got worse. Osi missed some games with the ankle but the pass rush was actually peaking during that time. Tuck was "banged up" all year but even he said that someone close to him told him to cut the crap and play better....and he did. Usually someone who is genuinely hurt isn't healed by a pep-talk. Agree to disagree about the linebackers. Not faulting those guys for leaving. Just making an observation. Agree on Gilbride. I wanted that guy gone after 2010...So I'll take a slice of that crow.
</P>

How can you say that the jury is not still out on Baas?* The guy had no offseason with a new team,*had a bunch of injury problems and played very well in the Super Bowl.* </P>

I'm assuming that your feelings about Baas are based upon the same type of film review that caused you to conclude that we should select Burfict in the first or second round this year.* </P>

What are you saying about Tuck??* That his injuries weren't real??* Are you aware that he had surgery on his shoulder after the season???</P>

I'm saying that Baas can't move anybody. I don't see what that has to do with an offseason or familiarity with the offense.

If anything the lack of offseason should have helped him because he could have focused on the things he needed to improve and tailored his workouts to his personal specifications.

I think whoever takes Burfict is getting a good player so..We'll wait and see. You're trying to call me out on something that hasn't come to fruition yet.

What I'm tying to say about Tuck is that he said himself that a friend of his told him that he wasn't playing the game correctly and he suddenly became more productive.

Take that how you want but that's what the man said. I don't see how him getting surgery makes a difference. Toward the end of the season he started playing much better.

TuckYou
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM

</P>

If Im being completely honest. If I was a cards fan I'd expect my team to play defense and get a stop. I wouldn't whine about the refs not coming to the rescue. But I see your point. Could have gone either way. Another example would be that TD the Pack scored on us..was it Driver? Prince knocks it out at last minute...it stands as a TD. Alot of us were pissed about that call but to me...I'm thinking what the hell do we have to complain about? Its not like we covered the guy. We're looking for help on a technicality at that point and its against my football sensabilities.</P>

Well, I still think that the referees were completely fixing that for a Packers win, both the regular season and the playoff game. There were some totally unacceptable calls in both those games and they went the Packers way everytime.</P>

That Jennings TD you are refering to, IMO, was clearly not a TD. He never had control of the ball before prince knocked it out. No way. Yeah, we blew the coverage and it should of been an easy TD, but Jennings didnt have that in his grasps. Reminded me of Megatrons no TD a few years ago. Lets not even talk about the Jennings "no fumble" call when it was clear cut evident he lost the ball before he hit the ground. This was the playoff game. </P>

I actually expected us to lose the ball on that Victor Cruz "giving himself up" call, as well as the Bradshaw fumbling the ball vs the 49ers at the end of the NFC Champ game. Bradshaws momentum WAS stopped, but it was a quick whistle that 90% of the time doesnt get blown until the play is over.</P>

Anyway, my point is, sometimes we get calls, and sometimes we get shafted. Just like I was upset about the Packers no calls on the fumble and drop in the endzone, or even the Ballard OB TD that didnt stand, I would of been upset if I was a 49er fan on that Bradshaw call, or the Cards on that Cruz non fumble call. </P>

</P>

burier
03-22-2012, 12:25 PM

*</P>

If Im being completely honest. If I was a cards fan I'd expect my team to play defense and get a stop. I wouldn't whine about the refs not coming to the rescue. But I see your point. Could have gone either way. Another example would be that TD the Pack scored on us..was it Driver? Prince knocks it out at last minute...it stands as a TD. Alot of us were pissed about that call but to me...I'm thinking what the hell do we have to complain about? Its not like we covered the guy. We're looking for help on a technicality at that point and its against my football sensabilities.</P>

Well, I still think that the referees were completely fixing that for a Packers win, both the regular season and the playoff game. There were some totally unacceptable calls in both those games and they went the Packers way everytime.</P>

That Jennings TD you are refering to, IMO, was clearly not a TD. He never had control of the ball before prince knocked it out. No way. Yeah, we blew the coverage and it should of been an easy TD, but Jennings didnt have that in his grasps. Reminded me of Megatrons no TD a few years ago. Lets not even talk about the Jennings "no fumble" call when it was clear cut evident he lost the ball before he hit the ground. This was the playoff game. </P>

I actually expected us to lose the ball on that Victor Cruz "giving himself up" call, as well as the Bradshaw fumbling the ball vs the 49ers at the end of the NFC Champ game. Bradshaws momentum WAS stopped, but it was a quick whistle that 90% of the time doesnt get blown until the play is over.</P>

Anyway, my point is, sometimes we get calls, and sometimes we get shafted. Just like I was upset about the Packers no calls on the fumble and drop in the endzone, or even the Ballard OB TD that didnt stand, I would of been upset if I was a 49er fan on that Bradshaw call, or the Cards on that Cruz non fumble call. </P>

*</P>

Lol I don't think refs were trying to fix the games. I just think NFL refs suck.

They're too old,

they're blind,
they can't move fast enough (resulting in being out of the optimum position to see the play)

and are easily confused do to advanced age which can mimmick the appearence of a fix.

If they really wanted to fix the game they could have just called us for holding on the hail mary play. Or on any of our scoring plays for that matter.

In those pack games we def got some BS calls though.