PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees

jomo
03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
What impact if any do you think the Sean Payton situation will have on Brees' contract negotiations? Would this make him more likely to leave? Can any <U>good</U> team really afford him at this point?

GIANTfaninFL
03-21-2012, 06:00 PM
What the **** does this have to do with Giants football?

jjj45
03-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Because they pose the only threat to us in the NFC race?

jomo
03-21-2012, 06:06 PM
What the **** does this have to do with Giants football?He has this rotten tendency to torch us every time we play the Saints.

chasjay
03-21-2012, 06:07 PM
What impact if any do you think the Sean Payton situation will have on Brees' contract negotiations? Would this make him more likely to leave? Can any <u>good</u> team really afford him at this point?

Well we do play the Saints this year. Maybe it should be posted somewhere else, but anyway..........I live in metro N.O. and the folks are pi**ed. I don't know how the negotiations will go, but Brees and Payton are joined at the hip. Some overreacting fans are saying "don't even sign him - save the money for next year". It will be interesting.

Flip Empty
03-21-2012, 06:09 PM

err. what? There are several good teams in the NFC.

ELIteManning
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I really do not think there is any chance Brees leaves over this for multiple reasons. First off...where else could he go? There are no other legitimate contender options out there. Secondly...yes this is detrimental for them for this year but they will still compete at a high level and yes still have a chance to win. We are also talking long term and his best option for the future is there with the saints. He is also very close with Payton who will return. I just do not see it happening.

jjj45
03-21-2012, 06:13 PM

err. what? There are several good teams in the NFC.yup i said it. They are the only team in the conference that seems to have our number.

Rudyy
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM

err. what? There are several good teams in the NFC.yup i said it. They are the only team in the conference that seems to have our number.
And they constantly kick our arses.

jjj45
03-21-2012, 06:22 PM

And they constantly kick our arses.Maybe cuz we always have to go and play in that dump dome of theirs. I'd like to see them come up to our place a couple of times and we'll see how they like the cold. Let us return the favor of *** kicking.

Flip Empty
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM

And they constantly kick our arses.
Oh, that's definitely true. It's like Payton always cranks up the dial when he faces his old team.
But to say the Saints are the ONLY threat to stop the Giants from winning the NFC is a pretty big call. Teams can change so drastically during the off-season. I like the confidence though.

MikeIsaGiant
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Where will he go? The jaguars?

TheBookOfEli
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM

They are not the only threat. Green Bay, San Fran, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas are a also a threat to us.

You could also make a case for Detroit, Carolina, and Washington.

Garbloz
03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
im not sure if the cap room is available,
but it makes perfect sense to me for san fran to go for him imo.

idc if they just signed smith if the cap room is there this could happen if they strike fast. im sure brees would strongly consider it. he may feel comfortable in no but with this scandal and loss of his hc he might want to leave and of course go to a real sb contender.

also like to add philly as a possible landing place vick regressed last year and is always hurt. that team is loaded

Flip Empty
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Where will he go? The jaguars?
I doubt it. I think he'd rather sit for a year than go there.
He says he wants to stay in New Orleans, but, after seeing Peyton Manning uproot and leave, I wouldn't rule anything out.

jomo
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Where will he go? The jaguars? I doubt it. I think he'd rather sit for a year than go there. He says he wants to stay in New Orleans, but, after seeing Peyton Manning uproot and leave, I wouldn't rule anything out.There just aren't many teams a quarter back away from a legit SB run. (don't even want to say San Francisco)

jjj45
03-21-2012, 07:28 PM

They are not the only threat. Green Bay, San Fran, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas are a also a threat to us.

You could also make a case for Detroit, Carolina, and Washington.Maybe I should have rephrased that to: "team that we seem to have absolutely no luck beating them because their coach is a jerk who hates us and we ALWAYS seem to have to freakin' play them on their own turf where they most likely pump sound into it as to make it impossible to get the audibles off before the snap"..........

That might have been a better way to put it.

derekunion28
03-21-2012, 07:33 PM
i hope they fall apart at the seems... scummie organization .....if breeze leaves lol ...afc hope

buffyblue
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM

Take is easy there. Slow down Sparky. NY Giants don't need to get over confident because there are a few teams in NFC that pose problems for us.

I am really looking forward to next season and hope NY Giants repeat. It will ne real hard to do that but it would be so awesome.