PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Gilbride has won 2 Superbowls. Any reason why he was not given a head-coaching job?

gian_18778
03-23-2012, 08:33 AM
I find this interesting.

I know we have had our issues with Gilbride, but he has beaten the best in the league, and I give him credit for that.

NJ10
03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Gilbride takes a lot of heat from fans. I admit I wanted him gone. But our offense has been among the top in the NFL as him as our coordinator. Two Super Bowls. Sometimes he does things that has me scratching my head but bottom line he does a good job and were lucky to have him.

BlueJayC
03-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Because he's awful and the Giants O succeeds despite him......</P>

Partially kidding.....I'd like some young innovative blood but I'm okay with KG....can't argue with results.</P>

I heard that he interviews terrible.....from as ESPN would site "Sources." Some guys are just career coordinators. His short stead in SD as the HC doesn't help him either.</P>

gian_18778
03-23-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm sure that he's a much better coach now (being under Tom Coughlin) that we was in SD. Spags got the Rams job, just after one season as our D-cord.

Is Gilbride really that bad?

GameTime
03-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Maybe he likes his rings and wants more. He knows he has a great thing going with the Giants. Maybe he isnt putting himself out there.

chasjay
03-23-2012, 09:23 AM
As some others said, I don't know how driven he is to land another HC gig - is he known to have aggressively pursued any HC openings over the past few years? Maybe he believes he'll have a shot with the GMen when TC does retire (I'm making the assumption that TC will leave on his own terms and not by being fired)

G-Man67
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
hey it works in our favor ... so many super bowl teams have their staffs raided ... it happened with spags, but we've gotgood continuity with Gilbride and Fewell ... it's nice when you only need to tweak the O instead of installing a brand new O every single year</P>

i might be naive in saying this, but i don't think KG has been that aggressive in seeking a HC position ... now obviously if a team wanted him, i'm sure he wouldlisten and interview ... he's got a family and more $$ is more $$, but i don't see him calling teams and saying ... hey, let's talk about your HC opening</P>

also, take a Mike Martz ... he was a good o-coordinator, but never a good HC ... maybe teams look at KG in a similar light</P>

FBomb
03-23-2012, 09:50 AM
KG is strictly an X's and O's guy. You need to be a motivator as well and I don't get that vibe from him.</P>

That being said, Kevin Gilbride is VASTLY underrated as an OC. Mostly by Giants fans.</P>

nygsb42champs
03-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Maybe he is just happy doing what he does. Being a HC you have to wear so many different hats.

burier
03-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Because NFL films keeps showing footage of him getting snuffed by a 65 year old man.

gian_18778
03-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Because NFL films keeps showing footage of him getting snuffed by a 65 year old man.

Ouch! lol...

Kruunch
03-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I find this interesting.

I know we have had our issues with Gilbride, but he has beaten the best in the league, and I give him credit for that.

He's basically considered a career coordinator. He doesn't give a strong interview and I don't think he has the personality for a HC (ala Wade Phillips).

He was an HC for a little bit to no effect.

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Some coordinators dont want to be head coaches.

**** LeBeau though he was a head coach for a bit now says he wants to just be a defensive coordinator.

burier
03-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Giants Coordinator Gilbride longs to be Head coach

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/never_bride_S2Trnj9VuFWxqYavMt4QbJ

Seriously I think the Buddy Ryan thing doesn't help but more than that his time with Chargers was highly forgettable. Plus He's old.

The NFL is definately trending toward younger coaches. (There's no varifyable information to support his so-called lack of interview skills so beware of suto analysts.)

G-Man67
03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Giants Coordinator Gilbride longs to be Head coach http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/never_bride_S2Trnj9VuFWxqYavMt4QbJ Seriously I think the Buddy Ryan thing doesn't help but more than that his time with Chargers was highly forgettable. Plus He's old. The NFL is definately trending toward younger coaches. (There's no varifyable information to support his so-called lack of interview skills so beware of suto analysts.)</P>

thanks, good info ... yeah i was naive in thinking he wouldn't reallybe aggressively pursuing aHC job</P>

ha, maybe he would need to shave the stash and wear more trendy clothing [:)]</P>

but like i said, it works in our favor ... you saw what happened when we lost spags ... the sheridan thing was a disaster ... now fewell has given us continuity again, but losing KG (despite what the haters say) would be a setback</P>

RoanokeFan
03-23-2012, 11:26 AM
KG is strictly an X's and O's guy. You need to be a motivator as well and I don't get that vibe from him.</p>

That being said, Kevin Gilbride is VASTLY underrated as an OC. Mostly by Giants fans.</p>

This ^ and I would add his relationship with Eli is very important to the organization's quest for continuity

burier
03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Giants Coordinator Gilbride longs to be Head coach http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/never_bride_S2Trnj9VuFWxqYavMt4QbJ Seriously I think the Buddy Ryan thing doesn't help but more than that his time with Chargers was highly forgettable. Plus He's old. The NFL is definately trending toward younger coaches. (There's no varifyable information to support his so-called lack of interview skills so beware of suto analysts.)</P>

thanks, good info ... yeah i was naive in thinking he wouldn't really*be aggressively pursuing a*HC job</P>

ha, maybe he would need to shave the stash and wear more trendy clothing [:)]</P>

but like i said, it works in our favor ... you saw what happened when we lost spags ... the sheridan thing was a disaster ... now fewell has given us continuity again, but* losing KG (despite what the haters say) would be a setback</P>

Absolutely. I've been hyper-critical of the man but at this point I believe Eli has such a grasp on the offense that the continuity that Gilbride brings is a major plus despite his sometimes puzzling play selection.

The spags thing really gets on my nerves as I feel we should have been able to keep him around by offering him a spot as Coughs aire apparent. Though I'm totally speculating on that point.

Whats more annoying is the promotion of Bill Sheridan. I'm all for hiring from within but he was the LB coach which was our worst performing unit. Hire from within only if the guy is qualified.

GameTime
03-23-2012, 11:45 AM

thanks, good info ... yeah i was naive in thinking he wouldn't reallybe aggressively pursuing aHC job</P>

but like i said, it works in our favor ... you saw what happened when we lost spags ... the sheridan thing was a disaster ... now fewell has given us continuity again, but losing KG (despite what the haters say) would be a setback</P>

Absolutely. I've been hyper-critical of the man but at this point I believe Eli has such a grasp on the offense that the continuity that Gilbride brings is a major plus despite his sometimes puzzling play selection. The spags thing really gets on my nerves as I feel we should have been able to keep him around by offering him a spot as Coughs aire apparent. Though I'm totally speculating on that point. Whats more annoying is the promotion of Bill Sheridan. I'm all for hiring from within but he was the LB coach which was our worst performing unit. Hire from within only if the guy is qualified.</P>

Watch any team as much as you watch AND scrutinize the Giants and you (you in the general sense not "you" burier)will piss and moan about the HC, OC, DC, etc. Its the nature of the beast. ALL OCs have questionble play calls. </P>

Spags was a LB coach too prior to his DC appointment. He had two good seasons as a DC and dropped the HC gig. I bet they thought Sheridan was "qualified". Dont know whyyou would think they though he would suck.</P>

Drez
03-23-2012, 11:54 AM

Seriously I think the Buddy Ryan thing doesn't help but more than that his time with Chargers was highly forgettable. Plus He's old.

The NFL is definately trending toward younger coaches. (There's no varifyable information to support his so-called lack of interview skills so beware of suto analysts.)
The only people who care about the Buddy Ryan thing are the ignorant. Seems only the ignorant bring it up like it says more about KG than it does Ryan.

Drez
03-23-2012, 11:59 AM

The spags thing really gets on my nerves as I feel we should have been able to keep him around by offering him a spot as Coughs aire apparent. Though I'm totally speculating on that point.
We made Spags one of the highest paid coordinators in the league after '07. How were we going to be able to keep him? Also, do you really want the guy that's willing to wait another 4+ years to wait out TC to become HC as opposed to the guy that's aggressive enough to put himself out there and cease an opportunity?

gian_18778
03-23-2012, 12:13 PM

thanks, good info ... yeah i was naive in thinking he wouldn't really*be aggressively pursuing a*HC job</P>

but like i said, it works in our favor ... you saw what happened when we lost spags ... the sheridan thing was a disaster ... now fewell has given us continuity again, but* losing KG (despite what the haters say) would be a setback</P>

My thing is, he was a head coach over a decade ago, and while the Buddy Ryan incident will be a thing of NFL folk-lore for as long as he's around----and after, I still find it odd that teams have not seek his services.

Granted he might be up in age, but Tom Coughlin has proven that age really has nothing to do with it. He's responsible for the development of a two-time superbowl MVP, rising star receivers in Nicks, and Cruz, shatter most of the Giants's passing franchise records, and as long as he and Manning are in New York, they may own the passing record book for the Giants for many, many years.

burier
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM

Absolutely. I've been hyper-critical of the man but at this point I believe Eli has such a grasp on the offense that the continuity that Gilbride brings is a major plus despite his sometimes puzzling play selection. The spags thing really gets on my nerves as I feel we should have been able to keep him around by offering him a spot as Coughs aire apparent. Though I'm totally speculating on that point. Whats more annoying is the promotion of Bill Sheridan. I'm all for hiring from within but he was the LB coach which was our worst performing unit. Hire from within only if the guy is qualified.</P>

Watch any team as much as you watch AND scrutinize the Giants and you (you in the general sense not "you" burier)*will piss and moan about the HC, OC, DC, etc. Its the nature of the beast. ALL OCs have questionble play calls. </P>

Spags was a LB coach too prior to his DC appointment. He had two good seasons as a DC and dropped the HC gig. I bet they thought Sheridan was "qualified". Dont know why*you would think they though he would suck.</P>

lol.

Not saying that hired Sheridan thinking he would suck. I know they thought he'd be great.

As far as Spags. It makes sense for Spags to jump up from Linebacker coach to DC since he was the LB coach in Philly which was a team strength.

Im sure other things are considered but I always found it off that Sheridan was moved up from LB coach when the linebackers hadn't really been all that great. We seemed to always rely on our Dline play when in a jam. Granted there were better players on the Dline but...just a thought.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I think it just comes down to his age, his stint in SD and him not being a "fresh" new coaching prospect. </P>

Teams are going more and more to new coaching candidates rather than going back to guys that failed in other spots. </P>

I don't really agree with that line of thinking, as guys can definitly become better coaches as they progress in their careers, heck look at TC as prime example. </P>

burier
03-23-2012, 12:40 PM

We made Spags one of the highest paid coordinators in the league after '07. How were we going to be able to keep him? Also, do you really want the guy that's willing to wait another 4+ years to wait out TC to become HC as opposed to the guy that's aggressive enough to put himself out there and cease an opportunity?

Not faulting Spags for taking his opportunity but I'd like to think most guys would rather coach the Giants than the Rams. I wouldn't really look at it as waiting around as much as positoning himself for the optimum opportunity. Good things come to those who wait.

I wouldn't look down on that approach at all.

Also Spags is a young guy. Clearly has alot to learn. May have jumped into the fire a bit too soon perhaps?

bigal1giant
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
I've never been a big fan of Gilbride. But, that said, I have also wondered if we win because of Gilbride or in spite of him?
Not being an offensive genius myself I don't have the football smarts to understand some of the play calls, i.e. draws on 3rd and long, etc. Maybe it's a smart move or maybe it's dumb!
I also still wonder if it was Eli or KG that called the pass to Manningham in the Super Bowl???
Oh well, he's ours as long as TC stays. Gotta make the best of it! Another super bowl win and he might just be my hero!!!!

burier
03-23-2012, 01:03 PM

The only people who care about the Buddy Ryan thing are the ignorant. Seems only the ignorant bring it up like it says more about KG than it does Ryan.

I was only half serious about the Buddy Ryan thing...But I'm guessing in the section on KGs resume about special accomplishments it doesn't mention that he got his jaw jacked on television.

gian_18778
03-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I've never been a big fan of Gilbride. But, that said, I have also wondered if we win because of Gilbride or in spite of him?
Not being an offensive genius myself I don't have the football smarts to understand some of the play calls, i.e. draws on 3rd and long, etc. Maybe it's a smart move or maybe it's dumb!
I also still wonder if it was Eli or KG that called the pass to Manningham in the Super Bowl???
Oh well, he's ours as long as TC stays. Gotta make the best of it! Another super bowl win and he might just be my hero!!!!

I don't want to come off like I'm defending Gilbride, but I'll call a spade a spade.

It is my view, when looking at the Giants over the years, that in many of the cases, it may have been a poorly thrown ball, or poor execution.

Now, I agree that the whole world knows when we will run a draw or wr screen, but outside of that, the playcall failed mainly because of poor execution and not the play itself.

To me, it appears Eli is more in stride with this pseudo run-and-shoot offence that Gilbride runs. Coupled with the fact that Eli's accuracy has improved greatly, and I believe we are set to break every passing record in Giants history, and also some league records, a la last season (most TD's thrown in 4th qtr, Eli Manning).

burier
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM

I don't want to come off like I'm defending Gilbride, but I'll call a spade a spade.

It is my view, when looking at the Giants over the years, that in many of the cases, it may have been a poorly thrown ball, or poor execution.

Now, I agree that the whole world knows when we will run a draw or wr screen, but outside of that, the playcall failed mainly because of poor execution and not the play itself.

To me, it appears Eli is more in stride with this pseudo run-and-shoot offence that Gilbride runs. Coupled with the fact that Eli's accuracy has improved greatly, and I believe we are set to break every passing record in Giants history, and also some league records, a la last season (most TD's thrown in 4th qtr, Eli Manning).

I think some pretty solid reasons for him not getting a head coaching job have been offered. That was the question right?

If the question is "Is he capable of being a headcoach" Then sure he seems qualified.

But again. Retreads as head coaches are passe. Headcoaches in their 60's are passe and mustaches are passe.

GameTime
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM

Watch any team as much as you watch AND scrutinize the Giants and you (you in the general sense not "you" burier)will piss and moan about the HC, OC, DC, etc. Its the nature of the beast. ALL OCs have questionble play calls. </P>

Spags was a LB coach too prior to his DC appointment. He had two good seasons as a DC and dropped the HC gig. I bet they thought Sheridan was "qualified". Dont know whyyou would think they though he would suck.</P>

lol. Not saying that hired Sheridan thinking he would suck. I know they thought he'd be great. As far as Spags. It makes sense for Spags to jump up from Linebacker coach to DC since he was the LB coach in Philly which was a team strength. Im sure other things are considered but I always found it off that Sheridan was moved up from LB coach when the linebackers hadn't really been all that great. We seemed to always rely on our Dline play when in a jam. Granted there were better players on the Dline but...just a thought.</P>

nd when Spagnulo was the DCthey relied on the Dline big time too. Its no dispute that Spagnulo was noght and day compared to Sheridan but in relation to KG....you cant argue with the bottom line .</P>

Besides Eli has had the clout the last two seasons or so that if he didnt like KG he would be gone.</P>

I just think KG likes it right where he is at for now. The whole thing about Buddy Ryan....for one it was an unexpected punch and two....Buddy Ryan is an *******.</P>

Drez
03-23-2012, 01:25 PM

Not faulting Spags for taking his opportunity but I'd like to think most guys would rather coach the Giants than the Rams. I wouldn't really look at it as waiting around as much as positoning himself for the optimum opportunity. Good things come to those who wait.

Also Spags is a young guy. Clearly has alot to learn. May have jumped into the fire a bit too soon perhaps?
It's not about wanting to coach the Giants over the Rams. Of course the Giants job is more attractive. It's about seizing an opportunity when it presents itself. With as fickle as the NFL is, you have to strike while the iron is hot.

What happens if Spags defense suffers the same way that Sheridan's did? Would he still have been a hot commodity?

Maybe he did strike out on his own a little too soon, but I'm sure he's all the smarter for the experience, and he just might end up getting to the the acting HC in NO this season with the whole bounty issue. We just might be able to see if it was lack of talent or coaching that was the issue in STL.

But, at the end of the day, there was nothing the Giants could have done to keep Spags, save for firing TC and promoting him.We were paying him like $4m a year, iirc, and with that kind of pay you'd have to assume that you were next man up in the HC department. He wanted to prove himself as a HC, he got his chance and took it. Can't blame him or the Giants for that.

Drez
03-23-2012, 01:28 PM

I was only half serious about the Buddy Ryan thing...But I'm guessing in the section on KGs resume about special accomplishments it doesn't mention that he got his jaw jacked on television.

That's why I didn't necessarily direct it at you. However, that whole incident speaks more of how big of a degenerate Buddy Ryan is than anything about KG. Except that it took several players holding KG back from splattering Ryan into next week.

Didn't the Oilers win that game 24-0, too.

burier
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM

It's not about wanting to coach the Giants over the Rams. Of course the Giants job is more attractive. It's about seizing an opportunity when it presents itself. With as fickle as the NFL is, you have to strike while the iron is hot.

What happens if Spags defense suffers the same way that Sheridan's did? Would he still have been a hot commodity?

Maybe he did strike out on his own a little too soon, but I'm sure he's all the smarter for the experience, and he just might end up getting to the the acting HC in NO this season with the whole bounty issue. We just might be able to see if it was lack of talent or coaching that was the issue in STL.

But, at the end of the day, there was nothing the Giants could have done to keep Spags, save for firing TC and promoting him.We were paying him like $4m a year, iirc, and with that kind of pay you'd have to assume that you were next man up in the HC department. He wanted to prove himself as a HC, he got his chance and took it. Can't blame him or the Giants for that.

Like i said total speculation on my part. For all I know the Giants did whatever the could to keep him.

Still pisses me off though.

JPP
03-23-2012, 01:53 PM
KG is strictly an X's and O's guy.* You need to be a motivator as well and I don't get that vibe from him.</P>

That being said, Kevin Gilbride is VASTLY underrated as an OC.* Mostly by Giants fans.</P>

I have enjoyed having Gilbride as our OC for the last couple of seasons. I enjoy the run and shoot principles he uses in our offense.

bashful
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
HE IS AN IDIOT ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE. HE WINS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE AROUND HIM.

Harooni
03-23-2012, 05:52 PM
shotgun draw on 3rd and long.

YATittle1962
03-23-2012, 09:42 PM
some great coordinators are just not cut out to be head coaches

D. Lebeau
Ron Erhardt
Dom Capers
D. Nolan
Mike Nolan
Spagnuolo
Josh McDaniels
Tony Sporano
Mike Sherman
Todd Haley
Brad Childress
Greg Williams
Dave Wannstedt

on and on and on and on and on and on

GIANTfaninFL
03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Eh, i just dont get that vibe from him.

TC is a guy with fire that guys rally around. SS was a guy for us that people rallied around and had great Xs and Os.

KG I feel like, is a completely uninspiring guy. He may know a thing or two about the game, but it also takes intangibles to be a HC

GIANTfaninFL
03-23-2012, 09:57 PM

D. Lebeau
Ron Erhardt
Dom Capers
D. Nolan
Mike Nolan
Spagnuolo
Josh McDaniels
Tony Sporano
Mike Sherman
Todd Haley
Brad Childress
Greg Williams
Dave Wannstedt

WAY too early to tell on some of those guys.

I still think Spags will make a great head coach one day

YATittle1962
03-23-2012, 11:14 PM

D. Lebeau
Ron Erhardt
Dom Capers
D. Nolan
Mike Nolan
Spagnuolo
Josh McDaniels
Tony Sporano
Mike Sherman
Todd Haley
Brad Childress
Greg Williams
Dave Wannstedt

WAY too early to tell on some of those guys.

I still think Spags will make a great head coach one day

I dont

he has life long coordinator written all over him

which there is nothing wrong with

GMENAGAIN
03-23-2012, 11:21 PM
some great coordinators are just not cut out to be head coaches D. Lebeau Ron Erhardt Dom Capers D. Nolan Mike Nolan Spagnuolo Josh McDaniels Tony Sporano Mike Sherman Todd Haley Brad Childress Greg Williams Dave Wannstedt on and on and on and on and on and on WAY too early to tell on some of those guys. I still think Spags will make a great head coach one day</P>

Which guys is it WAY to early to tell???????</P>

YATittle1962
03-23-2012, 11:21 PM
HE IS AN IDIOT ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE. HE WINS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE AROUND HIM.

Superbowl Champions with the lowest rush % per game, and per carry in the league

nothing to do with Gilbride huh?

you always have been one of the best comedians around here

GIANTfaninFL
03-24-2012, 12:08 AM
some great coordinators are just not cut out to be head coaches D. Lebeau Ron Erhardt Dom Capers D. Nolan Mike Nolan Spagnuolo Josh McDaniels Tony Sporano Mike Sherman Todd Haley Brad Childress Greg Williams Dave Wannstedt on and on and on and on and on and on WAY too early to tell on some of those guys. I still think Spags will make a great head coach one day</P>

Which guys is it WAY to early to tell???????</P>
Mike Nolan
Spagnuolo
Josh McDaniels
Tony Sporano
Mike Sherman (.600 winning pct)
Todd Haley
Brad Childress

Just my 2c.

Bill Belichick was under .500 before he got to NE. There his w/l is .725

What I'm saying is that a lot of those guys got put into really ****ty situations. I think they are all good coaches. Stellar HC candidates? Maybe not. But I think they deserve 2nd shots

Diamondring
03-24-2012, 10:01 AM
This is to the posters who said that some OCs and DCs are good coordinators but don't have what it takes to be a HC. Have you guys looked at KG's past? He has been the HC of the Chargers and at that time, they suck real hard and a lot of coaches failed there. This is why Eli didn't want to go there so if you made that as an excuse of why KG won't be a good HC, because he failed to do special things at San Diego as their HC, then get rid of it.

We also have to look at his past coaching gigs and what he has done for Eli Manning. Coaches do have to work together and the HC is only one man. He can't do it all by himself. Some HC's have to give some of their duties to other coaches and it does take the talent of other coaches and players for the HC to succeed majority of the time depending on the talent of the HC. Who was the GM in San Diego at the time when KG was HC there? I bet the GM he had wasn't a good one.

I think that since all owners and GMs etc aren't good, they maybe looked past the the other things that help coaches get by so they didn't pick KG as their HC. We tend to forget that there are 32 teams and all of them have talent. It can be hard for coaches to do well especialy when they don't have the pieces of the puzzle to beat the other teams out there. I think he will make a decent HC and with the right staff, be a good one.

Diamondring
03-24-2012, 10:46 AM

Superbowl Champions with the lowest rush % per game, and per carry in the league

you always have been one of the best comedians around hereYou should have told him that all coaches succeed with the talent around him or her.

FBomb
03-24-2012, 11:33 AM
HE IS AN IDIOT ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE. HE WINS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE AROUND HIM.</P>

Ya know, for a guy (assuming here) with a name like bashful, you sure aren't afraid to post things that are sure to be ridiculed!!</P>

gian_18778
03-24-2012, 12:08 PM

you always have been one of the best comedians around here

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the same can be said about the Green Bay Packers when they won the Superbowl against the Steelers. I believe they were dead last or close to dead last in both rush% and carries per game.

If you can remember some of the tenants of the run-and-shoot, it primarily is an all passing offensive scheme. To be honest, I was surprised we were able to get the rushing yardage out of this offensive system, and I know we were only able to do that because Tom Coughlin wants to run the ball.

Tommy3rd
03-24-2012, 12:12 PM

D. Lebeau
Ron Erhardt
Dom Capers
D. Nolan
Mike Nolan
Spagnuolo
Josh McDaniels
Tony Sporano
Mike Sherman
Todd Haley
Brad Childress
Greg Williams
Dave Wannstedt

how can you forget the big mouth in green? lol
like it or not, his defense has always been top notch.

GMAN8625
03-24-2012, 12:23 PM
It's funny how the O-coordinator is the most unpopular guy in town when things aren't going well. I am a Giants fan in Baltimore, and Ravens fans have been calling for Cameron's head for a while. When I was at Penn State, Pittsburgh's struggles were all due to Arians. Being an OC is a tough job, and I think Gilbride has done great. You have to give him some credit for the development we've seen in Eli.

Harooni
03-24-2012, 08:08 PM
he will call pass ,pass,pass when up 2 scores with 5min left.

Tommy3rd
03-24-2012, 10:06 PM
It's funny how the O-coordinator is the most unpopular guy in town when things aren't going well.* I am a Giants fan in Baltimore, and Ravens fans have been calling for Cameron's head for a while.

yeah, because he's the same offensive coordinator for the dolphins the year they went 1-15. I'd be calling for his head too.

bashful
03-25-2012, 05:47 PM
HE IS AN IDIOT ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE. HE WINS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE AROUND HIM.</P>

Ya know, for a guy (assuming here) with a name like bashful, you sure aren't afraid to post things that are sure to be ridiculed!!</P>

Known Kevin since his days at SC when he was recruiting in the capital district and on to cuse. HE IS A FREAKING IDIOT. THE LEOPARD SELDOM IF EVER CHANGES HIS SPOTS. Ridiculous I don't think so. Use your brains and eyes instead of your butt.

FBomb
03-25-2012, 07:20 PM

Known Kevin since his days at SC when he was recruiting in the capital district and on to cuse. HE IS A FREAKING IDIOT. THE LEOPARD SELDOM IF EVER CHANGES HIS SPOTS. Ridiculous I don't think so. Use your brains and eyes instead of your butt.</P>

EVERY NFL fanbase has people like you who speak with a lot of emotion and conviction about something they know nothing about. The Giants offense is one of the best in the league....that doesn't happen if the OC is an idiot. </P>

If you are right then that means people who arepaid to make those decisions are wrong.......and THEY have 2 Superbowl rings. How many you got?</P>

I know it's difficult to admit you were wrong, but looking like an idiot once is a lot better than proving it over and over again. You're wrong....simple as that.</P>

gian_18778
03-25-2012, 08:24 PM
He can't be too shabby if he has broken franchise and NFL records, with 2 world championships to boot.

Drez
03-25-2012, 11:24 PM
HE IS AN IDIOT ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE. HE WINS BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE AROUND HIM.</p>

Ya know, for a guy (assuming here) with a name like bashful, you sure aren't afraid to post things that are sure to be ridiculed!!</p>

Known Kevin since his days at SC when he was recruiting in the capital district and on to cuse. HE IS A FREAKING IDIOT. THE LEOPARD SELDOM IF EVER CHANGES HIS SPOTS. Ridiculous I don't think so. Use your brains and eyes instead of your butt.</p>

EVERY NFL fanbase has people like you who speak with a lot of emotion and conviction about something they know nothing about. The Giants offense is one of the best in the league....that doesn't happen if the OC is an idiot. </p>

If you are right then that means people who arepaid to make those decisions are wrong.......and THEY have 2 Superbowl rings. How many you got?</p>

I know it's difficult to admit you were wrong, but looking like an idiot once is a lot better than proving it over and over again. You're wrong....simple as that.</p>
And if he's right, that means that the teams that for the past 30 years teams have had successful offenses in spite of him, lol. I can kind of see if it was a 2-3 year span where KG just had awesome talent that succeeded in spite of him, but it doesn't happen for as long as he's had success if he didn't have a hand in it.

And Bashful, to save you the trouble, 99% of OC's get fired at some point in time in their careers. Most more than once. It's meaningless to bring that up as a counter to KG being a very good to excellent OC.