Steelers- Dont'a Hightower LB ALA

Broncos- Brandon Thompson DT CLEM

Texans- Alameda Ta'Amu NT WAS

Patriots- Chase Minniefield CB UVA

Packers- Fletcher Cox DE MISS

Ravens- Kendall Wright WR BAY

49ers- Peter Konz C WISC

Patriots- Andre Branch OLB CLEM

Giants- Stephen Hill WR GT (Had Still here but it was too tempting to let Hill go)

rainierjef
03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
you know Fleener worked himself into the first round right?

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 07:24 PM
you know Fleener worked himself into the first round right?Tell me who's gonna take a TE in the first round?We have the most pressing need and I doubt we spend a pick on a TE. the best in the game were 2nd-mid round guys. Much rather get an Egnew in the 3rd or 4th.

Neverend
03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
See them taking stephen hill in that slot... not still

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
See them taking stephen hill in that slot... not stillI originally put Hill as the pick but once I saw that Still was on the board he just made the most "value" sense.

slipknottin
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Chiefs have two of the best OTs in the league, not sure why they would add another one.

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Chiefs have two of the best OTs in the league, not sure why they would add another one.I forgot they signed Winston. Will edit now

TheEnigma
03-22-2012, 07:43 PM
I think Josh Robinson has a better chance to get into the 1st than Jenkins or Minnifield at this point.

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I think Josh Robinson has a better chance to get into the 1st than Jenkins or Minnifield at this point.I doubt it. his combine was good but Jenkins and Minniefield have preformed in games as well to garner their grades. However he is an early 2nd rounder.

heavyhitter
03-22-2012, 07:50 PM
<font size="2">I think another RB may be taken in round 1. David Wilson or Lamar Miller, pick your poison. </font>

NY4U2
03-22-2012, 07:52 PM
you forgot to calculate the Dumpikslide factor.

Dumpikslide = when a team makes a dumb pick in a draft (reach) and causes draftees to slide to other teams.

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 08:04 PM
No we have Tannehill, Thompson, and Alameda Ta'amu. those are the only ones that come to mind. there is a possibility of Zach Brown to Seattle though.

smashndash715
03-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Chiefs have two of the best OTs in the league, not sure why they would add another one.

DeCastro isnt a tackle..he is a guard and some scouts are looking at him as a center..not a tackle tho

smashndash715
03-22-2012, 08:08 PM
and u dont even have riley reiff going in the 1st?

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 08:09 PM
<font size="2">I think another RB may be taken in round 1. David Wilson or Lamar Miller, pick your poison. </font>
I just can't see it with the teams picking having more pressing needs. the only possible one I see is the Bengals but without Trent Richardson on the board I would think they'd wait till the second.

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 08:09 PM

DeCastro isnt a tackle..he is a guard and some scouts are looking at him as a center..not a tackle thoI had Martin there. I edited

TheEnigma
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I think Josh Robinson has a better chance to get into the 1st than Jenkins or Minnifield at this point.I doubt it. his combine was good but Jenkins and Minniefield have preformed in games as well to garner their grades. However he is an early 2nd rounder.I don't see many teams having Jenkins or Minnifield on their board for the 1st round due to off the field issues but I suppose if the Bengals or possibly the Ravens like them, they come off the board.

BlueSanta
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
While I do like Hill, and Still. I do not think this mock makes much sense except in that it appears you tried to give teams players in order to get the guys you like down to pick 32.

I do not see Hill making it past the Broncos or Ravens. I think Brandon Thompson is a 2nd rounder, but if he is taken in the 1st I do not think it will be the Broncos, who need someone to catch passes from Peyton.

But, to be fair, this draft isnt completely unbelievable and if people should take anything from it, it is that guys you think are unattainable may in fact not be. Just based on film I would not think Still woud have much chance of being there at 32, but now I am not sure. Fleener isnt on this list, and I think he is a late 1st rounder now. So, you never know

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 08:11 PM
and u dont even have riley reiff going in the 1st?He's strickly a RT/ can't find anywhere that needs a RT in the first. He can be interchanged with the Tannehill pick but i just have a feeling the fins go QB with a new HC in Philbin.

TheEnigma
03-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Nevermind on Minnifield. Some reason I always get him mixed up with Cliff Harris.

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 08:16 PM
While I do like Hill, and Still. I do not think this mock makes much sense except in that it appears you tried to give teams players in order to get the guys you like down to pick 32.

I do not see Hill making it past the Broncos or Ravens. I think Brandon Thompson is a 2nd rounder, but if he is taken in the 1st I do not think it will be the Broncos, who need someone to catch passes from Peyton.*

But, to be fair,* this draft isnt completely unbelievable and if people should take anything from it, it is that guys you think are unattainable may in fact not be. Just based on film I would not think Still woud have much chance of being there at 32, but now I am not sure. Fleener isnt on this list, and I think he is a late 1st rounder now. So, you never know

Though the Ravens like speed they want a guy who can effectively run routes that's why I put Kendall Wright. he is fast, runs good routes and is a deep ball threat. The Broncos have Demarious Thomas and Erick Decker who are two good pass catchers plus a stable of young fast TEs. I mean by drafting Hill there your drafting a Thomas clone and they lost the heart of their D-line in Bunkley who stuffed the run (and was the best at i in 2012) so they need a plugger inside and that's Thompson. The only thing that bug me about my board is Reiff but I can't find a spot that's really logical.

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
I think Josh Robinson has a better chance to get into the 1st than Jenkins or Minnifield at this point.I doubt it. his combine was good but Jenkins and Minniefield have preformed in games as well to garner their grades. However he is an early 2nd rounder.I don't see many teams having Jenkins or Minnifield on their board for the 1st round due to off the field issues but I suppose if the Bengals or possibly the Ravens like them, they come off the board.Jenkins is too talented in man coverage to fall out the first. the only reason I didn't have him going to the titans is because they like physical CBs that can really press because they run lots of bump and run man and Jenkins is a guy that excels in off man play that allows him to jump routes.

heavyhitter
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM
and <font size="3">u dont even have riley reiff going in the 1st?</font><font size="3">He's strickly a RT/ can't find anywhere that needs a RT in the first</font>. He can be interchanged with the Tannehill pick but i just have a feeling the fins go QB with a new HC in Philbin.<font size="2">Rams, Jags, Fins, Panthers, Bills, someone will draft Riley Reiff in the 1st w/o a doubt. </font>

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 08:32 PM
and <font size="3">u dont even have riley reiff going in the 1st?</font><font size="3">He's strickly a RT/ can't find anywhere that needs a RT in the first</font>. He can be interchanged with the Tannehill pick but i just have a feeling the fins go QB with a new HC in Philbin.<font size="2">Rams, Jags, Fins, Panthers, Bills, someone will draft Riley Reiff in the 1st w/o a doubt. </font>
Rams are picking too high, Jags might be in play but they need pass rush desperately, Fins I already explained, Panthers have Jeff Otah, Bills are a possibility but they're switching to a 4-3 and when you have the best 4-3 MLB in the draft staring you in the face you take him.

bLuereverie
03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
I can't recall Hill running anything other than a go or deep post route.

Rather have Rueben Randle than him. He had more catches last year than Hill had his collegiate career.

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I can't recall Hill running anything other than a go or deep post route.

Rather have Rueben Randle than him. He had more catches last year than Hill had his collegiate career.Well wen ur playing in the Run Heavy Triple option Georgia Tech did you won't get many opportunities and he did average 22 ypc and he showed much better route running ability at the Combine and pro day than many people thought he had. Also Randle doesn't have the body control and speed/height this guy has.

bLuereverie
03-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Randle's an inch shorter. You're speaking from a wagon that was created weeks after the last college snap.

XxBigWhitxX
03-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Randle's an inch shorter. You're speaking from a wagon that was created weeks after the last college snap.How was anything I said wrong then? everything I said was true so how am I bandwagoning? Look at other mocks and you would see most have hill going even earlier than 32.

Manstache
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
uh........the giants? dude, we took shockey in the first round a decade ago.

rainierjef
03-23-2012, 09:51 PM
uh........the giants? dude, we took shockey in the first round a decade ago. i felt that this didn't need to be explained but thanks anyway</P>

Garbloz
03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
excuse my small novel posts

i think they take best looking 4-3 lb available unless crazy value presents itself. please don't ask me to explain cause it will take a novel lol. just reference the 4 different types of views from our fans on these boards for answers for what we need not the trolls. if im still on and have a few more i might make a thread about that lol. its the last days of these great boards anyway that i have been reading for years.

also
i don't really like college football that much and you really never know what to expect from rooks. so can someone please explain to me what they see in the players possibly available and taken by us. imo we need lb 10-10 oline 8-10 bpa over 1 of those would have to seem like complete steals such as prince and austin only time will tell. and no way in the underworld i would draft a qb atm.

heavyhitter
03-25-2012, 10:28 PM
you know Fleener worked himself into the first round right?<font size="2">Did he?</font>

heavyhitter
03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
<font size="2">You don't honestly believe Riley Reiff will make it out the 1st round do you?</font>

nycsportzfan
03-25-2012, 11:04 PM
<FONT size=2>I think another RB may be taken in round 1. David Wilson or Lamar Miller, pick your poison. </FONT>
I just can't see it with the teams picking having more pressing needs. the only possible one I see is the Bengals but without Trent Richardson on the board I would think they'd wait till the second.The giants very well could go RB in the first, let alone a team like Denver or Green Bay... Doug Martin has clearly taken over the 2nd best RB int his class from Miller and Wilson in my opinion, and has a legit chance to go as the 2nd RB taken in the first rd.. I called martin the 2nd best back in this class well before off season began, and hes done nothing but prove it since then... hes a complete back that also can return kicks, has a great RB body, and catches the ball perfectly and has outstanding balance and cutback ability.. He could go on RD 2, but i gotta feeling he sneaks into RD 1.. I hope we give em a look, personally...

heavyhitter
03-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I just can't see it with the teams picking having more pressing needs. the only possible one I see is the Bengals but without Trent Richardson on the board I would think they'd wait till the second.The giants very well could go RB in the first, let alone a team like Denver or Green Bay... Doug Martin has clearly taken over the 2nd best RB int his class from Miller and Wilson in my opinion, and has a legit chance to go as the 2nd RB taken in the first rd.. I called martin the 2nd best back in this class well before off season began, and hes done nothing but prove it since then... hes a complete back that also can return kicks, has a great RB body, and catches the ball perfectly and has outstanding balance and cutback ability.. He could go on RD 2, but i gotta feeling he sneaks into RD 1.. I hope we give em a look, personally...<font size="2">I like Martin a lot, but not as high on him as you. If the Giants took him at 32, it would be a slight reach IMO and he could very likely be off the board at 64. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 RB's taken in the 1st round. TRich and ???</font>

heavyhitter
03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
and u dont even have riley reiff going in the 1st?<font size="3">He's strickly a RT/ can't find anywhere that needs a RT in the first</font>. He can be interchanged with the Tannehill pick but i just have a feeling the fins go QB with a new HC in Philbin.<font size="2">Giants could use a RT in the 1st, lol. BTW, I think he's versatile enough to play either or RT or LT, probably have more success on the right side though. Buffalo, Seattle, someone will snatch him up early. </font>