PDA

View Full Version : NY Knicks 2011-12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

THE_New_York_Giants
04-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Looks like anyone wanting to beat the Cheat are going to have to go through the refs and David Stern as well.

giantyankee1976
04-29-2012, 09:57 AM
LBJ is such a fake *** *****.

"...I'm fine, it's the playoffs..."

ronmexico
04-29-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm a Nets fan, so you guys probably don't care about my opinion, but after watching game 1 with the Heat it became very apparent to me that the Knicks need more depth down low and they'll have a chance at a title.. Jeffries is awful and it was very obvious with Tyson playing sick last night

GmenFan1980
04-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Matt Leinart ? @MattLeinartQB Close
Watching Knicks Heat. Refs are favoring Heat, obvious. Let them play man!

Rudyy
04-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Matt Leinart ? @MattLeinartQB Close
Watching Knicks Heat. Refs are favoring Heat, obvious. Let them play man! I thought I was the only one.
There was like 10 offensive fouls, wtf?
Also, Lebron should win an Oscar for his flops.

TrueBlue@NYC
04-30-2012, 02:46 PM
The knicks simply played like crap Saturday, refs or no refs they didn't play well enough to even compete in the game.

Doesn't mean that all hope is lost, but they really need to figure something out and start using the heats' aggressiveness against them.

And don't quite go clamouring for the Bulls just yet. Even without Rose I think they beat us twice this year.

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Freaking Tyson Chandler, making zero impact again! Dude freaking has what should be easy dunk, and he shuffels his feet for a travel! WTF! Get it together! </P>

Melo looking exactly like he did before his month long run of super play.. It just seems as if he tries to hard to beat out Lebron or something, and his jump shot is always poorus against these guys.. </P>

6points half way through the 1st qter yet again..LMAO!</P>

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
And Melo gets the ball stripped from him by Lebron..LOL

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Drive every freaking time knicks! Every single time! Make them get in foul trouble!

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:26 PM
And Melo misses 2more shots..LOL Dude goes to the hoop for a layup and tries like doing a 360, roundhouse, kart wheel, super kick instead of just going up strong.. Its crazy how hard he makes layups sometimes.. Whats he 2-10 or something in qter 1?

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Finally, it looks like Melo herad me, and has made back to back jumpers.. Lets pray he keeps it up.. I can't take another 60pt game in the playoffs.. We only got 14, with about 3minutes to go.. Gonna take a RUn to get to 20 first qter pts.. I think the only way to score agianst this team is to flat out Attack early in the shot clock, and put pressure on them to set up quickly...</P>

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:33 PM
now melo's attacking! he went right up on that layup attempt adn got to the FT line! I love it! There attacking early in the shot clock, and its working...

GmenFan1980
04-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Even though he can make a lot of mistakes, much love to jeffries for keeping that play alive and setting up chandler...If only chandler had not given them a free point back :S

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:51 PM
jared jeffries is freaking frustrating!Make a layup! Chandler is playing outta his mind finally!

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Quick attacks knicks! Quick attacks!

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Jr attacking the rim! I love it when the knicks attack the rim! Against this team, who has no real size, is the way to go..

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Whenever Melo has Lebron on him, its pretty much melo's gonna do some crazy unmakable acrobats at the rim on a layup attempt, or miss the jumper.. When he dosen't have em on him, he obviously feels much more confident...

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 08:13 PM
And Melo air balls a 3 with Lebron on em..lol Then Lebron goes right to hoop for And 1... I just don't get why Melo feels it impossible to beat lebron.. he didn't even get up on Melo and he air balled the 3 pointer.. Crazy...

GmenFan1980
04-30-2012, 08:17 PM
you have no idea how scared I was watching J.R. smith on d-wade when he was obviously going for a 3 at he end.

Melo is either scared of Lebron or just knows he won't get fouls called against Lebron. Either way dude needs to play better against him

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 08:46 PM
you have no idea how scared I was watching J.R. smith on d-wade when he was obviously going for a 3 at he end. Melo is either scared of Lebron or just knows he won't get fouls called against Lebron. Either way dude needs to play better against him I think hes scared of em.. Its crazy! Lebron dosen't even have to get up on em, and his shot looks horrendus.. Needless to say, i'm just happy that i actually get to watch this game into the 2nd half(last game, wasen't even watchable by halftime).. All though, its pretty much all most to that point, if Heat score anotehr couple baskets, and Baron Davis decides to throw the ball directly into Lebron's lap a couple more times..lol</P>

</P>

Ya, and by the way, the Magic are playing the Pacers tough yet again.. I guess maybe it wasen't to much of a over reaction, talking about that Clevland loss, ey?? Eh, it dosen't matter, at least were in the playoffs(sarcasm)...</P>

GmenFan1980
04-30-2012, 08:51 PM
you have no idea how scared I was watching J.R. smith on d-wade when he was obviously going for a 3 at he end. Melo is either scared of Lebron or just knows he won't get fouls called against Lebron. Either way dude needs to play better against him* I think hes scared of em.. Its crazy! Lebron dosen't even have to get up on em, and his shot looks horrendus..* Needless to say, i'm just happy that i actually get to watch this game into the 2nd half(last game, wasen't even watchable by halftime).. All though, its pretty much all most to that point, if Heat score anotehr couple baskets, and Baron Davis decides to throw the ball directly into Lebron's lap a couple more times..lol</P>

*</P>

Ya, and by the way, the Magic are playing the Pacers tough yet again..* I guess maybe it wasen't to much of a over reaction, talking about that Clevland loss, ey??** Eh, it dosen't matter, at least were in the playoffs(sarcasm)...</P>

The only reason I'm not upset about not getting the Pacers is because I didn't feel the knicks were going to make it to far anyway

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
you have no idea how scared I was watching J.R. smith on d-wade when he was obviously going for a 3 at he end. Melo is either scared of Lebron or just knows he won't get fouls called against Lebron. Either way dude needs to play better against him I think hes scared of em.. Its crazy! Lebron dosen't even have to get up on em, and his shot looks horrendus.. Needless to say, i'm just happy that i actually get to watch this game into the 2nd half(last game, wasen't even watchable by halftime).. All though, its pretty much all most to that point, if Heat score anotehr couple baskets, and Baron Davis decides to throw the ball directly into Lebron's lap a couple more times..lol</P>

</P>

Ya, and by the way, the Magic are playing the Pacers tough yet again.. I guess maybe it wasen't to much of a over reaction, talking about that Clevland loss, ey?? Eh, it dosen't matter, at least were in the playoffs(sarcasm)...</P>

The only reason I'm not upset about not getting the Pacers is because I didn't feel the knicks were going to make it to far anyway What do u mean? If we would of beat clevland, we'd of ended up playing Indiana, the way it played out.. </P>

By the way, Amare and Melo are freaking fixing this game or something.. Amare misses 3straight FT's, and then Melo misses 2 in the same qter? Melo's got 24points right now, guess what his Over was for Points(betting wise)? U got it, 24 1/2..lol if he makes one of those 2 missed FT's, and hes got his OVER for POints... </P>

Nah, i don't know if its fixed, but sometimes, it sure does seem that way.. By the way, how in the world does Amare miss 3 straight FT's, anyways? Thats pathetic.. I just keep thinking back to Amare's comments after the Clevland loss, and my blood continues to boil! how the hellll did u think u accomplished something this yr, and that made it OK to come out like that against a pathetic clevland team that coulden't even keep Washington at home within 20pts?</P>

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Does everyone see why Novak isn't on the court as a starter, yet? The guy is the worst if hes doing anyhting other then shooting the 3 from a spot up positon. He can't dribble, can't defend, and pretty much can't do anything other then shoot from the spot up positon.. I love em, but i certainly don't question why hes not starting..

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:12 PM
wow, how do u foul a guy u know just got up a super tough shot? Do u just like giving up easy scores? This teams got zero chance against miami.. I don't get why they can't score? U got so many scorers, and u can't score? Its crazy...

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Man, this series is killing me!</P>

GmenFan1980
04-30-2012, 09:14 PM
you have no idea how scared I was watching J.R. smith on d-wade when he was obviously going for a 3 at he end. Melo is either scared of Lebron or just knows he won't get fouls called against Lebron. Either way dude needs to play better against him* I think hes scared of em.. Its crazy! Lebron dosen't even have to get up on em, and his shot looks horrendus..* Needless to say, i'm just happy that i actually get to watch this game into the 2nd half(last game, wasen't even watchable by halftime).. All though, its pretty much all most to that point, if Heat score anotehr couple baskets, and Baron Davis decides to throw the ball directly into Lebron's lap a couple more times..lol</P>

*</P>

Ya, and by the way, the Magic are playing the Pacers tough yet again..* I guess maybe it wasen't to much of a over reaction, talking about that Clevland loss, ey??** Eh, it dosen't matter, at least were in the playoffs(sarcasm)...</P>

The only reason I'm not upset about not getting the Pacers is because I didn't feel the knicks were going to make it to far anyway* What do u mean? If we would of beat clevland, we'd of ended up playing Indiana, the way it played out.. </P>

By the way, Amare and Melo are freaking fixing this game or something.. Amare misses 3straight FT's, and then Melo misses 2 in the same qter?* Melo's got 24points right now, guess what his* Over was for Points(betting wise)?* U got it, 24 1/2..lol** if he makes one of those 2 missed FT's, and hes got his OVER for POints... </P>

Nah, i don't know if its fixed, but sometimes, it sure does seem that way..** By the way, how in the world does Amare miss 3 straight FT's, anyways?* Thats pathetic..** I just keep thinking back to Amare's comments after the Clevland loss, and my blood continues to boil! how the hellll did u think u accomplished something this yr, and that made it OK to come out like that against a pathetic clevland team that coulden't even keep Washington at home within 20pts?</P>

I meant in the post-season, I didn't feel the knicks would win it all, so I wasn't upset.

Yeah I just stopped when I saw Amare brick 3 straight Ft's and just had to change the channel for awhile.

It wouldn't surprise me if games are fixed by players or refs. Also I agree Stat should not feel they did anything special by just making the playoffs and blowing a chance at the 6th seed

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
F U amare!

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:18 PM

</P>

The only reason I'm not upset about not getting the Pacers is because I didn't feel the knicks were going to make it to far anyway What do u mean? If we would of beat clevland, we'd of ended up playing Indiana, the way it played out.. </P>

By the way, Amare and Melo are freaking fixing this game or something.. Amare misses 3straight FT's, and then Melo misses 2 in the same qter? Melo's got 24points right now, guess what his Over was for Points(betting wise)? U got it, 24 1/2..lol if he makes one of those 2 missed FT's, and hes got his OVER for POints... </P>

Nah, i don't know if its fixed, but sometimes, it sure does seem that way.. By the way, how in the world does Amare miss 3 straight FT's, anyways? Thats pathetic.. I just keep thinking back to Amare's comments after the Clevland loss, and my blood continues to boil! how the hellll did u think u accomplished something this yr, and that made it OK to come out like that against a pathetic clevland team that coulden't even keep Washington at home within 20pts?</P>

I meant in the post-season, I didn't feel the knicks would win it all, so I wasn't upset. Yeah I just stopped when I saw Amare brick 3 straight Ft's and just had to change the channel for awhile. It wouldn't surprise me if games are fixed by players or refs. Also I agree Stat should not feel they did anything special by just making the playoffs and blowing a chance at the 6th seed To me, this is the most dissapointing season i've ever been alive to see the knicks play.. I've been diehard fan since 1990, by the way.. At worst, without even thinking about expectations, i would of thought this team to be a 5seed in the east.. At best, with expectations, a 3seed, with maybe miracle 2seed.. But at least a 5seed.. </P>

Now what do we do after this yr? Were cap strapped and obviously Melo and Stat aren't nearly enough.. Do we use the exception on Lin? I have no expectations after this season.. I'm just gonna go into next yr not thinking anything, but watching them, and hoping for the best...</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 09:20 PM
The NBA isn't really a sport anyway. I lost interest in the 80's when it was always "Magic and Kareem vs Bird and the superstar Celtics cast." Every since then it has been a boring and predictable sport at the pro level. NCAA basketball is real basketball. Euroleague basketball is real basketball. NBA is thug ball. Make the NBA interesting and institute a 20 million dollar salary cap. That would change the playing field big time.

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:23 PM
As mad as i am, i will say, at least this one turned out watchable for most of the game, if not all.. Wow, Amare a 6ft 10in C/PF goes in for a layup, and instaed of going strong and getting fouled, does some sort of acrobatic wierd layup attempt and gets squat... THen melo gets ball taken from him.. Huge possessions, and were not even getting shots.. Now Idiot Melo steps on baseline...LMAO!!!!!!!!! 3possessions in a row, and Amare and Melo turn it over 3 straight times, and don't even get a shot.. Do u think that will happen one time to Wade and Lebron this postseason? I doubt it..

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
The NBA isn't really a sport anyway. I lost interest in the 80's when it was always "Magic and Kareem vs Bird and the superstar Celtics cast." Every since then it has been a boring and predictable sport at the pro level. NCAA basketball is real basketball. Euroleague basketball is real basketball. NBA is thug ball. Make the NBA interesting and institute a 20 million dollar salary cap. That would change the playing field big time. Definetly the most perdicatable sport.. I mean, u can pretty much gurantee what teams will stink and be decent or good at the beggining of the season, every single dingle season...

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 09:27 PM
*As mad as i am, i will say, at least this one turned out watchable for most of the game, if not all..* Wow, Amare a 6ft 10in C/PF goes in for a layup, and instaed of going strong and getting fouled, does some sort of acrobatic wierd* layup attempt and gets squat... THen melo gets ball taken from him.. Huge possessions, and were not even getting shots..* Now Idiot Melo steps on baseline...LMAO!!!!!!!!!* 3possessions in a row, and Amare and Melo turn it over 3 straight times, and don't even get a shot.. Do u think that will happen one time to Wade and Lebron this postseason? I doubt it..
Why are you mad about this? Melo and STAT have always played half *** sloppy basketball even before the Knicks. Melo is the laziest professional athlete I've ever seen and he gets so much hype. The knicks trade everything for him and you expect to win? This team would be exponentially better without that trade. That Knicks team was fun to watch and was 2 years away from being what the Bulls are now. If they had had Woodson as their coach with those guys, they would probably have run away with the division.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 09:27 PM
The NBA isn't really a sport anyway. I lost interest in the 80's when it was always "Magic and Kareem vs Bird and the superstar Celtics cast." Every since then it has been a boring and predictable sport at the pro level. NCAA basketball is real basketball. Euroleague basketball is real basketball. NBA is thug ball. Make the NBA interesting and institute a 20 million dollar salary cap. That would change the playing field big time. Definetly the most perdicatable sport.. I mean, u can pretty much gurantee what teams will stink and be decent or good at the beggining of the season, every single dingle season...

I have predicted the past 8 NBA champions in the preseason btw. I'm hoping this year's prediction is wrong because I predicted the Cheat.

giantyankee1976
04-30-2012, 10:01 PM
flapping disaster right now

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:08 PM
*As mad as i am, i will say, at least this one turned out watchable for most of the game, if not all..* Wow, Amare a 6ft 10in C/PF goes in for a layup, and instaed of going strong and getting fouled, does some sort of acrobatic wierd* layup attempt and gets squat... THen melo gets ball taken from him.. Huge possessions, and were not even getting shots..* Now Idiot Melo steps on baseline...LMAO!!!!!!!!!* 3possessions in a row, and Amare and Melo turn it over 3 straight times, and don't even get a shot.. Do u think that will happen one time to Wade and Lebron this postseason? I doubt it..lol @ melo stepping out of bounds. open your eyes, lebron blocked him out.

you sound like mike breen "lebron and wade are so much better than stat and melo" yea thanks for the info.

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:12 PM
*As mad as i am, i will say, at least this one turned out watchable for most of the game, if not all..* Wow, Amare a 6ft 10in C/PF goes in for a layup, and instaed of going strong and getting fouled, does some sort of acrobatic wierd* layup attempt and gets squat... THen melo gets ball taken from him.. Huge possessions, and were not even getting shots..* Now Idiot Melo steps on baseline...LMAO!!!!!!!!!* 3possessions in a row, and Amare and Melo turn it over 3 straight times, and don't even get a shot.. Do u think that will happen one time to Wade and Lebron this postseason? I doubt it..
Why are you mad about this? Melo and STAT have always played half *** sloppy basketball even before the Knicks. Melo is the laziest professional athlete I've ever seen and he gets so much hype. The knicks trade everything for him and you expect to win? This team would be exponentially better without that trade. That Knicks team was fun to watch and was 2 years away from being what the Bulls are now. If they had had Woodson as their coach with those guys, they would probably have run away with the division.hahahahaha you are out of your flippin mind. gallo, felton, chandler, mozgoz, etc these guys would have never amounted to anything with zombie stat as the centerpiece. lol @ blaming the trade. while you're at it let's trade billips and turiaf back for tyson then at least we could amnesty amare. hindsight is 20/20

the main reason the expectations were too high is the talent level was overrated. how many other teams went into the season without a single competent point guard? we had stat, melo and shump, thats about it. bibby? fields? jeffries? this team lacks talent outside of the big 2 and they don't fit well together with both being scoring forwards.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Why are you mad about this? Melo and STAT have always played half *** sloppy basketball even before the Knicks. Melo is the laziest professional athlete I've ever seen and he gets so much hype. The knicks trade everything for him and you expect to win? This team would be exponentially better without that trade. That Knicks team was fun to watch and was 2 years away from being what the Bulls are now. If they had had Woodson as their coach with those guys, they would probably have run away with the division.hahahahaha you are out of your flippin mind. gallo, felton, chandler, mozgoz, etc these guys would have never amounted to anything with zombie stat ad the centerpiece. lol @ blaming the trade. while you're at it let's trade billips and turiaf back for tyson then at least we could amnesty amare.
I guess that's why the Knicks record was worse after Melo got here last year. Because the team was better with him...

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
are you talking mvp candidate stat knicks or zombie stat n melo knicks? its funny how melo shoulders the blame for being on a team with an incompetent coach and no pg.

if you would honestly undo that trade i dont know what to say. we would have had to pay chandler (wilson) and gallo anyways and would still be stuck with zombie stat's uninsured contract. we still would have lost in the first round.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 10:24 PM
are you talking mvp candidate stat knicks or zombie stat n melo knicks? its funny how melo shoulders the blame for being on a team with an incompetent coach and no pg.
a pg they had with felton

Felton, Galo, Mozgov, Chandler > Melo.

They were a team and didn't have a me first attitude. They probably could have added Tyson Chandler to that team as well.

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:28 PM
did you see what felton did this year? i agree he was playing well with us but he was horrible this year. he was not a long term solution. the only way the knicks had any chance of doing something with or without the melo trade, would have been if stat kept playing as well as he did early last year. but somehow he escapes criticism from most of the media and fans who all love to bash melo.

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:35 PM

They were a team and didn't have a me first attitude. They probably could have added Tyson Chandler to that team as well.in terms of cap and trade flexibility sure. any gm in basketball would take melo 100/100 times over that bunch of mediocre players. felton did nothing this year, gallo was injured and did nothing, same with mozgoz.

the real problem here is when that group of OK players were winning games behind stat's consistent 25/8 every night, nobody had any real expectations. when melo came to NY everyone said "he's our savoir he's gonna bring us a championship" the expectations became unrealistically high. so when things don't pan out the guy we brought in gets all the blame.

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 10:36 PM
did you see what felton did this year? i agree he was playing well with us but he was horrible this year. he was not a long term solution. the only way the knicks had any chance of doing something with or without the melo trade, would have been if stat kept playing as well as he did early last year. but somehow he escapes criticism from most of the media and fans who all love to bash melo.
i dont hate Melo. The Knicks were a better team without him. Now the Knicks are just 2 superstars who don't know how to play together. In fact, if I had the choice I would get rid of STAT over Melo. I don't think this whole "multiple superstars on the same team" thing works. These guys all have huge egos and can't work together. Even Kobe and Shaq had problems when they were winning championships. The NBA is a me first league, not a team first league. You can only have one me first guy on a team.

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 10:38 PM
are you talking mvp candidate stat knicks or zombie stat n melo knicks? its funny how melo shoulders the blame for being on a team with an incompetent coach and no pg. if you would honestly undo that trade i dont know what to say. we would have had to pay chandler (wilson) and gallo anyways and would still be stuck with zombie stat's uninsured contract. we still would have lost in the first round. And whos Kobe had for a PG over the course of his career? Derek Fisher???LOL Without a HOF or even good PG, the knicks should be solid enough to be a 5th seed, at worst... They got enough talent for that, sheeesh! Dude, they coulden't even beat the cavs with the 6th seed in the balance still! How do u let em off the hook, for that? The wizards came in and dismantled them in every which way possible right after that... It has nothing to do with talent, but heart.. And unfortunetly, it takes to much to get Melo and Stats Heart really moving..

THE_New_York_Giants
04-30-2012, 10:38 PM

They were a team and didn't have a me first attitude. They probably could have added Tyson Chandler to that team as well.in terms of cap and trade flexibility sure. any gm in basketball would take melo 100/100 times over that bunch of mediocre players. felton did nothing this year, gallo was injured and did nothing, same with mozgoz.

the real problem here is when that group of OK players were winning games behind stat's consistent 25/8 every night, nobody had any real expectations. when melo came to NY everyone said "he's our savoir he's gonna bring us a championship" the expectations became unrealistically high. so when things don't pan out the guy we brought in gets all the blame.
Maybe these guys played well together last year because they had team chemistry? It wasn't a bunch of BS run and try to get the ball before your team mate and shoot a 3.

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:41 PM
as i typed my post i knew someone would mention the lakers. they run the triangle with one of he greatest players of all time in kobe. thanks again for the info, note to self kobe is better than melo and phil jackson is a better coach than mike dantoni. you learn something new every day.

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 10:44 PM
did you see what felton did this year? i agree he was playing well with us but he was horrible this year. he was not a long term solution. the only way the knicks had any chance of doing something with or without the melo trade, would have been if stat kept playing as well as he did early last year. but somehow he escapes criticism from most of the media and fans who all love to bash melo. i dont hate Melo. The Knicks were a better team without him. Now the Knicks are just 2 superstars who don't know how to play together. In fact, if I had the choice I would get rid of STAT over Melo. I don't think this whole "multiple superstars on the same team" thing works. These guys all have huge egos and can't work together. Even Kobe and Shaq had problems when they were winning championships. The NBA is a me first league, not a team first league. You can only have one me first guy on a team. I dissagree about the Stars on the team thing.. u absoulutley need 2stars in the NBA, maybe more then any other sport.. Every team has at least 2stars, or a 1star and 2borderline starts, and so on and so fourth... The bulls have Derek Rose, but also Deng and Boozer.. The Lakers have kobe, Gasol, and Bynum.. The Spurs have ginobli, duncan, and parker. The Thunder have Westbrook and Durant.. The Hawks have J.Johnson, J.Smith, and Horford, and so on and so fourth..</P>

The problem is, u gotta want it every night.. Amare is the worst big, as a defender, in the NBA.. Melo for the most part, has played like a dud during his career with the knicks outside of the past month or so, and the whole team basically tanked it under dantoni becasue they didn't like em, which is a joke in its own right... Maybe if u want to not play or show up, u should not get paid gazillions of dollars while your doing so..lol Its all how u play the game, and u have to play it that same hard way, all the time..</P>

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:45 PM

Maybe these guys played well together last year because they had team chemistry? It wasn't a bunch of BS run and try to get the ball before your team mate and shoot a 3.did you honestly watch the knicks last year? we were not that good before the melo trade. its not like we dramatically declined after the trade. that team was feeding off stat playing the best ball of his career. we still had dantoni as a coach and played no defense.

you honestly would rather still have pringles as our coach?

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:48 PM
where do you get your info from? they tanked because they didnt like dantoni? do you just feed what the media and mike breen spoon feed you? and what is this wizards game you speak of?

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 10:49 PM
as i typed my post i knew someone would mention the lakers. they run the triangle with one of he greatest players of all time in kobe. thanks again for the info, note to self kobe is better than melo and phil jackson is a better coach than mike dantoni. you learn something new every day. Dude, Melo just won Player of the Month in the NBA, with Baron Davis playing pretty much as the starting PG(limited minutes, and rarley productive, and Bibby..lol).. What are u talking about? Let me guess, theres a excuse to why he played that way this past month, as opposed to the entire time with the knicks, right?

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:52 PM
please list all the championship teams that didnt at the very least have a good pg... not an all star but solid pg. its the most important position in basketball and why so many are picked #1 overall. to expect the knicks to be some dominant force with no pg other than bibby and a banged up baron davis, is unrealistic. almost everything that could have went wrong did, let's not put all the blame in one spot.

giantyankee1976
04-30-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18911798/knicks-f-amare-stoudemire-lacerates-hand-in-locker-room-after-loss-to-heat

guess Amar'e doesn't like to lose either.

maybe we're too hard on him and Melo. Maybe our guys just aren't good enough.

EliTE
04-30-2012, 10:56 PM
as i typed my post i knew someone would mention the lakers. they run the triangle with one of he greatest players of all time in kobe. thanks again for the info, note to self kobe is better than melo and phil jackson is a better coach than mike dantoni. you learn something new every day.* Dude, Melo just won Player of the Month in the NBA, with Baron Davis playing pretty much as the starting PG(limited minutes, and rarley productive, and Bibby..lol).. What are u talking about?* Let me guess, theres a excuse to why he played that way this past month, as opposed to the entire time with the knicks, right?what are you talking about? im honestly confused... i never related melo's performance to having a pg, i was speaking about the team. melo can get his thats obviously not the problem. the problem is dantoni was trying to have him run the offense and get everyone else shots because our next best option was tony douglas lol. its funny taking shots at derek fisher but i'll take him in his younger days over any pg on our roster.

nycsportzfan
04-30-2012, 10:56 PM
where do you get your info from? they tanked because they didnt like dantoni? do you just feed what the media and mike breen spoon feed you? and what is this wizards game you speak of? The wizards game was sarcasm, they were winning by 20 or something going into the 4th qter.. I don't remember if the final score was that or not, but they beat em good... They did in fact lose by 32 to the bulls at the end of the season though, with no Derek Rose and Boozer playing very limited minutes...

EliTE
04-30-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18911798/knicks-f-amare-stoudemire-lacerates-hand-in-locker-room-after-loss-to-heat

maybe we're too hard on him and Melo.* Maybe our guys just aren't good enough.
it just wasnt their year. almost everything that could have went wrong did. at least we beat boston a couple times haha. the knicks must be cursed. their owner dolan probably worships the devil or something.

EliTE
04-30-2012, 11:03 PM
where do you get your info from? they tanked because they didnt like dantoni? do you just feed what the media and mike breen spoon feed you? and what is this wizards game you speak of?* The wizards game was sarcasm, they were winning by 20 or something* going into the 4th qter.. I don't remember if the final score was that or not, but they beat em good... They did in fact lose by 32 to the bulls at the end of the season though, with no Derek Rose and Boozer playing very limited minutes...*bulls are a solid team with or without rose. mainly because they have a great coach, several capable pgs other than rose and a ton of bigs that can rebound, defend, pass, etc. they abused us on the boards each time we played them.

EliTE
04-30-2012, 11:36 PM
on a somewhat related note, wade muffing that showboating dunk attempt was the highlight of the game.

NJGIANTinNC
04-30-2012, 11:40 PM
I just want a win in the series.

I bet with STAT out of his way melo drops 45 on Thursday.

I think this maybe the end of STAT on the knicks.... I think am happy with that....... maybe

nycsportzfan
05-01-2012, 01:07 AM
as i typed my post i knew someone would mention the lakers. they run the triangle with one of he greatest players of all time in kobe. thanks again for the info, note to self kobe is better than melo and phil jackson is a better coach than mike dantoni. you learn something new every day. Dude, Melo just won Player of the Month in the NBA, with Baron Davis playing pretty much as the starting PG(limited minutes, and rarley productive, and Bibby..lol).. What are u talking about? Let me guess, theres a excuse to why he played that way this past month, as opposed to the entire time with the knicks, right?what are you talking about? im honestly confused... i never related melo's performance to having a pg, i was speaking about the team. melo can get his thats obviously not the problem. the problem is dantoni was trying to have him run the offense and get everyone else shots because our next best option was tony douglas lol. its funny taking shots at derek fisher but i'll take him in his younger days over any pg on our roster. I bet you are confused.. Your a confusing dude.. This is your quote, is it not?</P>
<DIV>"are you talking mvp candidate stat knicks or zombie stat n melo knicks? its funny how melo shoulders the blame for being on a team with an incompetent coach and no pg." </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thats the Same MELO that just WON Player of the Month in the NBA , right? What about the Heat by the way? Is Mario Chalmers some Elite PG or something? Sure, Lebron plays some Point/forward, but so does melo from time to time.. The bottom line, is the Stars need to play well throughout the season, not just for a month.. Melo proved this past month, that he can ball regardless of who's the PG on the team.. Its a matter of doing it, and keeping the same passion game in and game out.. They played fine when Melo was injured, thats for sure... </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>And as far as dantoni, does it take a rocket scientist to see something was going on there, and the players weren't playing for him??lol If u watched the knicks at all this season, the energy level was consistently there since his firing more so then before, and a blind man can see that... It dosen't take Mike Breen or whatever the hellll u said, to see that.. Shoot, we probably said that on here, before mike breen or the media..LOl REDEYE was saying that for god knows how long... </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>There is no excuse for finishing as the 7th seed this past season, and there is no excuse, to not beat the Cavs in such a important game, and there is no excuse for Amare to punch something and cause himself to miss a postseason game.. This team just dudded out, bigtime!</DIV>

</P>

nycsportzfan
05-01-2012, 01:12 AM
where do you get your info from? they tanked because they didnt like dantoni? do you just feed what the media and mike breen spoon feed you? and what is this wizards game you speak of? The wizards game was sarcasm, they were winning by 20 or something going into the 4th qter.. I don't remember if the final score was that or not, but they beat em good... They did in fact lose by 32 to the bulls at the end of the season though, with no Derek Rose and Boozer playing very limited minutes...bulls are a solid team with or without rose. mainly because they have a great coach, several capable pgs other than rose and a ton of bigs that can rebound, defend, pass, etc. they abused us on the boards each time we played them. There a solid team because they hustle at all times and don't take games for granted.. They beat the Cavs by 32with or without there star PG.. They win games with Cj Brewer playing PG, or D.Rose.. My friend, whos been a diehard bulls fan for as long as i can remember said this bulls team reminds him alot of our Knicks teams of the mid-late 90's.. He said there as gritty and gutsy as those teams, and go all out game in and game out.. If the knicks played that way all season long, we'd certainly be within the first 4seeds...</P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
05-01-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm not taking shots at Derek fisher, but hes simply not that good..If he wasen't on the Lakers, the guy would of flip flopped around the league more times then you can count.. Hes lucky he can just blend in and his a occasional shot, or make a occasional pass, on a Laker team that was very talented, adn now a Thunder team that is very talented, because it clearly hides all his flaws, of being a Avg shooter, and to be honest, a avg passer.. Hes one of the only PG's who can play 30plus minutes and very seldomly impact that game at any point.. I don't think he would of been a upgrade over any one we had here, becasue we've never been good enough to hide how little he impacts a game, and how avg a shooter he was.. sure, he can hit the big shot on occasion, but on teams that aren't super good, he'd have to do a bit more to even get on the court, and he certainly isn't a big assist guy, that can find the open guy consistently.. Hes just a guy, who was in the right place at the right time...

Redeyejedi
05-01-2012, 08:47 AM

maybe we're too hard on him and Melo.* Maybe our guys just aren't good enough.
They arent good enough. Lebron and Wade are on a completely different stratosphere then Melo and Amare. Ive come to the realization that no matter what the Knicks do with this core roster it wont be good enough to beat Miami in a 7 game series. The only way the Knicks have a chance is getting a Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard. They need someone that can attack the Heat inside. its the only weakness they have.The Knicks cant beat the heat athletically. its a battle they cant win. Only OKC can go toe to toe with them. So Unless the knicks become a physical basketball team like chicago they arent winning anything. Its never going to happen with Amare here. They have some pieces to do it. Shump "If his movement isnt trashed which it could be", Chandler , Jeffries

EliTE
05-01-2012, 09:56 AM
once again, fisher, chalmers, cj watson, etc > any pg on our roster.

you keep coming back to melo when i was talking about the team as a whole needing a PG. melo can get his points with or without one, but the rest of the team will suffer. how can you not see that? look around the league and pay attention to teams with a decent PG. they get their guys easy shots. knicks have to work hard to every shot because they HAVE NO PG. is it that hard to understand?

you keep pointing to that same cavs loss as if that was the only bad loss of the year, or as if we would have won the games we did after that game had we won. you cant predict the future so stop trying. what if we blew out the cavs? then got smashed by the hawks... stop harping on one bad loss when the season was full of them. how about losing to the frickin bobcats? lol

a realistic expectation for this team considering all the crazyiness of this season was a 4-6 seed. we came up a handful of games short of that. there's plenty of blame to go around, let's not put it all on one person that's all i'm trying to say.

ShakeNBake
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Anyone know what happened to STAT? I just heard he smashed his hand through a glass case after last nights game and he was all bandaged up.....

EliTE
05-01-2012, 01:02 PM
this was too funny to not post....

http://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-1l7y7l.gif

titwio
05-01-2012, 01:42 PM

Office Space :)

giantyankee1976
05-01-2012, 06:21 PM

no, that's both funny and sad. Mainly sad though. [:(]

nycsportzfan
05-01-2012, 06:42 PM
once again, fisher, chalmers, cj watson, etc &gt; any pg on our roster. you keep coming back to melo when i was talking about the team as a whole needing a PG. melo can get his points with or without one, but the rest of the team will suffer. how can you not see that? look around the league and pay attention to teams with a decent PG. they get their guys easy shots. knicks have to work hard to every shot because they HAVE NO PG. is it that hard to understand? you keep pointing to that same cavs loss as if that was the only bad loss of the year, or as if we would have won the games we did after that game had we won. you cant predict the future so stop trying. what if we blew out the cavs? then got smashed by the hawks... stop harping on one bad loss when the season was full of them. how about losing to the frickin bobcats? lol a realistic expectation for this team considering all the crazyiness of this season was a 4-6 seed. we came up a handful of games short of that. there's plenty of blame to go around, let's not put it all on one person that's all i'm trying to say. Helllz no it wasen't the only bad loss of the yr, it pretty much was the loss that opimiomized the season in a nutshell though.. We had losses like that spread throughout the season.. We had losses like that under dantoni, and under Woodson... I'm certainly notputting blame on one person, nor have i ever, thats what i just don't get where your coming from? Have u not seen me blame the coach, STAT, Melo, and the PG situation at some point? If u havent, just go back and look through the thread again... This team should of been a 3-4 seed with Hubie Brooks playing PG, they have that much talent on the team... THey have more talent spread throughout this team then most teams have with 2rosters.. Jr Smith, Carmello, Amare, Chandler, Shumpert, Novak, B.Davis, Bibby, Jeffries..etc Thats a ridiculously talented roster.. They simply underachieved, is all i've ever said, and for that matter, its ridiuclously frustrating, becasue this was the yr we were finally not supposed to underachieve.. Thats pretty much all anyone has ever said... This season has been a huge dissapointment... Now, were possibly gonna get swept outta RD 1 yet again..

EliTE
05-01-2012, 08:38 PM
like i said earlier, you seriously over rate the talent on the knicks. knicks only had 2 bad losses under woodson that i can remember, against toronto and cavs, both on the road. the cavs game was stats first game back if i remember correctly after missing a month so of course the team struggled with him back in the lineup.

in regards to the knicks so called talent....

jeffries... are you serious?
bibby... again are you serious?
baron davis... did you forget he was hurt all year?
novak... all he can do is shoot as you said yourself.
shump.. a rookie talented defender, still learning on offense.
chandler needs a pg to set him up on offense
stat needs a pg to set him up on offense
jr smith joined the team mid season and is an athletic chucker
and finally... carmello... you've made note of it several times, he's not kobe, he's not lebron..

there are very few teams in the history of the league that have attained success without quality point guard play. out of the 16 teams that made the playoffs every team other than the knicks has a quality pg and some have more than one.

knicks gm should take some blame for not having a quality, healthy pg for dantoni along with dantoni for not adjusting his offense to fit his roster.

i mentioned mike breen's brainwashing because he does commentary for so many knick games. him and clyde are always bashing melo and breen basically spreads false propaganda. he's the main guy that said several times "melo admitted he didn't play hard for dantoni" which is complete bs and twisting of his words. speaking to casual knick fans they all seem to be influenced by his propaganda.

tripleaamin9
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I hope Philly is still interested in STAT. Would love to get Iggy from them. Considering they want to make it Evan Turner's team it would make sense for both teams.

EliTE
05-01-2012, 08:59 PM
bulls - rose
heat - chalmers
pacers - collison, george hill
hawks - teague
celtics - rondo, bradley
magic - nelson
sixers - jru holiday

spurs - parker
okc - westbrook
grizz - conley
lakers - sessions
clips - chris paul, billups
nugs - lawson, miller
mavs - kidd
j*** - harris

those are the playoff teams... then you got the knicks... our pgs going into the year were..... tony douglas.... and mike bibby.... o and baron davis with a bad back.... and a 2 guard in shump trying to run dantoni's "just wing it, i dont call plays" offense. lin was our savoir that came out of nowhere. only dantoni ruined him like he did to stat.

now the knicks are stuck in a tough spot. i heard people saying the knicks would give the full mle to lin... that is troubling. knicks owner dolan cares about $$ so he'll want to keep lin at all costs.

unless the knicks make some trades their roster will look something like this next year...

lin, shump, melo, amare, chandler, jorts and a bunch of vet min contracts.

that is not a team that will go far in the playoffs.

giantyankee1976
05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
athletic PG needed.

I'd also say we need some blue-collar Bench players.

No more glitz, just some workers so to speak. save that Hollywood **** for the Left Coast.

nycsportzfan
05-02-2012, 02:29 AM
bulls - rose heat - chalmers pacers - collison, george hill hawks - teague celtics - rondo, bradley magic - nelson sixers - jru holiday spurs - parker okc - westbrook grizz - conley lakers - sessions clips - chris paul, billups nugs - lawson, miller mavs - kidd j*** - harris those are the playoff teams... then you got the knicks... our pgs going into the year were..... tony douglas.... and mike bibby.... o and baron davis with a bad back.... and a 2 guard in shump trying to run dantoni's "just wing it, i dont call plays" offense. lin was our savoir that came out of nowhere. only dantoni ruined him like he did to stat. now the knicks are stuck in a tough spot. i heard people saying the knicks would give the full mle to lin... that is troubling. knicks owner dolan cares about $$ so he'll want to keep lin at all costs. unless the knicks make some trades their roster will look something like this next year... lin, shump, melo, amare, chandler, jorts and a bunch of vet min contracts. that is not a team that will go far in the playoffs. Cool, and how many teams have a front court of Melo, Amare, and Tyson Chandler? HOw many teams have Jr.Smith, and Novak and Shump, and Fields, coming off the bench at diffrent parts of teh season? They were supposed to have a top 3 Front court in the entire NBA, but haven't played like it..The point is, just because they don't have a top 5 PG, dosen't mean they shoulden't be a heck of alot better then they are.. They did have jeremey lin for awhile, and even when they were actually playing together, they weren't playing all that well.. I know, the coach is what your gonna say to that, but regardless of one thing or another, there is just always a excuse.. The bottom line is they underachieved bigtime.. I don't see how thats debatable..

nycsportzfan
05-02-2012, 02:39 AM
like i said earlier, you seriously over rate the talent on the knicks. knicks only had 2 bad losses under woodson that i can remember, against toronto and cavs, both on the road. the cavs game was stats first game back if i remember correctly after missing a month so of course the team struggled with him back in the lineup. in regards to the knicks so called talent.... jeffries... are you serious? bibby... again are you serious? baron davis... did you forget he was hurt all year? novak... all he can do is shoot as you said yourself. shump.. a rookie talented defender, still learning on offense. chandler needs a pg to set him up on offense stat needs a pg to set him up on offense jr smith joined the team mid season and is an athletic chucker and finally... carmello... you've made note of it several times, he's not kobe, he's not lebron.. there are very few teams in the history of the league that have attained success without quality point guard play. out of the 16 teams that made the playoffs every team other than the knicks has a quality pg and some have more than one. knicks gm should take some blame for not having a quality, healthy pg for dantoni along with dantoni for not adjusting his offense to fit his roster. i mentioned mike breen's brainwashing because he does commentary for so many knick games. him and clyde are always bashing melo and breen basically spreads false propaganda. he's the main guy that said several times "melo admitted he didn't play hard for dantoni" which is complete bs and twisting of his words. speaking to casual knick fans they all seem to be influenced by his propaganda. Of course they struggled against the Cavs because of stoudamires first game back? They should of beat them by double digits if it was the first game back for the entire team.. Woodson said himself, they just didn't compete.. They have had 2really bad losses under woodson, but there was also less games he coached, and also they pretty much had there back to teh wall the entire time under woodson, with no room for error. If they played like that all season, they woulden't be in the mess there in..</P>

Everyteams got some excuse why they didn't do this or that, but the bottom line is this paticular knicks team has more then enough talent to of been at least a 5 seed at worst, and it took all most the entire season just to get into the playoffs.. They lost to the bobcats for godsake.. There is just no excuse what so ever.. The only redemption would of been beating the Heat in the playoffs in my opinion, which obviously isn't happening, especially when your Cap heavy PF is punching walls and having to miss crucial game 3 at home.. I'm sure the Wall is to blame for that though..lol j/k!</P>

tripleaamin9
05-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Guys Amar'e and Melo can not co exist with each other. Watch our team play better tomorrow then we have the first 2 games.

EliTE
05-02-2012, 09:56 AM
who said anything about a top 5 PG? i listed 15+ pgs that are better than anything on our roster.

amare was coming off a back injury, then his brother died, then he got hurt again.

melo was dealing with little nagging injuries all year as well as chandler.

once again, lol @ JR smith, fields, novak, and shump proving the knicks have quality players.

jr is an athletic chucker like i said earlier, novak is a one trick pony that rode the pine his entire career until this year. if fields reaches his absolute potential he'll be a marginal rotation player at best.

shump is the knicks only quality guard, and he's a defensive rookie that is limited offensively and is NOT a PG.

guard play was the knicks biggest problem this year. specifically point guards but guards in general.

the roster turnover, constant rotation changes, injuries, family tragedies, horrid coaching, etc. knicks never got a chance to reach their potential. to act like everyone was healthy and simply underachieved is not true at all.

the knicks pass the ball around the perimiter and then chuck up a contested shot almost every possession because they have no real guards that can penetrate. baron has looked decent in the first 2 playoff games though. if he was healthy all year i'd bet money knicks would be a 4 seed at worst, even with all the other stuff that plauged the knicks throughout the season.

smashndash715
05-02-2012, 11:02 AM
amare is gone next year..i like what woodson has done but the only thing i disagree with is amare starting in the playoffs...thats where he messed up..BD Fields Shumpert(before he got injured) Melo and Chandler should have been the starting 5..amare coming in with that 2nd unit would have been huge cause the only other person really able to create his own shot in the 2nd unit is Jr Smith and he tries to create his own shot a little 2 much..im already going to assume this series is over and the bum *** b*** a** Heat will have an easy path to the finals where im hoping they get crushed by the thunder or spurs

tripleaamin9
05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
amare is gone next year..i like what woodson has done but the only thing i disagree with is amare starting in the playoffs...thats where he messed up..BD Fields Shumpert(before he got injured) Melo and Chandler should have been the starting 5..amare coming in with that 2nd unit would have been huge cause the only other person really able to create his own shot in the 2nd unit is Jr Smith and he tries to create his own shot a little 2 much..im already going to assume this series is over and the bum *** b*** a** Heat will have an easy path to the finals where im hoping they get crushed by the thunder or spurs

The only way Amar'e leaves is if he gets traded and no one is going to trade for that contract.

giantyankee1976
05-02-2012, 04:36 PM
on another note:

CONGRATS TYSON !!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/18928636/knicks-chandler-to-win-defensive-award

gmen0820
05-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Knicks will either keep it close or outright win this game coming up.

nycsportzfan
05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
who said anything about a top 5 PG? i listed 15+ pgs that are better than anything on our roster. amare was coming off a back injury, then his brother died, then he got hurt again. melo was dealing with little nagging injuries all year as well as chandler. once again, lol @ JR smith, fields, novak, and shump proving the knicks have quality players. jr is an athletic chucker like i said earlier, novak is a one trick pony that rode the pine his entire career until this year. if fields reaches his absolute potential he'll be a marginal rotation player at best. shump is the knicks only quality guard, and he's a defensive rookie that is limited offensively and is NOT a PG. guard play was the knicks biggest problem this year. specifically point guards but guards in general. the roster turnover, constant rotation changes, injuries, family tragedies, horrid coaching, etc. knicks never got a chance to reach their potential. to act like everyone was healthy and simply underachieved is not true at all. the knicks pass the ball around the perimiter and then chuck up a contested shot almost every possession because they have no real guards that can penetrate. baron has looked decent in the first 2 playoff games though. if he was healthy all year i'd bet money knicks would be a 4 seed at worst, even with all the other stuff that plauged the knicks throughout the season. I dont know about the top 5 PG thing, if your responding to my last post? Anyhow, Novak leasd the NBA in 3pt pct! Thats a pretty good guy to have off the bench... I really dissagree with u about the overall talent level of this knicks team.. I think its underachieved, personally.. </P>

Either way, lets just agree to dissagree..</P>

nycsportzfan
05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
who said anything about a top 5 PG? i listed 15+ pgs that are better than anything on our roster. amare was coming off a back injury, then his brother died, then he got hurt again. melo was dealing with little nagging injuries all year as well as chandler. once again, lol @ JR smith, fields, novak, and shump proving the knicks have quality players. jr is an athletic chucker like i said earlier, novak is a one trick pony that rode the pine his entire career until this year. if fields reaches his absolute potential he'll be a marginal rotation player at best. shump is the knicks only quality guard, and he's a defensive rookie that is limited offensively and is NOT a PG. guard play was the knicks biggest problem this year. specifically point guards but guards in general. the roster turnover, constant rotation changes, injuries, family tragedies, horrid coaching, etc. knicks never got a chance to reach their potential. to act like everyone was healthy and simply underachieved is not true at all. the knicks pass the ball around the perimiter and then chuck up a contested shot almost every possession because they have no real guards that can penetrate. baron has looked decent in the first 2 playoff games though. if he was healthy all year i'd bet money knicks would be a 4 seed at worst, even with all the other stuff that plauged the knicks throughout the season. I dont know about the top 5 PG thing, if your responding to my last post? Anyhow, Novak leasd the NBA in 3pt pct! Thats a pretty good guy to have off the bench... I really dissagree with u about the overall talent level of this knicks team.. I think its underachieved, personally.. </P>

Redeyejedi
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
who said anything about a top 5 PG? i listed 15+ pgs that are better than anything on our roster. amare was coming off a back injury, then his brother died, then he got hurt again. melo was dealing with little nagging injuries all year as well as chandler. once again, lol @ JR smith, fields, novak, and shump proving the knicks have quality players. jr is an athletic chucker like i said earlier, novak is a one trick pony that rode the pine his entire career until this year. if fields reaches his absolute potential he'll be a marginal rotation player at best. shump is the knicks only quality guard, and he's a defensive rookie that is limited offensively and is NOT a PG. guard play was the knicks biggest problem this year. specifically point guards but guards in general. the roster turnover, constant rotation changes, injuries, family tragedies, horrid coaching, etc. knicks never got a chance to reach their potential. to act like everyone was healthy and simply underachieved is not true at all. the knicks pass the ball around the perimiter and then chuck up a contested shot almost every possession because they have no real guards that can penetrate. baron has looked decent in the first 2 playoff games though. if he was healthy all year i'd bet money knicks would be a 4 seed at worst, even with all the other stuff that plauged the knicks throughout the season. I dont know about the top 5 PG thing, if your responding to my last post?* Anyhow,* Novak leasd the NBA in 3pt pct! Thats a pretty good guy to have off the bench... I really dissagree with u about the overall talent level of this knicks team.. I think its underachieved, personally.. </P>

Either way, lets just agree to dissagree..</P>They absolutely underachieved. The Knicks roster is better then the Pacers and they are the 3rd Seed.

EliTE
05-02-2012, 05:53 PM
novak is possibly the best shooter in the league, but he's a liability in virtually every other phase of the game. there is a reason he rode the pine his entire career and even most of this year until he broke out and earned some playing time.

knicks roster is better than the pacers? that's arguable. especially considering the knicks roster was fully healthy for only a handful of games.

pacers have collison and geoge hill, two stud guards. even stephenson and barbosa are better guards than anyone on the knicks besides maybe shump.

granger and paul geoge are two real solid forwards.

david west > zombie stat

dante jones and hansbrough, two solid goons.

and last but certainly not least, hibbert, one of the best young centers in the league.

knicks roster is better than that? if everyone was healthy going into the 2 game preseason it would be a close call, otherwise i'd swap out their roster for ours in a heartbeat.

the only real downgrade would be granger for melo, otherwise it's an upgrade at virtually every position.

they have better guards, better bigs and more forward depth. melo and chandler over granger and hibbert that's about it. hibbert has a much better offensive game than chandler but chandler is the better defender.

i'll say it again, the knicks "talent" is extremely overrated by some of you on here.

out of the knicks "big 3" melo is the only guy that isn't completely reliant on a PG to score efficiently, and even he would be better off with a solid PG getting him the ball in his spots.

the knicks did underachieve, but some of you act like they were going to the finals or something with bibby and douglas as our back court. going into the year that was the knicks biggest weakness and it ended up costing them a lot of games.

GmenFan1980
05-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Novak is going to start? he is going to get killed :S

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 07:22 PM
well, can't say I'm shocked. this is horrid.

Once I hated the Bulls like no other. The Heat have now taken that number 1 spot. I'm indifferent to the Bulls, but I hate the **** out of the Heat.

Red Sox, Rays, Eagles, Cowboys status at this point.

nycsportzfan
05-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Novak is going to start? he is going to get killed :SIts crazy funny watching the knicks wait untill 7seconds to go on every possesion.. Why don't they try something diffrent, and attack, just like Jr Smith just did..lol

nycsportzfan
05-03-2012, 07:35 PM
wow, Melo's long range jumpshot is crazy off now.. Hes barley hitting rim on his 3pt shot in this series... He just airballed another one, and the knicks are getting outrebounded like theres no tommorow.. I've all ready seen the knicks stand and wait for the other guy to grab the ball, except the other guy is waiting for him to grab the ball..lol

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 07:41 PM
way to battle back. F the Miami Skeet

nycsportzfan
05-03-2012, 08:02 PM
It'd be nice if the knicks could stop turning the ball over at least.. Jesus! Every possesion there dribbling it off there feet or just simply getting it slapped away... Its nuts...</P>

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
they're over-hyped. they know its basically do or die game 3.

they don't want to be swept

nycsportzfan
05-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Now, were talking!

GmenFan1980
05-03-2012, 08:10 PM
please finish this half strong. Fields and smith are trying their best to make up for Melo

GmenFan1980
05-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Justin Tuck :D

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
i love the a-hole chants

give it to that *** hat

Redeyejedi
05-03-2012, 08:13 PM
The Heat are not playing well tonight

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 08:14 PM
yeaaaaaaa
and 1

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
sadly this team will let these d-bags back in it during the 3rd period. it's their MO

GmenFan1980
05-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Fields is an Idiot for that pass to Melo

and so is Melo for that pass to Fields

Redeyejedi
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Classic let the 11 point lead evaporate in the last minute. Those points will cost them the game in the end.

EliTE
05-03-2012, 08:26 PM
loving the positive outlook of the knicks fans in here.

Redeyejedi
05-03-2012, 08:48 PM
If the Knicks cant win this game with lebron on the bench for the rest of this quarter they arent wining a game

Redeyejedi
05-03-2012, 08:52 PM
The Heat have played poorly tonight but so has Melo. They cant let this game get away

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 09:07 PM
LOL just threw that **** up there

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
man what's with the bricks?

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 09:14 PM
these officials are full of ****

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
go take care of your kids 3. jerk

Redeyejedi
05-03-2012, 09:18 PM
The Knicks O has been so bad. I think its because they have played so hard on defense they are resting on O. Its like the reverse of Dantoni LOL. If they could just make the FT's. Its the difference of the game tonight

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
****s looking bad now

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 09:22 PM
DAAAAAAMMMMMN

JR snapped

nycsportzfan
05-03-2012, 09:38 PM
The Knicks O has been so bad. I think its because they have played so hard on defense they are resting on O. Its like the reverse of Dantoni LOL. If they could just make the FT's. Its the difference of the game tonight I just don't think there that good.. I mean, we make excuses and its this injury or that PG, but the bottom line is there just not that good.. I suggest they trade Melo and try and start over.. Get some draft picks and get some young talent in here, and see what happens...

nycsportzfan
05-03-2012, 09:42 PM
So we again, aren't gonna win a game in a first rd playoff series.. Its to bad, they just coulden't muster up the energy to beat the TOUGH CAVS..LOL Everything they'd been through to that point, and they could of righted the ship , and they just coulden't play with passion, thinking they had accomplished something just by getting to the playoffs.. I honestly wouldent care if we traded everyone of these players at this point, and just started over from scratch, just to see if we could get it right the next time...

giantyankee1976
05-03-2012, 09:54 PM
I think we should keep Melo and Tyson as the core.

Keep Fields, Harrelson, Novak, JR and Lin for bench depth, but we need real starting quality at PG, PF and SG

EliTE
05-03-2012, 09:55 PM
still harping on that one game when no one knows how things would have turned out had we won it? let it go. you take stat's post game excuses as speaking for the whole team. at least you now realize the knicks "talent" is overrated.

lol @ u hyping up fields, novak, jeffries, etc before.

trading melo would set the franchise back another 5 years.

knicks need a point guard. it makes picking balkman over rondo look even worse if thats even possible.

EliTE
05-03-2012, 10:06 PM
the knicks are cursed. shump was our only real quality guard and he blows his acl in the first playoff game. he had potential to work on his offense all offseason and be a beast next year. now he'll spend the entire offseason rehabbing and won't be the same player next year.

i like lin but i would be completely against giving him our full mle because he's still very inexperienced and having him be our full time pg would be asking a lot of him.

i doubt the knicks can work out any trades for stat without getting back an even worse player with just as bad a contact which would be pointless.

knicks have to try to make it work with our big 3. i guarantee stat will look a lot better with a quality pg, maybe sign nash for the mle? either way they're not beating the heat, okc, etc the next few years so maybe nyc is right we should trade everyone and rebuild.

TuckYou
05-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Knicks arent cursed, they are just run horribly. </P>

Keep trading away those 1st round picks and players you pick in the first round who actually have talent, it will get you no where. Thats what is starting to happen to the Yanks too now. Pathetic. </P>

EliTE
05-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Keep trading away those 1st round picks and players you pick in the first round who actually have talent, it will get you no where. Thats what is starting to happen to the Yanks too now. Pathetic. </P> cant disagree with that. look at okc. they are good because they sucked for a few years in a row but ended up getting durant, westbrook and harden out of it.

knicks suck and trade away all their picks for expiring contracts to try and sign lebron. i thought walsh got too much praise for trading away all the knicks good players along with our picks just to create cap space.

dolan is just a dumb owner with a win now mentality. he just wants to sell tickets thats why he forced walsh to trade everyone for melo when we could have got him for less or possibly as a free agent.

baseball is a little different because the draft is a crapshoot. most of the yanks good young prospects werent even drafted, just signed as international free agents like montero and baneuolos.

TuckYou
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM

Keep trading away those 1st round picks and players you pick in the first round who actually have talent, it will get you no where. Thats what is starting to happen to the Yanks too now. Pathetic. </P>

cant disagree with that. look at okc. they are good because they sucked for a few years in a row but ended up getting durant, westbrook and harden out of it. knicks suck and trade away all their picks for expiring contracts to try and sign lebron. i thought walsh got too much praise for trading away all the knicks good players along with our picks just to create cap space. dolan is just a dumb owner with a win now mentality. he just wants to sell tickets thats why he forced walsh to trade everyone for melo when we could have got him for less or possibly as a free agent. baseball is a little different because the draft is a crapshoot. most of the yanks good young prospects werent even drafted, just signed as international free agents like montero and baneuolos.</P>

Montero was the only one I was looking forward to, and we send him to Seattle for damaged goods. Horrible trade from day 1 after seeing how bad Pineda fell after a hot start last season.</P>

Knicks are pretty much a joke right now. Good enough to get embarrassed in the playoffs. But heym at least they can get into the playoffs again. just have to win somehow. And Stat is going to be another Allen Houston deal. His career is over. Melo, and this pains me to say because Im a big Cuse fan, is not even close to Lebron or Wade. Jermey Lin was a fun story, but his turnovers and chaos was dooming him anyway.</P>

TuckYou
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM

cant disagree with that. look at okc. they are good because they sucked for a few years in a row but ended up getting durant, westbrook and harden out of it. knicks suck and trade away all their picks for expiring contracts to try and sign lebron. i thought walsh got too much praise for trading away all the knicks good players along with our picks just to create cap space. dolan is just a dumb owner with a win now mentality. he just wants to sell tickets thats why he forced walsh to trade everyone for melo when we could have got him for less or possibly as a free agent. baseball is a little different because the draft is a crapshoot. most of the yanks good young prospects werent even drafted, just signed as international free agents like montero and baneuolos.</P>

Montero was the only one I was looking forward to, and we send him to Seattle for damaged goods. Horrible trade from day 1 after seeing how bad Pineda fell after a hot start last season.</P>

Knicks are pretty much a joke right now. Good enough to get embarrassed in the playoffs. But heym at least they can get into the playoffs again. just have to win somehow. And Stat is going to be another Allen Houston deal. His career is over. Melo, and this pains me to say because Im a big Cuse fan, is not even close to Lebron or Wade. Jermey Lin was a fun story, but his turnovers and chaos was dooming him anyway.</P>

EliTE
05-03-2012, 10:45 PM
i think girardi told cashman he wasnt gonna play montero at catcher thats why he was traded. cashman thought a starting pitcher was more valuable than an every now and then dh which is what girardi would have done with him.

as of now its a bad trade but if pineda ends up being solid in the future it wont be all that bad.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-03-2012, 11:30 PM
I hope this doesn't get me on an FBI watch list, but New York sports would be so much better if Dolan was assassinated.

smashndash715
05-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Being a knicks fan makes me very thankful to be born into giants fandom as well

bigblue58
05-04-2012, 12:34 AM
The Knicks are a disgrace! They outright quit game 3 in the 3rd qtr and just went thru the motions in the 4th.
Pathetic, embarrassing stiffs who deserve to lose in a sweep at home.

Redeyejedi
05-04-2012, 12:56 AM

Keep trading away those 1st round picks and players you pick in the first round who actually have talent, it will get you no where. Thats what is starting to happen to the Yanks too now. Pathetic. </P> cant disagree with that. look at okc. they are good because they sucked for a few years in a row but ended up getting durant, westbrook and harden out of it.

knicks suck and trade away all their picks for expiring contracts to try and sign lebron. i thought walsh got too much praise for trading away all the knicks good players along with our picks just to create cap space.

dolan is just a dumb owner with a win now mentality. he just wants to sell tickets thats why he forced walsh to trade everyone for melo when we could have got him for less or possibly as a free agent.

baseball is a little different because the draft is a crapshoot. most of the yanks good young prospects werent even drafted, just signed as international free agents like montero and baneuolos.Yeah but the Knicks didnt have 1 young player as good as Durant, Westbrook or Harden

nycsportzfan
05-04-2012, 07:42 AM
still harping on that one game when no one knows how things would have turned out had we won it? let it go. you take stat's post game excuses as speaking for the whole team. at least you now realize the knicks "talent" is overrated. lol @ u hyping up fields, novak, jeffries, etc before. trading melo would set the franchise back another 5 years. knicks need a point guard. it makes picking balkman over rondo look even worse if thats even possible. Hyping em up? I was speaking about em in a "good depth" perception.. What'd u think i meant they were all stars or something???lol And yes we do know what would of happened had we WON that clevland game.. We'd be in the 6 seed... The knicks finished 1game worse then the Magic.. Had they beat the Cavs, they'd be in teh 6seed right now.. I'm certainly not letting that go, because those are the type of losses that have doomed this team this season.. There the biggest underachievers in the NBA, hands down.. </P>

I dont see how u can debate that? Tyson Chandler, Melo, Stat, Novak, Jr.Smith, Shumpert, Lin(part of season), B.Davis(part of season), Jeffries..etc That is a team that should easily be in the 4-5 seed..</P>

The hawks lost there best player for the yr, it didn't stop them from being where they pretty much should be in the postseason.. Teams deal with stuff in the regular season, this paticular knicks team has never been consistent from day 1 right throughout the entire season.. There isn't one person that didn't expect more from this team, with the exact same PG's we have on roster now... </P>

We can debate anything we want about this team, but the bottom line is they underachieved.. There is nothing u can say to me, thats gonna change my mind about that.. To be honest, i don't think anyone else anywhere would think they didn't underachieve...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-04-2012, 07:48 AM

Either way, lets just agree to dissagree..</P>They absolutely underachieved. The Knicks roster is better then the Pacers and they are the 3rd Seed. I totally agree.. We look at the knicks team after the season, and can say this guys good or this guys bad, but the bottom line is at the beggining of the season, everyone thought that the signing of Tyson Chandler and drafting of solid defender on the wing, was the final ingriedients to making this team at worst a middle of the pact playoff team(4-5seed).. They never lived up to there talent level..

nycsportzfan
05-04-2012, 07:57 AM
i think girardi told cashman he wasnt gonna play montero at catcher thats why he was traded. cashman thought a starting pitcher was more valuable than an every now and then dh which is what girardi would have done with him. as of now its a bad trade but if pineda ends up being solid in the future it wont be all that bad. That, and we had no starting pitching to speak of. They had no idea if Nova was gonna continue on from his success of last season, or what they were gonna get outta Hughes, or if Freddy Garcia could give us what he did last yr, and then there was Aj Burnett.. The only sure thing we had was CC Sabathia.. I never wanted to give up Montero to begin with, becuase its exactly what we need , a young offensive player, that hits for AVG and POWER... He projects to a 305 30 110 type player.. Either way, i still was intrigued about pineda, but i did feel there were more question marks about Pineda, then u would want from a guy who u almost felt was a gurantee to succeed(montero).. </P>

Gary Sanchez is another reason i think the yanks felt Montero was tradable.. We are stocked at C, so they felt they could trade montero, and still have a quality to above solid C come outta Romine, Sanchez, or Jr Murphy, all though i'm sure they realized they would probably be less impactful then Montero, but your also getting whoever u traded for him, in this case, pineda...</P>

Redeyejedi
05-04-2012, 08:18 AM
i think girardi told cashman he wasnt gonna play montero at catcher thats why he was traded. cashman thought a starting pitcher was more valuable than an every now and then dh which is what girardi would have done with him. as of now its a bad trade but if pineda ends up being solid in the future it wont be all that bad. That, and we had no starting pitching to speak of. They had no idea if Nova was gonna continue on from his success of last season, or what they were gonna get outta Hughes, or if Freddy Garcia could give us what he did last yr, and then there was Aj Burnett..** The only sure thing we had was CC Sabathia..* I never wanted to give up Montero to begin with, becuase its exactly what we need , a young offensive player, that hits for AVG and POWER...* He projects to a 305 30 110 type player.. Either way, i still was intrigued about pineda, but i did feel there were more question marks about Pineda, then u would want from a guy who u almost felt was a gurantee to succeed(montero).. </P>

Gary Sanchez is another reason i think the yanks felt Montero was tradable.. We are stocked at C, so they felt they could trade montero, and still have a quality to above solid C come outta Romine, Sanchez, or Jr Murphy, all though i'm sure they realized they would probably be less impactful then Montero, but your also getting whoever u traded for him, in this case, pineda...</P>
Sorry wrong thread
The Yanks have good position players in the minors but not major league ready players. Better chance they do nothing then actually help this team

Redeyejedi
05-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Unfortuantly the Knicks landed in the 1 seed they had no chace of winning. Put them against the other teams in the East they would of had a 50/50 chance of winning "Assuming Rose is hurt of course"

Joe Morrison
05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Until Spike Lee is kept out of the Garden for Knick Games they will never win.</P>

Other teams step up their game because he gets to involved with the play on the court.</P>

</P>

EliTE
05-04-2012, 01:14 PM
still harping on that one game when no one knows how things would have turned out had we won it? let it go. you take stat's post game excuses as speaking for the whole team. at least you now realize the knicks "talent" is overrated. lol @ u hyping up fields, novak, jeffries, etc before. trading melo would set the franchise back another 5 years. knicks need a point guard. it makes picking balkman over rondo look even worse if thats even possible. Hyping em up?* I was speaking about em in a* "good depth" perception..* What'd u think i meant they were all stars or something???lol** And yes we do know what would of happened had we WON that clevland game.. We'd be in the 6 seed...* The knicks finished 1game worse then the Magic.. Had they beat the Cavs, they'd be in teh 6seed right now.. I'm certainly not letting that go, because those are the type of losses that have doomed this team this season.. There the biggest underachievers in the NBA, hands down..* </P>

I dont see how u can debate that?* Tyson Chandler, Melo, Stat, Novak, Jr.Smith, Shumpert, Lin(part of season), B.Davis(part of season), Jeffries..etc** That is a team that should easily be in the 4-5 seed..</P>

The hawks lost there best player for the yr, it didn't stop them from being where they pretty much should be in the postseason..* Teams deal with stuff in the regular season, this paticular knicks team has never been consistent from day 1 right throughout the entire season..* There isn't one person that didn't expect more from this team, with the exact same PG's we have on roster now... </P>

We can debate anything we want about this team, but the bottom line* is they underachieved.. There is nothing u can say to me, thats gonna change my mind about that.. To be honest, i don't think anyone else anywhere would think they didn't underachieve...</P>where to begin... if the knicks beat the cavs they would have been the 6th seed? so the knicks would have won/lost all the same games and every other team in the league would have won/lost the same games? you're making quite an assumption. who's to say we don't lose to the hawks and clippers if we had beaten the cavs?

how about this, we should have tanked and been the 8th seed to play the bulls! because rose would still blow his acl out but shump wouldn't right? it's fun predicting the future based on changing the past in fantasy land.

you are once again hyping up the talent on the knicks... did you seriously just mention jeffries? lol

baron missed most of the year and when he came back he was still playing hurt, he is a shell of his former self. lin only played part of the season and then got hurt. JR smith was here only part of the year and isn't that good anyways, he's an athletic chucker like i said earlier, shump is a defensive rookie, one of the knicks only quality young players, but still, the 17th pick in the draft and just a rookie.

chandler and stat are both dependent on point guard play to be effective on offense, i don't know how many times i have to repeat that.

the hawks lost horford but have great big man depth. the hawks also have josh smith and joe johnson, two of the best forwards and guards in the league respectively. teague, marvin williams, etc they have better role players than the knicks as well.

im not trying to convince you or anyone else that the knicks didn't underachieve, i'm simply pointing out understandable reasons why they underachieved where as you make it seem like they simply didn't play well or didn't try hard enough.

Either way, lets just agree to dissagree..</P>They absolutely underachieved. The Knicks roster is better then the Pacers and they are the 3rd Seed. I totally agree.. We look at the knicks team after the season, and can say this guys good or this guys bad, but the bottom line is at the beggining of the season, everyone thought that the signing of Tyson Chandler and drafting of solid defender on the wing, was the final ingriedients to making this team at worst a middle of the pact playoff team(4-5seed).. They never lived up to there talent level.. once again what talent level do you speak of? zombie stat coming off rehab? then his brother is killed, then he gets hurt again... outside of melo what talent do the knicks have?

the most important elements to winning basketball games is talent, coaching and health.

the knicks were plauged with injuries all year, bad coaching for most of the year, and the "talent" level was extremely overrated. the fact that you mention guys like jeffries, fields, novak etc says it all.

if the knicks had a good coach and were healthy all year i would agree that the season was complete disappointment. but when you put things in to perspective and realize all the adversity the team went though along with the talent not being what we expected, it's no surprise they "underachieved".

nycsportzfan
05-04-2012, 06:39 PM
still harping on that one game when no one knows how things would have turned out had we won it? let it go. you take stat's post game excuses as speaking for the whole team. at least you now realize the knicks "talent" is overrated. lol @ u hyping up fields, novak, jeffries, etc before. trading melo would set the franchise back another 5 years. knicks need a point guard. it makes picking balkman over rondo look even worse if thats even possible. Hyping em up? I was speaking about em in a "good depth" perception.. What'd u think i meant they were all stars or something???lol And yes we do know what would of happened had we WON that clevland game.. We'd be in the 6 seed... The knicks finished 1game worse then the Magic.. Had they beat the Cavs, they'd be in teh 6seed right now.. I'm certainly not letting that go, because those are the type of losses that have doomed this team this season.. There the biggest underachievers in the NBA, hands down.. </P>

I dont see how u can debate that? Tyson Chandler, Melo, Stat, Novak, Jr.Smith, Shumpert, Lin(part of season), B.Davis(part of season), Jeffries..etc That is a team that should easily be in the 4-5 seed..</P>

The hawks lost there best player for the yr, it didn't stop them from being where they pretty much should be in the postseason.. Teams deal with stuff in the regular season, this paticular knicks team has never been consistent from day 1 right throughout the entire season.. There isn't one person that didn't expect more from this team, with the exact same PG's we have on roster now... </P>

We can debate anything we want about this team, but the bottom line is they underachieved.. There is nothing u can say to me, thats gonna change my mind about that.. To be honest, i don't think anyone else anywhere would think they didn't underachieve...</P>where to begin... if the knicks beat the cavs they would have been the 6th seed? so the knicks would have won/lost all the same games and every other team in the league would have won/lost the same games? you're making quite an assumption. who's to say we don't lose to the hawks and clippers if we had beaten the cavs? how about this, we should have tanked and been the 8th seed to play the bulls! because rose would still blow his acl out but shump wouldn't right? it's fun predicting the future based on changing the past in fantasy land. you are once again hyping up the talent on the knicks... did you seriously just mention jeffries? lol baron missed most of the year and when he came back he was still playing hurt, he is a shell of his former self. lin only played part of the season and then got hurt. JR smith was here only part of the year and isn't that good anyways, he's an athletic chucker like i said earlier, shump is a defensive rookie, one of the knicks only quality young players, but still, the 17th pick in the draft and just a rookie. chandler and stat are both dependent on point guard play to be effective on offense, i don't know how many times i have to repeat that. the hawks lost horford but have great big man depth. the hawks also have josh smith and joe johnson, two of the best forwards and guards in the league respectively. teague, marvin williams, etc they have better role players than the knicks as well. im not trying to convince you or anyone else that the knicks didn't underachieve, i'm simply pointing out understandable reasons why they underachieved where as you make it seem like they simply didn't play well or didn't try hard enough.

They absolutely underachieved. The Knicks roster is better then the Pacers and they are the 3rd Seed. I totally agree.. We look at the knicks team after the season, and can say this guys good or this guys bad, but the bottom line is at the beggining of the season, everyone thought that the signing of Tyson Chandler and drafting of solid defender on the wing, was the final ingriedients to making this team at worst a middle of the pact playoff team(4-5seed).. They never lived up to there talent level.. once again what talent level do you speak of? zombie stat coming off rehab? then his brother is killed, then he gets hurt again... outside of melo what talent do the knicks have? the most important elements to winning basketball games is talent, coaching and health. the knicks were plauged with injuries all year, bad coaching for most of the year, and the "talent" level was extremely overrated. the fact that you mention guys like jeffries, fields, novak etc says it all. if the knicks had a good coach and were healthy all year i would agree that the season was complete disappointment. but when you put things in to perspective and realize all the adversity the team went though along with the talent not being what we expected, it's no surprise they "underachieved". Ya, i'd pretty much think that the teams would win/lose the same games, seeing how that is how it played out.. Why would u think it would be any diffrent?</P>

As far as the knicks talent level, there incredibly talented on paper.. They underachieved.. All teams go through stuff during the yr man, its just called "life".. They underachieved, to like a whole nother level this yr.. I still can't see how u can possibly dissagree.. </P>

U could sit here and write diffrent situations that every team went through.. </P>

nycsportzfan
05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Unfortuantly the Knicks landed in the 1 seed they had no chace of winning. Put them against the other teams in the East they would of had a 50/50 chance of winning "Assuming Rose is hurt of course" They should of never been this far down to begin with... They should of been in the TOP 5seeds, if they played up to there talent levels all season long.. Amare had his worst season to date, and Melo didn't start playing like Melo, untill about a month to go in the season.. U can't Achieve what your supposed to when u got the worst season in your starts career(amare) , and ur bigger star(melo), dosen't start playing like the star he is supposed to be untill a month before the yr ends...

nycsportzfan
05-05-2012, 06:54 PM
U know what player i think is ridiculously overrated? Blake Griffin.. I would never pay what it would take to retain that guy when hes a FA.. U ever watch his moves in the post? Its so sloppy, and it reminds me of a mechanic or plummer playing basketball with his friends or something..lol Then his FT shooting is just as bad as Shaq's, except Griffins a PF, and Shaq at least was a big monsterus C.. </P>

If Griffin wasen't so athletic and strong, he'd be useless... Lucky for him, he can jump outta the gym, and use his athletic ability to get to the rim at times in the post... </P>

Speaking of the clippers, why do they not play more uptempo on offense? At least alittle bit.. U got shooters in Foye, Butler, Young, and Paul, and guys who can run the floor in Martin, Griffin, and even Deandre Jordan can run the floor for a center... They seem like they just can't score, despite having Foye, Young, Paul, Griffin, Butler..etc Its strange...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Blake Griffin is terrible..lol Obviously, i mean hes terrible, when speaking of him being referred to as a star and one of the better NBA players in the league.. His shot is just so ugly.. How can u get by with athletic ability and size, and no real talent? He just missd another easy shot, and then had a crucial turnover in the span of about 10seconds..LOL Then he just gets a foul on a rebound attempt, all this with his team down 5 points with less then 5minutes to go... Dude is a straight scrub!

EliTE
05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
the knicks underachieved because of injuries, poor coaching and the "talent on paper" being overrated. o and having bibby and douglas as the starting pg, and the huge roster overhaul after a lockout and no training camp, constant rotation changes. "all teams go through things" yea but most teams dont go through as much drama as the knicks did this year. having no pg, stats brother dying, the whole lin thing, dantoni "resigning", lin getting hurt, etc it was a rollercoaster season.

all im trying to get across is that i can understand why they underachieved. they had far from ideal conditions to succeed.

EliTE
05-05-2012, 11:19 PM
the knicks underachieved because of injuries, poor coaching and the "talent on paper" being overrated. o and having bibby and douglas as the starting pg, and the huge roster overhaul after a lockout and no training camp, constant rotation changes. "all teams go through things" yea but most teams dont go through as much drama as the knicks did this year. having no pg, stats brother dying, the whole lin thing, dantoni "resigning", lin getting hurt, etc it was a rollercoaster season.

all im trying to get across is that i can understand why they underachieved. they had far from ideal conditions to succeed.

i dont blame stat for having a bad back and im not mad at melo for playing through injuries and struggling because of it.

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 12:10 AM
the knicks underachieved because of injuries, poor coaching and the "talent on paper" being overrated. o and having bibby and douglas as the starting pg, and the huge roster overhaul after a lockout and no training camp, constant rotation changes. "all teams go through things" yea but most teams dont go through as much drama as the knicks did this year. having no pg, stats brother dying, the whole lin thing, dantoni "resigning", lin getting hurt, etc it was a rollercoaster season. all im trying to get across is that i can understand why they underachieved. they had far from ideal conditions to succeed. Hey, u understand why they underachieved, and looking at it after the season, i can to, but the point remains the same, they underachieved, becasue at the beggining of the season, we all thought we were staring at a 4th-5th seed at worst.. They didn't play well, is why they didn't do better in the standing, which is the case with any team that udnerahieves... CLearly, Amare and Melo do not play well together, and i'd be totally fine with trading Melo, and blowing this thing up, because i don't see us being any better for the forseeable future, and we mines as well change it up and get young talent in here, and see if we can right this ship..

EliTE
05-06-2012, 12:38 AM
why trade melo though when the knicks worked for years to get a player like him? i doubt its possible but if the knicks could somehow rid themselves of amare's contract that would be the way to go even if it meant taking back a bad contract.

someone on realgm suggested a sign and trade with the nets sending stat and lin to jerz for deron and morrow. unrealistic but i'd do it in a heartbeat.

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 07:20 AM
why trade melo though when the knicks worked for years to get a player like him? i doubt its possible but if the knicks could somehow rid themselves of amare's contract that would be the way to go even if it meant taking back a bad contract. someone on realgm suggested a sign and trade with the nets sending stat and lin to jerz for deron and morrow. unrealistic but i'd do it in a heartbeat. Oh, i'd definetly trade Amare first, but who in there right minds would give us anything for him? His knees aren't even insured, and obviously hes got back issues as well, and his play has declined, and now hes got the Punching the glass on the fire thing as well.. </P>

I'd trade Melo becuase were not that good with him, and if its possible to get something of great value, which i imagine u could get with melo, u'd still have Chandler, Shumpert, and Amare, to go with the heap u get for melo, and i'd imagine draft picks would be involved, and it'd free up some salary cap for another mid level guy. Don't get me wrong though, melo's last month of the regular season has got him in my good graces somewhat, and i'm not hellbent on the idea, but i'd still do it, if the price was right... </P>

One thing that will be ineteresting next yr, is having Jeremey Lin for a full yr, to go with Melo and Amare, though.. I'm intrigued to see that play out.. Its to bad we couldent' sneak a first rder out this yr, becuase its a deep class.. I'd love to snag a shooter to take over for losing Jr Smith and Novak.. A guy like Orlando Johnson SG UCSB is intriguing, as is Wisconsin PG Jordan Taylor.. Taylor would be a solid gamble on finding a legit backup PG that can shoot the 3 and dish it... I think he could turn out to be a pretty big steal for someone...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 04:29 PM
and yet another dud by the knicks.. Man, this team is annoying.. Melo is 3-9, and Novak can't even get a shot up, and Amare has done what he does, nothing.. Mike Bibby and Fields continue to miss jumpers and actually shoot em, which is crazy in its own right, espeically fields, whos the worst shooter in the history of the NBA, as far as SF/SG type players..lol

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Have fun watching this one, if anyone is, i'm done.. This team is the biggest underahieving bunch of goons ever...

EliTE
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
i cannot stand mike breen.

its really sad seeing melo out there with a bunch of trash around him and then shoudering the blame for the teams shortcomings.

in regards to your post about trading melo, i could understand the logic if the knicks could get a boat load in return otherwise its not worth it.

if jerz was crazy enough to give us deron and a bunch of picks for melo and lin id consider it. with the knicks luck melo and lin would overachieve and make it to the conf finals lol

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
After every freaking shot the heat make the knicks hold there heads down and take about 4seconds jsut to get the ball in bounds.. Its freaking crazy! Then they wait untill about 5seconds in the shot clock, before they even consider starting there offense.. Is it that hard to figure out, u gotta go sooner in your offense and move the ball better? I mean, jesus! Its like getting hit in the head a 100times and continuing to do the same thing that allows it..</P>

</P>

So far in 3rd qter, we've had 2turnovers and not 1shot and 2fouls.. This team is freaking brainlsess! I'm glad were stuck with this waste of a team.. A team that is to stupid to learn.. </P>

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
THis Freaking team is just stupid! Move the ball, u useless toolbags! Every possesion the same thing! Its mindboggling that u can be that stupid!

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
* THis* Freaking team is just stupid! Move the ball, u useless toolbags! Every possesion the same thing!* Its mindboggling that u can be that stupid!The Heat are good defensively man and we have no jump shooters. Everyone is a volume scorer

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Feed Amare the Ball

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey, would u look at that knciks, ur moving the ball and going quicker in the shot clock and working the ball to the basket, and u scored about 7points in 1-2 minutes.. Hmmmm? Amazing!

EliTE
05-06-2012, 05:29 PM
ball movement is a product of team chemistry which the knicks lack for obvious reasons.

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 05:33 PM
And another injury for the Knicks

EliTE
05-06-2012, 05:34 PM
and there goes the knicks only somewhat competent point guard.

great momentum killer too, we were about to take the lead with that fast break but instead they call a travel on baron.

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Come on Boys just win 1 .

EliTE
05-06-2012, 05:44 PM
lebron misses a shot badly, stands there and doesnt get back on defense which leads to the and 1 by melo... not a peep from mike breen... if melo does that he gets eaten alive.

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Why would u take Melo outta the game to start the 4th qter? I hope it works out!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Come on Boys just win 1 . There not gonna score in the 4th becuase Woodson took Melo out... Its not the type of game u can take him out!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:55 PM
And just like i said, we lost the lead because no Melo... What a dumb move by Woodson! Melo was finally having fun, and finally in a groove, and u take em out? The last thing he was, was tired...

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Come on Boys just win 1 . There not gonna score in the 4th becuase Woodson took* Melo out... Its not the type of game u can take him out!LMAO Fields air balls a wide open 3

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Take a Timeout and get melo in the freaking game! My GOD!

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
*And just like i said, we lost the lead because no Melo...* What a dumb move by Woodson!* Melo was finally having fun, and finally in a groove, and u take em out? The last thing he was, was tired...He has played the whole game guarding Lebron got to give him a little rest

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Come on Boys just win 1 . There not gonna score in the 4th becuase Woodson took Melo out... Its not the type of game u can take him out!LMAO Fields air balls a wide open 3 I hope Fields gets traded for a draft pick.. He hates not scoring, and takes about 3-4 shots a game that he just can't make.. Its like hes hell bent on thinking hes got a jump shot.. He has the ugliest Jump shot i've ever seen in my life, and his FT shooting is just unaceptable.. I've fianlly had enough of him , and change my stance about him even for depth.. Hes just not good, period... Only thing he can do is finish at the rim when a player finds him cutting.. I don't know how he scored so much at Stanford?

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
And just like i said, we lost the lead because no Melo... What a dumb move by Woodson! Melo was finally having fun, and finally in a groove, and u take em out? The last thing he was, was tired...He has played the whole game guarding Lebron got to give him a little rest He was playing his best basketball of the series toward the end of the 3rd qter... he was having a blast.. U can't risk taking em outta the grove he was in.. I think it was a horrible move.. hes been shooting so poorly all series, and when he finally gets it going, u take em out? This is elimanation game, no time to take out your only true weapon, when he finally has it going.. Watch, he'll be cold as ice now...

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Come on Boys just win 1 . There not gonna score in the 4th becuase Woodson took* Melo out... Its not the type of game u can take him out!LMAO Fields air balls a wide open 3* I hope Fields gets traded for a draft pick.. He hates not scoring, and takes about 3-4 shots a game that he just can't make.. Its like hes hell bent on thinking hes got a jump shot..* He has the ugliest Jump shot i've ever seen in my life, and his FT shooting is just unaceptable.. I've fianlly had enough of him , and change my stance about him even for depth.. Hes just not good, period...* Only thing he can do is finish at the rim when a player finds him cutting.. I don't know how he scored so much at Stanford?Yeah he is terrible he cant guard SG's either. I hope they can buy a first rounder from someone this year. Get a swing man they can replace him with

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
U can tell guys like Jr Smith didn't go to college.. He commits some of the stupidest fouls i've seen in awhile... God, his shot is inconsistent, as well...

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:02 PM
What a pass from Melo to stat!

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:02 PM
What is Spike Lee wearing

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
JR Smith stop shooting please. Amare is shooting lights out get him the ball. All Amare can do is score run plays for him

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Man, i hope those few minutes we took melo out aren't the minutes that get us.. The heat made a run when he was out, and now its back and fourth with the lead...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
JR Smith stop shooting please. Amare is shooting lights out get him the ball. All Amare can do is score run plays for him WHy dosen't he fake the jumper and get his guy in the air, and go to the hoop and either drop it off or try for a layup?

tripleaamin9
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
JR Smith stop shooting please. Amare is shooting lights out get him the ball. All Amare can do is score run plays for him

We will be blessed if he declines his option. He may win us one game, but he will lose us a couple more.

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:07 PM
JR Smith stop shooting please. Amare is shooting lights out get him the ball. All Amare can do is score run plays for him WHy dosen't he fake the jumper and get his guy in the air, and go to the hoop and either drop it off or try for a layup?What is he like 3-13 in this game. They have to keep him out there without Shump because they have nobody else that can guard Wade or Lebron

EliTE
05-06-2012, 06:08 PM
*And just like i said, we lost the lead because no Melo...* What a dumb move by Woodson!* Melo was finally having fun, and finally in a groove, and u take em out? The last thing he was, was tired...He has played the whole game guarding Lebron got to give him a little rest He was playing his best basketball of the series toward the end of the 3rd qter... he was having a blast.. U can't risk taking em outta the grove he was in.. I think it was a horrible move.. hes been shooting so poorly all series, and when he finally gets it going, u take em out?** This is elimanation game, no time to take out your only true weapon, when he finally has it going.. Watch, he'll be cold as ice now...it was the right move. you cant have melo dead tired down the stretch if it comes down to the last few possessions which it looks like it will.

EliTE
05-06-2012, 06:09 PM
JR Smith stop shooting please. Amare is shooting lights out get him the ball. All Amare can do is score run plays for him WHy dosen't he fake the jumper and get his guy in the air, and go to the hoop and either drop it off or try for a layup?What is he like 3-13 in this game. They have to keep him out there without Shump because they have nobody else that can guard Wade or Lebronnot only that, we have no one that can handle the ball.

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
And just like i said, we lost the lead because no Melo... What a dumb move by Woodson! Melo was finally having fun, and finally in a groove, and u take em out? The last thing he was, was tired...He has played the whole game guarding Lebron got to give him a little rest He was playing his best basketball of the series toward the end of the 3rd qter... he was having a blast.. U can't risk taking em outta the grove he was in.. I think it was a horrible move.. hes been shooting so poorly all series, and when he finally gets it going, u take em out? This is elimanation game, no time to take out your only true weapon, when he finally has it going.. Watch, he'll be cold as ice now...it was the right move. you cant have melo dead tired down the stretch if it comes down to the last few possessions which it looks like it will. ya, i'm sure the 2minutes on the bench are gonna make a huge diffrence.. Did u see how Melo was playing down the stretch in the 3rd qter? And at that point, he had played all but 3minutes, and was totally fine... He would of been good. More risky letting the heat make a run, which they did... My opinion of course..

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Carmelo is feeling it!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Take yourself out Jr Smith! A blind man can make more shots then u have! Jesus!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:13 PM
I HATE U JR SMITH! MY LORD! HOW CAN A NBA PLAYER SHOOT THIS POORLY, WITH THIS MANY OPEN LOOKS!!!!!!!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Why in the world are they looking for smith? Get the ball away from him! If we lose this game, its squarley on the shoulders of Jr Smith...

EliTE
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
i thought the knicks were stacked with talent though nyc? bibby, fields, jr smith... these guys are ballers lol

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Jr Smith has been defending Lebron and Wade the whole game. He is probably tired. Why he keeps taking all these jump shots

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
i thought the knicks were stacked with talent though nyc? bibby, fields, jr smith... these guys are ballers lol Is that all u look to do is argue?

EliTE
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
i thought the knicks were stacked with talent though nyc? bibby, fields, jr smith... these guys are ballers lol* Is that all u look to do is argue?*im just pointing out that you cant have it both ways. on one hand you say the knicks are super talented, on the other hand you point out how crappy the majority of the players on the team are. which is it? obviously the latter.

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
i thought the knicks were stacked with talent though nyc? bibby, fields, jr smith... these guys are ballers lol And, they all had underachieving yrs by the way.. Hence, they underachieved! Fields looked to of had some promise, and Jr Smith was added well into the season anyhow, but none the less, has proved himself as a NBA scorer, and he hasen't played up to his level, and Melo had probably his worst season, outside of April, as did Stat..etc I mean, this teams the definiton of underachievement.. Either way, lets talk about the game, ey?

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:20 PM
i thought the knicks were stacked with talent though nyc? bibby, fields, jr smith... these guys are ballers lol Fileds would be playing like 15 minutes max if Shump was healthy and Bibby wouldnt be on the floor at all. Only Jr SMith would be seeing major minutes if the team was healthy

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
BIBBY FOR 3!!!!!!!! </P>

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:22 PM
U guys see Hakeem Nicks slap hands with Spike Lee

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:23 PM
i thought the knicks were stacked with talent though nyc? bibby, fields, jr smith... these guys are ballers lol Fileds would be playing like 15 minutes max if Shump was healthy and Bibby wouldnt be on the floor at all. Only Jr SMith would be seeing major minutes if the team was healthy And fields getting 15minutes off the bench for just energy purposes isnt a bad thing to have anyhow.. Kinda a poor mans Matt Barnes, because Barnes shoots a bit better..

EliTE
chea! bibby!

nycsportzfan
U guys see Hakeem Nicks slap hands with Spike Lee Nah, Nicks is there? Thats cool!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:24 PM
F U Lebron!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:24 PM
MELO!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!

EliTE
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
MELO!!!!!

GmenFan1980
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
please gaurd Lebron better smith

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:26 PM
MELO!!!!! MELO!!!!!!!!!!!!

GmenFan1980
05-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Nice!!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:27 PM
please gaurd Lebron better smithThey better!

giantyankee1976
05-06-2012, 06:28 PM
****ING DISH !!!!

god damn storm blows through this **** and I HAD NO ****ING GAME !!!!

mother ****er !!!!

PS
if we win this EAT A BIG *** **** LEBRON YOU ***** !!!!!

nycsportzfan
Melo getting 3 FT's!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap!

GmenFan1980
Melo!!! 3 ft

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:29 PM
wow, Melo misses 2outta 3 FT's all ready! Are u freaking kidding me?

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Melo throwing the game away

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow, Melo's FT's are potentially killer!

GmenFan1980
05-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Oh no Stat at the line? please make these :(((

nycsportzfan
Why in the world would u get it into Amare's hands for the FT's???LOL

Redeyejedi
*Wow, Melo's FT's are potentially killer!Thats going 2 be the difference , I know it.

nycsportzfan
Oh no Stat at the line? please make these :((( PLEASE!

Redeyejedi
05-06-2012, 06:32 PM
The game would be over if they made the FT's

nycsportzfan
wow,if Melo and Stat missing 3of5 FT's isn't the story of our season, i don't know what is...

GmenFan1980
2 for 5 on clutch free throws. unreal

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:33 PM
The game would be over if they made the FT's The heat are tying this now.. Its simply ridiculous... But the way the yr has gone, it makes sense, that Melo and Stat would be the reason were in this, and in the end, the reason we lose...

GmenFan1980
05-06-2012, 06:34 PM
**** YEAH FIELDS THANK YOU FOR THE D

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:34 PM
YES!!! WE WON A GAME! 1st PLAYOFF GAME IN FOREVER!! I"M GONNA CRY!!!(J/K))..lol

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Fields and Bibby ended up pretty helpful after all, in that one...

Redeyejedi
AND THE KNICKS WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP, I mean a playoff game

nycsportzfan
We got one more guys! We got one more!!! All right!

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:36 PM
AND THE KNICKS WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP, I mean a playoff game It certainly feels like we won the Championship...lol

giantyankee1976
41 points for Melo

and no sweep for the Miami Skeet, Skeet, Skeet

nycsportzfan
If Amare sits that game out, we lose...

n420p69
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
One win at a time fellas one win at a time!

giantyankee1976
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM

sadly. truth.

GmenFan1980
05-06-2012, 06:38 PM
* YES!!! WE WON A GAME! 1st PLAYOFF GAME IN FOREVER!! I"M GONNA CRY!!!(J/K))..lol

Thank god, at least it is a start of success, there almost guaranteed to lose the next game so at least they got this for them. Hopefully they improve on this next season

smashndash715
05-06-2012, 06:39 PM
* YES!!! WE WON A GAME! 1st PLAYOFF GAME IN FOREVER!! I"M GONNA CRY!!!(J/K))..lol

Thank god, at least it is a start of success, there almost guaranteed to lose the next game so at least they got this for them. Hopefully they improve on this next season

i think we have one more win in us

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 06:39 PM

sadly. truth.
Nah, i'm glad, becaue he finally truly showed his worth... He was pretty solid in that game, and it was nice that he and melo were the reason we won, and solid timely plays by Bibby, Novak, Harrelson(big rebounds), Fields(huge D at times), were also pretty big...

EliTE
05-06-2012, 06:40 PM
that was stressful as hell. i thought we had it in the bag up 2 with melo shooting 3 FTs, he missed 2 then stat missed 1... they remind me of the giants how they hate to win easy.

but like nyc said, i could almost cry! we finally won a playoff game! its been a disappointing season for sure, but i bet everyone in here would rather at least get a win than get swept.

i still have some faith that if the knicks somehow improve their guard play, specifically point guard play they could make us proud and at least make some deep playoff runs with melo, stat n chandler as the centerpieces. a good pg makes everyone work better together and makes the role players better as well.

EliTE
05-06-2012, 07:31 PM
i read that lin could possibly return for game 5. imagine the press that will get.

aznNYG86
05-06-2012, 07:38 PM
So Lin returning for Game 5?

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
that was stressful as hell. i thought we had it in the bag up 2 with melo shooting 3 FTs, he missed 2 then stat missed 1... they remind me of the giants how they hate to win easy. but like nyc said, i could almost cry! we finally won a playoff game! its been a disappointing season for sure, but i bet everyone in here would rather at least get a win than get swept. i still have some faith that if the knicks somehow improve their guard play, specifically point guard play they could make us proud and at least make some deep playoff runs with melo, stat n chandler as the centerpieces. a good pg makes everyone work better together and makes the role players better as well. U think if we have a healthy Lin going into next season and a similar team to now, it could be our diffrence in seeding? Even if we do go that route, i'd still like to draft a PG or Shooter, or mix of both in the 2nd rd, or possibly trade up up into RD 1 if possible or something like that... I really think Jordan Taylor could help if hes available when we pick...

EliTE
05-06-2012, 08:12 PM
that was stressful as hell. i thought we had it in the bag up 2 with melo shooting 3 FTs, he missed 2 then stat missed 1... they remind me of the giants how they hate to win easy. but like nyc said, i could almost cry! we finally won a playoff game! its been a disappointing season for sure, but i bet everyone in here would rather at least get a win than get swept. i still have some faith that if the knicks somehow improve their guard play, specifically point guard play they could make us proud and at least make some deep playoff runs with melo, stat n chandler as the centerpieces. a good pg makes everyone work better together and makes the role players better as well.* U think if we have a healthy Lin going into next season and a similar team to now, it could be our diffrence in seeding?** Even if we do go that route, i'd still like to draft a PG or Shooter, or mix of both in the 2nd rd, or possibly trade up up into RD 1 if possible or something like that... I really think Jordan Taylor could help if hes available when we pick...the shump injury really concerns me as he was our most promising young player at a position of need. instead of working on his game all offseason he'll be rehabbing which could set him back a year or 2 in development.

if the knicks go into next year with a similar roster but manage to stay healthy i think they could easily be a 3 seed, especially if lin continues to play well and get better.

i dont follow college bball so i cant speak on drafting players and what not, i know we have no first this year but we do have a second i believe.

i think the knicks 2 biggest needs are quality guards that can penetrate/pass and big man depth. if lin and shump both develop and improve that will be less of a need but i still think the knicks would be best served to somehow aquire a quality pg whether it be an older vet like nash or a younger guy to play alongside lin.

o and shooters. knicks need more knockdown shooters. guys that might not be as automatic as novak but can do other things better. so many times this year melo would drive in and the whole defense collapses on him because we had no 3pt threat to worry them with.

our starting lineup for awhile consisted of fields, shump, amare and chandler. none of them can shoot from the outside so the spacing was terrible offensively (although shump was starting to improve his shot)

in a perfect world next year lin will cut down on the TOs, improve his shooting and we'd be in business.

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Man, The lakers have terrible energy levels.. There lucky they have quite a bit of talent, because it somehow makes up for it, but there energy stinks... THe Nuggets just out hustle em, and the lakers don't seem to be able to match that...</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
05-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Man,* The lakers have terrible energy levels.. There lucky they have quite a bit of talent, because it somehow makes up for it, but there energy stinks... THe Nuggets just out hustle em, and the lakers don't seem to be able to match that...</P>
That's because their guys are all getting old IMO.

nycsportzfan
05-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Man, The lakers have terrible energy levels.. There lucky they have quite a bit of talent, because it somehow makes up for it, but there energy stinks... THe Nuggets just out hustle em, and the lakers don't seem to be able to match that...</P>

That's because their guys are all getting old IMO. U still gotta have energy and match other teams.. They've given up fastbreaks where the Nuggets somehow get the rebound not once, not twice, but three times and put the ball in before a Laker is even in the play.. Then u see there facial expressions, and there just so blah.. Its like they don't even care , or like eachother, or whatever.. They've turned the ball over on lazy passes as well, that have resulted in Denver points.. They just have no Umph... There gonna get blasted by the Thunder if they even beat the Nuggets which is no given..</P>

I don't even have to watch the rest of this Nuggets/Lakers game to see what the series is.. Its 2-2, with the nuggets as confident as all hell... </P>

nycsportzfan
05-07-2012, 12:00 AM
wow, Bynum choking the game away.. Dude just missed 2striaght FT's...lol Man, i've seen enough choke job FT missing today, to last a lifetime... How do u miss both FT's when your up 2 with 1.43min to go? Jesus! Give ur team a break! Its exactly why i would never want blake griffin on the knicks...

nycsportzfan
05-07-2012, 12:03 AM
89-86 Laker lead with 46seconds to go.. Whos gonna miss crucial FT's down the stretch of this one? U know its gonna happen... Sessions drilled a clutch 3 to get the lead..

nycsportzfan
05-07-2012, 01:45 AM
wow, Bynum choking the game away.. Dude just missed 2striaght FT's...lol Man, i've seen enough choke job FT missing today, to last a lifetime... How do u miss both FT's when your up 2 with 1.43min to go? Jesus! Give ur team a break! Its exactly why i would never want blake griffin on the knicks... The lakers pulled it out, but i don't see any way there gonna challenge either San Antonio or Ok City... I'll tell ya what, a Ok City VS S.Antonio Confrence Finals will be one of the most anticipated Series of all time, just based on pure parity.. U just dont know how that series will play out? To me, San Antonio and Ok City are the best 2teams in the NBA with Rose begin out... I love it, because the Heat wont get a cheap Ring, as they'll have to beat one of those 2teams in the finals, and i just don't see it happening.. All though, Boston might beat Miami anyhow...

nycsportzfan
05-07-2012, 02:42 AM
I was just watching the Knicks VS Heat GAME 5 final game of series in 1999.. The Allan Houston game winning shot, game... The game we became the first 8seed to knock off a 1seed, and we did iit on the road to boot... What a talented team we had.. I forgot how good that team was, with Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson, Pat Ewing, Marcus Camby, Charlie Ward, Kurt Thomas, and Chris Childs.. </P>

THe reason i brought this game up, is becuase of my fave all time player PAT EWINGS postgame interview with Jim Grey... Just look at what this super underrated talent, patrick ewing said.. This dudes just the man!!!</P>

</P>

Jim Grey- Patrick, how'd u get through this game, u could barley walk, and hardly breath?</P>

Pat Ewing- I just had to suck it up. </P>

</P>

Thats freaking awesome!! </P>

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Good start to the game so far.. Knicks seem willing to pass the ball right outta the gates, which is good.. Hopefully T.Chandler can have a big game, as hes due for a 13pt 15reb 3blck 3asst type game...

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Good start to the game so far.. Knicks seem willing to pass the ball right outta the gates, which is good.. Hopefully T.Chandler can have a big game, as hes due for a 13pt 15reb 3blck 3asst type game... Man, Tyson Chandler makes way to many lazy plays.. I don't care what anyone says.. Dude was coming in for a layup for Miami, and chandler assumed it was going in and went outta bounds for inbounds pass and it was missed.. THank God Mike Bibby played it out and was there for the rebound... THen he gets blocked like 3times going up for dunks, once by lebron james....Hes gotta stop making those kinda plays man.. Hes not done anything this series outside of a few nice blocks..

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Another play where chandler dosen't even leave his feet on missed shot by heat and basically gives offensive rebound to Joel anthony which leads to 3pter for Mike Miller... </P>

Come on Chandler!!! Get in this game!!! No impact at all!</P>

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Did Tyson Chandler play in this series?</P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I could do what Jr Smith does in the NBA.. Its not hard to come in and miss 10 of 14 shots or whatever...lol Talk about a guy shooting, where u just sit back and pray its going in..lol Gotta say, i'm not gonna miss him, when someone overpays by about 20million in the offseason for his services of bricking shot after shot after shot...</P>

</P>

Also, Tyson Chandler has scored 1pt or less in 3games all ready which is pretty remarkable, even if hes not a scorer.. Hes also only had double digit rebounds one time as well... Basically, hes done nothing..</P>

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Chandler just allowed a offensive rebound to chalmers..lol

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
STOP SHOOTING SMITH!!!!!!!!! JESUS!!!!</P>

giantyankee1976
05-09-2012, 08:37 PM
the Skeet ball movement is killing them.

I hope we address the defensive woes during the off-season. We seem like we always get killed on the boards and give up way too many 2nd chance shots.

tripleaamin9
05-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Well outside of a crazy run this is the end. There was too many changes and too much drama. We need a legitimate backup center (maybe Marcus Camby) and hopefully we can sign Nash for the MLE.

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
the Skeet ball movement is killing them.

I hope we address the defensive woes during the off-season. We seem like we always get killed on the boards and give up way too many 2nd chance shots.
I hope we get some consistent offense.. U can't do it with what we got... Our defense has been decent, our offense has been dreadful in this sereies...

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Well outside of a crazy run this is the end. There was too many changes and too much drama. We need a legitimate backup center (maybe Marcus Camby) and hopefully we can sign Nash for the MLE.
Ya, this is the end.. We got yet another no show for Tyson Chandler, and pretty much no one has done anything special, and its Carmello or nothing.. We'll be lucky to score 85 points tonight..

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Melo just fouled Battier on a 3pt shot..lol How can u foul a guy when u know you cna't give up anything else, points wise? Is it that hard to not foul the guy on a 3pt shot? TO me, that is just unaceptable..

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 09:12 PM
THe heat pull up for a fast break 3pter and miss and Chandler dosen't even leave his feet for the rebound and gives up a offensive board to Anthony again...LOLThere is no way CHandler should of gotten Defensive player of the yr... I've seen stuff like that all yr long.. He litteraly hasen't even left his feet and given up like 6offensive rebounds or rebounds in general just by not going for it at all... Then he tries acting like he didn't know Anthony was there..lol Who cares if he was, u still gotta go for the rebound thats right next to u! Jesus!

nycsportzfan
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Tyson CHandler straight up quit.. A pass coming to him was tipped, but he easily could of reached for it and grabbed it, and he just let wade come from like 4feet further adn grab it, and didn't even make a move towards the ball.. Thats freaking annoying!

giantyankee1976
05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
well, my fellow fans.

I think we know that Melo, Stat, Chandler, Novak, Shump, Harrelson stay.

We really need a legit PG and some athletes off the bench that can score consistently.

Fields and Lin I'm on a fence about. Bibby should stay or Davis for experience at tbe Point but we need someone with ball skills at the 1 Guard regardless.

NYCsportz: Defense-wise I don't think we really are OK either, the rebounds, offensive and defensively are just pitiful.

They consistently get out-hustled with respect to rebounding and second-chance shots.

It's just not going to work.

The good side?

I think this Team is headed in the right direction under Woodson.

Just get him the pieces he need to get this Squad balanced and popping.

my god, I hate Lebron, Bosh and the mother ****ing Skeet !!!

bigblue58
05-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm not saying that Jeremy Lin would have been a life saver or a miracle worker, but when he was out on the floor, he did a good job at the point guard position, moving the ball around, and without him or another legit point guard, Carmelo Anthony hogged the damn ball......and thats why the Knicks lost!
What good is Anthony scoring 40 if everyone else scores in the single digits because Melo won't give anyone else a damned shot?
It's no mystery why the Knicks lost.....Carmelo wants to be a team of one and that just doesn't work!

EliTE
05-10-2012, 01:04 PM
you're right, melo should stop scoring at a 50% clip and pass it to our other great scorers, you know, guys like... um... wait there is no one else.

i can't stand idiotic comments like this. melo passed the ball A TON. did you not watch any games? if guys on our team could make wide open shots melo would have averaged over 5 assists this year.

i think what some people don't realize is that melo taking a bad shot over a double team has a better chance of going in than pretty much everyone else on the team taking a wide open set shot (other than novak)

melo wanted to be a team of one? lol where do you get this stuff? spoon fed by the media or what? melo takes a lot of shots because he recognizes NO ONE else on the team is capable of doing anything with the ball.

JR smith shooting step back 21 foot 2pointers is the knicks only offense other than melo. no one else on the team can get their own shot, how hard is it to see?

during "linsanity" the knicks were beating bad teams and lin is annointed as this great player but when melo was putting in work in april and the knicks were beating good teams he gets no credit for that.

it's funny that woodson will call plays for melo to iso yet when he does it he gets blamed for being a ball hog, do you not recognize that the coach was calling plays for him because he's our only player worth a damn?