PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Is In New York, But This Town Belongs To Eli.

George_Vreeland_Hill
03-21-2012, 10:42 PM
And God said to Tim Tebow ...
"I will make thee a backup and then you will go to NY where Eli Manning will show you what it takes to go all the way."

GMenNY21
03-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Ok

Pksoze
03-21-2012, 11:05 PM
The Jets have shown they're a sideshow franchise. They don't care about winning just getting the back page. However, I am intrigued by the freakshow.

FBomb
03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Sounds like a bad SNL skit....."Little Jesus and The Foot Perv"

MikeIsaGiant
03-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks captain obvious!

cornerback30
03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Sounds like a bad SNL skit....."Little Jesus and The Foot Perv"I don't understand why people give him a hard time about his relationship with God.Why can't the guy serve God without everyone making fun of it.

JJC7301
03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
You don't have to worry about any Jet taking this town away from Eli. Ain't going to happen.

Tebow's an interesting athlete and I'm sure that the Jets will find a way to get him involved in the offense even if he doesn't win the starting QB job. However, I do think that 50% of this move is for attention.

plc
03-21-2012, 11:52 PM
If this signing brings about the end of the rexy time here in NY I will be thrilled.If the jestors play any team other than Big Blue and have Tebow as their QB I will pull for Tebow.

RoanokeFan
03-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Sounds like a bad SNL skit....."Little Jesus and The Foot Perv"I don't understand why people give him a hard time about his relationship with God.Why can't the guy serve God without everyone making fun of it.

For the same reason some people cringe when two men kiss. It's makes them uneasy. It's just the way some folks are wired.

slipknottin
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM

For the same reason some people cringe when two men kiss.* It's makes them uneasy.* It's just the way some folks are wired.

Going to be interesting when Tebow admits he is into men in a couple years.

I wonder if all the bible belt supporters of his turn on him

egyptian420
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM

I agree....I like the guy too, but sadly, I can no longer root for him....he made his bid with the devil

cornerback30
03-22-2012, 12:00 AM

For the same reason some people cringe when two men kiss. It's makes them uneasy. It's just the way some folks are wired.
Dude bad comparison no way is serving God compariable with two men kissing.I agree some people may have a hard time with it but that's not Tebow's fault.He's not holding a gun to anyone's head and demanding them to serve God or else.I just don't understand why in this league if you say something against gays you and your team gets thrown under the bus and you have to make a public apology for it,but when it comes to Jesus it's open season and nothing is said about it.People want you to accept a person's right to choose his or her's sexuality but serving God make's you the brunt of many jokes and it's alright.He who laughs last laughs best.

MikeIsaGiant
03-22-2012, 12:05 AM

For the same reason some people cringe when two men kiss.* It's makes them uneasy.* It's just the way some folks are wired.
Dude bad comparison no way is serving God compariable with two men kissing.I agree some people may have a hard time with it but that's not Tebow's fault.He's not holding a gun to anyone's head and demanding them to serve God or else.I just don't understand why in this league if you say something against gays you and your team gets thrown under the bus and you have to make a public apology for it,but when it comes to Jesus it's open season and nothing is said about it.People want you to accept a person's right to choose his or her's sexuality but serving God make's you the brunt of many jokes and it's alright.He who laughs last laughs best.

Lol ok.

Is tebow going to try and illegalize same-sex marriage again in New York now that he's here?

Since you know, he's the prophet

rainierjef
03-22-2012, 12:11 AM
at this point the jets jut need to sell tickets that's all this is

egyptian420
03-22-2012, 12:11 AM

I would have to disagree and say that it is a fair comparison because Tebow exhibits that kind of behavior outwardly and constantly. If a gay player was kissing his teamate after a TD instead of Tebowing, I bet people would be outraged as well.

I'm a Christian, but I do NOT wear it on my sleeve in front of 20 million people every day...that's why he gets criticized.

We got player on our team that are clearly religious, you see it in their tweets, you seen them praying in the locker room.....but they just don't over do it in front of the camera, and rightfully so.

I love Tebow and I been rooting for him this whole year and hope nothing but the best for him, but he should just tone it down a bit and keep his personal life personal.

rainierjef
03-22-2012, 12:12 AM

its not that, its the way the media publicizes it. i honestly think hes a very religious person but the way the media mocks it or over hypes it makes it look like hes doing it for attention, and some people do get that.

chasjay
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM

If you accept that god (or God) is a reality, then you have to accept that god (or God) recognizes that service without the need of the physical gesticulations of bowing, kneeling, pointing at the sky, tapping the chest, pressing palms together or teaching a man to fish. All those things are for human consumption.

By the way - I like Tim Tebow and am not offended by either his words or his actions. I just felt like putting in my two cents.

Out of Exile
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I like Tebow. The hate is so ridiculous. I would love to see him play over that garbage QB they have at the moment.

ebick
03-22-2012, 12:14 AM

Going to be interesting when Tebow admits he is into men in a couple years. I wonder if all the bible belt supporters of his turn on him</P>

LMAO</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Wow.....Eli just became the 3rd best QB in NY</FONT></P>

BlueBlitzer
03-22-2012, 12:16 AM

No it's just Hating. Remember before the draft, all the Chuckle Heads saying He'll never be a 1st RD pick . but there He was. He'll never be a starter, then He became one. He'll never win a game, and then He went on a winning streak. He'll never take a team to the playoffs, But then He won His division. He'll never win a playoff game, And once again He shut there mouths, beating the Steelers. As much as I dislike the Jets, Tim might be just what the doctor ordered for that Screwed up locker room.

slipknottin
03-22-2012, 12:19 AM
No it's just Hating. Remember before the draft, all the Chuckle Heads saying He'll never be a 1st RD pick . but there He was. He'll never be a starter, then He became one. He'll never win a game, and then He went on a winning streak. He'll never take a team to the playoffs, But then He won His division. He'll never win a playoff game, And once again.

How about "he will never be a good NFL QB"

Still waiting.

He has the worst arm of every single QB in the NFL including every backup.

But we can go on talking about how great he was because Denver had a great running game and a top defense, and their kicker won them like 5 games.

BlueBlitzer
03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
No it's just Hating. Remember before the draft, all the Chuckle Heads saying He'll never be a 1st RD pick . but there He was. He'll never be a starter, then He became one. He'll never win a game, and then He went on a winning streak. He'll never take a team to the playoffs, But then He won His division. He'll never win a playoff game, And once again.

How about "he will never be a good NFL QB"

Still waiting.

He has the worst arm of every single QB in the NFL including every backup.

But we can go on talking about how great he was because Denver had a great running game and a top defense, and their kicker won them like 5 games.

Yeah, He just sat on the bench and did nothin. Your just Hating.

Dabluguy
03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
I just hope the jets crash and burn(no Pun intended) this season. The hilarity will insue.

slipknottin
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM

Did you watch any of his games? When did you ever see anything that looked like a legitimate starting NFL caliber QB?

I saw a QB who was far better running the ball than throwing. Like Ronnie Brown.

BlueBlitzer
03-22-2012, 12:45 AM

Did you watch any of his games? When did you ever see anything that looked like a legitimate starting NFL caliber QB?

I saw a QB who was far better running the ball than throwing. Like Ronnie Brown.

Legitimate indeed. What are you a Stat guy ? If he was as terrible as you and others make Him out to be, He'd do nothing but throw interceptions and lose every game. He has gotten better not worse. Is He where he needs to be ? no. It's not as if the Broncos were San Fran - East ( One player away from SB ) They have missing pieces. They could have used that 90 Mill. on other players.

Spizi
03-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Tim Tebow is going to be successful in this league one day. he's going to outwork anyone and he has that obvious intangible to just elevate everyone's play around him. He is a natural leader and a really good person. He deserves success more than anyone. Besides if Eli can go from a top 15 QB to top 3 why can't Tebow be a top 15 QB one day?

slipknottin
03-22-2012, 01:31 AM
He has gotten better not worse.

Yea, he was vastly improved when he played the patriots in the playoffs, what was he, 9 for 30 for 130 yards? Yea, he was just great.

The only reason Tebow was successful was because of the option offense. Which much like the wildcat offense, is extremely limited, and once NFL defenses adjust to it, its effectiveness dies out.

Tebow to be successful will have to learn to pass from the pocket. Something he has made absolutely zero progress doing.

But the Tebow fan club thinks he is just a tremendous passer.

slipknottin
03-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Tim Tebow is going to be successful in this league one day. he's going to outwork anyone and he has that obvious intangible to just elevate everyone's play around him. He is a natural leader and a really good person. He deserves success more than anyone. Besides if Eli can go from a top 15 QB to top 3 why can't Tebow be a top 15 QB one day?

This is the most BS post I have ever seen in my life.

Tebow is going to outwork everyone? Not possible. NFL is full of guys who work every bit as hard as Tebow.

Second, intangibles are complete BS. They are excuses for people to not actually evaluate the player. Just like the "it" factor or "hes a winner". Play on the field dictates whether you win or lose, not some poppy**** inner power.

And Eli has always had an elite arm, the ability to make any throw.

That doesnt come from working, either you have it or you dont.

Colt McCoy is never going to have the arm strength of an Aaron Rodgers. No matter what.

Tebow can certainly improve his accuracy, his throwing motion, his mechanics. But there is so much wrong with him that he is going to be 40 by the time he fixes it. And he STILL wont have the velocity to be an elite QB.

Natural leader is also some other crap. Does being a natural leader let you complete a pass on 3rd and long?

w_mann5
03-22-2012, 03:35 AM
Jets fans are going nuts on their boards. Even Joe Willie disapproved of Tebow. It's a circus that the Jets don't need. He was signed to A) Sell tickets. The NFL is still a business, not a democracy. B) Light a fire under Mark Sanchez.

jparmer
03-22-2012, 06:59 AM

If you accept that god (or God) is a reality, then you have to accept that god (or God) recognizes that service without the need of the physical gesticulations of bowing, kneeling, pointing at the sky, tapping the chest, pressing palms together or teaching a man to fish. All those things are for human consumption.

By the way - I like Tim Tebow and am not offended by either his words or his actions. I just felt like putting in my two cents.

It's a free country, why is it not ok for a Christian to pray in public? How many times have u seen anyone else in the league point to the Sky after a family member died? Guys tap their chests all the time, its not a religious thing. Everyone celebrates in a different way. Let the guy kneel and pray if he wants to

jparmer
03-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Jets fans are going nuts on their boards. Even Joe Willie disapproved of Tebow. It's a circus that the Jets don't need. He was signed to A) Sell tickets. The NFL is still a business, not a democracy. B) Light a fire under Mark Sanchez.

My brother is a life long jets fan. He is threatening to pick a new team. Haha

LTMVP8686
03-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Mike Francesa blasting the Tebow trade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYeJIt-pkM

Pksoze
03-22-2012, 08:04 AM
I don't listen to the guy often but he's spot on about Tebow.

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 08:21 AM

Amen! (no pun intended).

PLEASE don't let him go to the Jets - the Post and Daily News back covers will be smokin' during football season - not to mention, since they upped Sanchez' salary to 'prove' he's the leader, I don't see Tebow being the starter. He's not going to a team to be a backup. I see him in Miami, maybe.

bLuereverie
03-22-2012, 08:29 AM

Amen! (no pun intended).

PLEASE don't let him go to the Jets - the Post and Daily News back covers will be smokin' during football season - not to mention, since they upped Sanchez' salary to 'prove' he's the leader, I don't see Tebow being the starter. He's not going to a team to be a backup. I see him in Miami, maybe.

It's official. He's a Jet.

bluesince86
03-22-2012, 08:39 AM

Since when do the Jets have a problem selling tickets? Every home game is sold out, I dont think thats the reason for this move. This doesnt make the Jets better at all either, this move makes no sense. I mean I know Sparano loves the wildcat, but how many plays a game is that actually going to amount to? And if Sanchez is their guy as they have repeated over and over, they arent doing anything to help develop him into a better QB by bringing Tebow in. Sanchez has enough pressure on him as it is, and now they bring in Tebow which is going to put even more pressure on him. The first bad game he has fans, media, ect...will be calling for Tebow. Man Im grateful the Giants have a coach and a front office that actually knows what they are doing.

Redeyejedi
03-22-2012, 08:44 AM

I wonder if all the bible belt supporters of his turn on himIve wondered the same thing

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 08:57 AM

Amen! (no pun intended).

It's official. He's a Jet.

Yeah. Guess I'm late to the party. Didn't see these posts till this am. And, as scheduled, the backpages of The Post and Daily News are having a field day. Have a pic of the statue of Liberty 'Tebowing', coining phrases such as 'Timsanity' (move over, Jeremy Lin - nice knowing ya for 15 mins), have a front cover of him 'Tebowing' with the phrase 'God Him' (instead of 'got him' - please!) oh, and my personal favorite, 'Tebowpocalypse'.

Really. These journalists are trying WAY too hard to come up with kitchy stuff. It's just nauseating.

I don't care how they spin it, Sanchez' confidence must be at an all time low. They say they're gonna use Tebow in 'Wildcat' formations and 'goal line' and 'third and short' sitches, but I can't believe this guy is going to be happy as a backup. My personal opinion, that if Sanchez tanks this season (and I think it's the last year of his contract) they 've already secured Tebow.

What a circus this is going to be. At least he'll be on the sidelines most of the game so Monday's back pages won't be filled with Jesus references and clever religious sayings. And you KNOW the first interception Sanchez throws the crowd's gonna be 'TEBOW' TEBOW! .

All I can say is thank GOD (no pun intended - I really do thank HIM) that we are absolutely, 100% secure in our QB position and have zero drama (welll, compared to the Jets and Saints that is!)

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Since when do the Jets have a problem selling tickets? Every home game is sold out, I dont think thats the reason for this move. This doesnt make the Jets better at all either, this move makes no sense. I mean I know Sparano loves the wildcat, but how many plays a game is that actually going to amount to?

And how long before their opponents figure them out - ergo the Wildcat won't be the surprise play that fools the other team?

Redeyejedi
03-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Jets are staring at a 6-10 season.The only thing that will give them a chance is that the AFC is weaker then the NFC. The Jets came close they went for it with win now FA's and trading draft picks but they didnt cash the check. They can turn it around quickly in 2 drafts but from this move I can tell they wont take the step back to take 3 steps forward. They will do the same thing they always do.I think they trade the farm for Trent Richardson

bluesince86
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM

Since when do the Jets have a problem selling tickets? Every home game is sold out, I dont think thats the reason for this move. This doesnt make the Jets better at all either, this move makes no sense. I mean I know Sparano loves the wildcat, but how many plays a game is that actually going to amount to?

And how long before their opponents figure them out - ergo the Wildcat won't be the surprise play that fools the other team?

If I remember correctly, the wild cat hasnt been that surprise play that its thought of since Sporano's first season with Miami. Teams are going to have a play ready for the wildcat if they see Tebow out there.

Redeyejedi
03-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Jets did this to sell tickets and take the back pages from the Giants nothing more. The Jets are crushed that the Giants won the Super Bowl and they dont know how to deal with it. This is a desperate attempt to try to get the buzz back. Jets better start quickly or there season will spin out of control. A couple losses and people will be chanting for Tebow

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Jets did this to sell tickets and take the back pages from the Giants nothing more. The Jets are crushed that the Giants won the Super Bowl and they dont know how to deal with it. This is a desperate attempt to try to get the buzz back. Jets better start quickly or there season will spin out of control. A couple losses and people will be chanting for Tebow

Exactly. I wrote my post before I listened to Francesa's rant and I can't believe we thought the same thoughts. Glad someone posted that link - I didn't know WFAN puts up Francesa's past opening statements. I even found the on he and Kwis Wooooooso did following the SB 42. Got some good listening in my downtime because I missed a lot of these

GameTime
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
the Jets will always be the undercard and the Giants will always be the main event. </P>

</P>

yelberton
03-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Read Matthew 6:1 for guidance my child.

MikeIsaGiant
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM

You don't know how many jets fans that I know that never really buy tickes that are actually thinking about buying season tickets about this.

A very good marketing ploy to be honest.

Redeyejedi
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Steve Serby called the Jets "Ringless Brothers, Ryan and Tebow Circus" LMAO

Morehead State
03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
I can actually see Tebow and Eli becoming friends.

GMENAGAIN
03-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Jets did this to sell tickets and take the back pages from the Giants nothing more. The Jets are crushed that the Giants won the Super Bowl and they dont know how to deal with it. This is a desperate attempt to try to get the buzz back. Jets better start quickly or there season will spin out of control. A couple losses and people will be chanting for Tebow You don't know how many jets fans that I know that never really buy tickes that are actually thinking about buying season tickets about this. A very good marketing ploy to be honest.</P>

From a purely football perspective, the move is asinine.</P>

However, we don't know how much the economic part ofthe move was factored into the decision. If bringing Tebow in results in millions more in ticket sales, then maybe that economic benefit outweighs the football "cons" of this move . . . ..</P>

In my opinion, though, the best way to attract more fans and to make more money over the long haul is to win . . . . not to make splashy moves designed to generateback page headlines. This move does not seem like one that will positively affect the team's record (again, just my opinion).</P>

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 11:06 AM

You don't know how many jets fans that I know that never really buy tickes that are actually thinking about buying season tickets about this.

A very good marketing ploy to be honest.

Nameth thinks so too!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/namath_calls_tebow_trade_publicity_whEVV7hAPhzaGbN PjZoy9N

(again, I still have to master 'linking' - sorry)

Although I agree with this guy, he makes me laugh. He acts as if the Jets need his permission to make a move.

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Steve Serby called the Jets "Ringless Brothers, Ryan and Tebow Circus" LMAO

+1 million!!!

That...is .....just.....awesome beyond words!

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2012, 11:08 AM
However, we don't know how much the economic part ofthe move was factored into the decision. If bringing Tebow in results in millions more in ticket sales, then maybe that economic benefit outweighs the football "cons" of this move . . . ..</p>

The Jets are ALWAYS doing things backwards. I remember in the 90s when they brought in Ronnie Lott and Art Monk and they keep doing it, they did it 3 years ago with Brett Favre. They are trying to sell jerseys and putt butts in seats and then hope something good happens on the field.

If you want to be "talked about" (which is what they want) the way to do it is to BUILD A GOOD TEAM AND WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

You can't have two better contrasts.

GMENAGAIN
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Agreed.</P>

I have a feeling that their team is just going to implode this year and that Ryan and Tannenbaum will then be tossed out on their ears . . . . . </P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2012, 11:16 AM
<font color="#FF0000">I might buy Jets tickets to watch their destruction.</font>

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
<font color="#FF0000">I might buy Jets tickets to watch their destruction.</font>

Nah - watch it on tv (if you're in the NY-Metro area or in CT (like me). This way you get a good laugh AND have cash in your pocket!

GmenFan1980
03-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Nah - watch it on tv (if you're in the NY-Metro area or in CT (like me). This way you get a good laugh AND have cash in your pocket!

Should be saying this by week 5 lol

http://site.chowdaheadz.com/googleimages/jets-suck-t-shirt-just-end-their-season.jpg

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2012, 11:34 AM
If they're THAT upset by being overshadowed by the Giants, then move. Go to LA and have a town all to yourselves.

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 11:42 AM
If they're THAT upset by being overshadowed by the Giants, then move.* Go to LA and have a town all to yourselves.

Or build your own dang stadium that you can call your own!

Easy-Duz-It
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM

whaaa? it was actually a great comparison. you obviously just have a difficult time understanding how religion can make others feel uneasy. but it can.

let me ask you...when have you ever seen gay men holding a gun to someone's head and forcing them to watch them kiss? because you pretty much said that it's something that does happen. haha. i think maybe you are confused.

the bad comparison here is the one that you are making. you are assuming that gay people choose to be gay.

well they don't.

on the other hand, christians choose to be religious. which is why it's okay to ridicule them.

ru_gmen55
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM

Clearly those people don't listen to a word Justin Tuck says...or Victor Cruz and Antrel Rolle for that matter. They don't quote biblical verse or anything, but they certainly talk a whole lot about God.

Easy-Duz-It
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM

It's a free country, why is it not ok for a Christian to pray in public? How many times have u seen anyone else in the league point to the Sky after a family member died? Guys tap their chests all the time, its not a religious thing. Everyone celebrates in a different way. Let the guy kneel and pray if he wants to

exactly. it's a free country.

he is free to 'tebow'.

and i am free to make fun of him.

Easy-Duz-It
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM
this is a terrible move for the jets. as everyone has already mentioned, it's going to be a circus. this is not what the doctor ordered.

a better move would've been to fire rex ryan, but they're already too late for that.

i feel bad for sanchez. think of all the extra crap he's gonna have to deal with now, on top of trying to become a franchise level qb.

sanchez has the potential and tebow doesn't. what are the jets thinking? they can say they got him as a back-up and for special packages all they want, it just won't work out so easily. tim tebow is too polarizing a figure to not only give up that much for him, but to give that much for him to have him be a situational benchwarmer.

Irishwars
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Why would they fire rex? Woody loves him. The jets arent around to win championships, thats the giants job in this town.

The jet exist to make news

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7682/screenshot20120322at111.png

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM

sanchez has the potential and tebow doesn't. what are the jets thinking? .

With everything Tebow did in college and how he helped bring Denver to the playoffs last season - explain why he 'doesn't have potential' and what's so great about Sanchez that he 'does'?

jimsgints
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
The Jets like to gamble.. The Giants do not. The Giants organization make smart, good decisions and when they were going out on a limb it wasn't with a QB like Tebow. BUt then again look at the SB ring count.
Tebow prays, everyone else "Tebows" when they mok him..

Easy-Duz-It
03-22-2012, 01:41 PM

sanchez has the potential and tebow doesn't. what are the jets thinking? .

With everything Tebow did in college and how he helped bring Denver to the playoffs last season - explain why he 'doesn't have potential' and what's so great about Sanchez that he 'does'?

that'd be rather pointless. i'm sure someone has already tried to explain it to you before, but yet you still believe what you believe.

my view is based on the 5-6 broncos games that i watched tebow play in this year, as well as the highlight reels/stat lines, and the countless current and former players, coaches, and gm's who don't seem to see the potential franchise qb role for tebow that his fans see in him.

sanchez got the jets to two afc championships in a row,(so no need to compare resumes) and i've actually seen the guy actually play quarterback, as opposed to tebow who seems to be some sort of bizarre qb/hb hybrid snap-taker.

rebelfan1966
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
</P>

I agree.... plus, its not like he is the only openly religious athlete playing sports today. I see players, in all arenas, taking a knee to pray. I personally think it is a good thing.</P>

Bing Crosby
03-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Man we have the gay bashers, and the anti-religious bigots around. Some of you people and your hang ups.

Back on topic this town belongs to Eli, and until the Jets win a Superbowl they don't even get into the conversation of who's town it is.

giantsforce
03-22-2012, 04:12 PM

I would have to disagree and say that it is a fair comparison because Tebow exhibits that kind of behavior outwardly and constantly. If a gay player was kissing his teamate after a TD instead of Tebowing, I bet people would be outraged as well.

I'm a Christian, but I do NOT wear it on my sleeve in front of 20 million people every day...that's why he gets criticized.

We got player on our team that are clearly religious, you see it in their tweets, you seen them praying in the locker room.....but they just don't over do it in front of the camera, and rightfully so.

I love Tebow and I been rooting for him this whole year and hope nothing but the best for him, but he should just tone it down a bit and keep his personal life personal.
I guess you must be too young to remember Emmitt Smith kneeling in the end zone and making the sign of the cross every time he scored a TD. I did not see anyone complain then or make fun of Smith. How was that different than Tebowing? I guess it must have been a different time back then.

giantsforce
03-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Why would they fire rex? Woody loves him. The jets arent around to win championships, thats the giants job in this town.

The jet exist to make newsWhich serves the Giants right since the Jets hog the spotlight and then we turn on the stealth and surprise everyone by winning when it counts.

Morehead State
03-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I think from a purely football perpective that this is a great move by the Jets</P>

With a "Tebow package" of 10 or so plays per game it makes this Jets offense much more difficult to game plan against, and makes theie offense more dynamic.</P>

Its the non-football stuff that can be a proplem. The controversy, the fans demands etc... Thats the potential problem.</P>

Kruunch
03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
I think from a purely football perpective that this is a great move by the Jets</P>

With a "Tebow package" of 10 or so plays per game it makes this Jets offense much more difficult to game plan against, and makes theie offense more dynamic.</P>

Its the non-football stuff that can be a proplem.* The controversy, the fans demands etc...* Thats the potential problem.</P>

+1 [b]

Plus the extra marketing ain't bad either ;)

GMENAGAIN
03-22-2012, 04:21 PM
<FONT size=4>I think from a purely football perpective that this is a great move by the Jets</FONT></P>

Its the non-football stuff that can be a proplem. The controversy, the fans demands etc... Thats the potential problem.</P>

</P>

ha ha ha . . . good one</P>

Bing Crosby
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I guess you must be too young to remember Emmitt Smith kneeling in the end zone and making the sign of the cross every time he scored a TD. I did not see anyone complain then or make fun of Smith. How was that different than Tebowing? I guess it must have been a different time back then.

The whole "outrage" over "religion in sports" suddenly is another media creation to keep people watching ESPN and the NFL network when nothing is really going on.

Religion has been a part of sports since the beginning. Believers thank God when good things happen to them, whether its winning a game or winning a gambling bet. The fact that it's suddenly "outrageous" to some is ridiculous. I mean come on people is anyone's life really so boring that we have to make up issues, or follow the issues that the media make up and pretend to be outraged?

Skip Bayless and the boys needed a topic to discuss so Bayless became Tebow's public defender, which turned into Tebow's name becoming a verb, and then the kid became "scandalized". Wake up people, your being fooled by a group of snake oil salesmen! The difference between Tebow and every other second stringer who got into the spotlight is the way the media has handled him.

Morehead State
03-22-2012, 04:34 PM
<FONT size=4>I think from a purely football perpective that this is a great move by the Jets</FONT></P>

</P>

ha ha ha . . . good one</P>

</P>

Hey I don't have a dog in this fight. I just see a nice upside by bringing a guy like Tebow in.</P>

The guys skills are what they are (good and bad) but he does offer a challenge to opposing defenses as a change of pace. Thats just football 101 my friend.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
I think from a purely football perpective that this is a great move by the Jets</p>

With a "Tebow package" of 10 or so plays per game it makes this Jets offense much more difficult to game plan against, and makes theie offense more dynamic.</p>

Its the non-football stuff that can be a proplem. The controversy, the fans demands etc... Thats the potential problem.</p>

I think the opposite. My belief is that his signing was a business decision not a football
decision. It's going to force their hand and Tebow will be starting by
mid season and nobody is going to like the results.

They've got a time-bomb on their hands. The media and fans (especially the new Tebow groupies who will jump on board) will be clamoring for Tebow as soon as Sanchez makes his first incompletion. It's a QB controversy in the making from the get-go. It will be a weekly drum-beat on the sports pages.

Plus the meddlesome Woody Johnson will be pushing them to play his revenue generator so he can get more spotlight and generate more revenue. A poster on the Jets board aptly said, "When the public pays to see elephants at the circus, they get elephants". Tebow isn't going there to play in 5-10 plays per game.

As for the "Tebow packages" people wisened up to the wildcat 2 years ago and when Tebow comes in then everybody knows it will be a run.

Morehead State
03-22-2012, 05:21 PM

I think the opposite. My belief is that his signing was a business decision not a football decision. It's going to force their hand and Tebow will be starting by mid season and nobody is going to like the results.

They've got a time-bomb on their hands. The media and fans (especially the new Tebow groupies who will jump on board) will be clamoring for Tebow as soon as Sanchez makes his first incompletion. It's a QB controversy in the making from the get-go. It will be a weekly drum-beat on the sports pages.

Plus the meddlesome Woody Johnson will be pushing them to play his revenue generator so he can get more spotlight and generate more revenue. A poster on the Jets board aptly said, "When the public pays to see elephants at the circus, they get elephants". Tebow isn't going there to play in 5-10 plays per game.

As for the "Tebow packages" people wisened up to the wildcat 2 years ago and when Tebow comes in then everybody knows it will be a run.

</P>

I never said anything about the Wilcat. I do think however that non traditional plays run by a guy of Tebow's abilities can offer a great change of pace in an offensive game plan.</P>

And as for the "everybody knows its a run" position. Thats what the Steelers thought when he kept beating them over the top when they overplayed the run.</P>

I don't think that Tebow in his current form can run an effective offense as a starter in the long run. I do think that in a non traditional role, he can be very effective.</P>

slipknottin
03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Thats what the Steelers thought when he kept beating them over the top when they overplayed the run.

Kept? He completed 10 passes the entire game.

The option offense is exactly like the wildcat, works great but long term will fizzle and die out. To be a successful long term NFL QB you have to complete passes from the pocket.

Morehead State
03-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Thats what the Steelers thought when he kept beating them over the top when they overplayed the run. Kept? He completed 10 passes the entire game. The option offense is exactly like the wildcat, works great but long term will fizzle and die out. To be a successful long term NFL QB you have to complete passes from the pocket.</P>

For over 300 yards. And the winning TD when the safety overplayed the run.</P>

Offense is about making big plays. he did and they won a playoff game against a great defense.</P>

Please don't misunderstand...I don't think the offense Tebow ran in Denver is sustainable as an everyday NFL offense. </P>

BUT...I do think it can work very well in smalll doses amid a traditional offense. especially one as undynamic as the Jets.</P>

Toadofsteel
03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
All you christian bashers out there... you guys DO know that TC says a prayer with the team during his postgame locker room speeches, right? They usually edit that part out.

All in all I feel bad for Tebow. He seems like a decent guy... look up "Tebow Helmet Feed" on youtube and you'll see he is actually a fairly genuine stand-up guy that you wouldn't mind having a beer with. It's the stupid media crap that makes people hate him...

heavyhitter
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
<font size="2">"I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I
think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's
wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I
don't think they know what they're doing over there."

Asked whether he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

"And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said
</font><font size="2">http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/20/bb/Cartoons%2020111214_5_Chip%20Bok.jpg</font>

egyptian420
03-22-2012, 07:36 PM
All you christian bashers out there... you guys DO know that TC says a prayer with the team during his postgame locker room speeches, right? They usually edit that part out.

All in all I feel bad for Tebow. He seems like a decent guy... look up "Tebow Helmet Feed" on youtube and you'll see he is actually a fairly genuine stand-up guy that you wouldn't mind having a beer with. It's the stupid media crap that makes people hate him...
+1....it's funny because they never used to edit that part out then all of a sudden they did, clearly people were complaining about it

Bing Crosby
03-22-2012, 07:51 PM
<font size="2">
</font><font size="2">http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/20/bb/Cartoons%2020111214_5_Chip%20Bok.jpg</font>

I find that extremely funny for some reason.

heavyhitter
03-22-2012, 07:57 PM
<p align="center">http://www.onlygators.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/tebow-jets-logo.jpg</p><h3>Tebow 95 yard game winning drive against jets epic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KR638W3tRc)</h3><p align="center">
</p>

heavyhitter
03-22-2012, 08:47 PM
<font size="2">I'm not sure NYC is a good fit for ole' Timmy boy to play football. I can see where it makes sense in the marketing/money aspect though. He'll make more in endorsements than he will playing football. In addition to that, Tebow is on a mission to castrate Cromartie. NYC= Cash money
"We don't need Tebow," Cromartie wrote. "We sell out every home game. Let him go to Jacksonville, Tampa or Miami." "Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for
@Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3
year [extension]," Cromartie wrote Wednesday before news of the Tebow
trade broke.
</font>

RoanokeFan
03-22-2012, 08:53 PM

I wonder if all the bible belt supporters of his turn on him

YIKES! Well, first they will try to save him and then they'll want to kill him [;)]

chasjay
03-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Hey I don't have a dog in this fight. </p>

Yeah, well Michael Vick tried to make that fly, too!!!

yatitle
03-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Its not a good move from either a chemistry or a football side. If they wanted to light a fire under Sanchez by bringing in Tebow why would you do it AFTER you extended Sanchez for 20 million guaranteed. Remember Tebow was one of the 5 QBs with a lower completion % than Sanchez. Note nobody else was willing to give up a 4th rounder for Tebow and Elway couldn't wait to get rid of the PR headache and circus. He traded Tebow less than 48 hours after signing Peyton.

FBomb
03-23-2012, 01:39 AM

I didn't make fun of it at all. I was pointing out the vast difference of the two personalties. It's going to be interesting to see how Tebow handles NY.

One thing is for sure, the Jets LOVE being in the spotlight. If they can't do it by winning they'll do it by creating controversy. I can't wait until Sanchez has his first bad game!!!

FBomb
03-23-2012, 01:48 AM

</P>

For the record......I poke fun sexuality too....and I think you're being a tad dramatic. I don't really see anyone in the NFL making fun of his religous beliefs. The kid is respected by his peers.</P>

chasjay
03-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Its not a good move from either a chemistry or a football side. If they wanted to light a fire under Sanchez by bringing in Tebow why would you do it AFTER you extended Sanchez for 20 million guaranteed. Remember Tebow was one of the 5 QBs with a lower completion % than Sanchez. Note nobody else was willing to give up a 4th rounder for Tebow and Elway couldn't wait to get rid of the PR headache and circus. He traded Tebow less than 48 hours after signing Peyton.

I disagree with it not being a good football move, because I honestly think the Jets chances of winning more games this season are enhanced by having Tebow on the team. How else do you measure a football move? The chemistry issue is up to the players involved and apparently the Jets' players have cooked up plenty of bad chemistry in the past without having Tebow as an excuse. I think it is all on the players - bad chemistry is not an inescapable result.

Joe Morrison
03-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Jets will use him like they used Brad Smith.</P>

Sanchez is not the answer so who know what lies ahead.</P>

Feel bad for Tebow ending up in that dysfunctional team but wish him the best.</P>

LTMVP8686
03-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Against the Pats in the playoffs

Passing CP/Ap YDS TD
Tebow 9/26 136 0 0

SweetZombieJesus
03-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Sanchez is not the answer so who know what lies ahead.</p>

Feel bad for Tebow ending up in that dysfunctional team but wish him the best.</p>

This is why it makes zero football sense.

Sanchez was already hearing footsteps last year. Then they went after Peyton Manning, and when he slapped them down they extended Sanchez. Then they bring in Tebow. How can Sanchez be anything other than a wreck? He should be demanding his agent get him the hell out of Florham Park ASAP.

If they don't have confidence in Sanchez (which is pretty obvious given the Peyton and Tebow moves), fine, then bring in another QB who can actually play the position, not one of the worst people at the position. Tim Tebow is NOT going to be some savior at the QB position for any team, he's a novelty act. Look how fast Elway couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Sanchez still stands to lose his job but due to popular demand not talent. This is a disaster in the making, buy 50 lb bags of popcorn and a spare popper, it's going to be fun to watch.

FBomb
03-23-2012, 09:57 AM

Feel bad for Tebow ending up in that dysfunctional team but wish him the best.</P>

Sanchez was already hearing footsteps last year. Then they went after Peyton Manning, and when he slapped them down they extended Sanchez. Then they bring in Tebow. How can Sanchez be anything other than a wreck? He should be demanding his agent get him the hell out of Florham Park ASAP.

If they don't have confidence in Sanchez (which is pretty obvious given the Peyton and Tebow moves), fine, then bring in another QB who can actually play the position, not one of the worst people at the position. Tim Tebow is NOT going to be some savior at the QB position for any team, he's a novelty act. Look how fast Elway couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Sanchez still stands to lose his job but due to popular demand not talent. This is a disaster in the making, buy 50 lb bags of popcorn and a spare popper, it's going to be fun to watch.
</P>

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyXEJzADnLiPw_My89ourqM0mmAW3XZ o1E5XkMjfm26blFuDRq</P>

Morehead State
03-23-2012, 10:21 AM

</P>

I think we are having a disagreement about what is and isn't "football" related.</P>

You say it doesn't make football sense and then you talk about "being slapped down" and "hearing footsteps". These are NON football considerations.</P>

To be the good football consideration is what would happen on the field. In that respect I think its a good move. To have a package of 10 or so plays which create new and inique problems for defenses is <U>good football</U>.</P>

The fears of Mark Sanchez and the team's having to deal with his feelings are NON FOOTBALL considerations.</P>

CTLadyBlue
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Front and back pages of The Post

http://www.nypost.com/archives/covers/;jsessionid=03CA08728ECD5914FA5134B12E2BB028

And The Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/the-week

So, The Post is really going overboard trying to come up with the kitchiest religious expressions where TDN already has Tebow after Sanchez' job.

If it was press, media and attention the Jets wanted, they sure as heck got it. What's that saying - be careful what you ask for. Or...to be more appropo, 'you reap what you sow'.

The draft hasn't even begun. We still have training camp & pre-season. Jeremy Lin better have enjoyed his short lived fame because 'TimSanity' is about to start.

03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Tebow is a very good football player ...but come on ; the dude is so deep in the closet they are gonna have Tebow sightings in Chelsea

bigblue58
03-23-2012, 12:08 PM
The Circus has officially come to town!!!!
The Jets are like the NFL version of Reality TV....BAD Reality tv
By week 3...opposing D's will have both the wildcat and Tebow figured out, and THEN what?
Like everything else the Jests have tried in their quest to stay on the backpages of the local sports pages....Tebow time will be yet another failed experiment that does nothing to make the Jets ..or Sanchez for that matter...better.
The Jests don't seem to understand that the Giants have gladly conceded the back pages of the local papers, in order to concentrate on playing winning football and defending their SUPER BOWL CROWN!

CTLadyBlue
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM

Wait till training camp. It's gonna be better than a Kardashian wedding with The Housewives as bridesmaids!

bigblue58
03-23-2012, 12:21 PM

Wait till training camp. It's gonna be better than a Kardashian wedding with The Housewives as bridesmaids!

They might as well be Kardashians.....Rex already has Kim's fat behind and a face like Klohe!

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM

I was commenting on the reaction, not comparing the two issues.

A lot of players publicly give thanks to God during games and interviews. Tebow has not cornered that market.

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 12:31 PM
<font color="#0000FF">Tebow is a very good football player</font> ...but come on ; the dude is so deep in the closet they are gonna have Tebow sightings in Chelsea

It is fascinating when you look at his throwing mechanics. He may be a very good "player" but he's not a very good "passer."

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM

Feel bad for Tebow ending up in that dysfunctional team but wish him the best.</p>

</p>

I think we are having a disagreement about what is and isn't "football" related.</p>

You say it doesn't make football sense and then you talk about "being slapped down" and "hearing footsteps". These are NON football considerations.</p>

To be the good football consideration is what would happen on the field. In that respect I think its a good move. To have a package of 10 or so plays which create new and inique problems for defenses is <u>good football</u>.</p>

The fears of Mark Sanchez and the team's having to deal with his feelings are NON FOOTBALL considerations.</p>

MS, I'm not convinced the end game is to have Tebow available for 10 or so plays per game. I think they are going to replace Sanchez sooner than anyone thinks. How many back up QB's get a press conference when they sign?

Bing Crosby
03-23-2012, 12:38 PM

I think your wrong about the Jet's opinion of Sanchez. I honestly don't think they are trying to replace him with Tebow.

Also if Sanchez is really such a loser that he can't beat out Tim Tebow? Is he so weak and so pathetic that Tim Tebow is a threat to him? Honestly is he that much of a pansy? He's suppose to be a PROFESSIONAL Athlete. If he can't handle a little competition from Tim Tebow of all people he doesn't deserve to be a starter.

Also since the Jets seem to be returning to the ground and pound game that got them to the AFC championship games before I doubt Sanchez is going to be knocked out of the game just because of the Tebowmaniacs. He should be strong enough to deal with it, or the man doesn't deserve to be a starter and should become a back up like Kyle Orton is now. A little fire under his feet should be a good thing, lets see if he is a pro or a still whiny young adult who expects everything on a silver platter.

Sanchez wants to shut people up? Let him prove himself like Eli had too.

CTLadyBlue
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Also if Sanchez is really such a loser that he can't beat out Tim Tebow? Is he so weak and so pathetic that Tim Tebow is a threat to him? Honestly is he that much of a pansy? He's suppose to be a PROFESSIONAL Athlete. If he can't handle a little competition from Tim Tebow of all people he doesn't deserve to be a starter..

But that's the point - Tebow WASN'T brought in to compete for the starting QB job. He shouldn't HAVE to worry about a LITTLE competition from Tebow if he's only considered a backup and Sanchez has just been tossed extra moola as a show of confidence. This move completely contradicts that.

No matter how much the 3-Ringless Circus of Tannebaum, Johnson and Ryan spin it, the media is salivating over how to fill the back pages with as much controversy as possible - and that A #1 controvery will be the security of Sanchez' job REGARDLESS of the fact that those three stooges are drinking Kool-Aid behind closed doors.

About Sanchez supposing to be a professional - I don't care how professional and even tempered you are. When you are demonized by the press, asked stupid question after stupid question about your job week after week after week after week, the pressure builds. Yeah, everyone can say, "Well, look at Eli and what he went through when he got here and he overcame it". You cannot compare Eli to Sanchez. Eli had been trained from a very young age and comes from pro football stock and probably has a different demeanor than Sanchez to where he was able to publicly handle the way fans tore him apart when he first got here. But I never remember in Eli's 8 years here fans screaming for the backup, having a backups QB jersey suddenly be a hot seller, having a backup QBs card already made out, having that backup QB arrive in a private jet and hold press conferences. That spells one thing - my job may be on the line, even though I was PROMISED and SWORN TO that it wasn't. Lying, hypocritical a-holes that Jest organization is. Picture your boss calling you into his office and giving you a raise and a bonus and saying your position is secure with this company, then weeks later brings in an 'part time assistant' to back you up, however, it's widely known that this assistant is very popular in their field and doesn't want to work part time for long. Tell me that wouldn't mess with you and YOUR paycheck?

Sanchez' psyche is going to be sorely effed with by this I don't care how professional or mild mannered he is. Make no mistake - Tebow is not going to be satisfied as a backup. And as soon as Sanchez tosses that first incomplete pass or interception, watch out - Met Life Stadium is going to echo with Tebow-Ites calling for him and that's only going to destroy Sanchez further.

I really don't know why I care so much because I loathe the Jests and their buffoonery, but I hate when something is done for a specific purpose only for the people in charge to cleverly spin it to mean something else.

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Also if Sanchez is really such a loser that he can't beat out Tim Tebow? Is he so weak and so pathetic that Tim Tebow is a threat to him? Honestly is he that much of a pansy? He's suppose to be a PROFESSIONAL Athlete. If he can't handle a little competition from Tim Tebow of all people he doesn't deserve to be a starter..

But that's the point - <font color="#0000FF">Tebow WASN'T brought in to compete for the starting QB job. He shouldn't HAVE to worry about a LITTLE competition from Tebow if he's only considered a backup and Sanchez has just been tossed extra moola as a show of confidence. </font>This move completely contradicts that.

No matter how much the 3-Ringless Circus of Tannebaum, Johnson and Ryan spin it, the media is salivating over how to fill the back pages with as much controversy as possible - and that A #1 controvery will be the security of Sanchez' job REGARDLESS of the fact that those three stooges are drinking Kool-Aid behind closed doors.

About Sanchez supposing to be a professional - I don't care how professional and even tempered you are. When you are demonized by the press, asked stupid question after stupid question about your job week after week after week after week, the pressure builds. Yeah, everyone can say, "Well, look at Eli and what he went through when he got here and he overcame it". You cannot compare Eli to Sanchez. Eli had been trained from a very young age and comes from pro football stock and probably has a different demeanor than Sanchez to where he was able to publicly handle the way fans tore him apart when he first got here. But I never remember in Eli's 8 years here fans screaming for the backup, having a backups QB jersey suddenly be a hot seller, having a backup QBs card already made out, having that backup QB arrive in a private jet and hold press conferences. That spells one thing - my job may be on the line, even though I was PROMISED and SWORN TO that it wasn't. Lying, hypocritical a-holes that Jest organization is. Picture your boss calling you into his office and giving you a raise and a bonus and saying your position is secure with this company, then weeks later brings in an 'part time assistant' to back you up, however, it's widely known that this assistant is very popular in their field and doesn't want to work part time for long. Tell me that wouldn't mess with you and YOUR paycheck?

Sanchez' psyche is going to be sorely effed with by this I don't care how professional or mild mannered he is. Make no mistake - Tebow is not going to be satisfied as a backup. And as soon as Sanchez tosses that first incomplete pass or interception, watch out - Met Life Stadium is going to echo with Tebow-Ites calling for him and that's only going to destroy Sanchez further.

I really don't know why I care so much because I loathe the Jests and their buffoonery, but I hate when something is done for a specific purpose only for the people in charge to cleverly spin it to mean something else.

I'm not so sure Tebow's signing doesn't signal the end is near for Sanchez. They gave Sanchez the three year extension after failing in the Peyton Manning lottery and before Denver landed Peyton, which made Tebow available. He's now a jet and, as I asked in another thread, how many "back up" QB's get a press conference?

I know what the jets organization is feeding the public but how much of it can we believe?

SweetZombieJesus
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM

</p>

I think we are having a disagreement about what is and isn't "football" related.</p>

You say it doesn't make football sense and then you talk about "being slapped down" and "hearing footsteps". These are NON football considerations.</p>

To be the good football consideration is what would happen on the field. In that respect I think its a good move. To have a package of 10 or so plays which create new and inique problems for defenses is <u>good football</u>.</p>

The fears of Mark Sanchez and the team's having to deal with his feelings are NON FOOTBALL considerations.</p>

You're defining "football related" as the playbook, I'm defining it as anything between the chalk lines with the clock running.

You're taking a QB whose confidence is already broken and undermining him, and that's NON FOOTBALL RELATED? The kid's dead man walking, waiting for the hook. He's going to be looking over his shoulder the entire time, and that makes you press.

They are taking an offense that's already in disarray and lacking identity, and making it -- what exactly, other than a disjointed mess?

Let's say Tebow will be used the way you think. Teams will figure it out after a few weeks and neutralize it. Let's not forget Sporano got FIRED because people figured out the wildcat so quickly. It's a gimmick, a novelty act, and those things don't last long in the NFL.

Further, I say they did not bring in Tebow to play 5-10 snaps a game. He WILL be the starter it's a matter of when. Woody Johnson will want his hype machine/revenue generator in the spotlight. So, do they customize their offense to Tebow's specialized needs? How does Sanchez prosper in such a system? Do they prepare two playbooks, one for Sanchez one for Tebow? <font color="#FF0000">That's just great for an offense that's already in disarray and lacking identity.</font>

Further, you just know the drum beat will never stop, when will Tebow start? It will start in training camp and won't end until it happens. The mindless army of Tebots will be chanting for him every time Sanchez throws an incompletion. And, most importantly, the meddlesome owner will be pressuring for his shiny toy to be in the spotlight. People aren't buying all those jerseys to see him used a handfull of times per game. If people pay the circus to see elephants, then you have to give them elephants.

It is inevitable, and when it happens it will likely spell the doom of the Ryan/Tannenbaum regime in Florham Park.

Woody Johnson bought Tebow for one reason and one reason only -- to generate buzz and headlines. And now they have to find something to do with him now that they've got him. It's a business decision not a football decision.

Flip Empty
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
EDIT: Gah, I should read threads before replying.

Whatever happens here,I doubt it'll be good.
Begin the countdown for the demise of Ryan and Sanchez.

Bing Crosby
03-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm not so sure Tebow's signing doesn't signal the end is near for Sanchez. They gave Sanchez the three year extension after failing in the Peyton Manning lottery and before Denver landed Peyton, which made Tebow available. He's now a jet and, as I asked in another thread, how many "back up" QB's get a press conference?

I know what the jets organization is feeding the public but how much of it can we believe?

You could be right about the end of Sanchez, but I just don't see it. This is the Brett Favre moment. This is Woody Johnson trying to outshine the NYG again. I do think that the threat of Tebow replacing Sanchez maybe an added bonus for the Jets, but it's not their goal. Lighting a fire under Sanchez is a good thing, it's time for him to either put up or shut up. I just don't think that the Jets front office is honestly hoping that Tebow becomes the face of their franchise.

Let's say though for the sake debate that Sanchez cracks under the pressure, proves that he isn't a professional, and cries like a man child all the way to being the backup of some other team next year. Does Tim Tebow lead the Jets for the next five years? I don't see it. Beyond him being the Wildcat QB for the Jets I don't see him on the field unless Sanchez gets injured.

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM

You could be right about the end of Sanchez, but I just don't see it. This is the Brett Favre moment. This is Woody Johnson trying to outshine the NYG again. I do think that the threat of Tebow replacing Sanchez maybe an added bonus for the Jets, but it's not their goal. Lighting a fire under Sanchez is a good thing, it's time for him to either put up or shut up. I just don't think that the Jets front office is honestly hoping that Tebow becomes the face of their franchise.

Let's say though for the sake debate that Sanchez cracks under the pressure, proves that he isn't a professional, and cries like a man child all the way to being the backup of some other team next year. Does Tim Tebow lead the Jets for the next five years? I don't see it. Beyond him being the Wildcat QB for the Jets I don't see him on the field unless Sanchez gets injured.

Sanchez had the Manning threat to survive and now they bring in Tebow with all of the circus atmosphere that entails. How would anyone's confidence survive knowing that with the first poor showing, the real team marquee player will take the field to cheers and adulation?

I don't care for Sanchez but he is human and these moves by his front office could only signal one thing to him. It's definitely harder to do your job when the vultures are circling.

FBomb
03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
There should be a calliope playing in the background of every Jets press conference.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I hope you all saw the report earlier that Tebow believes he can win the starting job.

This is going to be such fun to watch

FBomb
03-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I hope you all saw the report earlier that Tebow believes he can win the starting job. This is going to be such fun to watch</P>

I am giddy with anticipation!!!! Training camp can't start soon enough!!</P>

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 02:01 PM
There should be a calliope playing in the background of every Jets press conference.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

LMAO it's really true now. I've never given a lot of credence to the "best team in NY" hoopla preferring to just believe MY TEAM IS IT :)

However, the recent moves by the jets really make me wonder what it is they want. Media splash or a better than average football team.

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I hope you all saw the report earlier that Tebow believes he can win the starting job. This is going to be such fun to watch</p>

I am giddy with anticipation!!!! Training camp can't start soon enough!!</p>

Do you think Rex knows Tebow is here? [:P]

FBomb
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Nothing funnier than watching them go down in flames.

FBomb
03-23-2012, 02:05 PM
I hope you all saw the report earlier that Tebow believes he can win the starting job. This is going to be such fun to watch</P>

I am giddy with anticipation!!!! Training camp can't start soon enough!!</P>

</P>

Rex is currently busy shooting feet pron to care. The dynamic between these two personalities should produce a few laughs!!</P>

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM
I hope you all saw the report earlier that Tebow believes he can win the starting job. This is going to be such fun to watch</p>

I am giddy with anticipation!!!! Training camp can't start soon enough!!</p>

</p>

Rex is currently busy shooting feet pron to care. The dynamic between these two personalities should produce a few laughs!!</p>

I was wondering if Rex might not be able to give Bradshaw some help with his feet seeing as how he's intimate with........[:#]

Bing Crosby
03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Sanchez had the Manning threat to survive and now they bring in Tebow with all of the circus atmosphere that entails. How would anyone's confidence survive knowing that with the first poor showing, the real team marquee player will take the field to cheers and adulation?

I don't care for Sanchez but he is human and these moves by his front office could only signal one thing to him. It's definitely harder to do your job when the vultures are circling.

Maybe I'm just old fashion, but he is a professional athlete who is making millions by playing a game right? And his only job is to prove his worth as a QB. If he can't handle the fans booing him or cheering for a backup when he screws up he doesn't belong on the field. Is it going to be hard? Sure, like I said it's time for him to put up or shut up. Honestly if he can't beat out Tebow he deserves the same fate the Kyle Orton has, as the clipboard holder for someone who can hack it in the spotlight.

This man is a professional I expect him to be able to stand on his own two feet and perform like one, no matter how difficult it is for him. Put in your mouth protector and get out there and play Sanchez, if the Tebow fans in the crowd scare you, you don't deserve to be a starter.

Let him prove himself like Eli and every other QB that has had to, when the media creates drama (the word elite anyone?). I'm not going to feel sorry for Sanchez because a third rate QB with maniac fans, and Skip Bayless twitter followers show up at Jet games and boo him. He wants to shut them up and prove his worth, it's time for him to stand up and prove he deserves the job. This is the NFL not high school football.

buffyblue
03-23-2012, 02:26 PM
So funny because no one was complaining in SuperBowl XXV when NY Giants players were on the sidelines, bent knee and praying for Scott Norwide to miss the field goal.

I can't stand NY Jets but I am happy that Timmy Tebow is coming to NYC. He is a wonderful young man that helps a lot of people and may help bring some class and dignity to the vile Gang Green.

I bELIeve.

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 02:35 PM

Maybe I'm just old fashion, but he is a professional athlete who is making millions by playing a game right? And his only job is to prove his worth as a QB. If he can't handle the fans booing him or cheering for a backup when he screws up he doesn't belong on the field. Is it going to be hard? Sure, like I said it's time for him to put up or shut up. Honestly if he can't beat out Tebow he deserves the same fate the Kyle Orton has, as the clipboard holder for someone who can hack it in the spotlight.

This man is a professional I expect him to be able to stand on his own two feet and perform like one, no matter how difficult it is for him. Put in your mouth protector and get out there and play Sanchez, if the Tebow fans in the crowd scare you, you don't deserve to be a starter.

Let him prove himself like Eli and every other QB that has had to, when the media creates drama (the word elite anyone?). I'm not going to feel sorry for Sanchez because a third rate QB with maniac fans, and Skip Bayless twitter followers show up at Jet games and boo him. He wants to shut them up and prove his worth, it's time for him to stand up and prove he deserves the job. This is the NFL not high school football.

I'm simply pointing out that, in my mind, they are stacking the deck against Sanchez succeeding.

Bing Crosby
03-23-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm simply pointing out that, in my mind, they are stacking the deck against Sanchez succeeding.

You could be right, maybe I'm just being naive (wouldn't be the first time lol) I just don't see it. To me it looks like they are getting a guy who is taking a few snaps, with the added bonus that it gives Rex, and Johnson the media attention they love so much.

nygsb42champs
03-23-2012, 02:55 PM
He has only been here 2 days and I am tired of him already.

buffyblue
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Timmy Tebow is a great addition to their team. Thy use him for a couple snaps a game and he adds an entire new.dimension to their offense. He ran for more yards than Brandon Jacobs did.last year and he knows how to go straight forward as oppissed to being tip toe burglar.

Heck I wish we would have kept Brandon Jacobs and signed Timmy Tebow so he could have thought him how to run again.

I bELIeve.

GCGiant
03-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow...the homophobe Tebowphobe thread...too funny.

Harooni
03-23-2012, 05:05 PM
there is a new younger QB stud in town and we just have to get used to it.

G-Man67
03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
you know i have to say that i am a little amazed that everyone in the media has totally trashed this move</P>

im starting to think the Jets may have a good year ... b/c when is the media ever right about something across the board</P>

Harooni
03-23-2012, 05:24 PM
you know i have to say that i am a little amazed that everyone in the media has totally trashed this move</p>

im starting to think the Jets may have a good year ... b/c when is the media ever right about something across the board</p>
well i think they got a good deal two mid round picks. not sure why everyone says bad deal.

buffyblue
03-23-2012, 05:30 PM
you know i have to say that i am a little amazed that everyone in the media has totally trashed this move</p>

im starting to think the Jets may have a good year ... b/c when is the media ever right about something across the board</p>
well i think they got a good deal two mid round picks. not sure why everyone says bad deal.

I agree. I have no idea how anyone can say this is a bad move.

G-Man67
03-23-2012, 05:33 PM
you know i have to say that i am a little amazed that everyone in the media has totally trashed this move</P>

im starting to think the Jets may have a good year ... b/c when is the media ever right about something across the board</P>

</P>

it is alot to give up for a "backup" QB esp. with the salary and the cap number, but i'm just looking at next year and i could see them being good next year .... long term, well i'm certainly not worried about the Jets long term as a Giants fan and i can see why their fans are worried that they don't seem to have a direction, but i don't think it's outrageous to have a plan a, a plan b and a plan c ... </P>

my only analysis of tebow is that i felt he would win more games than he lost as an NFL starter ... whether that means 21-20 and then nobody wants him anymore or whatever, but just that he would win more thanlose</P>

Harooni
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
it is alot to give up for a "backup" QB esp. with the salary and the cap number, but i'm just looking at next year and i could see them being good next year .... long term, well i'm certainly not worried about the Jets long term as a Giants fan and i can see why their fans are worried that they don't seem to have a direction, but i don't think it's outrageous to have a plan a, a plan b and a plan c ... </p>

my only analysis of tebow is that i felt he would win more games than he lost as an NFL starter ... whether that means 21-20 and then nobody wants him anymore or whatever, but just that he would win more thanlose</p>
one 4th one 6th rounder i think its pretty good. no telling what you get in those rounds.
the cool part is the broncos team gets the cap penalty ,so the jets can cut him anytime they wish to.

G-Man67
03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
it is alot to give up for a "backup" QB esp. with the salary and the cap number, but i'm just looking at next year and i could see them being good next year .... long term, well i'm certainly not worried about the Jets long term as a Giants fan and i can see why their fans are worried that they don't seem to have a direction, but i don't think it's outrageous to have a plan a, a plan b and a plan c ... </P>

my only analysis of tebow is that i felt he would win more games than he lost as an NFL starter ... whether that means 21-20 and then nobody wants him anymore or whatever, but just that he would win more thanlose</P>

one 4th one 6th rounder i think its pretty good. no telling what you get in those rounds.
the cool part is the broncos team gets the cap penalty ,so the jets can cut him anytime they wish to.
</P>

ha, but can you cut Tebow? ... that might lead to a candlelight vigil ...hey i like the kid, works hard, been a winner everywhere he's played ... i'm excited to see how it all plays out ... soap opera for dudes ... so long as it doesn't produce a Super Bowl that is</P>

Harooni
03-23-2012, 06:11 PM
it is alot to give up for a "backup" QB esp. with the salary and the cap number, but i'm just looking at next year and i could see them being good next year .... long term, well i'm certainly not worried about the Jets long term as a Giants fan and i can see why their fans are worried that they don't seem to have a direction, but i don't think it's outrageous to have a plan a, a plan b and a plan c ... </p>

my only analysis of tebow is that i felt he would win more games than he lost as an NFL starter ... whether that means 21-20 and then nobody wants him anymore or whatever, but just that he would win more thanlose</p>

</p>

ha, but can you cut Tebow? ... that might lead to a candlelight vigil ...hey i like the kid, works hard, been a winner everywhere he's played ... i'm excited to see how it all plays out ... soap opera for dudes ... so long as it doesn't produce a Super Bowl that is</p>
haha , and we thought mannings had a cult following, wait to you see the Tebow whorshippers on NY banwagon.

Bigbluefan1974
03-23-2012, 06:22 PM

You have no idea why this is bad idea? Really!? Wow.

1. For starters, History already has proven Mark Sanchez can not handle adversity. Tim Tebow whether he tries to or not, is a polarizing figure in a locker room and brings a huge media circus to a already toxic environment. The Jets have just torpedoed Sanchez's career. Sanchez needs to be on the field taking snaps and getting in a rhythm. Taking him off the field for drives at a time is not going to help him.

2. How is the wildcat all of a sudden a weapon? Last I checked, it never won a thing. Denver lost its last 3 games backing into the playoffs winning a weak division at 8-8 and got demolished by the Pats 45-10. Teams know how to stop it. Its a gimmick which even Rex Ryan said so.

3. How is Holmes going to react now that he is going to get even less footballs thrown his way? Yeah, that locker room is gonna be fine. Just ask Cromartie who already has spoken out against Tebow.

4. The media storm that is gonna be all over this team is going to be epic. QB controversy from day one, which has already started. Tebow has billboards up in NY already, newspapers claiming he came to NY because he feels he can start, etc.

5. Last but not least. Tebow is horrible. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. His mechanics are garbage and his accuracy is horrendous. You can say whatever you want about "all he does is win games", but he didn't win any when the stakes were highest. This was a pure publicity stunt to steal back the headlines from the Giants. The Jets are pathetic and they will never win a thing.

Roosevelt
03-23-2012, 06:25 PM

I don't see it. Has a 2 qb team ever been successful?

The other thing is look at Eli's career. How did Eli play when he had pressure from guys like Tiki, Shockey and Plax? Now compare that to when these guys were off the team.

The Jets are setting Sanchez up to fail. It's that simple.

Roosevelt
03-23-2012, 06:27 PM

1. For starters, History already has proven Mark Sanchez can not handle adversity. Tim Tebow whether he tries to or not, is a polarizing figure in a locker room and brings a huge media circus to a already toxic environment. The Jets have just torpedoed Sanchez's career. Sanchez needs to be on the field taking snaps and getting in a rhythm. Taking him off the field for drives at a time is not going to help him.

2. How is the wildcat all of a sudden a weapon? Last I checked, it never won a thing. Denver lost its last 3 games backing into the playoffs winning a weak division at 8-8 and got demolished by the Pats 45-10. Teams know how to stop it. Its a gimmick which even Rex Ryan said so.

3. How is Holmes going to react now that he is going to get even less footballs thrown his way? Yeah, that locker room is gonna be fine. Just ask Cromartie who already has spoken out against Tebow.

4. The media storm that is gonna be all over this team is going to be epic. QB controversy from day one, which has already started. Tebow has billboards up in NY already, newspapers claiming he came to NY because he feels he can start, etc.

5. Last but not least. Tebow is horrible. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. His mechanics are garbage and his accuracy is horrendous. You can say whatever you want about "all he does is win games", but he didn't win any when the stakes were highest. This was a pure publicity stunt to steal back the headlines from the Giants. The Jets are pathetic and they will never win a thing.

Cromartie is not the only one to voice his displeasure about the move. There have been several Jets who have let Mr. T know they were not in favor of this move.

Bigbluefan1974
03-23-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm sure there are more players. Thanks for the update. I was only aware of Cromartie's twitter rant. Funny how it looks like they haven't learned their lesson. He is an employee. He should just shut his mouth and play with whomever the front office puts on that field. But that just isn't the Jets way. I don't understand how anybody could think this is a good move. Its going to be an epic failure. You ask how I know that? Um, just look at the Jets history. If Tebow is so great, why is it 30 out of 32 teams wanted nothing to do with him except a Jags owner who wants to sell tickets and insecure little brother team who needs to steal the backpages again from their big brother World Champion neighbors?

Roosevelt
03-23-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm sure there are more players. Thanks for the update. I was only aware of Cromartie's twitter rant. Funny how it looks like they haven't learned their lesson. He is an employee. He should just shut his mouth and play with whomever the front office puts on that field. But that just isn't the Jets way. I don't understand how anybody could think this is a good move. Its going to be an epic failure. You ask how I know that? Um, just look at the Jets history. If Tebow is so great, why is it 30 out of 32 teams wanted nothing to do with him except a Jags owner who wants to sell tickets and insecure little brother team who needs to steal the backpages again from their big brother World Champion neighbors?

Tannenbaum made it known that it just wasn't Cro who was unhappy with the signing.

Whatever the motive, the heat is now on the Jets.

GMENAGAIN
03-24-2012, 12:19 AM

</P>

I generally don't disagree with your post, but I feel compelled to point out the following:</P>

If Sanchez cannot handle adversity, then he shouldn't be a starting NFL QBshould he?</P>

lol . . . if Cromartie speaks out against a move, odds are that it is a good move. The guy is one of the dumbest, most embarassing members of our society . . . . </P>

GCGiant
03-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Just as the Giants had to weed-out the naysayers and inflated egos upon Eli's arrival, the Jets will have the same challenge.

Whether or not the Jets' FO takes the same road as Giants' management remains to be seen, but players standing up and speaking out against management decisions will never produce positive results. I haven't read anything about what Cromartie said, yet, but I get the gut feeling that if he doesn't shut-up he will be one of the 1st guys shown the door.

RoanokeFan
03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Just as the Giants had to weed-out the naysayers and inflated egos upon Eli's arrival, the Jets will have the same challenge.

Whether or not the Jets' FO takes the same road as Giants' management remains to be seen, but players standing up and speaking out against management decisions will never produce positive results. I haven't read anything about what Cromartie said, yet, but I get the gut feeling that if he doesn't shut-up he will be one of the 1st guys shown the door.

The significant difference is the jets' organization wants everyone to believe Sanchez is going to be their starting QB. If he end up being the starting QB it will be because Tebow failed.

As for showing players "the door" let's see how many of them have salary guarantees.

Joe Morrison
03-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Sounds like Sexy Rexy has not done much in the offseason to get his players under control, inmates still running their mouths over there, if Sancheese doesn't get off to a fast start this year it's going to be another ugly season for the Jets and their fans.</P>

Tebow will steal the limelight coming in and making first downs when Marky Mark leaves them at 3rd and long all game.</P>

It's going to be good entertainment for the rest of us, maybe they should be the Hard Knocks Team agian!</P>

LT_was_good
03-24-2012, 11:47 AM

Even before they traded for Tebow, the Jets would have been better off weeding out Cromartie and Holmes.

RoanokeFan
03-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Sounds like Sexy Rexy has not done much in the offseason to get his players under control, inmates still running their mouths over there, if Sancheese doesn't get off to a fast start this year it's going to be another ugly season for the Jets and their fans.</p>

Tebow will steal the limelight coming in and making first downs when Marky Mark leaves them at 3rd and long all game.</p>

It's going to be good entertainment for the rest of us, maybe they should be the Hard Knocks Team agian!</p>

Rex's management style leaves a lot to be desired.

Joe Morrison
03-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Sounds like Sexy Rexy has not done much in the offseason to get his players under control, inmates still running their mouths over there, if Sancheese doesn't get off to a fast start this year it's going to be another ugly season for the Jets and their fans.</P>

Tebow will steal the limelight coming in and making first downs when Marky Mark leaves them at 3rd and long all game.</P>

It's going to be good entertainment for the rest of us, maybe they should be the Hard Knocks Team agian!</P>

</P>

From a Jets point, this really puts the pressure on Sancheese to step up this year, know he got an extension but nothing is guaranteed in the NFL.</P>

RoanokeFan
03-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Sounds like Sexy Rexy has not done much in the offseason to get his players under control, inmates still running their mouths over there, if Sancheese doesn't get off to a fast start this year it's going to be another ugly season for the Jets and their fans.</p>

Tebow will steal the limelight coming in and making first downs when Marky Mark leaves them at 3rd and long all game.</p>

It's going to be good entertainment for the rest of us, maybe they should be the Hard Knocks Team agian!</p>

</p>

From a Jets point, this really puts the pressure on Sancheese to step up this year, know he got an extension but nothing is guaranteed in the NFL.</p>

They wanted Peyton but couldn't get him. They didn't know that Peyton would go to Denver so they resorted to extending Sanchez. THEN, Tebow becomes available and Sanchez, again, become expendable. "Sanchez is our starting QB" is the company line.

Here's the question...How many back up B's have EVER gotten their own press conference????