PDA

View Full Version : STUD MLB

elismom
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't think we have to but man it would be nice to know we had a stud there. Whos is a FA? Can we strade?

Imagine we had a stud. OMG PLEASE!
I mean why I am sick to my stomach that I seae Goff visiting CLEV? That just doesn't seem right! GOFF? HE was out all yr and hes our starter and I am nervous? JEEZ

jppmvp90
03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
lets trade eli for patrick willis and alex smith..........................

Manstache
03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
the draft could yield us a beast in the middle, especially if the kid from alabama falls to us.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-22-2012, 01:32 PM
You guys are goign too crazy over having "stud" Lbers. When was the last great 4-3 defense built around it's Lbers? The only one in the league now is CHI and even they started declining until they picked up Peppers. </P>

Besides, why pick up a pricy FA MLB when he;s going to come out on 3rd downs anyway since Boley and J. Will are our nickle backers? </P>

Spizi
03-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32.

03-22-2012, 02:50 PM
lets trade eli for patrick willis and alex smith.........................</P>

</P>

</P>

You forgot the red font</P>

GiantPride27
03-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32.

i highly doubt hes there at 32... i could see him from as high as 10 to the bills all the way to the ravens.

Bones911
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't know about Kuely I'm really NOT impressed with him.

Spizi
03-22-2012, 05:54 PM

-_-

B&RWarrior
03-22-2012, 07:48 PM

The race factor?? Give me a friggin break. If we were talking about WR, DB, or even RB I would agree. There is no race factor at LB. It's all in your mind.

I don't expect to see him there at 32.

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32. The race factor?? Give me a friggin break. If we were talking about WR, DB, or even RB I would agree. There is no race factor at LB. It's all in your mind. I don't expect to see him there at 32.<FONT color=#ff0000>Did he lose some races in the past?[:'(]</FONT>

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 01:48 AM

what a fabulous post

burier
03-23-2012, 10:38 AM
You guys are goign too crazy over having "stud" Lbers. When was the last great 4-3 defense built around it's Lbers? The only one in the league now is CHI and even they started declining until they picked up Peppers. </P>

Besides, why pick up a pricy FA MLB when he;s going to come out on 3rd downs anyway since Boley and J. Will are our nickle backers? </P>

You don't want to stand pat or you get passed by.

We've got players on the Dline and secondary but we're thin at linebacker so it only makes sense to address it.

Also if we had a Patrick Willis type player Jwill is coming out of the game on third down period.

burier
03-23-2012, 10:40 AM

Race factor??

FBomb
03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32. Race factor??</P>

This should be good.</P>

TuckYou
03-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32.</P>

So many nuggets on this thread, but I have decided to go with this one.</P>

#1 Lack of Speed - Really? Lack of speed? He was the 3rd fastest LB in the 40 at the draft running as fast if not faster then Jaquan Williams. </P>

#2 Race Factor - Not even sure I know exactly wht this means but Im going out on a limb to say you think all white LBs are not as good as black ones. Good job. You win the Complete Moron award.</P>

#3 Being there at 32 - Not a snowballs chance in hell. Best MLB in the class. Very smart, very talented and is a tackling machine. His only know was he wasnt as strong as most LBs and maybe needed to gain some muscle. </P>

Hoping for Kuechly to slip, not because he is white, but because the Eagles just picked up Ryans to play the middle and that is where I would of thought he would go. Now if he slips to the next team who needs a LB, that means Hightower slips as well, all the way to 32.</P>

Raptor22
03-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32.</p>

So many nuggets on this thread, but I have decided to go with this one.</p>

#1 Lack of Speed - Really? Lack of speed? He was the 3rd fastest LB in the 40 at the draft running as fast if not faster then Jaquan Williams. </p>

#2 Race Factor - Not even sure I know exactly wht this means but Im going out on a limb to say you think all white LBs are not as good as black ones. Good job. You win the Complete Moron award.</p>

#3 Being there at 32 - Not a snowballs chance in hell. Best MLB in the class. Very smart, very talented and is a tackling machine. His only know was he wasnt as strong as most LBs and maybe needed to gain some muscle. </p>

Hoping for Kuechly to slip, not because he is white, but because the Eagles just picked up Ryans to play the middle and that is where I would of thought he would go. Now if he slips to the next team who needs a LB, that means Hightower slips as well, all the way to 32.</p>

Devils Advocate:

1) 40 time is manufactured. We saw it with Kuechly: good start and he runs a 4.45, bad start and he ran a 4.7 (which is what a lot of people predicted). I'll be honest, I think Kuechly's combine results are the product of post-season training. He put up identical to better numbers than Patrick Willis. Luke Kuechly does not play like as Patrick Willis. He isn't as fast on the field, he isn't as fluid, he doesn't hit as hard. He's a solid athlete on the field, but not an elite one.

2) There is the very real perception that white guys aren't as athletic as black guys. Take Andrew Luck/Cam Newton. Similar sizes, put up very similar numbers at the combine. However, Newton is viewed as a generational athlete while Luck is viewed in the same light as Brady and the Mannings. He's never been caught from behind, and has even played receiver, but nobody thinks he's athletic.

3) Just because we really like him doesn't mean he's not going to be there. There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that JPP, Prince, or Chad Jones would be where we picked them. Also, MLB is a part-time position for a LOT of defenses. Why spend a mid-high first rounder on a guy who's may very well be on the sidelines for half the defensive snaps?

Now, I LOVE Kuechly. He was my favorite LB, and my pick last year when everybody was still drooling over Burfict.

burier
03-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32.</p>

So many nuggets on this thread, but I have decided to go with this one.</p>

#1 Lack of Speed - Really? Lack of speed? He was the 3rd fastest LB in the 40 at the draft running as fast if not faster then Jaquan Williams. </p>

#2 Race Factor - Not even sure I know exactly wht this means but Im going out on a limb to say you think all white LBs are not as good as black ones. Good job. You win the Complete Moron award.</p>

#3 Being there at 32 - Not a snowballs chance in hell. Best MLB in the class. Very smart, very talented and is a tackling machine. His only know was he wasnt as strong as most LBs and maybe needed to gain some muscle. </p>

Hoping for Kuechly to slip, not because he is white, but because the Eagles just picked up Ryans to play the middle and that is where I would of thought he would go. Now if he slips to the next team who needs a LB, that means Hightower slips as well, all the way to 32.</p>

Devils Advocate:

1) 40 time is manufactured. We saw it with Kuechly: good start and he runs a 4.45, bad start and he ran a 4.7 (which is what a lot of people predicted). I'll be honest, I think Kuechly's combine results are the product of post-season training. He put up identical to better numbers than Patrick Willis. Luke Kuechly does not play like as Patrick Willis. He isn't as fast on the field, he isn't as fluid, he doesn't hit as hard. He's a solid athlete on the field, but not an elite one.

2) There is the very real perception that white guys aren't as athletic as black guys. Take Andrew Luck/Cam Newton. Similar sizes, put up very similar numbers at the combine. However, Newton is viewed as a generational athlete while Luck is viewed in the same light as Brady and the Mannings. He's never been caught from behind, and has even played receiver, but nobody thinks he's athletic.

3) Just because we really like him doesn't mean he's not going to be there. There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that JPP, Prince, or Chad Jones would be where we picked them. Also, MLB is a part-time position for a LOT of defenses. Why spend a mid-high first rounder on a guy who's may very well be on the sidelines for half the defensive snaps?

Now, I LOVE Kuechly. He was my favorite LB, and my pick last year when everybody was still drooling over Burfict.

1) In general too much hoopla about the combine. I don't know how a guy plays 2-4 years of college ball on film and his stock can drop drastically based on one workout.

(The only time I care about the combine is when a guy like RG3 shows and blows the doors off because he feels slighted by playing second fiddle to another prospect as this shows a serious competitve edge.)

2) I've heard pleanty of commentary on Lucks athletic ability. If he's not compared favorably to Cam in that respect I'd venture to say its attributed to style of play vs actual measurables. We also shouldn't pretend that professional sports aren't always looking for a great white hope. There's always some white linebacker who gets taken too early.

I'm still drooling over Burfict

OsiStrahan#1combo
03-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Yea because Alex Smith and Willis beat us right? So lets give up the guy who practically was a HUGE reason why we won it?

Im sure your probably kidding...

FBomb
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Yea because Alex Smith and Willis beat us right? So lets give up the guy who practically was a HUGE reason why we won it? Im sure your probably kidding...</P>

Ya think?[;)]</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
03-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Yea because Alex Smith and Willis beat us right? So lets give up the guy who practically was a HUGE reason why we won it? Im sure your probably kidding...</P>

Ya think?[;)]</P>

</P>

There was someone who had a signature for more of the season with "Eli &amp; Goff for Patrick Willis &amp; Smith....Would Reese have the stones?!!" so there was at least one guy on here would thought that was a good idea. </P>

FBomb
03-23-2012, 01:10 PM

Ya think?[;)]</P>

</P>

There was someone who had a signature for more of the season with "Eli &amp; Goff for Patrick Willis &amp; Smith....Would Reese have the stones?!!" so there was at least one guy on here would thought that was a good idea. </P>

</P>

I remember that thread..........**cold chill up my spine**.......the op was just brutalized in that thread.</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
03-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Ya think?[;)]</P>

</P>

</P>

I remember that thread..........**cold chill up my spine**.......the op was just brutalized in that thread.</P>

</P>

Yep, that was a funny thread. Doubt we'll ever see that trade brought up again. </P>

JesseJames
03-23-2012, 05:23 PM

MLBs only come out on 3rd down because they aren't able to cover the pass, now if we could find one who can do that he stays in on 3rd down. I know its hard to find one but there has to be guys who can do it..

Diamondring
03-23-2012, 05:42 PM
lets trade eli for patrick willis and alex smith.........................</P>

*</P>

*</P>

You forgot the red font</P>It is even stupid to say that even when joking around.

Diamondring
03-23-2012, 05:43 PM

MLBs only come out on 3rd down because they aren't able to cover the pass, now if could find one who can do that he stays in on 3rd down. I know its hard to find one but there has to be guys who can do it..The 43 lb is only needed to cover and stop the run. Going after the passer is not that much of a need when you have a good D-line.

Dirt66
03-23-2012, 05:56 PM
"that means Hightower slips as well, all the way to 32." </P>

If that happened it would be a no brainer pick!!</P>

joeybagadonutz23
03-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Kuechly is going to drop because of lack of need, and the race factor. I really hope he is there at 32. Race factor??</P>

This should be good.</P>

Yeah man, didn't you know that white people can't play LB?

Brian Urlacher, Kevin Greene, Ray Nitschke, Zach Thomas, Jack Lambert, **** Butkus, those crackers couldn't play lick of football. Their mom's dated black guys though and that's how they learned the position..... obviously.

McMVP
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM

No way he drops all the way to 32...I doubt he gets out of the top 12

But we'll see