PDA

View Full Version : CHASING CHASE

jints1964
03-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm not real impressed with Goff his stats for 09 and 10 are 69 solos in 32 games, had only 2 pass/defended, then, unfortunately, is out with a season ending knee injury and he now starts looking for a possible other home.
Chase comes off his couch after WE CUT HIM, and says he always wanted to stay a Giant. He comes in cold and in 5 games has 20 solos and 2 pass/defended. HE

MattMeyerBud
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm not real impressed with Goff his stats for 09 and 10 are 69 solos in 32 games, had only 2 pass/defended, then, unfortunately, is out with a season ending knee injury and he now starts looking for a possible other home.
Chase comes off his couch after WE CUT HIM, and says he always wanted to stay a Giant. He comes in cold and in 5 games has 20 solos and 2 pass/defended. HE

Goff got thrown to the wolves in 09 when Pierce went down mid season

2010 he dramatically improved and thats all you can ask for

I was never a big Goff guy (i was on the Kehl train, choo-choo) and I think he was on his way to a breakout year last year....

He def has more upside

burier
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
*I'm not real impressed with Goff his stats for 09 and 10 are 69 solos in 32 games, had only 2 pass/defended, then, unfortunately, is out with a season ending knee injury and he now starts looking for a possible other home.

I was never a big Goff guy (i was on the Kehl train, choo-choo) and I think he was on his way to a breakout year last year....

He def has more upside

I agree. I think Goff WAS on his way to a breakout year.

But the injury can't be taken lightly and there should be no assumption that he will pick up right where he left off.

MattMeyerBud
03-23-2012, 11:32 AM

He def has more upside

But the injury can't be taken lightly and there should be no assumption that he will pick up right where he left off.

which is exactly why hes in Cleveland I think.. Giants weren't paying him on that and hes seeing if he can get money

burier
03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
*I'm not real impressed with Goff his stats for 09 and 10 are 69 solos in 32 games, had only 2 pass/defended, then, unfortunately, is out with a season ending knee injury and he now starts looking for a possible other home.

He def has more upside

which is exactly why hes in Cleveland I think.. Giants weren't paying him on that and hes seeing if he can get money

Im actually happy. I think we shouold have even been more concerned with T2.

A friend of mine who used to coach the DBs at Umass told me that the main thing he looks for in DBs is foot speed.

So...I don't know where T2 is in that regard but he didn't have the greatest footwork to begin with.

bigblue58
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just plain dumb!
I don't trust any of the young bucks to give us what Blackburn did.
They gave new deals to a punter, a back -up QB and Hixon who has played all of 2 games in the last 2 seasons, while letting quality reciever's, DE's, DB's walk...and not re-signing a much needed veteran LB???
With all due respect to Reese's genius....that doesn't make a whole helluva lot of sense to me when we're trying to defend as SB champs!