PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather draft??

AceOspadZ4
03-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?

XxBigWhitxX
03-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?If Kuechly is there you take him no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

titwio
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?If Kuechly is there you take him no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Yeah definitely...Luke would certainly qualify as the BPA.

myles2424
03-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Kuechly would fill a need & be BPA......but there's no way that happens......one thing I know is,whoever we pick,it'll be someone none of us expect.....

BluGiantPies
03-23-2012, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't say no way profootball talks mock has him dropping to us and selecting him.

NYG_88
03-23-2012, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't say no way profootball talks mock has him dropping to us and selecting him.

Saw that mock and stopped reading after the Colts took RG3 first.

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I think TE and WR are bigger needs than MLB.

NYG_88
03-23-2012, 01:40 AM

For the first round pick? I mean I think the Giants bigger needs are LB and O-Line but this 32 pick can go anyway depending on the how the top 5 picks go.

G-Men Surg.
03-23-2012, 01:45 AM
I do think the Giants have their starters set at this moment in time at WR and TE but still theres a lot of questions unanswered about the depth behind in those positions. With out a question the Giants struggled when MLB position lost depth and a no one seemed to grab the starting role by the horns. That been said I don't see major holes in the actual roster that Reese can't fill with quality and talent in this years draft. BPA at DT, TE, RB, ILB or WR are all possibilities but I do see Reese taking a even keel value-need pick this year at 32.

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 01:46 AM
For the first round pick? I mean I think the Giants bigger needs are LB and O-Line but this 32 pick can go anyway depending on the how the top 5 picks go.

For any pick, doesnt matter.

Bigger argument is player rankings, is Kuechly a better player than Fleener. Which I do believe he is.

Giants always draft mix of value and position of need.

Both Fleener & Kuechly would fit both if avaliable at 32. So its likely a matter of which they think is the better player.

But I think that decision is made for the giants, very improbable that both are avaliable at 32. And I dont think Hightower is as good a player as Fleener, not by a long shot

NYG_88
03-23-2012, 01:54 AM

For any pick, doesnt matter.

Bigger argument is player rankings, is Kuechly a better player than Fleener. Which I do believe he is.

Giants always draft mix of value and position of need.

Both Fleener & Kuechly would fit both if avaliable at 32. So its likely a matter of which they think is the better player.

But I think that decision is made for the giants, very improbable that both are avaliable at 32. And I dont think Hightower is as good a player as Fleener, not by a long shot

If it presents itself between Kuechly and Fleener for the 32nd pick, it would be interesting which they would go. Think most Giants fan would choose Kuechly and I would too.

GMenNY21
03-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Kuechly

rainierjef
03-23-2012, 02:52 AM

Slip thank you so much for this i couldn't of said it better myself.

we spent like 3 picks on LB's last year. do we really need to spend a 1st on one this year?

don't get me wrong if Keuchley is there then its BPA and i agree but other than him i think, TE/OL/WR/RB are bigger needs at 32 in that order

imho

tonyt830
03-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Though I like Fleener, if Kuechly somehow drops to 32, I would be happy if Reese took him.

But it all depends who Reese and the Giants have on their boards as BPA. If Kuechly is gone, and they feel Fleener is BPA---once again, I'm ok with that.

But since we signed Bennett, albeit to a 1 yr deal, I don't think we have to sweat the TE position in rd 1. Maybe a guy like Green or Egnew in the 3rd or 4th could be an option.

BlueSanta
03-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Luke has the most value of any of these guys mentioned.

But his position is not 1 of more need than the others , thats just your opinion and I dont agree.

tonyt830
03-23-2012, 07:44 AM

But his position is not 1 of more need than the others , thats just your opinion and I dont agree.
Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32.

BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?

nycsportzfan
03-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Theres zero chance kuechly makes it to us at 32... If he was to make it to 20-23 range, i'd consider trading up and getting him, no ifs or buts about it... The problem is, hes not making it outta the teens, and i'll put anything on that...</P>

A player i could see the Giants targeting at 32 is Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St.. Hes got big upside, and its a positon the giants think very highly of, and it would not surprise me one bit if Worthy is the pick... </P>

DelawareGiants
03-23-2012, 09:12 AM
If Kuechly is there it would be a shocker- Baltimore would have to pass him up. Some have him going as high as 12 to Seattle but I just can not see that. Philadelphia just got their guy in D. Ryans so they will most likely go with DT pick. Baltimore is looking for their replacement at MLB so unless we move up and pick prior to them I don't see that happening. Hill most likely will also be gone. Fleener I could see being snagged up by San Fran- they got their receivers now and Defense is set and not sure OL is worth the pick there. Harbaugh loves Stanford guys. I think Giants may be taking the V Tech RB at 32 and looking at TE in 3rd or 4th round (Egnew possibly?).

BlueSanta
03-23-2012, 05:51 PM

Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32.

BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?

I dont know, its not impossible, but I dont think it likely either, especially withe the Skins. I do think a trade back is more likely than a trade up.

It all depends on Reese board. If you believe his post Draft comments in the past couple years he has had guys he rated way higher than where we were picking fall right into his lap.

But, if this years 32nd pick rolls around and there isnt a pick he loves, its not impossible that he might trade down.

tonyt830
03-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32. BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?

I dont know, its not impossible, but I dont think it likely either,<FONT color=#0000ff> especially withe the Skins</FONT>. I do think a trade back is more likely than a trade up.

It all depends on Reese board. If you believe his post Draft comments in the past couple years he has had guys he rated way higher than where we were picking fall right into his lap.

But, if this years 32nd pick rolls around and there isnt a pick he loves, its not impossible that he might trade down.
Oh if I mistyped or you misunderstood, but when I mentioned trade down, possibly with the Rams, I meant their 2 2nd rd picks---1 of which is the one the Rams acquired from the Skins to get the overall number 2 pick.</P>

</P>

But yeah I agree trade down would be more likely than trade up in the 1st rd.</P>

wideright91
03-25-2012, 03:25 AM

Well I have said it before. I would not be shocked to see Reese take a DE or DT at 32, if he feels they are the BPA at 32. BlueSanta, could you see Reese trading out of the first rd? I wonder if the Rams would trade their 2nd and the Redskins 2nd to move into the 1st rd?

I dont know, its not impossible, but I dont think it likely either,<font color="#0000ff"> especially withe the Skins</font>. I do think a trade back is more likely than a trade up.

Oh if I mistyped or you misunderstood, but when I mentioned trade down, possibly with the Rams, I meant their 2 2nd rd picks---1 of which is the one the Rams acquired from the Skins to get the overall number 2 pick.</p>

</p>

But yeah I agree trade down would be more likely than trade up in the 1st rd.</p>

I agree, though I am curious to see how the slotted picks / rookie salary cap affects JR's aggression on draft day.

Redeyejedi
03-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?I disagree they arent needs. The Giants need another weapon in the passing game

lawl
03-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need

buddy33
03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
I thinkmthenonly positions we know they won't be drafting in the 1st are QB, P, and K. One than hose I could see any other position being taken in the 1st based on BPA or need.

Axels15
03-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I'd really like Kuechly or Hill in this draft.

Gmenfan87
03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it.

slipknottin
03-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it.

A guy with 85 career catches in 4 seasons who has a 1 year contract?

Neverend
03-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Lets say Bennett becomes a great player who fulfills his supposed inner unleashed potential... then he probably leaves the giants and TE becomes a need again

buddy33
03-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Even if Bennett, a guy who has done nothing since entering the league, becomes a good TE here, don't they need depth? They lost 2 TE's in the Super Bowl and I like Bear and all but they need someone else.

rainierjef
03-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Are you serious?

ballard - injured might be out for a couple of games
Beckum - Injured might be out for a couple of games
Hopkins - practice squad guy, only mentioned cause we lost the two up above
Pascoe - he's still have ways to go to prove he can handle being a starting TE
Bennett - i think everyone is putting way too much hope in this guy coming in and hitting the ground running. i'm not saying hes not going to be great but i'm also not saying he the answer right now.

we have the 32nd pick in the first which is almost like an early 2nd round pick. if we were in the teens or top ten then i might say well we do need a TE but non are top ten or fifteen material but its the 32 pick.... come on bruh

rainierjef
03-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in

nycsportzfan
03-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Other than RT, I'm starting to think that WR is our biggest need as well as TE. i tihnk we should give Deihl and Brewer a chance at RT. what was the point of drafting him if were not going to attempt to plug him in
I'm as big a James Brewer fan as there is, and he was the guy i wanted when our pick came up in RD 4 last yr, but we just don't know what he'll play like in the NFL so we need to get some depth there... Diehl is more G or LT then a RT in my opinion, seeing how that is where hes played... I think drafting a tackle that is suited for RT is of utmost importance.. Even if we wait untill mid rds, and get a sleeper like Tom Compton of S.Dak St is fine, but we gotta get some depth...

Bohemian
03-25-2012, 09:23 PM

Yeah definitely...Luke would certainly qualify as the BPA.

I would throw a party if we drafted him. LB is a position that I have been hoping for the team to address since Antonio Pierce left.

I can't wait for the draft!

lawl
03-26-2012, 07:06 AM
* I'm as big a* James Brewer fan as there is, and he was the guy i wanted when our pick came up in RD 4 last yr, but we just don't know what he'll play like in the NFL so we need to get some depth there...* Diehl is more* G or LT then a RT in my opinion, seeing how that is where hes played... I think drafting a tackle that is suited for RT is of utmost importance.. Even if we wait untill mid rds, and get a sleeper like Tom Compton of S.Dak St is fine, but we gotta get some depth...

Yea. If brewer is ready to start then I'm all for it. But there's just no way of me knowing whether or not hes ready. Diehl should not be given a starting job at any position on the OL

Redeyejedi
03-26-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't understand why TE is still such a big need. Didn't we just pick up Bennett? I mean big enough to use our 1st pick on? I just don't see it. Coby Fleener is not "Just a TE". He is another elite weapon in the passing game. I dont think u are seeing the potential he could have overall on this offense. Manningham leaving does hurt this team

Kruunch
03-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Non- need positions such as Fleener or Stephen Hill, or a need position like Kuechly?

I'd argue that Fleener is also a need position, but I'd take Kuechly over Fleener in a heartbeat.

WR I think we're good at however considering you need 3 starting WRs per year and have to deal with FA every 4 years per WR and this being a passing league and the Giants being a passing team, I could see WR in every draft being a high priority position. The NFL seems to be really split on whether this is a good draft for WRs ... some same its really deep and others say its a crap year for the position. However I don't think we go WR with our first round pick (especially since we've been hawking Sanu more and more).

I think a better question would have been would you go Fleener (TE) or Hill (WR) or Glenn (OG). Cordy Glenn is falling on a lot of mock drafts simply because he's not in a sexy position. Given his versatility (can flex to OT) he might make the most sense for the Giants if he's still there at #32.

RagTime Blue
03-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I could see Reese targeting TE in the draft, but the Bennett signing makes me think he won't spend first round $$ on the position.

I do like both Hill and Glenn, however. Especially Glenn. . .he'd inspire an awful lot of competition in that OL, and get some big salaries playing harder. . .including the untouchable #76.