PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Superbowl Favorites again, lol. Win offseason 3 years in a row!

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1114147-demeco-ryans-trade-makes-philadelphia-eagles-super-bowl-favorites

The Philadelphia Eagles (http://bleacherreport.com/philadelphia-eagles) went out and addressed their biggest need (https://twitter.com/?tw_e=details&amp;tw_i=182241476170874881&amp;tw_p=tweetem bed#%21/McClain_on_NFL/statuses/182241476170874881) via trade by acquiring middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans (http://bleacherreport.com/demeco-ryans) from the Houston Texans (http://bleacherreport.com/houston-texans) for a fourth round draft pick (https://twitter.com/?tw_e=details&amp;tw_i=182251021089775616&amp;tw_p=tweetem bed#%21/Jeff_McLane/statuses/182251021089775616).</p>

This move instantly makes the Eagles favorites for the Super Bowl (http://bleacherreport.com/super-bowl) from the NFC.</p>

Ryans
was voted 2006 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award after recording
155 tackles, but it was his two Pro Bowl appearances in 2007 and 2009
that catapulted him to stardom.</p>

An Achilles injury in 2010 cost
him the whole second half of that season, but it was his lackluster play
in 2011 coupled with defensive coordinator Wade Phillips (http://bleacherreport.com/wade-phillips) 3-4 scheme that ultimately got the 28-year-old linebacker shipped to Philly.</p>

Eaglesí coach Andy Reid (http://bleacherreport.com/andy-reid) said in a statement obtained by the Philadelphia Inquirer (http://articles.philly.com/2012-03-20/news/31215191_1_eagles-trade-stewart-bradley-eagles-coach-andy-reid):</p> <blockquote>

DeMeco
is a proven Pro Bowl linebacker in this league and we're excited to be
able to plug him into the middle of our defense. He's been the signal
caller and a leader on a very good Texans defense for the last several
years. He's a tough, instinctive football player and he'll be a great
fit for our team.

</p></blockquote>

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-22-2012, 12:02 AM
These kinds of stories couldn't be any better for the Giants.

This has been a great day for Giants football. One of our biggest threats in the NFC basically had their spines broke by Goodell today, the Jets took all of the attention of the NY media away from us, and the Eagles are already drawing a huge target on their backs.

Another year where we'll quietly win the division and quietly make a playoff run is in the making I hope.

egyptian420
03-22-2012, 12:04 AM
yea that's a bunch of nonsense...vegas will tell you very differently

either way, we're not even in the top 5 lol....I love it that way anyways

Giantz4Life
Yup, standard Bleacher Report article.

Sounds about right.

GmenFan1980
lol "Instantly" huh? Whatever they want to say to justify their bias for the Eagles but uh remember BR

http://nfldotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dream-team.jpg

Ntegrase96
03-22-2012, 12:55 AM
The Eagles should be pretty good this year.

I mean obviously, DeMeco Ryans is the best linebacker in the league, and by far, the MLB position is the most important position in football. That will get them over the hump. He instantly makes Michael Vick a tougher quarterback.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-22-2012, 12:56 AM

It's great. Somehow the Giants are perpetual underdogs. It's awesome motivation for this team.

Victor Cruz said on ESPN Live today that ELi was one of the best, if not THE best QB in the league. Wonder if the media will make a big deal out of it, say how Eli is def. not the best, and then Eli proves them wrong this year.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-22-2012, 12:58 AM

I mean obviously, DeMeco Ryans is the best linebacker in the league, and by far, the MLB position is the most important position in football. That will get them over the hump. He instantly makes Michael Vick a tougher quarterback.

Yeah man, the only reason the Texans were willing to trade him for a 4th is that they are complete idiots. If they weren't so stupid they'd know they just traded away the best player in the game! Gosh! What a bunch of morons, they just handed our rivals the Lombardi!

Bohemian
03-22-2012, 01:11 AM
So it's settled then. The next super bowl will be between the Eagles and Jets... both teams with undeafeated records... ending up in a Philadelphia win, after Vick is declared MVP and a Demigod. The dream team will be hailed as the best team ever, due to their play and touchdown celebrations.... and they won't do a music video called 'we are the dream team', but the rest of the league will unite to celebrate the Eagles in their rendition of 'we are the world... hail to the dream team'. Oh, and the Lombardi trophy will be renamed the Andy Reid trophy, which will be redesigned to reflect his stature.

I can't wait until next season already, and see them fall flat on their face... LOL.

TheBookOfEli
03-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Thebleacherreport seriously just needs to be shut down. I hate that website.

LTMVP8686
03-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Weren't last year's Eagles supposed to be the Dream Team?

Is anyone aware that Ryans' production has decreased the last 2 seasons? Why else trade him for a 4th round pick?

CTLadyBlue
03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Same thing every off season - some 'sexy' team like the Eagles, Cowboys, Jets who have flashy, back-page-filling players. These teams may be loaded with talent, but they seem to lack that cohesiveness that makes them come together as a 'team' to work 'with' each other and not 'against' each other (example: Jets final game where Holmes pulled a hissy and 'benched himself').

Without sounding like a homer, the Giants should be a testament to any team that when you're 7-7 and everyone's ready to pull the plug on you, you can overcome it. Question is: how bad do you want it, are you willing to put your own vanity and superstar-ship aside and humble yourself and do whatever it takes to win?

From the above mentioned 3 teams, a lot of it has to do with their coaches. There's just seems to be no structure an discipline - of course, when you have TC as a guideline for this. If these guys don't want to play for coaches who hold them accountable, if coaches are going to treat their teams like it's a train ride down CandyLand (Rex!), if all they care is about being 'hot' and media-worthy, start out strong, but fizzle mid-way or towards the end because they can't handle the pressure of their own awesomeness that the media is bestowing on them, then they'll never get a trophy.

As a Giants fan, I'm pleased at how we handle ourselves both on and off the field. Let the Jets have every splashy backpage, let WFAN talk about them to no end - I don't care. Even after we beat the Cowboys, won the division and made the playoffs, WFAN STILL couldn't stop bellyaching about the massive trainwreck the Jets became and the entire Holmes/Sanches alleged locker room feud.

I said all that to say this - all these mouthpieces can predict all they want. It's the men who take that field and where they're mindset is at that determines the outcome

SweetZombieJesus
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM

Are you kidding? As the confetti from winning XLVI was still falling they were predicting the 2012 season and of course the Giants were not on the radar.

Ntegrase96
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Same thing every off season - some 'sexy' team like the Eagles, Cowboys, Jets who have flashy, back-page-filling players. These teams may be loaded with talent, but they seem to lack that cohesiveness that makes them come together as a 'team' to work 'with' each other and not 'against' each other (example: Jets final game where Holmes pulled a hissy and 'benched himself').

Without sounding like a homer, the Giants should be a testament to any team that when you're 7-7 and everyone's ready to pull the plug on you, you can overcome it. Question is: how bad do you want it, are you willing to put your own vanity and superstar-ship aside and humble yourself and do whatever it takes to win?

From the above mentioned 3 teams, a lot of it has to do with their coaches. There's just seems to be no structure an discipline - of course, when you have TC as a guideline for this. If these guys don't want to play for coaches who hold them accountable, if coaches are going to treat their teams like it's a train ride down CandyLand (Rex!), if all they care is about being 'hot' and media-worthy, start out strong, but fizzle mid-way or towards the end because they can't handle the pressure of their own awesomeness that the media is bestowing on them, then they'll never get a trophy.

As a Giants fan, I'm pleased at how we handle ourselves both on and off the field. Let the Jets have every splashy backpage, let WFAN talk about them to no end - I don't care. Even after we beat the Cowboys, won the division and made the playoffs, WFAN STILL couldn't stop bellyaching about the massive trainwreck the Jets became and the entire Holmes/Sanches alleged locker room feud.

I said all that to say this - all these mouthpieces can predict all they want. It's the men who take that field and where they're mindset is at that determines the outcome

To be fair, there are a lot of 'sexy picks' that float around prior to the season. GB was one 2 years ago and it turned out to be true. A lot of predictions from reputable sources, one is bound to be true.

What I don't understand is why the Eagles will always be one of those teams. Is it because they're way overdue for a superbowl victory and it seems logical, or is it because people refuese to learn that they can't get over the hump?

TheEnigma
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
What I don't understand is why the Eagles will always be one of those teams. Is it because they're way overdue for a superbowl victory and it seems logical, or is it because people refuese to learn that they can't get over the hump?Think part of the reason is because if Vick leads the Eagles to a Superbowl victory, it will be a redemption story for him. Ex-convict leads city to it's first Superbowl Championship...just reeks of a movie-esque plot.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
What I don't understand is why the Eagles will always be one of those teams. Is it because they're way overdue for a superbowl victory and it seems logical, or is it because people refuese to learn that they can't get over the hump?Think part of the reason is because if Vick leads the Eagles to a Superbowl victory, it will be a redemption story for him. Ex-convict leads city to it's first Superbowl Championship...just reeks of a movie-esque plot.

Except Paul Crewe got drunk and wrecked his gf's car, this convict has serial killer tendencies, tortures dogs and is a complete scumbag.

Neverend
03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
The Eagles are a threat though, they have a tremendous amount of talent.

miked1958
03-22-2012, 11:25 PM

To be fair, there are a lot of 'sexy picks' that float around prior to the season. GB was one 2 years ago and it turned out to be true. A lot of predictions from reputable sources, one is bound to be true.

What I don't understand is why the Eagles will always be one of those teams. Is it because they're way overdue for a superbowl victory and it seems logical, or is it because people refuese to learn that they can't get over the hump?
Well with your team coming on, skins with RG3 and the eagles already anointed SB champs it may well be back to what it was like some yrs back when we had the toughest division in the NFL

miked1958
03-22-2012, 11:29 PM

by the way. In next week or two they will launch the new MBs. Not all of us will be transferred over and will have to sign up again. Mans u may or may not be able to get same screen name. So make sure u come on and let us know who u are, and we will do the same.. Shame we all have to lose our post counts.. Especially you. Over 2000 from rival fan is pretty impressive..

egyptian420
03-22-2012, 11:30 PM

Are you kidding? As the confetti from winning XLVI was still falling they were predicting the 2012 season and of course the Giants were not on the radar.

Yea, apparently we're the luckiest franchise in the history of the game when it comes to winning championships....there's never any skill involved what so ever

miked1958
03-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Well u need to get at least 16 more to hit 2k before the switch over. Lol. I think u deserve that... We enjoy taking football with u over the yrs

Sarcasman
03-23-2012, 12:23 AM

Michael Vick plays quarterback?

Sarcasman
03-23-2012, 12:28 AM

Yup. It would make a lovely story. But since it doesn't appear that Vick could lead a ***** to bed with a fistful of hundreds, I doubt he'll be leading - and he certainly has never led - a football team anywhere.

appletree943
03-23-2012, 03:15 AM
lol, the Eagles havent been Favorited for superbowl anything since we got to the superbowl 8 years ago stop acting like we got 2-1 odds every year or something wow they pick us to win the NFC East more often than not go cry in a corner [:)]

redbeardxxv
03-23-2012, 05:13 AM
I'm ok with everything except
"the Lombardi trophy will be renamed the Andy Reid trophy, which will be redesigned to reflect his stature."
They couldn't do that, you see, part of the celebration is HOISTING THE LOMABARDI- it would take the whole team to lift a statue that reflects Reid's stature. C'mon man, think ahead...

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Hilarious! Shady McCoy guaranteed a championship hahaha.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/birds-nest/Dream-Team-20-Shady-Guarantees-Championship-143660266.html

<p id="paragraph1">Please, make it stop!</p>

<p id="paragraph2">After last year's Eagles squad was cursed before they ever took the field by Vince Young's "Dream Team" comment (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/birds-nest/Can-Vince-Young-Please-Stop-Talking-128241423.html), you would think that veteran players would boast less in public. Apparently not.</p>

<p id="paragraph3">Eagles Pro Bowl running
back LeSean McCoy guaranteed a championship for this year's squad during
an appearance (with Arian Foster)on ESPNWednesday morning to promote
the new Madden 13 video game.</p>

<p id="paragraph4">"I'm on the 'Dream Team,' this year we're guaranteeing a championship and I would love to be on the Madden cover," McCoysaid.</p>

<p id="paragraph5">Presumably Shady was riding the high of the Eagles latest acquisition (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/blogs/birds-nest/Eagles-Acquire-DeMeco-Ryans--143576776.html), two-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans. That move should more than plug a major hole in the defense.

</p>

SweetZombieJesus
03-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Think part of the reason is because if Vick leads the Eagles to a Superbowl victory, it will be a redemption story for him. Ex-convict leads city to it's first Superbowl Championship...just reeks of a movie-esque plot.

I think it's because they were calling it during the entire McNabb era and they figure if they just keep picking them eventually they'll get it done. It's really been non-stop since around 2001.

galaxy10
03-24-2012, 10:52 AM
These talking heads get it wrong so much it is a joke. They are like the weathermen, they almost never get it right. I want a job where if you get close enough it counts. I will tell my boss, well I got close. I would be on the unemployment line.

Joe Morrison
03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
What have they done to upgrade from last year?</P>

It's a fact the Vick is still Vick, will still be flashy and win games that don't count, but when it's all on the line he's still the same Vick that played for the Falcons.</P>

Keep picking them, the GMEN seem to love the underdog role.</P>

Drez
03-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Why the **** do people pay any attention to Bleacher Report?

It's a freaking blog site, people! Dumb asses like us are the authors.

FFS!

sharick88
03-27-2012, 03:58 PM

Haha, I totally got this!

sharick88
03-27-2012, 04:01 PM

FFS!

The bleacherreport sux balls. They are pretty much message board posters or bloggers just like we are. I don't think a credible source or opinion exists in that dump

ShakeNBake
03-27-2012, 07:44 PM

FFS!

The bleacherreport sux balls. They are pretty much message board posters or bloggers just like we are. I don't think a credible source or opinion exists in that dump

I think most posters on this board are more credible than bleacherreport to be honest

gadvfreak99
03-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Every year the Eagles get all this attention to be the Superbowl favorite, and they do nothing.

Medisleman
03-30-2012, 12:15 AM
All I have to say is this:

http://www.csnphilly.com/sportsnetPhiladelphia/search/v/48613762/angry-greg-ryan-on-the-eagles-ugly-loss.htm