PDA

View Full Version : Growing Man Crush...

qndarius3
03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Every year leading up to the draft, I find myself really hoping we take 1 or 2 guys that I really want to see in Blue.

This year for me its 2 boise st players:

George Iloka (S)- big (6'3") strong safety(converted cb) who can really hit. He has some ball skills, but i think his role would be better served playing the Deon Grant roll where he could step up into the box and play the run, but also step back and run with a TE in the seam.

Doug Martin- Is the perfect compliment (and replacement for jacobs) to AB. is not the biggest guy (5'9" 223), but is very strong and very agile. Nickname is Muscle Hampster. Did 28 Reps at his pro day, and is a decent blocker (needs some work). He catches the ball out of the backfield. Is a downhill runner and keeps feet moving forward.

Who do you all like?

jjj45
03-22-2012, 01:38 PM
-steps into thread-

-walks out of thread slowly...........-

IamGiantsfan
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
-steps into thread-

+1

G-Men Surg.
03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
I have 3 on offense guys among others, Iowa's WR Marvin Mc Nutt , Arkansas WR/KR/PR Joe Adams and VT RB David Wilson.

On D, Penn State DE Devon Still, WV DE Bruce Irvin as a future SLB in the NFL.

Kruunch
03-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Every year leading up to the draft, I find myself really hoping we take 1 or 2 guys that I really want to see in Blue.

This year for me its 2 boise st players:

George Iloka (S)- big (6'3") strong safety(converted cb) who can really hit. He has some ball skills, but i think his role would be better served playing the Deon Grant roll where he could step up into the box and play the run, but also step back and run with a TE in the seam.

Doug Martin- Is the perfect compliment (and replacement for jacobs) to AB. is not the biggest guy (5'9" 223), but is very strong and very agile. Nickname is Muscle Hampster. Did 28 Reps at his pro day, and is a decent blocker (needs some work). He catches the ball out of the backfield. Is a downhill runner and keeps feet moving forward.

Who do you all like?

I like Iloka a lot too.

I think I'm leaning more towards Robert Turbin then Martin however (similar value ... later round).

slipknottin
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
>This year for me its 2 boise st players:

George Iloka (S)- big (6'3") strong safety(converted cb) who can really hit.

He isnt a converted CB. He was forced to play CB the last couple games of the season because of injuries. And he actually played the position quite well. Which makes him a very interesting prospect.

I think he has below average hips however, and does not have elite range, which probably make him a 3rd or 4th round prospect.

But he has been one of the guys ive kept an eye on throughout this entire process. Would love to see the giants add him. If nothing else you have a monster on STs.

heavyhitter
03-22-2012, 05:29 PM
-steps into thread-

lol

bLuereverie
03-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Muscle Hamster....
Let me think about that for a second.

michaelkhan3
03-28-2012, 07:01 AM
I have Lamar Miller, RB, The U
DeQuan Menzie CB/S, Alabama
Tyrone Crawford DE, Boise St

Strahan4gov
03-31-2012, 05:28 PM
I would LOVE to see Dont`a Hightower still be there at 32 and us to snag him - hes not a coverage LB but more of a run stopping/pass rushing guy but just explosive strength and so much fun to watch.