PDA

View Full Version : NY Knicks 2011-12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

yoeddy
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
well, my fellow fans.

I think we know that Melo, Stat, Chandler, Novak, Shump, Harrelson stay.

We really need a legit PG and some athletes off the bench that can score consistently.

Fields and Lin I'm on a fence about. Bibby should stay or Davis for experience at tbe Point but we need someone with ball skills at the 1 Guard regardless.

NYCsportz:* Defense-wise I don't think we really are OK either, the rebounds, offensive and defensively are just pitiful.

They consistently get out-hustled with respect to rebounding and second-chance shots.

It's just not going to work.

The good side?

I think this Team is headed in the right direction under Woodson.

Just get him the pieces he need to get this Squad balanced and popping.

my god, I hate Lebron, Bosh and the mother ****ing Skeet !!!

Davis will be out for a full year. Bibby wasn't getting it done before Linsanity, not sure what would lead anyone to believe he could get it done next year.

Would love to see Lin get a shot, but would be fine with bringing a veteran for him to learn from and have Lin play 15-20 minutes per game.

All that said, I am not a fan of Melo-ball....

yoeddy
05-10-2012, 02:11 PM
you're right, melo should stop scoring at a 50% clip and pass it to our other great scorers, you know, guys like... um... wait there is no one else.

i can't stand idiotic comments like this. melo passed the ball A TON. did you not watch any games? if guys on our team could make wide open shots melo would have averaged over 5 assists this year.

i think what some people don't realize is that melo taking a bad shot over a double team has a better chance of going in than pretty much everyone else on the team taking a wide open set shot (other than novak)

No one makes their shots when Melo passes the ball because no one is expecting the pass...they all just stand around, and Melo passes only after he figures out that the defense has him covered.

EliTE
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
thats ridiculous, not expecting the pass? we ran tons of iso plays for melo where he kicked it out to guys expecting the pass but simply missed. the knicks have no shooters on the team it's that simple. yet people get mad at melo for asserting himself offensively? melo doesn't pass once he knows the D has him covered, he passes once he has drawn the defense in which is exactly what he should do, problem is no one on our team can shoot other than novak who is a liability in every single other aspect of basketball.

i just did a quick check and sure enough, other than the small sample size of jeremy lin and baron davis (both point guards), melo averaged more assists than anyone else on the team. strange for a ball hog to lead the team in assists, and like i said, if guys could make open shots melo would have averaged close to 5 assists this year because he passed A TON. more than i would like in fact, several times i recall him passing to guys who would just miss the shot and i would say to the TV "just shoot melo" because no one else on the team could score the ball period.

the knicks offensive options are either let melo do what he does, or watch amare bumble to the ball away to the other team, watch chandler miss an easy layup, watch fields brick an open shot or watch jr take a stupid fade away 21 foot 2 pointer. do you guys actually watch the games or do you eat up the garbage the media spoon feeds you?

yoeddy
05-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Novak and Smith were hitting tons of shots when there was ball movement on offense. When Melo has the ball, there is no movement....and that means that no one is getting open shots; they are just standing around, and when the ball gets to them, there are 3 second left on the clock, a defender right on them, and they have no opportunity to get a good shot off. This is *exactly* what happens when you "run tons of isos"...it's not team ball..

Chandler has been vocal about this...the whole team saw the difference with Lin at PG.

And no...I stopped watching the games when it became obvious that Melo was going to score 40 and everyone else was going to be in single digits. Am not a fan of 1-on-5 basketball...

yoeddy
05-10-2012, 03:14 PM
btw - it's not strange for a ball-hog to lead the team in assists. Marbury used to lead teams in assists. It's because no one else has a chance to make an assist because they very rarely handle the ball...

EliTE
05-10-2012, 03:51 PM
i dont want to insult a fellow giant fan but it's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. the knicks "ran tons of isos for melo" because that was their only option to score the ball effectively with no point guard and no other player that can create their own offense.

under woodson the knicks ran plenty of set plays to emphasize "ball movement" and "teamwork" the problem was our guards were so pitiful and the overall lack of team chemistry led to a broken play 9/10 times with JR or melo being the "bail out" guy who had to force something with the shot clock running out.

"novak and smith were hitting tons of shots..."

JR had like 1 good game as a knick and it was against boston, a game in which the knicks ran the offense through melo in the post isolating and kicking it out, very similar to what the orlando magic do with dwight. novak was a bench player his entire career for a reason, all he can do is shoot, literally... he can't play defense, rebound, pass, get open, etc.

the whole team noticed a difference with lin because the team FINALLY HAD A COMPETENT POINT GUARD. it had nothing to do with melo hogging the ball. the few games melo played with lin he took like 8 shots a game and we were losing, what was going on then? ball movement and team work doesn't work when your team consists of scrubs.

in case you didnt notice, the knicks were arguably the best team in the entire league in the month of april, during that month the knicks ran their offense through melo isolating in the post. it is NOT 1 on 5 basketball if melo is drawing double teams and passing the ball to the weak side which is exactly what he did the majority of the time.

i don't understand the marbury comment since he is a point guard...

some of you melo haters make it seem like melo takes 30 shots because he wants to inflate his stats or something, the reality is he realizes he is the teams best and only option at scoring the ball, that's his job, to score the basketball. he is one of if not the best isolation player in the league, to ignore his ability to score in isolation would be foolish just to get more shots for scrubs like fields and jeffries.

the whole linsanity thing is hilarious to me, the knicks won a handful of games in a row, the majority of which were close games against lottery bound teams and everyone turned on melo as if he was the reason the team was strugging. did you not watch the knicks in april?

it's hard to emphasize ball movement and teamwork when there is no team chemistry and no decent point guard.

EliTE
05-10-2012, 05:30 PM
And no...I stopped watching the games when it became obvious that Melo was going to score 40 and everyone else was going to be in single digits. Am not a fan of 1-on-5 basketball...that's too bad... you missed the best stretch of knicks basketball in over a decade... but i guess since melo was the main reason for the success you want no part of it.

giantyankee1976
05-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I have no beef with Melo.

But their tempo on Defense was terrible. The ball movement from the Skeet killed them, when they tried o contest a shot many times the ball was already leaving the finger tips of the Heat player...

I want to see this team with pieces that Woodson wants and that fit his scheme.

For what it's worth I have no beef with Lin either. He just needs to step up his ball-handling skills as well as practice on moving both left and right with the crossovers and so on.

Redeyejedi
05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
And no...I stopped watching the games when it became obvious that Melo was going to score 40 and everyone else was going to be in single digits. Am not a fan of 1-on-5 basketball...that's too bad... you missed the best stretch of knicks basketball in over a decade... but i guess since melo was the main reason for the success you want no part of it.Melo was great in April . The thing that worries me about this Knick team is they have no flexibility to surround him with capable players. I dont think Lin is the answer to the Knicks PG problems and unfortunately they are going to be tied to him. No way they let the money he generates get away . He will eat up the whole mid level leaving us with zero chance of bringing in anyone to help this team. The Knicks will have zero capable SG's on the team to start the season. Landry Fields is awful and would not surprise me if he is completely out of the NBA in a year or 2. The Shumpert injury kills the Knicks for next season. I think he was on his way to being 1 of the best combo guards in the NBA but who knows now.I really think this will be the teams fate the next few years and not because of Melo but because he wont have any help. I would love to trade Amare for a SG and a stretch 4 but its not happening

yoeddy
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM
And no...I stopped watching the games when it became obvious that Melo was going to score 40 and everyone else was going to be in single digits. Am not a fan of 1-on-5 basketball...that's too bad... you missed the best stretch of knicks basketball in over a decade... but i guess since melo was the main reason for the success you want no part of it.

I think that says more about what Knicks basketball has been in the last decade than anything else. That said, the stretch of Linsanity was far better basketball than Melo-ball...

nycsportzfan
05-11-2012, 06:39 PM
well, my fellow fans.

I think we know that Melo, Stat, Chandler, Novak, Shump, Harrelson stay.

We really need a legit PG and some athletes off the bench that can score consistently.

Fields and Lin I'm on a fence about. Bibby should stay or Davis for experience at tbe Point but we need someone with ball skills at the 1 Guard regardless.

NYCsportz: Defense-wise I don't think we really are OK either, the rebounds, offensive and defensively are just pitiful.

They consistently get out-hustled with respect to rebounding and second-chance shots.

It's just not going to work.

The good side?

I think this Team is headed in the right direction under Woodson.

Just get him the pieces he need to get this Squad balanced and popping.

my god, I hate Lebron, Bosh and the mother ****ing Skeet !!!

Ya, i can see where we need better defense, but lets not think our offense is OK either.. Untill Stat and Melo play solid basketball together on teh same court, i don't know if we'll ever have enough offense consistently.. U can't have that much invested in 2players, and have them not playing well at the same time.. On the rare occasions they both have solid to big games, we do well..</P>

Also, i don't know if i'd be so sure Novak is gonna be back.. We have no money, and are gonna have to re-sign Jeremey Lin, which will cost some coin outta our mid level exception.. Hopefully now that Lin didn't play and got injured, he'll be a bit cheaper... </P>

A guy i'd love to add if possible would be Marco Bellinelli..Bellinelli would fit nicely as the starting SG on this team, with Shump working his way back... Also, Bellinelli can do a bit more on the court then Novak, whos strickly a shooter..Bellinelli isn't the greatest defender by any stretch, but moves around better then Novak, and offers a bit more of a "overall" game... Another Hornet i think would fit nicely on this team is Carl Landry.. Landry could be Stats backup, and gives us some grittiness off the bench, and could give us a bit of offense off the bench as well as rebounding.. I think he'd be a upgrade over Harrellson and Jeffries...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
And no...I stopped watching the games when it became obvious that Melo was going to score 40 and everyone else was going to be in single digits. Am not a fan of 1-on-5 basketball...that's too bad... you missed the best stretch of knicks basketball in over a decade... but i guess since melo was the main reason for the success you want no part of it.Melo was great in April . The thing that worries me about this Knick team is they have no flexibility to surround him with capable players. I dont think Lin is the answer to the Knicks PG problems and unfortunately they are going to be tied to him. No way they let the money he generates get away . He will eat up the whole mid level leaving us with zero chance of bringing in anyone to help this team. The Knicks will have zero capable SG's on the team to start the season. Landry Fields is awful and would not surprise me if he is completely out of the NBA in a year or 2. The Shumpert injury kills the Knicks for next season. I think he was on his way to being 1 of the best combo guards in the NBA but who knows now.I really think this will be the teams fate the next few years and not because of Melo but because he wont have any help. I would love to trade Amare for a SG and a stretch 4 but its not happening U think theres any chance that Lin gets less of the mid level seeing how he got hurt and didn't really play all that well right before being injured? Its not like he was playing liek he did when he first burst on the scene there.. I would love to add Carl Landry or Marco bellinelli to this team , as well as Jeremey Lin.. THen hopefully we can draft Jordan Taylor or Orlando Johnson in the draft 2nd rd... I know theres not a whole lot we can do this offseason, but hopefully we make a couple moves that are more bang for your buck...

tripleaamin9
05-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Now it is being expected that J.R. Smith will accept his option.

Redeyejedi
05-12-2012, 11:12 AM
And no...I stopped watching the games when it became obvious that Melo was going to score 40 and everyone else was going to be in single digits. Am not a fan of 1-on-5 basketball...that's too bad... you missed the best stretch of knicks basketball in over a decade... but i guess since melo was the main reason for the success you want no part of it.Melo was great in April . The thing that worries me about this Knick team is they have no flexibility to surround him with capable players. I dont think Lin is the answer to the Knicks PG problems and unfortunately they are going to be tied to him. No way they let the money he generates get away . He will eat up the whole mid level leaving us with zero chance of bringing in anyone to help this team. The Knicks will have zero capable SG's on the team to start the season. Landry Fields is awful and would not surprise me if he is completely out of the NBA in a year or 2. The Shumpert injury kills the Knicks for next season. I think he was on his way to being 1 of the best combo guards in the NBA but who knows now.I really think this will be the teams fate the next few years and not because of Melo but because he wont have any help. I would love to trade Amare for a SG and a stretch 4 but its not happening* U think theres any chance that Lin gets less of the mid level seeing how he got hurt and didn't really play all that well right before being injured? Its not like he was playing liek he did when he first burst on the scene there..* I would love to add Carl Landry or Marco bellinelli to this team , as well as Jeremey Lin..** THen hopefully we can draft Jordan Taylor or Orlando Johnson in the draft 2nd rd...* I know theres not a whole lot we can do this offseason, but hopefully we make a couple moves that are more bang for your buck...He will get the whole thing because of marketing. He makes a lot of money for whatever team that signs him even if he is just mediocre. Asians will support him

nycsportzfan
05-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Who was that guy i arged with on here before the draft last yr, that was hell bent on KENNETH FARIED not being good in the pros, and i gave him every possible reason why i would love to have em, and he could basically only come back with hes from a small school and won't be able to score at all??? </P>

</P>

Uhhh, DUDE U WERE WRONG!</P>

smashndash715
05-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Hes a big part of denvers team

Redeyejedi
05-13-2012, 12:13 AM
*Who was that guy i arged with on here before the draft last yr, that was hell bent on KENNETH FARIED not being good in the pros, and i gave him every possible reason why i would love to have em, and he could basically only come back with hes from a small school and won't be able to score at all??? </P>

*</P>

Uhhh,* DUDE U WERE WRONG!</P>It looks like Shump had a higher ceiling but Faired will be a 10 year Vet

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Who was that guy i arged with on here before the draft last yr, that was hell bent on KENNETH FARIED not being good in the pros, and i gave him every possible reason why i would love to have em, and he could basically only come back with hes from a small school and won't be able to score at all??? </P>

</P>

It looks like Shump had a higher ceiling but Faired will be a 10 year Vet Ya, i love shump, and liked em going into the draft last yr, and said i think he'll be a better shooter once hes in the pros, becuase he won't have to be the teams sole offensive threat, shooting bad shots at times, becuase of it.. </P>

But, Faried was the other guy i just loved.. Faried would of fit in perfectly as bench hustle and rebounding, and he scores around the rim alot better then some expected...</P>

This yr, i'm hoping we can somehow get our hands on Jordan Taylor PG Wisconsin in RD 2, or possibly Orlando Johnson SG/SF Cal Santa Barbra...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 12:25 AM
A couple of FA's i'd be interested in if i were the knicks, and they were affordable would be Jerryd Bayless(even though hes more of a scorer, hes still solid, can start, and hit the outside shot, and is great in the open court), Willie Green SG/SF(i wanted em last yr, and think he'd be good offense off the bench, and has awide body which allows him to out muscle smaller guards, Marco Bellinelli( starting expierence, can shoot the 3, can lead the team in scoring on occasion when others don't got it), Carl Landry SF/PF( Can score and rebound)....</P>

</P>

We probably won't be able to afford those guys though...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 12:28 AM
If i'm a laker fan, i'm more then annoyed with Gasol.. Hes the main reason there in this situation, and now that hes finally peeved off about being call a weakling, hes playing like a beast! Where is it, when your not being called a Wuss???lol Between Gasol and Stat, i don't know who's more of a lazy fool, but when driven, can kill it!

Redeyejedi
05-13-2012, 12:30 AM
*Who was that guy i arged with on here before the draft last yr, that was hell bent on KENNETH FARIED not being good in the pros, and i gave him every possible reason why i would love to have em, and he could basically only come back with hes from a small school and won't be able to score at all??? </P>

*</P>

Uhhh,* DUDE U WERE WRONG!</P>

It looks like Shump had a higher ceiling but Faired will be a 10 year Vet Ya, i love shump, and liked em going into the draft last yr, and said i think he'll be a better shooter once hes in the pros, becuase he won't have to be the teams sole offensive threat, shooting bad shots at times, becuase of it.. </P>

But, Faried was the other guy i just loved..* Faried would of fit in perfectly as bench hustle and rebounding, and he scores around the rim alot better then some expected...</P>

This yr, i'm hoping we can somehow get our hands on* Jordan Taylor PG Wisconsin in RD 2, or possibly Orlando Johnson SG/SF Cal Santa Barbra...</P>I under estimated how good of a on ball defender Shump is. His jumper isnt very good biut either is Rajon Rondo and he is pretty damn good

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 12:39 AM
If i'm a laker fan, i'm more then annoyed with Gasol.. Hes the main reason there in this situation, and now that hes finally peeved off about being call a weakling, hes playing like a beast! Where is it, when your not being called a Wuss???lol Between Gasol and Stat, i don't know who's more of a lazy fool, but when driven, can kill it! I spoke to soon..lol Both Gasol and Bynum just can not tip a basketball in for the lakers.. THey tower over the nuggets at times, and continue to miss easy tip in after easy tip in... Its remarkable to watch.. Kenneth Faried has played every bit as big as both Bynum and Gasol, and i would say, even bigger most of the time.. Bynum needs to look in the mirror and see if he likes what is staring back at him...

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 12:41 AM

</P>

But, Faried was the other guy i just loved.. Faried would of fit in perfectly as bench hustle and rebounding, and he scores around the rim alot better then some expected...</P>

This yr, i'm hoping we can somehow get our hands on Jordan Taylor PG Wisconsin in RD 2, or possibly Orlando Johnson SG/SF Cal Santa Barbra...</P>I under estimated how good of a on ball defender Shump is. His jumper isnt very good biut either is Rajon Rondo and he is pretty damn good The thing with Shump is, its getting better... Hes also got 3pt range, which Rondo obviously does not.. To be honest, i feel pretty confident when Shumpert shoots the ball, more so then i do when Jr Smith for that matter...

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Boy Laker fans sure aren't happy with ramon sessions either.. They basically hate em..LOL

aznNYG86
05-13-2012, 05:49 PM
If the Knicks trade Lin to one of their division rival like the Raptors or Nets, then the Knicks are nothing but a laughing stock.

tripleaamin9
05-13-2012, 09:51 PM
I wonder if the Knicks could get Andre Miller to backup Lin.

TrueBlue@NYC
05-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I think the knicks are heading in the right direction, and with a full offseason with Woodson will only improve.

It can't be understated how much this team went through this year, and while they may have lost in the first round, at least it was to probably the best team in the conference.

While alot here are looking for help outside, don't forget how young this team is overall and how much they can improve.

Fields, Shump, Harrelson and Lin are all very young players, and should only get better. Especially as shooters.

Redeyejedi
05-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Supposed to be ruling on Bird Rights this week. A Chance the Knicks may be able to retain Lin and Novaks rights which would allow them to resign them without cap ramifications . Means the Knicks would be able to keep them and still have the mid level and Low Level

Redeyejedi
05-17-2012, 01:40 AM
How awesome is Thunder GM Sam Presti. We should get a mole in there organization. Look at the players he has drafted, insane

EliTE
05-17-2012, 05:08 PM
look at how high they drafted tho... other than ibaka their good players were all high picks...

they're lucky the trailblazers took oden over durant otherwise their franchise could be completely different right now.

GmenFan1980
05-17-2012, 10:37 PM
WOW. Are the heat really going to lose to the Pacers?

Maybe Chris Bosh should have been the MVP lol

Redeyejedi
05-17-2012, 10:38 PM
WOW. Are the heat really going to lose to the Pacers?

Maybe Chris Bosh should have been the MVP lolIm really enjoying the Heat getting killed

Redeyejedi
05-17-2012, 10:54 PM
If u have a legitimate post presence u can smash the Heat inside. Are best post player is Melo whom Lebron can guard. Chandler has no offensive game. I think we have to try to get Howard from Orlando

tripleaamin9
05-18-2012, 08:48 AM
It could happen because he wants out. Mavs don't have the assets to trade. Nets are going to loss D-Will and so they go into full rebuilding mode. If Phil Jackson were to come here that is a move he would ask to happen.

GmenFan1980
05-19-2012, 06:14 PM
wow what a rebound by the spurs :o.

Clippers are finished if they don't win this game

tripleaamin9
05-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Spurs are the best team in the NBA and I don't really think it is close IMO

Redeyejedi
05-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Man this arbitration hearing is huge for the Knicks future, If they rule in are favor and we have Lin and Novaks bird rights we may be able to field a stronger roster next season. If they rule against us good shot we will be an 7th ,8th seed again. We would be able to have are mid level and Low level plus keep Lin,Novak,Fields. Also lots of talk about us buying a draft pick but we cant. The Knicks already used the 3 million dollars in the Chandler deal so buying a pick is out.

tripleaamin9
05-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Mike Woodson reportedly will sign a long term deal sometime this week.

Redeyejedi
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Knicks have got the biggest win in years today as Lin and Novak have been awarded their bird rights. The Knicks now can sign them without using the mid level or low level

nycsportzfan
06-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Knicks have got the biggest win in years today as Lin and Novak have been awarded their bird rights. The Knicks now can sign them without using the mid level or low level So realistacally, who does that give us a chance of signing? Would that give us enough to possibly go after Jason Terry? Jameer Nelson would be a great pickup because hes not super old like Kidd and A.Miller.. I'd like to sign both Nelson and B.Rush if possible...

Redeyejedi
06-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Knicks have got the biggest win in years today as Lin and Novak have been awarded their bird rights. The Knicks now can sign them without using the mid level or low level So realistacally, who does that give us a chance of signing?** Would that give us enough to possibly go after* Jason Terry?* Jameer Nelson would be a great pickup because hes not super old like Kidd and A.Miller..*** I'd like to sign both* Nelson and B.Rush if possible... What sux is the NBA is appealing and many believe they will win. They think the arbitrator didnt rule on the rule properly.We really need this to have any chance of competing with the Heat.

Knicks primary need is SG. I can not take Landry FIelds playing 30 minutes at the 2 anymore. The Knicks need a shooter next to Melo at the 2. Knicks have been trying to trade him for a late first. Id like to see OJ Mayo but he is a RFA doubt we could get him.I dont mind if JR Smith stays but only if he plays for 2.5 million he signed for.He is 26 plays solid defense and is a trade able asset 1 which the Knicks dont have many of. Last year was his worst shooting year. If he bounces back he could be a complete steal. I honestly dont see the Knicks doing much better the Smith for 2.5 million value wise. If he stays the he becomes a Birds rights player next year.
Next is back up PG. Jason Kidd could be an option with him purchasing a house in NY. If the Nets dont build a contender he could very well end up on the Knicks. Its about money though. Im not crazy about giving him much of are MLE. Doubt we can get him at Vets min but if we could Id be alright with it.

I still think we should look into trading Amare if we could get back a starting SG and a mediocre PF. Houston Scola and Martin first rounder isnt a bad deal

nycsportzfan
06-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Knicks have got the biggest win in years today as Lin and Novak have been awarded their bird rights. The Knicks now can sign them without using the mid level or low level So realistacally, who does that give us a chance of signing? Would that give us enough to possibly go after Jason Terry? Jameer Nelson would be a great pickup because hes not super old like Kidd and A.Miller.. I'd like to sign both Nelson and B.Rush if possible... What sux is the NBA is appealing and many believe they will win. They think the arbitrator didnt rule on the rule properly.We really need this to have any chance of competing with the Heat. Knicks primary need is SG. I can not take Landry FIelds playing 30 minutes at the 2 anymore. The Knicks need a shooter next to Melo at the 2. Knicks have been trying to trade him for a late first. Id like to see OJ Mayo but he is a RFA doubt we could get him.I dont mind if JR Smith stays but only if he plays for 2.5 million he signed for.He is 26 plays solid defense and is a trade able asset 1 which the Knicks dont have many of. Last year was his worst shooting year. If he bounces back he could be a complete steal. I honestly dont see the Knicks doing much better the Smith for 2.5 million value wise. If he stays the he becomes a Birds rights player next year. Next is back up PG. Jason Kidd could be an option with him purchasing a house in NY. If the Nets dont build a contender he could very well end up on the Knicks. Its about money though. Im not crazy about giving him much of are MLE. Doubt we can get him at Vets min but if we could Id be alright with it. I still think we should look into trading Amare if we could get back a starting SG and a mediocre PF. Houston Scola and Martin first rounder isnt a bad deal Not according to Union Lawyer Ron Klempner.. He said flat out, "YES", Novak and Lin will have there bird rights by the time FA'cy opens up in July... </P>

I'm still hoping they get Jameer Nelson and Brandon Rush...Kidd would be solid for a yr or so as well.. I like the trade propositon u proposed and would be all for that... Also, maybe Amare to Millwaukee for Monta Ellis and Drew Gooden would be solid...</P>

nycsportzfan
06-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Some very interesting prospects have worked out for the knicks so far, and even though a few of em aren't on to many mock draft boards, u know that don't matter to the knicks, as they'll pick who they really like, (see landry fields and Andy Rautins)...</P>

</P>

They have worked out </P>

</P>

Marcus Denmon SG Mizzo- This guy is one of the guys i think could be a sleeper in this draft and he kinda reminds me of a bit more athletic version of the Spurs Gary Neal.. He can shoot the 3 lights out, and also athletic enough to get to the rim, and he makes FT's at a pretty good pace.. Hes definetly a guy i'd like to see get drafted by us in RD 2... </P>

Erving Walker PG Florida- Very short floor general, whos really tough, and has 3point distance in his arsenal.. I'd be surprised if the knicks picked Walker, but u never do know.. Can really dish it...</P>

Oscar Bellfield PG/SG UNLV- Kinda a combo guard, but mostly a PG, who can score a bit, and shoot the 3, and plays really good defense.. I would think hes a longshot to be picked...</P>

Jaymychael Green PF Alabama- Another guy i woulden't mind seeing get picked by us.. He is explosive and strong, and can block shots, and is decent FT shooter for the kinda player he is, and was the best player on NCAA tourney team Alabama... Could use some work overall on his offensive game, but can leap outta the gym, and really rebound...</P>

Chris Smith G Louisville- JR's bro.. No way we pick him.. Hes nothing to special, all though hes had moments at louisville.. Probably just being nice to JR by working him out..</P>

Robbie Hummell SF Purdue- This guy would actually be a solid pick for us.. Hes a very good shooter and scorer, and has a bit of size to grab some boards, and is a good FT shooter... Could be Mike Dunleavy like asa pro.. I feel Hummell is a bit underrated...</P>

</P>

Theres a few other guys we've worked out, but this gives u the idea were looking for a guy who probably can shoot from the peremiter, and a guy like Green is possibly a BPA situation the knicks might be preparing for.. Outta all the guys above i mentioned, i'd hope for Denmon first and then Green, followed by Hummell...</P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
06-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Rumours of Randy Foye possibly wanting to join the knciks.. I really like the idea.. He can shoot the 3 and really defend, and play some PG... Theres nights he can really take over or be the all important 3scorer to Melo and Amare or whoever...

Redeyejedi
06-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Rumours of Randy Foye possibly wanting to join the knciks.. I really like the idea.. He can shoot the 3 and really defend, and play some PG... Theres nights he can really take over or be the all important 3scorer to Melo and Amare or whoever...He is in his prime 2. Arguing with people over at the Knicks board. They all want these older players with the mid level sighting experience.Those guys might have 1 year left. Guys like Foye and Smith on low ball deals can be traded as well.Players at that age could still become better basketball players why vets 35+ are only getting worse. I still wonder if we could trade Amare to Washington for the 3rd pick.

nycsportzfan
06-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Rumours of Randy Foye possibly wanting to join the knciks.. I really like the idea.. He can shoot the 3 and really defend, and play some PG... Theres nights he can really take over or be the all important 3scorer to Melo and Amare or whoever...He is in his prime 2. Arguing with people over at the Knicks board. They all want these older players with the mid level sighting experience.Those guys might have 1 year left. Guys like Foye and Smith on low ball deals can be traded as well.Players at that age could still become better basketball players why vets 35+ are only getting worse. I still wonder if we could trade Amare to Washington for the 3rd pick. oh, i'm with u 100pct.. I've been saying that.. Jason Kidd is a decent option, but if u seen him last yr, he not only was injured often, he wasen't nearly as good as he'd been.. He really is in the midst of losing his skill.. Nash was always having to be rested for big chunks of games, and now will be another yr older.. I'd just assume get a younger, fresher guy, like a Randy Foye, who will mix in nicely as another offensive threat and shooter, and also defender, who if he does well with us, could be around for awhile possibly.. Kidd and them could retire at any point if things don't go there way this season, or even if they do...</P>

</P>

I don't really care for the players perdicted to go in the 3-6range, where the WIZ are picking.. Not a huge fan of harrison barnes, bradley beal, or Kidd-Gilchrist... I love Thomas Robinson, but he'll be gone pick number 2, and i also really like Austin Rivers, but its early to pick him... Trading Amare to the Raptors for a Player and there first rder, would be great in my opinon..Maybe Demar Derozan and the Raptors first rd pick for Amare? </P>

Redeyejedi
06-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Amare Stoudamire is working with Hakeem Olajuwon this offseason to develop a post game. Chandler may be joining him as well. Melo dropped 12 pounds already. Im actually encouraged by whats going on right now

nycsportzfan
06-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Amare Stoudamire is working with Hakeem Olajuwon this offseason to develop a post game. Chandler may be joining him as well. Melo dropped 12 pounds already. Im actually encouraged by whats going on right nowcertainly not bad news..lol All though, losing Andy Pettitte and CC Sabathia in teh same day is enough bad news for NY Sports in one day..lol I'm eager to know if we got any tricks up our sleeves for tommorow? In a perfect world, we'd find away to make a trade and get Marquis Teague on our team.. Reminds me a bit of Ty Lawson.. I'd be happy if we could get Scott Machado PG Iona as well.. Dude can flat out dish the ball.. Hes probably a early 2nd rder, and Teague probably somewhere in the 20's of rd 1...

nycsportzfan
06-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Amare Stoudamire is working with Hakeem Olajuwon this offseason to develop a post game. Chandler may be joining him as well. Melo dropped 12 pounds already. Im actually encouraged by whats going on right now U know what would be great? To trade Amare for a 1st rder and a player, and then sign Kris Humphries to play PF for us, and obviously u got whoever the player was in Amare trade and the first rder.. That would be sweet!</P>

</P>

The knicks should do what it takes to try and get Marquis Teague in tonights draft.. Hes perdicted to go in the mid to late 20's.. I'd be willing to trade Landry Fields and our 2nd rder, to try and get into that mid 20range to secure Marquis Teague.. He'd fit really well on this team... Like i said before, he really reminds me of Ty Lawson alot.. And even if they don't get teague becasue hes gone, u still got guys like Scott Machado PG Iona(best passer in this draft!), and Tony Wroten PG/SG Washington, and even Draymond Green PF Mich St, whos extremely versatile, and i think is very underrated in this draft.. I think Draymond Green should be a lottery pick.. Thats how highly i think of him...</P>

</P>

At very worst, we should at least try and either get another 2nd rder, preferably in early 2nd rd, or trade up into the early 2nd rd, where Scott Machado will probably be going, and if not him, u still got Tyshawn Taylor PG Kansas.. if we stay put, Jordan Taylor is a good player to pick, as well as Marcus Denmon SG Mizzo...</P>

EliTE
06-28-2012, 07:14 PM
the league and union are working to settle the bird rights dispute... it should work out well for the knicks being able to keep lin, novak, as well as add other players with whatever exemptions we have.

im not ready to give up on amare yet. he showed what he could do in game 1 of the playoffs against boston. then he hurt his back, put on weight expecting to play center and lost even more mobility and his jumper was gone.

im not expecting him to turn into a great defender, but if he can stay healthy and hit those 15-18 foot jumpers next year, it will do wonders for the knicks spacing offensively.

i wouldnt be completely against trading him, but i highly doubt we could get anything of substance for him without including a quality player as well as taking back a bad contract so i dont think it would be worth it. we just have to hope and pray he can regain quality play, then maybe he'll be tradable.

nycsportzfan
06-28-2012, 09:59 PM
sixers just got Moe Harkless outta St Johns.. Hes one of my favorite sleepers in this draft, as far as not as welll known player that will be good.. Not happy to have him in division...

nycsportzfan
06-29-2012, 07:40 AM
wow, disapointed that Scott Machado PG Iona was on the board for the taking, and we took some kid from Czech that probably will never be over here... Machado didn't get picked, oddly enough, so hopefully we get em as a Undrafted free agent, and in for Summer Camp games, or at least Jordan Taylor PG Wisconsin..

nycsportzfan
06-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Another guy i'd be going after if i was the knicks is Gerald Green of the Nets.. He really discovered himself last yr, and is obviously explosive, and his shot was decent, and he gets to the cup and has extreme hops, and on off days from Melo and Amare, can be a guy who can give u 15-20points on any given night.. He'd be really solid wing, and ten times better then Landry Fields...</P>

Willie Green is someone i'd contact as well. A thick frame, who can shoot the rock and score, and would be nice additon off the bench...</P>

I wonder now that the Wiz drafted Bradley Beal, if they'd be willing to deal Jordan Crawford? I'd be willing to give up a future 1st and Landry fields for Jordan Crawford... Start crawford at the 2-guard... </P>

Chandler</P>

Amare</P>

Melo</P>

Crawford</P>

Lin</P>

Redeyejedi
06-29-2012, 08:35 AM
wow, disappointed that* Scott Machado PG Iona was on the board for the taking, and we took some kid from Czech that probably will never be over here...* Machado didn't get picked, oddly enough, so hopefully we get em as a* Undrafted free agent, and in for Summer Camp games, or at least* Jordan Taylor PG Wisconsin..When I read up on him they didn't make it sound like he would be ever playing with the Knicks. They said his contract in Greece will pay him more and come with more guaranteed money then coming to the NBA. He might of threw his hat into the ring to see if he would go first round for the guaranteed money. Now that he isn't he might not ever come

Redeyejedi
06-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Till this day Im having a hard time comprehending just how bad of a trade that was for the Nets and Gerrald Wallace. Why did they trade a lottery pick to obtain Bird rights for a player that wont get a max contract. Couldnt they of easily just signed him as a FA and kept the lottery pick. The only thing thats a benefit is by trading for his bird rights they are able to sign and trade him in the off season instead of having to wait for the deadline. Just dont get how an overpaid Wallace is that great of a trade chip. Magic really want a 4 year 40 million dollar contract on a 30 year old Gerald Wallace. Does trading for Wallace who is going to opt out have any impact on Williams staying. If Williams wants to stay Gerald Wallace isnt changing that fact. If it did make a differance they could just go out and sign Wallace .Just pay him the most which they have to do anyway to keep him now. They would of also had a young player to build around. Can anyone explain to me how this isnt 1 of the dumbest trades of all time.

EliTE
06-29-2012, 06:28 PM
i think the hard salary cap is an issue for the knicks and possibly why they drafted a Euro that won't come over for awhile if at all.

i agree that was a horrible trade by the nets @ redeye. seemed like a desperation move in an attempt to please deron that failed big time.

nycsportzfan
06-30-2012, 01:23 PM
wow, disappointed that Scott Machado PG Iona was on the board for the taking, and we took some kid from Czech that probably will never be over here... Machado didn't get picked, oddly enough, so hopefully we get em as a Undrafted free agent, and in for Summer Camp games, or at least Jordan Taylor PG Wisconsin..When I read up on him they didn't make it sound like he would be ever playing with the Knicks. They said his contract in Greece will pay him more and come with more guaranteed money then coming to the NBA. He might of threw his hat into the ring to see if he would go first round for the guaranteed money. Now that he isn't he might not ever come I agree, that we might not ever see him.. There was a ton of quality players on the board, that could very well be tremendous steals , especially this day and age, when more and more talenented players slip through the cracks.. Scott Machado, Marcus Denmon, Robbie Hummell..etc Those are 3players right there that i think are gonna be good solid NBA players, and all are either shooters, or in Machado's case, a extremely good passing PG.. The spurs got Marcus Denmon, and mark my words, he'll be the next Danny Green, George Hill, or Gary Neal.. Meaning, wetting 3's and being a helpul rotational player..

nycsportzfan
06-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Till this day Im having a hard time comprehending just how bad of a trade that was for the Nets and Gerrald Wallace. Why did they trade a lottery pick to obtain Bird rights for a player that wont get a max contract. Couldnt they of easily just signed him as a FA and kept the lottery pick. The only thing thats a benefit is by trading for his bird rights they are able to sign and trade him in the off season instead of having to wait for the deadline. Just dont get how an overpaid Wallace is that great of a trade chip. Magic really want a 4 year 40 million dollar contract on a 30 year old Gerald Wallace. Does trading for Wallace who is going to opt out have any impact on Williams staying. If Williams wants to stay Gerald Wallace isnt changing that fact. If it did make a differance they could just go out and sign Wallace .Just pay him the most which they have to do anyway to keep him now. They would of also had a young player to build around. Can anyone explain to me how this isnt 1 of the dumbest trades of all time. Agreed, very dumb indeed.. </P>

</P>

I know u mentioned a trade involving the Rockets and Amare, and i was in agreement, but being realistic, Amare is prob not going anywhere.. That said, the Rockets drafted some players they got a gluten of at that positon all ready, and don't have a big man, so in essence, this would probably be a good time to talk to houston, which obviously won't happen, but its a good time.. Royce White could take over for Scola, and Lamb can take over for Martin, and then give us a draft pick and call it a day..</P>

Chandler</P>

Scola</P>

Melo</P>

Martin </P>

Lin</P>

Redeyejedi
06-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Till this day Im having a hard time comprehending just how bad of a trade that was for the Nets and Gerrald Wallace. Why did they trade a lottery pick to obtain Bird rights for a player that wont get a max contract. Couldnt they of easily just signed him as a FA and kept the lottery pick. The only thing thats a benefit is by trading for his bird rights they are able to sign and trade him in the off season instead of having to wait for the deadline. Just dont get how an overpaid Wallace is that great of a trade chip. Magic really want a 4 year 40 million dollar contract on a 30 year old Gerald Wallace. Does trading for Wallace who is going to opt out have any impact on Williams staying. If Williams wants to stay Gerald Wallace isnt changing that fact. If it did make a differance they could just go out and sign Wallace .Just pay him the most which they have to do anyway to keep him now. They would of also had a young player to build around. Can anyone explain to me how this isnt 1 of the dumbest trades of all time. Agreed, very dumb indeed.. </P>

*</P>

I know u mentioned a trade involving the Rockets and Amare, and i was in agreement, but being realistic, Amare is prob not going anywhere..** That said, the Rockets drafted some players they got a gluten of at that positon all ready, and don't have a big man, so in essence, this would probably be a good time to talk to houston, which obviously won't happen, but its a good time..* Royce White could take over for Scola, and Lamb can take over for Martin, and then give us a draft pick and call it a day..</P>

Chandler</P>

Scola</P>

Melo</P>

Martin </P>

Lin</P>
Thats a solid team. U get a another MLE Forward and a lle back up pg and your in buisness

nycsportzfan
07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Its looking like the knciks might end up with Raymond Felton again.. I have no problem with that, seeing how he was so good with Amare when he was here... I wonder how much money it would take to lure Lou Williams away from Philly? That is a guy who would really make our team complete.. He shoots great, and can handle the rock as a PG a bit as well, and is a good FT shooter...I'd like to see a Lou Williams/ Lin backcourt personally over having felton, but felton isn't a bad idea... Randy Foye is still a guy i'd be insterested in if i was NY.. Willie Green and Marco Bellinelli are also guys i'd be interested in...

nycsportzfan
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
so, if we sign Raymond Felton, is that pretty much gonna take up our partial mid level? Is there anyway to squeeze another guy outta that, or no way? I was thinking maybe a guy like Marco Bellinelli or Shannon Brown, or Willie Green...

tripleaamin9
07-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Its looking like the knciks might end up with Raymond Felton again.. I have no problem with that, seeing how he was so good with Amare when he was here... I wonder how much money it would take to lure Lou Williams away from Philly? That is a guy who would really make our team complete.. He shoots great, and can handle the rock as a PG a bit as well, and is a good FT shooter...I'd like to see a Lou Williams/ Lin backcourt personally over having felton, but felton isn't a bad idea... Randy Foye is still a guy i'd be insterested in if i was NY.. Willie Green and Marco Bellinelli are also guys i'd be interested in...

I wouldn't offer him more then the minimum he is really a bad PG right now. He was only good cause he was in a friendly PG system.

nycsportzfan
07-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Landry Fields verbally agrees to offer sheet with the raptors.. 20mill over 3yrs.. Surprised he would get that much doe.. He did some good, but overall, i'm not gonna miss em to much..

THE_New_York_Giants
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Landry Fields verbally agrees to offer sheet with the raptors.. 20mill over 3yrs.. Surprised he would get that much doe.. He did some good, but overall, i'm not gonna miss em to much..
this entire thread is basically a conversation with yourself lmao. One of the 3 last loyal knick fans on the planet!

sharick88
07-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Landry Fields verbally agrees to offer sheet with the raptors..* 20mill over 3yrs..* Surprised he would get that much doe..* He did some good, but overall, i'm not gonna miss em to much..

He was an OK player. C- type of guy. I don't see the knicks matching that offer sheet at all.

nycsportzfan
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
this entire thread is basically a conversation with yourself lmao. One of the 3 last loyal knick fans on the planet!
nah, theres some regular contributors.. i might have the most posts in here, because i tend to get really angry and post multiple posts back to back to vent, but there are a handful of regulars, and they know who they are... </P>

</P>

I am a diehard knicks fan though..lolI can't deny that!</P>

Bohemian
07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
nah, theres some regular contributors.. i might have the most posts in here, because i tend to get really angry and post multiple posts back to back to vent, but there are a handful of regulars, and they know who they are... </p>

</p>

I am a diehard knicks fan though..lolI can't deny that!</p>

Hello Knicks fans. I write because I am from the Toronto area, and am wondering what to make of the Fields deal. I know that he is an underachiever, but have not really seen him play. What kind of player is Fields? I can't say that I am too excited about this deal. It sounds like the Knicks don't really care much for Fields leaving. The raptors have a lot of young talent, but paying so much for what seems to be a back-up is not encouraging.

It is hard not to be a Knicks fan, as I still remember those 90s teams.

nycsportzfan
07-04-2012, 12:33 PM
nah, theres some regular contributors.. i might have the most posts in here, because i tend to get really angry and post multiple posts back to back to vent, but there are a handful of regulars, and they know who they are... </P>

</P>

Hello Knicks fans. I write because I am from the Toronto area, and am wondering what to make of the Fields deal. I know that he is an underachiever, but have not really seen him play. What kind of player is Fields? I can't say that I am too excited about this deal. It sounds like the Knicks don't really care much for Fields leaving. The raptors have a lot of young talent, but paying so much for what seems to be a back-up is not encouraging.

I'd actually disagree.. Fields is probably a overachiever.. He went from supposed to be undrafted to drafted, to the starting lineup.. He played better in Dantoni's uptempo offense, which makes the deal to tornto a bit strange, becuase there a half court offense, and that is not where fields excels.. Hes a terrible FT shooter, and trust me that'll find its way into biting the Raptors in the rear, and his 3pt shot is one of the ugliest 3pt shots ive seen from a guy who takes a decent amount.. I personally am not gonna miss em much.. That said, he excels in hustle plays, and grabbing loose balls and stuff like that.. He also has great hops and can jump outta the gym.. Overall, its way to big a deal for a guy who can't make FT's and can't shoot, but there will be times, he makes u happy with his hustle plays...

EliTE
07-04-2012, 01:30 PM
i think the raptors gave that offer to fields just as an attempt to prevent us from getting nash...

the latest rumors/reports make it seem like nash coming to new york is gonna happen.

the suns were interested in fields as part of a sign and trade deal that would land nash in new york. the raptors knew this and tried to screw us over by overpaying fields which takes him out of the sign and trade. now it looks like shumpert may have to be included in order to get nash here... it's something i'm torn on but it's not like i have any say in the matter.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-04-2012, 01:32 PM
sounds like Nash and Kidd might be in New York next year

Bohemian
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
nah, theres some regular contributors.. i might have the most posts in here, because i tend to get really angry and post multiple posts back to back to vent, but there are a handful of regulars, and they know who they are... </p>

</p>

I am a diehard knicks fan though..lolI can't deny that!</p>

I'd actually disagree.. Fields is probably a overachiever.. He went from supposed to be undrafted to drafted, to the starting lineup.. He played better in Dantoni's uptempo offense, which makes the deal to tornto a bit strange, becuase there a half court offense, and that is not where fields excels.. Hes a terrible FT shooter, and trust me that'll find its way into biting the Raptors in the rear, and his 3pt shot is one of the ugliest 3pt shots ive seen from a guy who takes a decent amount.. I personally am not gonna miss em much.. That said, he excels in hustle plays, and grabbing loose balls and stuff like that.. He also has great hops and can jump outta the gym.. Overall, its way to big a deal for a guy who can't make FT's and can't shoot, but there will be times, he makes u happy with his hustle plays...

It seems that the raptors got themselves a defensive player at an expensive price tag. I just don't understand the deal. The raptors have done well the last couple of year in organizing a good young nucleus, and the Ross pick was a good one. But going after Nash who is way too expensive at a stage when the team is not competing for a championship does not make sense. Plus, adding Fields, who seems to be a huge gamble due to his poor offence seems like a brutal move.

I hope that the Knicks get Nash, so to teach the Raptors front office not to due that again. New York should have a great team next year, with or without Nash.

nycsportzfan
07-04-2012, 08:14 PM

</P>

It seems that the raptors got themselves a defensive player at an expensive price tag. I just don't understand the deal. The raptors have done well the last couple of year in organizing a good young nucleus, and the Ross pick was a good one. But going after Nash who is way too expensive at a stage when the team is not competing for a championship does not make sense. Plus, adding Fields, who seems to be a huge gamble due to his poor offence seems like a brutal move.

I hope that the Knicks get Nash, so to teach the Raptors front office not to due that again. New York should have a great team next year, with or without Nash.
Its really gonna be bad if the raps don't even end up with Nash to boot.. If the Knicks/Suns work out a deal to get Nash like is being rumoured, then losing fields was inevitable and he got over paid big time.. </P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
07-04-2012, 08:17 PM
i think the raptors gave that offer to fields just as an attempt to prevent us from getting nash... the latest rumors/reports make it seem like nash coming to new york is gonna happen. the suns were interested in fields as part of a sign and trade deal that would land nash in new york. the raptors knew this and tried to screw us over by overpaying fields which takes him out of the sign and trade. now it looks like shumpert may have to be included in order to get nash here... it's something i'm torn on but it's not like i have any say in the matter. How much money will the knicks have to fill out the roster if they sign and trade for Nash and lose shumpert, douglas, harrellson, and j.jordan?? Hopefully we can re-sign Jared Jeffries, and get a few other players, because were not gonna have anyone??lol It'd be great if we could also get Marcus Camby to come here on a cheap 1yr deal to backup Chandler with Nash...

nycsportzfan
07-04-2012, 08:30 PM
If the trade goes through for nash for the guys they mentioned, i also would look into getting Scott Machado PG Iona as a undrafted FA.. I think he'd help.. </P>

</P>

</P>

Guys on FA'cy i'd look into for the cheap are guys like</P>

Gilbert Arenas pg/sg memphis- Get him on cheap 1yr deal and see if he can find the range again.. Risk is worth the reward..</P>

Marcus Camby C Rockets- Same as Arenas, see if can sign for 1yr cheap deal so he can try and win a championship with melo, nash, amare, and chandler... </P>

Sam Young SF Sixers- Were gonna have to look for lower free agents, becasue our cap space will be eaten up by chandler, amare, melo and nash, and Young is guy who i think could backup Melo and play solid.. Ive seen him play well at times with Memphis, and hes worth the gamble, with the money were gonna have to spend</P>

John Lucas 3rd Pg/Sg bulls- instant offense, and can handle some point duties..Bulls just drafted Marquis Teague, so Lucas could not be in there future plans...</P>

Janerro Pargo PG/SG Hawks- Similar to Lucas, he can stroke it, and handle some point duties, and is solid spot up shooter... </P>

Dj White PG Bobcats- Good energy player, could give some solid minutes if u need..</P>

Ishmael Smith PG Orlando- Solid depth, is speedy PG who can get to rim..</P>

</P>

These are roster fillers, which we'll be needing to pick up if Nash deal goes through... I think these are some Filler's that can help the club and mesh solidly with what we got....</P>

nycsportzfan
07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
so much for that, as nash is now a laker..lol The so called experts say the lakers don't have enough, and yet thats where he goes..lol Gotta love the "experts"..lol </P>

</P>

TO be honest, i don't really care... Its probably for the best anyways...</P>

EliTE
07-04-2012, 11:04 PM
it seems as usual the knicks were used for leverage...

there is still the possibility of the knicks getting someone else in a sign and trade... im glad we're keeping shump though.

knicks need to resign jr and novak if possible, then use the mle on somebody and fill out the rest of the roster with vet min deals...

the knicks can go over the cap as much as they want as long as they dont use the full mle. so essentially they can match any offer given to lin, bring back novak and jr, then use the mini mle which is a little over 3 mil to sign someone good hopefully, then fill out the roster with vet min contracts. knicks also have their 1st round pick next year.

the whole nash thing was a pretty big tease but at this point we have to hope for the best.

miked1958
07-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I heard that Lin signed and offer sheet with the Rockets for 40m i think 3yrs which the knicks have the right to match after july 11th. </P>

</P>

Also there was a story yesterday that the Mavs are also interested in Lin.</P>

</P>

Ironic is that Houston is who dropped him and the reason we got him. lol. now they are willing to pay 40m to get him back.</P>

you guys think we will match it</P>

EliTE
07-05-2012, 03:34 AM
i think it's 4 years 30 mil... either way the knicks are matching... we have to... we have no pg and he is a cash cow... no way the knicks let him go especially after striking out on nash and kidd.

miked1958
07-05-2012, 03:50 AM
i think it's 4 years 30 mil... either way the knicks are matching... we have to... we have no pg and he is a cash cow... no way the knicks let him go especially after striking out on nash and kidd.Well i did see that Nash signed with the lakers tonight which surprised me. Didnt hear anything about Kidd. However IMO they are both aging guys at the end of their careers. they should have been persuing Lin in the first place and make him their guy.

EliTE
07-05-2012, 08:24 AM
they were hoping to keep lin and get nash/kidd or possibly all of them.

Redeyejedi
07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Am I the only 1 that feels the Knicks are getting anyone that will help them beat Miami. Guarantee we end up with Felton and a garbage 2 guard. We lose in the first round again. Knicks were stupid not trying to get a deal done with lin immediately.Read something he was willing to sign for 4 years 23 million but the Knicks told him to check the market. Now he probably gets a poison pill offer from the Raptors who struck out on Dragic and Nash. We will be paying an unproven PG 15 mil a year in years 3 and 4. Nets will end up getting Howard and joe Johnson while we get crap this offseason. I hate being a Knick fan

Redeyejedi
07-05-2012, 10:04 AM
so much for that, as nash is now a laker..lol** The so called experts say the lakers don't have enough, and yet thats where he goes..lol** Gotta love the "experts"..lol** </P>

*</P>

TO be honest, i don't really care...* Its probably for the best anyways...</P>Parting with Shumpert made me nervous. He may never be the same though. Nash and Melo wouldnt of worked anyway. Felton may not be that bad. They should move Amare to the bench and play Felton with him on the 2nd unit. Melo and Amare wont get in each others way then. Melo and Amare can play together with Amare at Center or Amare can play Forawd with Chandler and Melo on the bench. Start the game with Chandler at Center at the 6 minute mark U bring in Amare for Chandler. At the start of the 2nd u sit Melo and play Amare and Chandler together. That will limit then on the court together for maybe 12 minutes a game. Just have to figure out a way for them to close games.

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
so much for that, as nash is now a laker..lol The so called experts say the lakers don't have enough, and yet thats where he goes..lol Gotta love the "experts"..lol </P>

</P>

TO be honest, i don't really care... Its probably for the best anyways...</P>

Parting with Shumpert made me nervous. He may never be the same though. Nash and Melo wouldnt of worked anyway. Felton may not be that bad. They should move Amare to the bench and play Felton with him on the 2nd unit. Melo and Amare wont get in each others way then. Melo and Amare can play together with Amare at Center or Amare can play Forawd with Chandler and Melo on the bench. Start the game with Chandler at Center at the 6 minute mark U bring in Amare for Chandler. At the start of the 2nd u sit Melo and play Amare and Chandler together. That will limit then on the court together for maybe 12 minutes a game. Just have to figure out a way for them to close games. It seems every time a player is perdicted to come here, its more for leverege.. Then u got Lin, who should be signing for a tad cheaper seeing how we gave em his chance, and instead, hes gonna get us for every dime, and then some...lol </P>

This is what happens, when u put all ur eggs in one basket, and it tends to look as if its not gonna put us where we thought it would... I wish players that are FA's would look more at themselves as the diffrence, then just wanting to go to a team to win a championship... In nash's case, he could of thought of himself as the diffrence maker in NY and guy who could put us over the top, and winning in NY would seriously cement any players legacy like times a million! Could u imagine where nash's legacy would be if he came here and WON a championship?</P>

Of course the knicks have there pick in the draft next yr, when people are saying it could be the worst draft in the last 10yrs, which is saying alot, when last yrs was pretty bad.. I'm hoping we can snatch up Myck Kabango or Cj McCollum...</P>

EliTE
07-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Am I the only 1 that feels the Knicks are getting anyone that will help them beat Miami. Guarantee we end up with Felton and a garbage 2 guard. We lose in the first round again. Knicks were stupid not trying to get a deal done with lin immediately.Read something he was willing to sign for 4 years 23 million but the Knicks told him to check the market. Now he probably gets a poison pill offer from the Raptors who struck out on Dragic and Nash. We will be paying an unproven PG 15 mil a year in years 3 and 4. Nets will end up getting Howard and joe Johnson while we get crap this offseason. I hate being a Knick fan

lin would have never signed any offer we gave him. his agent isn't that dumb. the knicks couldn't offer him nearly as much as other teams could. there is no way he would sign a deal with us without exploring all his other options.

if we get felton in a sign and trade we'll still have our mle. felton had good chemistry with stat so it's not all doom and gloom if that's the case as long as he's in shape.

there's still some decent guards out there we can get with the mle.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 04:06 PM
so much for that, as nash is now a laker..lol The so called experts say the lakers don't have enough, and yet thats where he goes..lol Gotta love the "experts"..lol </p>

</p>

TO be honest, i don't really care... Its probably for the best anyways...</p>

Parting with Shumpert made me nervous. He may never be the same though. Nash and Melo wouldnt of worked anyway. Felton may not be that bad. They should move Amare to the bench and play Felton with him on the 2nd unit. Melo and Amare wont get in each others way then. Melo and Amare can play together with Amare at Center or Amare can play Forawd with Chandler and Melo on the bench. Start the game with Chandler at Center at the 6 minute mark U bring in Amare for Chandler. At the start of the 2nd u sit Melo and play Amare and Chandler together. That will limit then on the court together for maybe 12 minutes a game. Just have to figure out a way for them to close games. It seems every time a player is perdicted to come here, its more for leverege.. Then u got Lin, who should be signing for a tad cheaper seeing how we gave em his chance, and instead, hes gonna get us for every dime, and then some...lol </p>

This is what happens, when u put all ur eggs in one basket, and it tends to look as if its not gonna put us where we thought it would... I wish players that are FA's would look more at themselves as the diffrence, then just wanting to go to a team to win a championship... In nash's case, he could of thought of himself as the diffrence maker in NY and guy who could put us over the top, and winning in NY would seriously cement any players legacy like times a million! Could u imagine where nash's legacy would be if he came here and WON a championship?</p>

Of course the knicks have there pick in the draft next yr, when people are saying it could be the worst draft in the last 10yrs, which is saying alot, when last yrs was pretty bad.. I'm hoping we can snatch up Myck Kabango or Cj McCollum...</p>

The Knicks are as cursed as the Chicago Cubs. As long as Dolan is in charge, the Knicks will be losers.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Why would the Clippers trade Jordan and Griffin for Howard?
The Magic absolutely rob the Clippers in that deal. Howard is great...
but Griffin and him are even and Griffin is younger and has a higher
offensive ceiling. That's like trading Boley and JPP for Jared Allen.

EliTE
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
knicks just signed jason kidd....

i know the doom and gloom posters will say he's washed up and all that, but i think he can still play a solid backup role. he had good chemistry with chandler when they won it all not too long ago.

he can still defend 2s and 3s well and he'll be a great mentor for lin.

now the knicks need to sign and trade for somebody... i doubt it will happen but if we can get oj mayo that would be great. if not we better resign jr smith...

lineup next year could look something like this...

lin/kidd
jr/foye
melo/novak
stat/jeffries/jorts
chandler/jordan

not too shabby... i heard stat is working his butt off and will hopefully have a bounce back year.

everyone loves to bash the knicks but ignore the fact this team has yet to have a real training camp together. not only that they've only had a competent coach (woodson) for a short while. then when you factor in all the injuries and what not, it's clear we haven't truly seen what this team is capable of.

if everyone can mesh and woodson can come up with some set plays (dantoni never ran set plays) this team could easily be a top 3 seed. will we beat miami? probably not unless wade or bosh get hurt but you never know.

i know most knick fans are still pessimistic after all the recent years of underachieving or simply being a bad team... but i have hope. i have faith at the very least they will be a good team and will make us proud with some entertaining and quality basketball.

these next 3 or so years the knicks will be going for it all... if it fails they will rebuild with lin, shumpert, and probably melo still as the core.

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Welp, we got our PG.. Its Jason Kidd.. Unfortunetly, Kidd is not as good as nash, and is alittle injury prone at this point, and i didn't care for his game that much this past yr with Dallas, but he certainly is a solid PG still, that can distrubute the basketball, and he has expierence with Tyson Chandler, which will help... We got better, i will say that much, but how much, remains to be seen...

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
knicks just signed jason kidd.... i know the doom and gloom posters will say he's washed up and all that, but i think he can still play a solid backup role. he had good chemistry with chandler when they won it all not too long ago. he can still defend 2s and 3s well and he'll be a great mentor for lin. now the knicks need to sign and trade for somebody... i doubt it will happen but if we can get oj mayo that would be great. if not we better resign jr smith... lineup next year could look something like this... lin/kidd jr/foye melo/novak stat/jeffries/jorts chandler/jordan not too shabby... i heard stat is working his butt off and will hopefully have a bounce back year. everyone loves to bash the knicks but ignore the fact this team has yet to have a real training camp together. not only that they've only had a competent coach (woodson) for a short while. if everyone can mesh and woodson can come up with some set plays (dantoni never ran set plays) this team could easily be a top 3 seed. will we beat miami? probably not unless wade or bosh get hurt but you never know. i know most knick fans are still pessimistic after all the recent years of underachieving or simply being a bad team... but i have hope. i have faith at the very least they will be a good team and will make us proud with some entertaining and quality basketball. we, both saw the kidd signing at the same time i see.. I woulden't call it "doom and Gloom", more as being realistic.. He has been a bit injury prone and thats not exactly good considering hes getting old.. Old and dinged up and injury prone is certainly not a good thing..lol</P>

</P>

I think they got better, but i don't know how much Kidds got in the tank.. He won't help us if hes constantly dinged up and having to miss a couple games here and a cople there and etc... Also, his PPG and AST per game were as low as they ever been before this past season.. And if i'm not mistaken, he turns 40 during the season... I will say we got better, and i like that he has expierence with Chandler...</P>

I would like us to sign Randy Foye if we can't sign and trade for someone.. Randy Foye can handle the Point duties some if he has to, if kidd gets injured, and i like his all around game.. Foye would be a nice signing for the knicks.. Actually, i'd be happier getting Foye, then trading for Mayo... </P>

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Knicks fans don't seem all that excited about this move, from what i'm reading on ESPN.com.. Seen remarks like " marbury, francis, b.davis, bibby, and now kidd.. Can the knicks ever get a PG when there actually stilll good?" Seen another that said " Knicks waiting a couple yrs for Andre Miller to ripen up a bit more before signing him".. And another said " Look forward to seeing Tony Park in a knick uniform in 2022"...LOL U gotta admit, some of those are funny!!lol</P>

</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison
07-05-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/knicks_focus_on_felton_with_kidd_lgbXnlISxLac7Cg9S W6anN

EliTE
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
knicks just signed jason kidd.... i know the doom and gloom posters will say he's washed up and all that, but i think he can still play a solid backup role. he had good chemistry with chandler when they won it all not too long ago. he can still defend 2s and 3s well and he'll be a great mentor for lin. now the knicks need to sign and trade for somebody... i doubt it will happen but if we can get oj mayo that would be great. if not we better resign jr smith... lineup next year could look something like this... lin/kidd jr/foye melo/novak stat/jeffries/jorts chandler/jordan not too shabby... i heard stat is working his butt off and will hopefully have a bounce back year. everyone loves to bash the knicks but ignore the fact this team has yet to have a real training camp together. not only that they've only had a competent coach (woodson) for a short while. if everyone can mesh and woodson can come up with some set plays (dantoni never ran set plays) this team could easily be a top 3 seed. will we beat miami? probably not unless wade or bosh get hurt but you never know. i know most knick fans are still pessimistic after all the recent years of underachieving or simply being a bad team... but i have hope. i have faith at the very least they will be a good team and will make us proud with some entertaining and quality basketball.* we, both saw the kidd signing at the same time i see.. I woulden't call it "doom and Gloom", more as being realistic..* He has been a bit injury prone and thats not exactly good considering hes getting old.. Old and dinged up and injury prone is certainly not a good thing..lol</P>

*</P>

I think they got better, but i don't know how much Kidds got in the tank.. He won't help us if hes constantly dinged up and having to miss a couple games here and a cople there and etc...* Also, his PPG and AST per game were as low as they ever been before this past season.. And if i'm not mistaken, he turns 40 during the season...*** I will say we got better, and i like that he has expierence with* Chandler...</P>

I would like us to sign Randy Foye if we can't sign and trade for someone.. Randy Foye can handle the Point duties some if he has to, if kidd gets injured, and i like his all around game..* Foye would be a nice signing for the knicks.. Actually, i'd be happier getting Foye, then trading for Mayo... </P> kidd's gonna be a backup so unless lin gets hurt, which is possible, i think kidd will be okay.

considering if the knicks lost the bird rights case, they'd be keeping lin and filling the roster with vet mins, at least now we added somebody and can still sign n trade for another player as well as hopefully bring back jr and novak (as well as lin obviously) then fill out the roster with vet mins...

i also read the knicks might sign this old euro PG i forget his name, but people were saying he's like a euro nash/rondo.. a great passer... he's 35 too so i guess the knicks love them some old pgs lol... if for nothing else it would be a great insurance policy in case lin gets hurt, that way we won't have to force kidd to play excess minutes. or god forbid see tony douglas running the point haha

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
knicks just signed jason kidd.... i know the doom and gloom posters will say he's washed up and all that, but i think he can still play a solid backup role. he had good chemistry with chandler when they won it all not too long ago. he can still defend 2s and 3s well and he'll be a great mentor for lin. now the knicks need to sign and trade for somebody... i doubt it will happen but if we can get oj mayo that would be great. if not we better resign jr smith... lineup next year could look something like this... lin/kidd jr/foye melo/novak stat/jeffries/jorts chandler/jordan not too shabby... i heard stat is working his butt off and will hopefully have a bounce back year. everyone loves to bash the knicks but ignore the fact this team has yet to have a real training camp together. not only that they've only had a competent coach (woodson) for a short while. if everyone can mesh and woodson can come up with some set plays (dantoni never ran set plays) this team could easily be a top 3 seed. will we beat miami? probably not unless wade or bosh get hurt but you never know. i know most knick fans are still pessimistic after all the recent years of underachieving or simply being a bad team... but i have hope. i have faith at the very least they will be a good team and will make us proud with some entertaining and quality basketball. we, both saw the kidd signing at the same time i see.. I woulden't call it "doom and Gloom", more as being realistic.. He has been a bit injury prone and thats not exactly good considering hes getting old.. Old and dinged up and injury prone is certainly not a good thing..lol</P>

</P>

I think they got better, but i don't know how much Kidds got in the tank.. He won't help us if hes constantly dinged up and having to miss a couple games here and a cople there and etc... Also, his PPG and AST per game were as low as they ever been before this past season.. And if i'm not mistaken, he turns 40 during the season... I will say we got better, and i like that he has expierence with Chandler...</P>

I would like us to sign Randy Foye if we can't sign and trade for someone.. Randy Foye can handle the Point duties some if he has to, if kidd gets injured, and i like his all around game.. Foye would be a nice signing for the knicks.. Actually, i'd be happier getting Foye, then trading for Mayo... </P>

kidd's gonna be a backup so unless lin gets hurt, which is possible, i think kidd will be okay. considering if the knicks lost the bird rights case, they'd be keeping lin and filling the roster with vet mins, at least now we added somebody and can still sign n trade for another player as well as hopefully bring back jr and novak (as well as lin obviously) then fill out the roster with vet mins... I'm not so sure that Kidd isn't gonna start, regardless of Lin or not.. Hes gonna mentor him, and i could see him taking over as starter the season after this one, and let em get his feet wet slowley.. Lets not forget, Lin's got very little expierence, and we have zero clue how he'll handle starting over a 80game season.. I'd actually be really surprised if Kidd dosen't start this yr, and really help prepare Lin for the job the following season... </P>

DOn't get me wrong, we got better today, i just wonder how much? Hopefully enough to truly contend.. I think adding Randy Foye would be a incredible get at this point.. </P>

Jason kidd</P>

Randy Foye</P>

Melo</P>

Amare</P>

Chandler</P>

</P>

Lin</P>

Camby?(awesome, if we could convince camby to backup chandler)</P>

Harrelson</P>

Shumpert</P>

Novak</P>

Jeffries</P>

White(dude we signed yesterday)</P>

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
now i'm hering rumours, we might not bring back jeremey lin after all... I hope thats not true.. To much upside, to not have him return... I'd hate to see em do very well somewhere else...

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
wow, Jeremey Lin is becoming a rocket... Unbelievable! So, we lose a guy whos young and promising for a gonna be 40yr old PG whos coming off career low ppg and apg.. I like Kidd, but i liked em alot better when i thought we were keeping Jeremey Lin... </P>

</P>

Now, what do the knicks do? Sign Felton? Sessions? John Lucas 3rd? I hope we get Randy Foye signed quickly.. Don't let em escape to another team.. Go after Foye and Camby, and then go get ur fillers.. Guys like Dj White and what not...</P>

EliTE
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
wow, Jeremey Lin is becoming a rocket...** Unbelievable!* So, we lose a guy whos young and promising for a gonna be 40yr old PG whos coming off career low ppg and apg..** I like Kidd, but i liked em alot better when i thought we were keeping Jeremey Lin...* </P>

*</P>

Now, what do the knicks do?** Sign Felton?* Sessions?* John Lucas 3rd?* I hope we get Randy Foye signed quickly..* Don't let em escape to another team..* Go after Foye and Camby, and then go get ur fillers.. Guys like Dj White and what not...</P>you're misunderstanding the situation. the knicks can and will match any offer lin signs, he's a restricted free agent. i believe the houston gm was classy in this situation, and signed lin to a very reasonable 3 year 19 mil deal with a team option for a 4th year at 10 mil that both lin and the knicks were cool with. they knew the knicks would match it and instead of offering the max to screw us over like some feared which would have been 4 years 40 mil with 15 mil the last 2 years back loaded and all guaranteed.

the knicks can now still work a sign n trade for someone either a big like camby or a guard like mayo. then fill out the roster with vet mins...

in regards to lin starting, i think he will for sure. i could see kidd coming off the bench for 20 mins. there's still moves to be made. i for one am happy lin didn't get some crazy 5-5-15-15 deal. i still think we would have matched it either way.

nycsportzfan
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
wow, Jeremey Lin is becoming a rocket... Unbelievable! So, we lose a guy whos young and promising for a gonna be 40yr old PG whos coming off career low ppg and apg.. I like Kidd, but i liked em alot better when i thought we were keeping Jeremey Lin... </P>

</P>

Now, what do the knicks do? Sign Felton? Sessions? John Lucas 3rd? I hope we get Randy Foye signed quickly.. Don't let em escape to another team.. Go after Foye and Camby, and then go get ur fillers.. Guys like Dj White and what not...</P>

you're misunderstanding the situation. the knicks can and will match any offer lin signs, he's a restricted free agent. i believe the houston gm was classy in this situation, and signed lin to a very reasonable 3 year 19 mil deal with a team option for a 4th year at 10 mil that both lin and the knicks were cool with. they knew the knicks would match it and instead of offering the max to screw us over like some feared which would have been 4 years 40 mil with 15 mil the last 2 years back loaded and all guaranteed. the knicks can now still work a sign n trade for someone either a big like camby or a guard like mayo. then fill out the roster with vet mins... in regards to lin starting, i think he will for sure. i could see kidd coming off the bench for 20 mins. there's still moves to be made. i for one am happy lin didn't get some crazy 5-5-15-15 deal. i still think we would have matched it either way. Ya, i was returning to mention my mess up..lol Thats good news then! </P>

I still think Kidd will start personally.. Hes worked with Chandler, and hes got much expierence, and Lin has very little.. I think were better off letting Lin learn more, and give him valuable bench minutes, and also a spark to our 2nd unit, where we need a tad more scoring, which Lin can do.. Kidd is a guy who can drain a 3 when open on kick outs and dish.. I think his skill set will mesh nicely with Melo and Amare, and i would be surprised if he came here to play his minutes with Jared Jeffries, Novak, and Harrelson..lol I could be wrong though..</P>

Man, i hope we can get Camby or Foye still.. Mayo would work as well, but we'd have to get rid of shumpert, and it'd be sad to see em go for Mayo... </P>

EliTE
07-05-2012, 11:56 PM
wow, Jeremey Lin is becoming a rocket...** Unbelievable!* So, we lose a guy whos young and promising for a gonna be 40yr old PG whos coming off career low ppg and apg..** I like Kidd, but i liked em alot better when i thought we were keeping Jeremey Lin...* </P>

*</P>

Now, what do the knicks do?** Sign Felton?* Sessions?* John Lucas 3rd?* I hope we get Randy Foye signed quickly..* Don't let em escape to another team..* Go after Foye and Camby, and then go get ur fillers.. Guys like Dj White and what not...</P>

you're misunderstanding the situation. the knicks can and will match any offer lin signs, he's a restricted free agent. i believe the houston gm was classy in this situation, and signed lin to a very reasonable 3 year 19 mil deal with a team option for a 4th year at 10 mil that both lin and the knicks were cool with. they knew the knicks would match it and instead of offering the max to screw us over like some feared which would have been 4 years 40 mil with 15 mil the last 2 years back loaded and all guaranteed. the knicks can now still work a sign n trade for someone either a big like camby or a guard like mayo. then fill out the roster with vet mins... in regards to lin starting, i think he will for sure. i could see kidd coming off the bench for 20 mins. there's still moves to be made. i for one am happy lin didn't get some crazy 5-5-15-15 deal. i still think we would have matched it either way. Ya, i was returning to mention my mess up..lol*** Thats good news then!*** </P>

I still think Kidd will start personally..* Hes worked with Chandler, and hes got much expierence, and Lin has very little..* I think were better off letting Lin learn more, and give him valuable bench minutes, and also a spark to our 2nd unit, where we need a tad more scoring, which Lin can do..** Kidd is a guy who can drain a 3 when open on kick outs and dish..** I think his skill set will mesh nicely with Melo and Amare, and i would be surprised if he came here to play his minutes with Jared Jeffries, Novak, and Harrelson..lol*** I could be wrong though..</P>

Man, i hope we can get Camby or Foye still.. Mayo would work as well, but we'd have to get rid of shumpert, and it'd be sad to see em go for Mayo... </P>thats true lin did have good chemistry with the bench guys... if kidd does start his minutes will still be limited. i think lin will play more minutes overall but im sure they'll be out there together for stretches.

nycsportzfan
07-06-2012, 09:57 AM

</P>

you're misunderstanding the situation. the knicks can and will match any offer lin signs, he's a restricted free agent. i believe the houston gm was classy in this situation, and signed lin to a very reasonable 3 year 19 mil deal with a team option for a 4th year at 10 mil that both lin and the knicks were cool with. they knew the knicks would match it and instead of offering the max to screw us over like some feared which would have been 4 years 40 mil with 15 mil the last 2 years back loaded and all guaranteed. the knicks can now still work a sign n trade for someone either a big like camby or a guard like mayo. then fill out the roster with vet mins... in regards to lin starting, i think he will for sure. i could see kidd coming off the bench for 20 mins. there's still moves to be made. i for one am happy lin didn't get some crazy 5-5-15-15 deal. i still think we would have matched it either way. Ya, i was returning to mention my mess up..lol Thats good news then! </P>

I still think Kidd will start personally.. Hes worked with Chandler, and hes got much expierence, and Lin has very little.. I think were better off letting Lin learn more, and give him valuable bench minutes, and also a spark to our 2nd unit, where we need a tad more scoring, which Lin can do.. Kidd is a guy who can drain a 3 when open on kick outs and dish.. I think his skill set will mesh nicely with Melo and Amare, and i would be surprised if he came here to play his minutes with Jared Jeffries, Novak, and Harrelson..lol I could be wrong though..</P>

Man, i hope we can get Camby or Foye still.. Mayo would work as well, but we'd have to get rid of shumpert, and it'd be sad to see em go for Mayo... </P>thats true lin did have good chemistry with the bench guys... if kidd does start his minutes will still be limited. i think lin will play more minutes overall but im sure they'll be out there together for stretches. Ya, i definetly agree, that Lin will still get a healthy brunt of the minutes regardless of if he started or came off the bench..

nycsportzfan
07-07-2012, 08:16 AM

</P>

Man, i hope we can get Camby or Foye still.. Mayo would work as well, but we'd have to get rid of shumpert, and it'd be sad to see em go for Mayo... </P>

The knicks are trying to get Marcus Camby to sign! Sweet!! He just felt like a right fit as a defensive backup to Tyson Chandler and wiley vet, who has expierence in NY in the past.. The only problem is the knicks want to give some of the mid level to Prinoni(italian PG), and Camby wants the full exception.. Hopefully he'll come here for a bit cheaper, becuase he will help this team tremendously. Then if anything happens to CHandler, u got a guy who can step right in and start as well.. I guess there trying to work out a sign and trade for Kidd, to preserve the whole mid level exception.. Melo, Amare, Chandler, Kidd, Lin, Camby, Shumpert, Novak, Jr Smith! If thats the team we bring in this yr, then watch out! I'm totally on board with that group! Harrelson could backup the PF positon as well, or give us 10minutes a game or so..</P>

nycsportzfan
07-07-2012, 08:28 AM
IF we can't get camby, we should talk to the spurs about aquiring Dejuan Blair.. Another guy who would be solid behind chandler, and i think would work really well with both lin and kidd, as Blair can finish at the hoop on the move.. Blair would bring a nice energy level to the team as well.. He'd also be cheaper then Marcus Camby, i believe? All though not a FA, so we'd have to trade for em.. I wonder if a 2nd rd pick would be to cheap? </P>

</P>

Another intersting option would be Daniel Orton of Orlando.. Don't know what the deal is with him, but hes only 21 and still has alot of upside, and obviously u can't teach size.. </P>

EliTE
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM
spurs would probably want something of substance for blair... i wouldn't give 'em shump that's for sure...

hopefully we can get camby, resign jr and novak and we'll be set.

tripleaamin9
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Well right now we r the front runners for Camby, with the HEat using their MLE on Ray Allen.

nycsportzfan
07-08-2012, 08:47 AM
spurs would probably want something of substance for blair... i wouldn't give 'em shump that's for sure... hopefully we can get camby, resign jr and novak and we'll be set. Blair's kinda fell outta grace recently, and the spurs were using Boris Diaw over him, and i really don't think they'd get much for blair at all.. He wasen't even playing in the spurs rotation for awhile before the season ended.. He wasen't even being used but sparingly during the postseason.. He was only given em about 20minutes in the regular season... His stock isn't what it was say a yr or 2 ago...</P>

</P>

</P>

But either way, i agree, Camby is the way to go.. As soon as i seen Camby was a FA, i been writing on here we should try and attain him.. It just makes sense.. We have no legit C behind CHandler, and Camby brings a nice set of skills to the table, being able to block shots, rebound, and hit the short mid range jumper.. It just feels like a match made in heaven.. He can also start and u don't lose a ton if Chandler were to get injured or miss time because of that wrist of his... Also, having Expierence in NY is helpful.. </P>

nycsportzfan
07-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Well right now we r the front runners for Camby, with the HEat using their MLE on Ray Allen.
Ya, i seen that.. God, if we get Camby, and still keep Jr Smith and Novak, then i'm gonna be stoked about this up coming season.. </P>

Chandler</P>

Amare</P>

Melo</P>

Shumpert(when he gets healthy)</P>

Kidd</P>

</P>

Lin</P>

Camby</P>

Smith</P>

Novak</P>

Harrelson</P>

Douglas </P>

J.Jordan</P>

</P>

Thats one heck of a team..</P>

tripleaamin9
07-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Ya, i seen that.. God, if we get Camby, and still keep Jr Smith and Novak, then i'm gonna be stoked about this up coming season.. </p>

Chandler</p>

Amare</p>

Melo</p>

Shumpert(when he gets healthy)</p>

Kidd</p>

</p>

Lin</p>

Camby</p>

Smith</p>

Novak</p>

Harrelson</p>

Douglas </p>

J.Jordan</p>

</p>

Thats one heck of a team..</p>
Lin would start, we would also have to find a SG that would be willing to take the minimum. I always wanted Randy Foye, but I doubt he would take the minimum.

nycsportzfan
07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Ya, i seen that.. God, if we get Camby, and still keep Jr Smith and Novak, then i'm gonna be stoked about this up coming season.. </P>

Chandler</P>

Amare</P>

Melo</P>

Kidd</P>

</P>

Lin</P>

Camby</P>

Smith</P>

Novak</P>

Harrelson</P>

Douglas </P>

J.Jordan</P>

</P>

Lin would start, we would also have to find a SG that would be willing to take the minimum. I always wanted Randy Foye, but I doubt he would take the minimum.
I dont think Lin's gonna start.. I think Kidd's gonna start, because hes got so much more expierence, and Lin is still raw and worked well with the backups last yr, and Kidd worked well with CHandler on there championship run with mav's.. Plus, we need a pure distributor in our starting lineup, and Kidd's more that right now then Lin..

nycsportzfan
07-09-2012, 10:56 PM
well the knicks have Landed Marcus Camby in a sign and trade.. They got the guy i wanted, and it makes me stoked! Chandler and Camby are a ridiculous 1/2 punch at the C positon...

EliTE
07-10-2012, 12:07 AM
knicks also resigned novak...

now they need to resign jr smith and jeffries... then add another sg... then just fill out the roster for depth.

this will be the first year the knicks will have a real training camp... and they're gonna need it with the addition of these new players... as well as lin being the pg of the future... need to get everyone in sync, get some good set plays memorized and go to war!

giantyankee1976
07-10-2012, 07:06 AM
well the knicks have Landed Marcus Camby in a sign and trade.. They got the guy i wanted, and it makes me stoked! Chandler and Camby are a ridiculous 1/2 punch at the C positon...

yeah I'm happy but sad we have to lose Harrelson.

Also while I like seeing some vets boost the Team, I would like a little more Youth as well.

But Camby was one of my all-time faves so... [Y]

TuckYou
07-10-2012, 09:16 AM

Chandler</P>

Amare</P>

Melo</P>

Kidd</P>

</P>

Lin</P>

Camby</P>

Smith</P>

Novak</P>

Harrelson</P>

Douglas </P>

J.Jordan</P>

</P>

</P>

What in Jesus's name are you talking about? That team looks horrible. Why do the Knicks insist on bringing in old has been players? Camby and Kidd were good, like a decade ago. Where is Fields? Did they let him walk? Wouldnt surprise me. Im not a huge NBA fan or anything, and Im trying to like the Knicks, but this team makes horrible decision after horrible decision and never learns. I saw progress the past few years, which isnt saying much, but this is a step back in my opinion. They need to draft good players and trade for young HEALTHY ones. </P>

tripleaamin9
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Ya, i seen that.. God, if we get Camby, and still keep Jr Smith and Novak, then i'm gonna be stoked about this up coming season.. </p>

Chandler</p>

Amare</p>

Melo</p>

Shumpert(when he gets healthy)</p>

Kidd</p>

</p>

Lin</p>

Camby</p>

Smith</p>

Novak</p>

Harrelson</p>

Douglas </p>

J.Jordan</p>

</p>

Thats one heck of a team..</p>

</p>

What in Jesus's name are you talking about? That team looks horrible. Why do the Knicks insist on bringing in old has been players? Camby and Kidd were good, like a decade ago. Where is Fields? Did they let him walk? Wouldnt surprise me. Im not a huge NBA fan or anything, and Im trying to like the Knicks, but this team makes horrible decision after horrible decision and never learns. I saw progress the past few years, which isnt saying much, but this is a step back in my opinion. They need to draft good players and trade for young HEALTHY ones. </p>
This is team is making a run this next 3 years. Because after 3 years the contracts of Lin, STAT, Melo, and Tyson come off the books.And if this becomes a disaster we can get lots of salary and rebuild in 3 years.

nycsportzfan
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM

yeah I'm happy but sad we have to lose Harrelson.

Also while I like seeing some vets boost the Team, I would like a little more Youth as well.

But Camby was one of my all-time faves so... [Y]
I'm normally wanting youth as well, but lets face facts, we need to be a serious contender in the next couple yrs, and guys like Josh Harrelson and Toney Douglas aren't helping us do that, and Kidd and Camby are adding to what we all ready have, which is a solid nucleus, and Kidd could bring that unit even closer together, by simply being a dynamic phisilitater(have no clue how to spell that?), and guy who can pop the open 3 on a kick out, and mentor a very young and raw jeremey lin..</P>

I could care less how old camby is, hes still a beast on the glass and in blocking shots, and can also pop the short mid range shot, and slam it home...</P>

</P>

Were also bringing back Jr Smitha and Novak, to go with Chandler, Camby, Lin, Kidd, Melo, and Stat... Stat should be healthy this yr, and now has a true PG on board as well.. This teams gonna be really really good this yr and next...</P>

nycsportzfan
07-10-2012, 11:26 AM

Chandler</P>

Amare</P>

Melo</P>

Kidd</P>

</P>

Lin</P>

Camby</P>

Smith</P>

Novak</P>

Harrelson</P>

Douglas </P>

J.Jordan</P>

</P>

</P>

What in Jesus's name are you talking about? That team looks horrible. Why do the Knicks insist on bringing in old has been players? Camby and Kidd were good, like a decade ago. Where is Fields? Did they let him walk? Wouldnt surprise me. Im not a huge NBA fan or anything, and Im trying to like the Knicks, but this team makes horrible decision after horrible decision and never learns. I saw progress the past few years, which isnt saying much, but this is a step back in my opinion. They need to draft good players and trade for young HEALTHY ones. </P>

Fields is dreadul!!!LoL He don't even fit in this offense anyways.. Hes more of a Dantoni up and down the court type player.. Hes terrible with the ball in his hands, and hes a joke of a 3pt shooter, and even worse FT shooter, which is annoying for a SF who dosen't do enough consistently to shoot that badly.. Hes littearly got one of the ugliest 3pt shots i've ever seen in my entire life.. Losing him is not a big deal..</P>

</P>

And who cares how old Kidd and Camby are? There still terrific pieces to have on a team.. There not here taking over the positon, but adding to what we all ready got at the positon... Its either gonna be Camby and Kidd coming off the bench, or Camby and Lin.. Either one is a incredible 2 for ur bench.. Add in Jr Smith(full yr of training camp, and full season of games this yr), and Novak, and Shumpert when hes back, and i don't know how much deeper u can get? Were also still looking for another SG and PF.. Jared Jeffries is possibly returning.. THis teams gonna be fantastic this season..</P>

</P>

We got a couple young pieces in Shumpert and Lin as well.. Also, we got our 1st rder this yr...</P>

</P>

Camby just avg'd 8pts 10reb and a 1.5Bpg last yr! Thats coming off our bench?</P>

Kidd just won a Championship the yr before last, and last yr avg'd 5assists per game in a dinged up kinda wierd season.. Hes gonna be a solid piece..</P>

nycsportzfan
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Might i add to any naysayers, that were trying to win withing the next 1-3yrs, and Kidd and Camby have shown they still got game, and adding to what we all ready got, is pretty incredible..

EliTE
07-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Ya, i seen that..* God, if we get Camby, and still keep Jr Smith and Novak, then i'm gonna be stoked about this up coming season..* </P>

Chandler</P>

Amare</P>

Melo</P>

Kidd</P>

*</P>

Lin</P>

Camby</P>

Smith</P>

Novak</P>

Harrelson</P>

Douglas </P>

J.Jordan</P>

*</P>

</P>

lol the knicks resigned everyone other than fields (who sucks) and added some great vets, they're having an excellent off season. especially when you consider they had no cap space going into this off season... most people thought the knicks wouldn't even be able to retain all their players, let alone add guys like kidd and camby...

dwight howard had the 2nd highest rebounding rate last year... camby was first. he averaged almost 10 rebounds in like 20 minutes. rebounding was a huge problem for the knicks last year. turnovers was also a problem because we had no pg. now we have lin and kidd..

imagine this... chandler gets in early foul trouble... instead of stat or jeffries at center, now we'll have a legit center coming off the bench to protect the paint, block shots and grab rebounds. camby is an excellent signing.

knicks biggest weakness last year was point guard play, until lin came along. now they have lin and kidd... kidd can still run the pick n roll, he is still a great passer.

what moves would you have prefered the knicks made? as far as best case scenario, other than getting nash which they tried to do, kidd and camby are solid additions, as well as bringing all the quality guys back.

nycsportzfan
07-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Chandler</P>

Amare</P>

Melo</P>

Kidd</P>

</P>

Lin</P>

Camby</P>

Smith</P>

Novak</P>

Harrelson</P>

Douglas </P>

J.Jordan</P>

</P>

</P>

lol the knicks resigned everyone other than fields (who sucks) and added some great vets, they're having an excellent off season. especially when you consider they had no cap space going into this off season... most people thought the knicks wouldn't even be able to retain all their players, let alone add guys like kidd and camby... dwight howard had the 2nd highest rebounding rate last year... camby was first. he averaged almost 10 rebounds in like 20 minutes. rebounding was a huge problem for the knicks last year. turnovers was also a problem because we had no pg. now we have lin and kidd.. imagine this... chandler gets in early foul trouble... instead of stat or jeffries at center, now we'll have a legit center coming off the bench to protect the paint, block shots and grab rebounds. camby is an excellent signing. knicks biggest weakness last year was point guard play, until lin came along. now they have lin and kidd... kidd can still run the pick n roll, he is still a great passer. what moves would you have prefered the knicks made? as far as best case scenario, other than getting nash which they tried to do, kidd and camby are solid additions, as well as bringing all the quality guys back. It was a offseason i certainly didn't think to be possible, thats for sure! Also, getting Jr Smith back is ridiculous, because we've seen what he can do in yrs past, and now whes not coming back midway through the saeson and getting thrown right into the fire from a chinese league..lol He actually gets to work with his team in the preseason and gain valuable practice time.. Jr Smith could easily end up being a 17pt scorer for us this yr...</P>

U pretty much hit everything on the head.. How u can not be super excited by what we've accomplished this offseason is just beyond me? </P>

</P>

Like i was saying, we even got some nice young pieces in Shump and Lin to go forward with as well.. not a bad team at all.. And we got our 1st rder this yr to add to Shump and Lin as the young guys to go with the vet nucleus...</P>

nycsportzfan
07-13-2012, 08:56 AM
THey probably don't got the cash to pull this off, but if the Knicks could sign one more solid SG , like say Jodie Meeks or Marco Bellinelli, or even Gilbert Arenas, then i think they will be all set.. There summer league team dosen't look to offer much, if anything.. Ahmad Nivins was a beast at St Josephs, but that hasen't translated to anything in the pros, and Jr Smiths bro had a solid NCAA tourney run, and could be a decent additon for the back of a bench, i suppose, but overall , nothing note worthy on the SL team.. I'd give Nivins best shot of making it on to the knicks team...</P>

</P>

Also, nice signing of Pable Prigioni.. Sounds like a Jason Kidd type PG, who will add more leadership and passing ability to this team.. Also, he chose to sign for 1yr, thinking he will get his value up higer going into next offseason, where he can hope to sign for a bigger deal.. That means, hes gonna really come out and try and show something.. </P>

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Looks like we are trading Lin for Felton. IMO Felton is better.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Felton is officially a knick.

Now Lin is interesting.

EliTE
07-15-2012, 03:38 AM
they didnt trade lin he's a rfa. they traded jeffries and that other scrub for felton and kurt thomas.

i see a lot of people panicking and thinking this move means the knicks won't bring back lin, i just see it as insurance in case injuries occur to lin or kidd. or simply insurance in case lin plays poorly.

i also wouldnt be surprised if the knicks acted like they werent gonna match just to mess with houston. knicks are probably upset that houston upped their offer to lin from 20 mil to 25 mil. which if the knicks match would mean 15 mil for lin in year 3.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 04:31 AM
they didnt trade lin he's a rfa. they traded jeffries and that other scrub for felton and kurt thomas.

i see a lot of people panicking and thinking this move means the knicks won't bring back lin, i just see it as insurance in case injuries occur to lin or kidd. or simply insurance in case lin plays poorly.

i also wouldnt be surprised if the knicks acted like they werent gonna match just to mess with houston. knicks are probably upset that houston upped their offer to lin from 20 mil to 25 mil. which if the knicks match would mean 15 mil for lin in year 3.

It wasn't a trade per say. It was more of a trade off. Felton is a damn good point guard.

giantyankee1976
07-15-2012, 04:52 AM

I like Lin BUT felt that Felton/ Amar'e was a better fit and hated to see Ray leave to begin with.

nycsportzfan
07-15-2012, 08:10 AM
they didnt trade lin he's a rfa. they traded jeffries and that other scrub for felton and kurt thomas. i see a lot of people panicking and thinking this move means the knicks won't bring back lin, i just see it as insurance in case injuries occur to lin or kidd. or simply insurance in case lin plays poorly. i also wouldnt be surprised if the knicks acted like they werent gonna match just to mess with houston. knicks are probably upset that houston upped their offer to lin from 20 mil to 25 mil. which if the knicks match would mean 15 mil for lin in year 3. Ya, but didnt we just sign Pablo Prigioni PG from Spanish league? Hes not just some scrub from what i gather, and would give us 4pg's if we were to retain Jeremey Lin as well.. </P>

</P>

I don't like the idea of letting Lin go.. We got the perfect mentor for our young phenom, in jason kidd, and it seems that deal would likely be far less apeasing if Kidd didn't have a guy like Lin to mentor.. I'm also not sold that Felton will be every bit as good as he was in the small sample size that he was here before.. Its a totally diffrent system and team then when he was here..</P>

I just don't get how the knicks go from being all in, no matter what on Lin, to getting "mad" and letting him go because ofluxury tax payment in yr 3of the deal that will be pretty hefty.. U don't let guys like Lin go, when ur a team like the knicks.. With Lin, the knicks have at least 2young pieces they can grow with , in Shump and Lin, but without em, its a truly old team with no Lin/Shump duo to keep the future beyond the next yr or 2 bright. </P>

</P>

Having Prignioni , Felton,. Kidd, and Lin just seems a bit much, in the PG dept.. </P>

nycsportzfan
07-15-2012, 08:14 AM

I like Lin BUT felt that Felton/ Amar'e was a better fit and hated to see Ray leave to begin with.
On upside alone, Lin is worth ten times as much as Felton.. Ur talking about a guy in Lin who did things that were outta this world without having much NBA playing time, and not even a ton of big time competition in college.. Lin has a chance to become a star in this league with kidd mentoring him, and gaining more exp, and having a full training camp with this team... Sure Lin could fizzle, but the upside is just far to great to let em walk.. We could very well have another star we didn't even expect to have in Lin, to go with Melo and Amare... When u get lucky like that, u don't gamble, and let the guy walk, for anything... The reward on lin far outweighs the risk, in my opinion...

giantyankee1976
07-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Having Prignioni , Felton,. Kidd, and Lin just seems a bit much, in the PG dept.. </p>

Arnold Horshack says,"Ooo, ooo,ooo."
Mr Kotter says, "What Horshack?"
Horshack says,"Melo."

I like Melo but can't stand him at times. When Melo returned it was well known that he really wasn't feeling a 1G in the mix at all.

I bet the PG soup we see is more of a mix-n-match or plug-n-play sort of thing.

Again, I agree with you on the Youth thing, feel the same about the Yanks...

nycsportzfan
07-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Having Prignioni , Felton,. Kidd, and Lin just seems a bit much, in the PG dept.. </P>

Arnold Horshack says,"Ooo, ooo,ooo."
Mr Kotter says, "What Horshack?"
Horshack says,"Melo."

I like Melo but can't stand him at times. When Melo returned it was well known that he really wasn't feeling a 1G in the mix at all.

I bet the PG soup we see is more of a mix-n-match or plug-n-play sort of thing.

Again, I agree with you on the Youth thing, feel the same about the Yanks...
One of my favorite things about this offseason was not only adding Kidd and Camby to the WIN now knick team, but also having young backcourt of Lin and Shump to grow with as well, and have some sort of future as well.. I can promise u that Raymond Felton is nothing at all for this team in the longterm.. He played in a completely diffrent system under dantoni when he had his Flukey 30game barrage for us the first time.. Since then, hes been said to show up outta shape, and in a similar offense in portalnd(more similar to woodson's offense as Den was more simlar to dantoni), he was absoulutley 100pct abysmal.... </P>

I can see Bricked wideopen 3's with 2seconds on the shot clock from Felton as we speak.. Lin was way more creative driving to the hoop then felton ever will be, and has barley scratched the surface.. He was doing these things in his first real taste of proffesional b-ball, with no real quality practice with the team or anything.. Everyteam felton goes to ends up going with a younger PG except the knicks..lol THe nuggetts decided Ty Lawson was the answer, and teh Blazers drafted the kid from Weber St in the top 10.. The knicks on the other hand let Lin walk..lol</P>

giantyankee1976
07-15-2012, 08:49 AM
yeah I am afraid Lin may be to "expensive" to keep. And I was adding up to maybe pick up some of Lin's Knicks swag after I copped a Tuck jersey... [:(]

Kinda hope Lin stays, can't disagree with you with repect to a younger backcourt, though if we had a truly gifted or at least athletic 1G to replace Jeremy it would help me some.

tripleaamin9
07-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Knicks were projected to pay up to 50 million in tax money if we matched Lin.

nycsportzfan
07-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Knicks were projected to pay up to 50 million in tax money if we matched Lin.
And how much would they profit with off the court money they'd make from endorsing lin, whos value stretches much further then the united states.. Let alone how much money the team would make if they truly were contending with Lin on the team.. Imagine Lin turns into a star on this team and they are even a 3-4 seed each yr, let alone a 2-3 seed or dare i say, 1 seed??lol The money this team would make would be disgusting!!!lol </P>

</P>

Its very hard to find stars or even above Avg players in this league, let alone have one fall in ur lap.. That alone is reason enough to bring lin back.. Even the chance of having a franchise PG on ur team is worth the investment.. If he ends up in Houston with Dwight Howard, and he continues to build on last yr, its gonna hurt the kicks alot more then 50million dollars.. That'll just be insult to injury..</P>

sharick88
07-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Raymond felton again and Kurt Thomas again?

EliTE
07-15-2012, 02:25 PM
jason kidd just got a dwi lol

i still think the knicks will match lin. having 4 pgs is a lot but until shumpert is healthy we have no other legit sgs other than jr smith. i could see different combos of pgs on the floor at the same time. we could play small ball with 2 pgs, jr at sf, melo at pf and stat/chandler/camby at c.

also just for depth. what if kidd gets hurt? what if lin gets hurt or simply struggles? you want that euro pg out there starting? felton is a good insurance policy for the future. what if kidd retires after this next year? we'll still have felton to split minutes with lin.

it seems possible the knicks won't match lin... if that is the case it's a big mistake. at worst lin could be traded later. losing him for nothing would be foolish.

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 02:31 PM
The Mavs won the championship with a solid 3 PG rotation a couple years ago, often having 2 PG's on the floor at the same time. If they get Lin back, maybe you'll see a lineup like

Felton-Kidd-
Lin-Smith-Shump
Melo-Novak
Stat-Camby
Chandler-Camby

nycsportzfan
07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
jason kidd just got a dwi lol i still think the knicks will match lin. having 4 pgs is a lot but until shumpert is healthy we have no other legit sgs other than jr smith. i could see different combos of pgs on the floor at the same time. we could play small ball with 2 pgs, jr at sf, melo at pf and stat/chandler/camby at c. also just for depth. what if kidd gets hurt? what if lin gets hurt or simply struggles? you want that euro pg out there starting? felton is a good insurance policy for the future. what if kidd retires after this next year? we'll still have felton to split minutes with lin. it seems possible the knicks won't match lin... if that is the case it's a big mistake. at worst lin could be traded later. losing him for nothing would be foolish. Were losing Lin for nothing.. They broke the news all ready.. </P>

</P>

Kidd gets arrested for a DWI the same day we let Lin walk...LOLWe went from a Veteran HOF PG mentoring a possible future star, with Prignioni as a pass first, savy 3rd PG, to having Raymond Felton and a HOF PG who got popped for a DWI...lol</P>

jomo
07-15-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrant at over 10%)

THE_New_York_Giants
07-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrant at over 10%)
Texas has no state income tax. There is a huge Chinese population in Houston as well. Players play taxes on the state each game is played though because they get their checks after the game. So 41 of his games are taxed in Texas, the rest are taxed elsewhere.

jomo
07-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Texas has no state income tax. There is a huge Chinese population in Houston as well. Players play taxes on the state each game is played though because they get their checks after the game. So 41 of his games are taxed in Texas, the rest are taxed elsewhere.
I was thinking beyond the city as far as his brand. Lin was moving toward a global brand last year (seems crazy to say that and he'll have to play well to sustain that obviously) However if he were to be a player at a high level I was thinking that NYC was a more formidable place to launch from. Just thinking out loud.

nycsportzfan
07-15-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrant at over 10%) Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team.. I think Lin actually owed the knicks, persoanlly.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks.. Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info.. Thats a snake move! First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!

giantyankee1976
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
globally:

New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, yes Miami would garber possible International buzz.

H-Town? Not so much, even in spite of the recent successes of Yao Ming.

Yi Jianlian anyone?

jomo
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrant at over 10%) Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team.. I think Lin actually owed the knicks, persoanlly.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks.. Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info.. Thats a snake move! First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think.

EliTE
07-15-2012, 06:43 PM
knicks have still not made a decision on lin yet. stop believing rumors and random "sources" on twitter.

if the knicks do decide to not match lin's offer, from what i've read/heard it's not simply about the luxury tax implications.

supposedly the knicks told lin they would match the original offer, which was 3 years 20 mil with a team option for a 4th year at 10 mil. lin then went behind the knicks back and told the rockets this to convince them to give him more money. it sounds pretty shady. i think the knicks owner is pissed at lin for doing that behind their backs.

i still think it would be stupid to not match. at worst you can trade lin a year or 2 down the line. losing him for nothing doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

giantyankee1976
07-15-2012, 07:33 PM
good points. I thought it was a "done deal."

still think the PG carousel is due to a fickle ballhog Melo though...

gumby742
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
globally:

New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, yes Miami would garber possible International buzz.

Yi Jianlian anyone?
</P>

There's one huge, huge difference. Lin is american born. Not only can my friends related to him, but their kid's too. When Lin became huge, the country and problems adjusting. Do you think any writer in their right mind would title a black athlete as niggardly on the front page? And yes, that is a real word. Asian americans just weren't taken seriously. Yao Ming, Yi Jianlian were difficult to related to. For asian americans, Lin represents a solution to the cultural challenges that face them today.</P>

nycsportzfan
07-16-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrant at over 10%) Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team.. I think Lin actually owed the knicks, persoanlly.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks.. Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info.. Thats a snake move! First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think. I think hes a herb.. And i would never want that dude on my team, assuming the stuff about going back to houston with info is true.. I know some will say, hes gotta do what hes gotta do for money, and the money part i have no problem with.. Its the fact that in my opinion, he did owe NY.. I normally woulden't say that, but this is a dude who again, woulden't even be playing on any NBA team if not for the knicks.. Dudes a goofy snakey scrub! I'm gonna laugh my arse off if he stinks it up from here on out..

giantyankee1976
07-16-2012, 08:17 PM
globally:

Yi Jianlian anyone?
</p>

There's one huge, huge difference. Lin is american born. Not only can my friends related to him, but their kid's too. When Lin became huge, the country and problems adjusting. Do you think any writer in their right mind would title a black athlete as niggardly on the front page? And yes, that is a real word. Asian Americans just weren't taken seriously. Yao Ming, Yi Jianlian were difficult to related to. For Asian Americans, Lin represents a solution to the cultural challenges that face them today.</p>

good point however I still believe Lin being associated with any one of the U.S's 3 largest urban sprawls can only help his international acclaim or at minimum, his appeal and the NBA's, in mainland China, Taiwan etc.

As to niggardly, the dictionary describes the word as reluctant to give or spend; miserly; stingy.

Now if the media paper or what have you used the "N-word" as an adjective then in this way I agree with you.

Redeyejedi
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrent at over 10%)* Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a* RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team..* I think Lin actually owed the knicks, personally.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks..* Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info..* Thats a snake move!* First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think. I think hes a herb.. And i would never want that dude on my team, assuming the stuff about going back to houston with info is true..* I know some will say, hes gotta do what hes gotta do for money, and the money part i have no problem with.. Its the fact that in my opinion, he did owe NY..* I normally woulden't say that, but this is a dude who again, woulden't even be playing on any NBA team if not for the knicks.. Dudes a goofy snakey scrub! I'm gonna laugh my arse off if he stinks it up from here on out.. I think Lin believes he may be better off in Houston and i agee with him. Looking at what the Knicks have done with this roster it is clear that the Knicks are trying to build a team to beat the heat. They are building a slow it down iso team that plays strong defense and limits TO's. They will run an old school Knick offense that will run through the post.I think thats why Amare is working with Hakeem. The up and down motion offense doesnt take advantage of the Heats weaknesses and actually makes the Heat even better. The constant cutting and passing allows the Heat to create turnovers and score in transition. Letting the Heat get out and run is a death sentence.

Now if your Lin do u want to stay with the Knicks? A team that is going to take the ball out of your hands and put it in Amare/Melo's. By doing that u are taking away what Lin does well which is driving and kicking.For the Knicks the wild passing is exactly what your half court defense doesnt want.. Woodson wants a PG to get Melo/Amare in their spots and play tough defense thats not what Jeremy Lin is.Thats why he was cut twice before he went to the Knicks. He isnt the best ball handler or the best passer.His game is built on the things the knicks arent going to be doing.

For the Knicks the best thing it seems would be to start him at the 2 and finish the games with JR Smith and Kidd.However playing Lin at the 2 would really hurt the knicks defense

If Lin goes to Houston he will be able to do the things that made him an Icon. The team has zero talent around him. he will be able to drive and kick, dominate the ball no one will care. He will put up 20 and 8 increase his brand. They wont win much but Lin will get his numbers.He will stay a pop star.

gumby742
07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
globally:

Yi Jianlian anyone?
</P>

There's one huge, huge difference. Lin is american born. Not only can my friends related to him, but their kid's too. When Lin became huge, the country and problems adjusting. Do you think any writer in their right mind would title a black athlete as niggardly on the front page? And yes, that is a real word. Asian Americans just weren't taken seriously. Yao Ming, Yi Jianlian were difficult to related to. For Asian Americans, Lin represents a solution to the cultural challenges that face them today.</P>

good point however I still believe Lin being associated with any one of the U.S's 3 largest urban sprawls can only help his international acclaim or at minimum, his appeal and the NBA's, in mainland China, Taiwan etc.

As to niggardly, the dictionary describes the word as reluctant to give or spend; miserly; stingy.

Now if the media paper or what have you used the "N-word" as an adjective then in this way I agree with you.
</P>

No doubt, he'll get more acclaim here in NYC. However, if he is only average, he'll also fall from grace a lot harder. As much as I cheer for him and want to see him play, it would probably benefit him if he goes to Houston where he's going to be THE guy and work on his game. Here he'll always be 3rd and won't be able to grow as much, imo. But depending on how you look at things, if he goes to houston, teams will be locked on stopping him. So I don't know. I think he should goto Houston, prove himself, then take the league by storm again.</P>

gumby742
07-17-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrent at over 10%) Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team.. I think Lin actually owed the knicks, personally.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks.. Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info.. Thats a snake move! First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think. I think hes a herb.. And i would never want that dude on my team, assuming the stuff about going back to houston with info is true.. I know some will say, hes gotta do what hes gotta do for money, and the money part i have no problem with.. Its the fact that in my opinion, he did owe NY.. I normally woulden't say that, but this is a dude who again, woulden't even be playing on any NBA team if not for the knicks.. Dudes a goofy snakey scrub! I'm gonna laugh my arse off if he stinks it up from here on out.. I think Lin believes he may be better off in Houston and i agee with him. Looking at what the Knicks have done with this roster it is clear that the Knicks are trying to build a team to beat the heat. They are building a slow it down iso team that plays strong defense and limits TO's. They will run an old school Knick offense that will run through the post.I think thats why Amare is working with Hakeem. The up and down motion offense doesnt take advantage of the Heats weaknesses and actually makes the Heat even better. The constant cutting and passing allows the Heat to create turnovers and score in transition. Letting the Heat get out and run is a death sentence. Now if your Lin do u want to stay with the Knicks? A team that is going to take the ball out of your hands and put it in Amare/Melo's. By doing that u are taking away what Lin does well which is driving and kicking.For the Knicks the wild passing is exactly what your half court defense doesnt want.. Woodson wants a PG to get Melo/Amare in their spots and play tough defense thats not what Jeremy Lin is.Thats why he was cut twice before he went to the Knicks. He isnt the best ball handler or the best passer.His game is built on the things the knicks arent going to be doing. For the Knicks the best thing it seems would be to start him at the 2 and finish the games with JR Smith and Kidd.However playing Lin at the 2 would really hurt the knicks defense If Lin goes to Houston he will be able to do the things that made him an Icon. The team has zero talent around him. he will be able to drive and kick, dominate the ball no one will care. He will put up 20 and 8 increase his brand. They wont win much but Lin will get his numbers.He will stay a pop star.</P>

I agree with this.</P>

nycsportzfan
07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrent at over 10%) Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team.. I think Lin actually owed the knicks, personally.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks.. Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info.. Thats a snake move! First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think. I think hes a herb.. And i would never want that dude on my team, assuming the stuff about going back to houston with info is true.. I know some will say, hes gotta do what hes gotta do for money, and the money part i have no problem with.. Its the fact that in my opinion, he did owe NY.. I normally woulden't say that, but this is a dude who again, woulden't even be playing on any NBA team if not for the knicks.. Dudes a goofy snakey scrub! I'm gonna laugh my arse off if he stinks it up from here on out.. I think Lin believes he may be better off in Houston and i agee with him. Looking at what the Knicks have done with this roster it is clear that the Knicks are trying to build a team to beat the heat. They are building a slow it down iso team that plays strong defense and limits TO's. They will run an old school Knick offense that will run through the post.I think thats why Amare is working with Hakeem. The up and down motion offense doesnt take advantage of the Heats weaknesses and actually makes the Heat even better. The constant cutting and passing allows the Heat to create turnovers and score in transition. Letting the Heat get out and run is a death sentence. Now if your Lin do u want to stay with the Knicks? A team that is going to take the ball out of your hands and put it in Amare/Melo's. By doing that u are taking away what Lin does well which is driving and kicking.For the Knicks the wild passing is exactly what your half court defense doesnt want.. Woodson wants a PG to get Melo/Amare in their spots and play tough defense thats not what Jeremy Lin is.Thats why he was cut twice before he went to the Knicks. He isnt the best ball handler or the best passer.His game is built on the things the knicks arent going to be doing. For the Knicks the best thing it seems would be to start him at the 2 and finish the games with JR Smith and Kidd.However playing Lin at the 2 would really hurt the knicks defense If Lin goes to Houston he will be able to do the things that made him an Icon. The team has zero talent around him. he will be able to drive and kick, dominate the ball no one will care. He will put up 20 and 8 increase his brand. They wont win much but Lin will get his numbers.He will stay a pop star. Lin was cut from 2 Up tempo teams all ready.. I love ur post, but i think we don't even have a clue what kinda player lins gonna grow into.. I think there will be plenty of opp's to drive for anyone on the knicks team, because theres just not enough of a inside game for the knicks.. I mean, u look at Chris Paul.. He is fantastic at driving the ball and is on a team that plays slow halfcourt offense, and yet u watch em, and he still finds time to drive to teh basket at least 10 times or more a game... Deron Williams is the same deal.. I think if ur good, ur not just "uptempo" or "halfcourt" player.. Ur simply good and can play the game of basketball without limitations.. </P>

</P>

If Jeremey Lin isn't good enough to be a quality player in a half court offense, then piece out! Also, do u think Houston's gonna be a uptempo team with Dwight Howard in there? Sure he might not go to Houston, but there certainly trying to get em, and Lin knows this.. I think Lin wants to be on the knicks, and simply tried his hardest to get every penny, regardless of how snakey he had to do it..</P>

I don't care what anyone says, if he went back to houston like a little B-itch and gave them all the info that he had shared with the knicks brass, then he can suck a phat one! Dudes a snake in the grass! Peace out!</P>

U know i'm a fiesty guy and get angry, but never do i call names as harsh as i am right now.. I see Lin as a guy u never ever want to be in a bunker with.. Dude was quoted during the playoffs as saying he couldent play because he was only 85pct!!!!LOLLOL Are u kidding? Dudes are playing with basically one knee, and off season surgery awaiting them, and this ****** whos been a nobody for 2yrs can't even suit up and give it his all for the team that has made him known and given him his chance? Hes a freaking terd! </P>

Redeyejedi
07-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrent at over 10%)* Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a* RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team..* I think Lin actually owed the knicks, personally.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks..* Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info..* Thats a snake move!* First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think. I think hes a herb.. And i would never want that dude on my team, assuming the stuff about going back to houston with info is true..* I know some will say, hes gotta do what hes gotta do for money, and the money part i have no problem with.. Its the fact that in my opinion, he did owe NY..* I normally woulden't say that, but this is a dude who again, woulden't even be playing on any NBA team if not for the knicks.. Dudes a goofy snakey scrub! I'm gonna laugh my arse off if he stinks it up from here on out.. I think Lin believes he may be better off in Houston and i agee with him. Looking at what the Knicks have done with this roster it is clear that the Knicks are trying to build a team to beat the heat. They are building a slow it down iso team that plays strong defense and limits TO's. They will run an old school Knick offense that will run through the post.I think thats why Amare is working with Hakeem. The up and down motion offense doesnt take advantage of the Heats weaknesses and actually makes the Heat even better. The constant cutting and passing allows the Heat to create turnovers and score in transition. Letting the Heat get out and run is a death sentence. Now if your Lin do u want to stay with the Knicks? A team that is going to take the ball out of your hands and put it in Amare/Melo's. By doing that u are taking away what Lin does well which is driving and kicking.For the Knicks the wild passing is exactly what your half court defense doesnt want.. Woodson wants a PG to get Melo/Amare in their spots and play tough defense thats not what Jeremy Lin is.Thats why he was cut twice before he went to the Knicks. He isnt the best ball handler or the best passer.His game is built on the things the knicks arent going to be doing. For the Knicks the best thing it seems would be to start him at the 2 and finish the games with JR Smith and Kidd.However playing Lin at the 2 would really hurt the knicks defense If Lin goes to Houston he will be able to do the things that made him an Icon. The team has zero talent around him. he will be able to drive and kick, dominate the ball no one will care. He will put up 20 and 8 increase his brand. They wont win much but Lin will get his numbers.He will stay a pop star.* Lin was cut from 2 Up tempo teams all ready..* I love ur post, but i think we don't even have a clue what* kinda player lins gonna grow into..* I think there will be plenty of opp's to drive for anyone on the knicks team, because theres just not enough of a inside game for the knicks..** I mean, u look at Chris Paul..* He is fantastic at driving the ball and is on a team that plays slow halfcourt offense, and yet u watch em, and he still finds time to drive to teh basket at least 10 times or more a game...* Deron Williams is the same deal..* I think if ur good, ur not* just "uptempo" or "halfcourt" player.. Ur simply good and can play the game of basketball without limitations.. </P>

*</P>

If Jeremey Lin isn't good enough to be a quality player in a half court offense, then piece out!* Also, do u think* Houston's gonna be a uptempo team with Dwight Howard in there? Sure he might not go to Houston, but there certainly trying to get em, and Lin knows this..* I think Lin wants to be on the knicks, and simply tried his hardest to get every penny, regardless of how snakey he had to do it..</P>

*I don't care what anyone says, if he went back to houston like a little B-itch and gave them all the info* that he had shared with the knicks brass, then he can suck a phat one!** Dudes a snake in the grass!* Peace out!</P>

U know i'm a fiesty guy and get angry, but never do i call names as harsh as i am right now.. I see Lin as a guy u never ever want to be in a bunker with..* Dude was quoted during the playoffs as saying he couldent play because he was only 85pct!!!!LOLLOL* Are u kidding?** Dudes are playing with basically one knee, and off season surgery awaiting them, and this ****** whos been a nobody for 2yrs can't even suit up and give it his all for the team that has made him known and given him his chance?** Hes a freaking terd! </P>Paul can do it all he fits everywhere. Lins whole game is drive to the basket and kick.Outside of that he doesnt do many things well. His handle is below average , His outside Shot is Okay "Could Improve on that",Terribe defensivly. Im assuming a lot but from what Ive seen this offseason there is an idenity the Knicks are forming.I really believe they want to be a grind it down Half Court team. Built around Chandler / Camby protecting the rim. The Knicks have some pretty good peremeter defenders Shumperts fantastic, Jr Smith is solid so is Kidd. On Offense going with the individual ability of Melo/ Amare + spot up shooting of Novak/Kidd/JR Smith .JR Smith is actually a good jump shooter had an awful year shooting should bounce back

nycsportzfan
07-17-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm thinking that Lin got some bad advice here. I am not sure how much "brand Lin" is worth with a base in Texas versus a base in NYC. I never begrudge anyone making every nickle possible however, I believe his total earning potential is much greater in NY than in Texas (although NYS and NYC income taxes are a big deterrent at over 10%) Somehow, this easy "match" offer turned into some ridiculous thing, and it seems rare a RFA ends up having this much drama with any other team.. I think Lin actually owed the knicks, personally.. Dude would be on the back of someones bench and probably not even in the NBA if not for the knicks.. Sure, go sign ur deal with houston, but by all means, don't go running back with info.. Thats a snake move! First u here he was upset at the knicks and then this... I'm glad the snake is gone.... Peace out!I enjoyed that short moment in Knicks history like everyone else but have no problem with them refusing to get jerked around. I'm not sure that the guy is put together physically to stand up to the rigors of being a starting point guard in the NBA. He's lost quite a bit of his "charm" through this episode I think. I think hes a herb.. And i would never want that dude on my team, assuming the stuff about going back to houston with info is true.. I know some will say, hes gotta do what hes gotta do for money, and the money part i have no problem with.. Its the fact that in my opinion, he did owe NY.. I normally woulden't say that, but this is a dude who again, woulden't even be playing on any NBA team if not for the knicks.. Dudes a goofy snakey scrub! I'm gonna laugh my arse off if he stinks it up from here on out.. I think Lin believes he may be better off in Houston and i agee with him. Looking at what the Knicks have done with this roster it is clear that the Knicks are trying to build a team to beat the heat. They are building a slow it down iso team that plays strong defense and limits TO's. They will run an old school Knick offense that will run through the post.I think thats why Amare is working with Hakeem. The up and down motion offense doesnt take advantage of the Heats weaknesses and actually makes the Heat even better. The constant cutting and passing allows the Heat to create turnovers and score in transition. Letting the Heat get out and run is a death sentence. Now if your Lin do u want to stay with the Knicks? A team that is going to take the ball out of your hands and put it in Amare/Melo's. By doing that u are taking away what Lin does well which is driving and kicking.For the Knicks the wild passing is exactly what your half court defense doesnt want.. Woodson wants a PG to get Melo/Amare in their spots and play tough defense thats not what Jeremy Lin is.Thats why he was cut twice before he went to the Knicks. He isnt the best ball handler or the best passer.His game is built on the things the knicks arent going to be doing. For the Knicks the best thing it seems would be to start him at the 2 and finish the games with JR Smith and Kidd.However playing Lin at the 2 would really hurt the knicks defense If Lin goes to Houston he will be able to do the things that made him an Icon. The team has zero talent around him. he will be able to drive and kick, dominate the ball no one will care. He will put up 20 and 8 increase his brand. They wont win much but Lin will get his numbers.He will stay a pop star. Lin was cut from 2 Up tempo teams all ready.. I love ur post, but i think we don't even have a clue what kinda player lins gonna grow into.. I think there will be plenty of opp's to drive for anyone on the knicks team, because theres just not enough of a inside game for the knicks.. I mean, u look at Chris Paul.. He is fantastic at driving the ball and is on a team that plays slow halfcourt offense, and yet u watch em, and he still finds time to drive to teh basket at least 10 times or more a game... Deron Williams is the same deal.. I think if ur good, ur not just "uptempo" or "halfcourt" player.. Ur simply good and can play the game of basketball without limitations.. </P>

</P>

If Jeremey Lin isn't good enough to be a quality player in a half court offense, then piece out! Also, do u think Houston's gonna be a uptempo team with Dwight Howard in there? Sure he might not go to Houston, but there certainly trying to get em, and Lin knows this.. I think Lin wants to be on the knicks, and simply tried his hardest to get every penny, regardless of how snakey he had to do it..</P>

I don't care what anyone says, if he went back to houston like a little B-itch and gave them all the info that he had shared with the knicks brass, then he can suck a phat one! Dudes a snake in the grass! Peace out!</P>

U know i'm a fiesty guy and get angry, but never do i call names as harsh as i am right now.. I see Lin as a guy u never ever want to be in a bunker with.. Dude was quoted during the playoffs as saying he couldent play because he was only 85pct!!!!LOLLOL Are u kidding? Dudes are playing with basically one knee, and off season surgery awaiting them, and this ****** whos been a nobody for 2yrs can't even suit up and give it his all for the team that has made him known and given him his chance? Hes a freaking terd! </P>

Paul can do it all he fits everywhere. Lins whole game is drive to the basket and kick.Outside of that he doesnt do many things well. His handle is below average , His outside Shot is Okay "Could Improve on that",Terribe defensivly. Im assuming a lot but from what Ive seen this offseason there is an idenity the Knicks are forming.I really believe they want to be a grind it down Half Court team. Built around Chandler / Camby protecting the rim. The Knicks have some pretty good peremeter defenders Shumperts fantastic, Jr Smith is solid so is Kidd. On Offense going with the individual ability of Melo/ Amare + spot up shooting of Novak/Kidd/JR Smith .JR Smith is actually a good jump shooter had an awful year shooting should bounce back I think ur post makes alot of sense, but the knicks clearly want Lin back, and the only reason hes not coming back is the whole 3rd yr at 14.8million.. There is nothing else or no other reason why hes not back with us..I agree that Jr should have a much better yr shooting the ball.. Also, Shumpert coming back midway through the yr should be a big boost to the offense and defense off the bench.. I really like the way this teams built overall, but the upside of Lin is pretty good, and it annoys me, that we went from Lin and Kidd, to Felton and mr DWI in the matter of a day..lol Either way, the additon of Marcus Camby is insanely good, and Kidd as well... I'm pretty excited about this season, just alittle annoyed at Lins snake like acts.. Now that i'm calmed down, i'm looking forward to the season..</P>

</P>

Its to bad we coulden't go add Gilbert Arenas for the Vet Minimum.. I'd prefer Foye or Bellinelli, but they are gonna get better contracts then Vet min's.. Also, Willie Green would be a steal of a final piece. </P>

giantyankee1976
07-17-2012, 08:54 PM
That boy's gone come 11:59 PM EST

(What's with all the old guys on the Team though? LOL )

EliTE
07-18-2012, 12:05 AM
im really not that upset that lin is gone... im upset that he's gone for nothing...

the knicks won the bird rights case... yippe right?! just to overpay novak and let lin go for nothing.

at worst the knicks should have matched the deal and then traded him for a prospect or something! draft picks! anything! i really don't see the logic in letting him go for nothing.

giantyankee1976
07-18-2012, 07:56 AM
im really not that upset that lin is gone... im upset that he's gone for nothing...

the knicks won the bird rights case... yippe right?! just to overpay novak and let lin go for nothing.

at worst the knicks should have matched the deal and then traded him for a prospect or something! draft picks! anything! i really don't see the logic in letting him go for nothing.

yeah meanwhile weve got a platoon at PG, which I'm sure happened because of ball-hog Melo, and a truly "veteran" cast of players...

good luck Jeremy! No hard feelings toward ya'. Money doesn't talk, it yells.

gumby74
07-23-2012, 10:16 PM
testing ..had no idea what email i had set for gumby742. But I did find one of my older ones.

TrueBlue@NYC
07-24-2012, 02:22 PM
This Knicks team will make the playoffs but it's not going to make a run at anything. The Heat got even better than last year with the addition of Allen, Celtics added some nice pieces, Pacers will continue to improve and of course there's the Nets. And while I'm not nutty about losing Lin, I am terrified at our lack of depth right now. Especially while Shumpert is out.

Right now you igure the starters to be Chandler, Stat, Melo, JR and Felton. Which is a nice starting group. But our bench is essentially Kidd, Camby Novak and NOBODY! This team is one or two injuries away from being an average squad and is old in alot of places now. They're desperately thin up front unless you think Kurt Thomas is going to find the fountain of youth and they have no back-up 2 guard until December at the earliest when Shump comes back, and who knows how well he'll be able to play when he does return.

TrueBlue@NYC
07-25-2012, 02:57 PM
This Knicks team will make the playoffs but it's not going to make a run at anything. The Heat got even better than last year with the addition of Allen, Celtics added some nice pieces, Pacers will continue to improve and of course there's the Nets. And while I'm not nutty about losing Lin, I am terrified at our lack of depth right now. Especially while Shumpert is out.

Right now you igure the starters to be Chandler, Stat, Melo, JR and Felton. Which is a nice starting group. But our bench is essentially Kidd, Camby Novak and NOBODY! This team is one or two injuries away from being an average squad and is old in alot of places now. They're desperately thin up front unless you think Kurt Thomas is going to find the fountain of youth and they have no back-up 2 guard until December at the earliest when Shump comes back, and who knows how well he'll be able to play when he does return.

OK, well they took a step in the right direction. Just picked up Ronnie Brewer from the Bulls. Good perimeter defender, which is always good for this team, and can knock down the occassional three ball. Now they need to get another reliable big body off the bench. Would have been nice if they were able to have kept Jeffries.

DarceChoke
07-30-2012, 05:37 PM
OK, well they took a step in the right direction. Just picked up Ronnie Brewer from the Bulls. Good perimeter defender, which is always good for this team, and can knock down the occassional three ball. Now they need to get another reliable big body off the bench. Would have been nice if they were able to have kept Jeffries.I like the Ronnie Brewer move a lot especially with Shumpert rehabbing. Anyone good enough to get 20-25mpg on the top seed bulls is good enough for me. If Grunwald can go out and get kmart to back up Amare this team might make some noise. Defense has been seriously upgraded if nothing else. Andray Blatche is an intriguing PF left who could come for vet min.

giantyankee1976
07-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Ronnie was a decent-to-good BENCH player for the Bulls. He has heart and a motor. Solid pick-up for the NYK.

gumby74
08-04-2012, 12:09 PM

As a self-proclaimed Lin fan boy and someone that will watching the Rockets going forward, even I can say that he's not worth (as as player only) the contract he was given. The sample size was just too small. 14 million in his final year was just too ridiculous. I hate Melo, but he was right when he said the contract was out of control.