PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees needs to get outta Dodge........or rather NO

GGTM_1977
03-22-2012, 12:34 PM
How can Drew still want to play there after the realization of "bountygate"? I know he wants a long term deal, but right now NO is NOT the place to be. Drew is an upstanding guy, good character, how could he go back and play with a team full of guys who willingly participated in injuring other players, much less other QBs? I think he should shove the franchise tag, and take off........for Miami maybe. They wanted him before and didn't pull the trigger......well here is their second chance!!

gmen0820
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I wonder if Miami would trade their first for him knowing they'd have to give him a monster deal.

I wonder if NO would take it if Miami was willing. They have like no picks.

GGTM_1977
03-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I wonder if Miami would trade their first for him knowing they'd have to give him a monster deal.

You would think Miami would have alot of cap space for a big signing......since they traded off Marshall, and don't really have alot of other big name guys that carry huge contracts...........they should have the picks and the $$$ to do something like this, and they are desperate for a QB to win some games.....

greenca190
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Seattle would be the best spot for him. I know they just signed Matt Flynn, but he's not a sure thing. Plus, it's not like that organization hasn't made some crazy signings at the quarterback position since Pete Carroll jumped on board (Whitehurst, Tavaris).

When it comes down to it though, it's tough enough for any skill position player to be plugged into an existing scheme when they thrived in a previous one. If Brees goes elsewhere, that team will have to give him tons of freedom in running the offense. I think Pete Carroll would do that.

RoanokeFan
03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
How can Drew still want to play there after the realization of "bountygate"? I know he wants a long term deal, but right now NO is NOT the place to be. Drew is an upstanding guy, good character, how could he go back and play with a team full of guys who willingly participated in injuring other players, much less other QBs? I think he should shove the franchise tag, and take off........for Miami maybe. They wanted him before and didn't pull the trigger......well here is their second chance!!

Brees has indicated what has happened to the Saints is a travesty. And he's right, but he blames the NFL, and on that, he's wrong. This would have never happened if, when it first came to light in 2009 or 2010, the Saints organization simply stopped the practice.

They, Lomis, Payton, and Williams, lied about the existence of a bounty system and, when ordered to stop doing it by the NFL and their owner, laughingly walked into the locker room with fists full of money to keep on keeping on.

While I don't expect many to agree with me, there are questions of personal and professional integrity in play here. If I were the owner, I would have a new GM and Head Coach next season.

GGTM_1977
03-22-2012, 12:57 PM

Brees has indicated what has happened to the Saints is a travesty.* And he's right, but he blames for NFL, and on that, he's wrong.* This would have never happened if, when it first came to light in 2009 or 2010, the Saints organization simply stopped the practice.*

They, Lomis, Payton, and Williams, lied about the existence of a bounty system and, when ordered to stop doing it by the NFL and their owner, laughingly walked into the locker room with fists full of money to keep on keeping on.

While I don't expect many to agree with me, there are questions of personal and professional integrity in play here.* If I were the owner, I would have a new GM and Head Coach next season.*

Yeah I read an article about this where the writer said they didn't feel Payton would return to HC after this season........that it would be hard to come back to NO after this type of fallout....

bandwgn86
03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
How can Drew still want to play there after the realization of "bountygate"? I know he wants a long term deal, but right now NO is NOT the place to be. Drew is an upstanding guy, good character, how could he go back and play with a team full of guys who willingly participated in injuring other players, much less other QBs? I think he should shove the franchise tag, and take off........for Miami maybe. They wanted him before and didn't pull the trigger......well here is their second chance!!he best get out of football if he doesnt want to be associated with teams that do the same thing... and you're kidding yourself if you think this is only the defence doing this </P>

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/story/2012/03/07/sp-cfl-player-bounties.html</P>

""I know offensive linemen put bounties on defensive linemen because I was on the other end of that several times," he said. "But it comes from, 'Hey, he hit our quarterback late last game, let's hit that S.O.B.'"</P>

</P>

honestly i dont get what the big deal is.. </P>

RoanokeFan
03-22-2012, 02:44 PM
How can Drew still want to play there after the realization of "bountygate"? I know he wants a long term deal, but right now NO is NOT the place to be. Drew is an upstanding guy, good character, how could he go back and play with a team full of guys who willingly participated in injuring other players, much less other QBs? I think he should shove the franchise tag, and take off........for Miami maybe. They wanted him before and didn't pull the trigger......well here is their second chance!!he best get out of football if he doesnt want to be associated with teams that do the same thing... and you're kidding yourself if you think this is only the defence doing this </p>

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/story/2012/03/07/sp-cfl-player-bounties.html</p>

""I know offensive linemen put bounties on defensive linemen because I was on the other end of that several times," he said. "But it comes from, 'Hey, he hit our quarterback late last game, let's hit that S.O.B.'"</p>

</p>

honestly i dont get what the big deal is.. </p>

Then that's your opinion. This would have never been an issue if they didn't lie when first interviewed a few years ago AND then, after the owner told Loomis and Payton not to do it any more, they went ahead and continued the practice.

If you don't see anything wrong with that, fine.

Flip Empty
03-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Brees is a free agent, isn't he? He hasn't signed his franchise tag

RoanokeFan
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM

He hasn't signed it as far as we know and has said he wants a long term deal. There have been media suggestions he might hold out, but I've not seen any quotes of him, personally, saying he would hold out.

NY4U2
03-22-2012, 06:41 PM

Free agent yes but restricted free agent .. :(

gmen0820
03-22-2012, 06:42 PM

Brees is a free agent, isn't he? He hasn't signed his franchise tagBut the fact that he was slapped with the tag means he can't go anywhere without the Saints signing off on it by means of a trade (or dropping the tag, which is inconceivable).

Flip Empty
03-22-2012, 06:45 PM

Brees is a free agent, isn't he? He hasn't signed his franchise tagBut the fact that he was slapped with the tag means he can't go anywhere without the Saints signing off on it by means of a trade (or dropping the tag, which is inconceivable).
Ah, cheers. Wasn't sure of the rules in that situation.
I wonder if we'll see someone step in with an offer... I'd rather have Brees than Peyton at this point in their careers.

RoanokeFan
03-22-2012, 06:48 PM

This could be a very bad season for the Saints. If Brees continues to balk about signing his franchise tag contract, he may well refuse to participate in their off-season program. That could be especially true with Sean Payton off the property as of April 1st.