PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says were overrated...

OsiStrahan#1combo
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7723736&_slug_=nfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fstory%3fid%3d7723736%26_slug_%3dnfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants

What else is new? I dont have insider but just by reading the first couple of paragraphs is all I need to NOT read this article.

Bing Crosby
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Well to be fair it's Chris Sprow and Clayton that are overlooking us again. The rest of the "power rankers" ranked us first. For whatever that's worth.<font color="#000000"><cite class="source"> </cite></font>

FBomb
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Power rankings in March???</P>

</P>

jparmer
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Overrated or not...

The new yor giants are superbowl champs!

Screw the haters

burier
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Boredom rankings??

Drez
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Power rankings in March???</p>

</p>
Yup. The traditional, "There's a month to the draft and nothing going on in FA (save for the Teblow circus) Power Rankings."

BlueJayC
03-23-2012, 12:55 PM
I guess there's no reason to go to any of the games this year.... :(</P>

Jets and Eagles are locks again......</P>

Drez
03-23-2012, 12:55 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7723736&amp;_slug_=nfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants&amp;action=upsell&amp;appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsi der.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fstory%3fid%3d7723736%26_sl ug_%3dnfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants

What else is new? I dont have insider but just by reading the first couple of paragraphs is all I need to NOT read this article.
Of course we're overrated at being in 1. If you did an objective power ranking (one where the SB champs aren't essentially guaranteed the first spot), then we'd probably be a little closer to 5.

Big freaking deal.

miked1958
03-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Well to be fair it's Chris Sprow and Clayton that are overlooking us again. The rest of the "power rankers" ranked us first. For whatever that's worth.<FONT color=#000000><CITE class=source> </CITE></FONT></P>

Yes they jumped us from 9to1 from last poll to this poll with all the changes going on in the NFL they said we are the SB Champs so therefore we are the team to beat.</P>

Then in the next sentence it says that we LOST SIGNIFICANT players from last yrs SB Roster, and the fact we only won 9 regular season games with all those players we will need to fill the holes fast or prob drop fast in rankings considering our schedule...</P>

HATERS GONNA HATE&gt; KEEP DOUBTING...</P>

</P>

miked1958
03-23-2012, 01:04 PM
This prob should be in its own thread but ......</P>

RememberGB in2010 were not all that good during the season and had a bunch of injuries like we did turned it on near the end of season to get WC spot. Thenby getting some guys back and getting hot at the right time, they won the SB.... JUST LIKE WE DID in 2011. Rodgers had a breakout season to help them get to where they needed to go and they had a core of WRs and TEs and guys on D that made it happen to make that season special. JUST like ELI and our WRs and TEs and Defense did in 2011....</P>

</P>

Well going into 2011 they were HEAVY Favorites to repeat......and went 15-1 and NO ONE thought we could beat them in playoffs. </P>

</P>

Now going into 2012 you would think we would get some respect that this ORG is doing something right to be able to do this twice in 4 yrs. BUT as usual NO ONE THINKS WE WILL REPEAT...LOL</P>

AND I LOVE IT</P>

G-Man67
03-23-2012, 01:34 PM
wouldn'tthey want to see our 53 man roster before judging the team?</P>

gotta love it ... if you want to say it's hard to repeat, well that's fine, but please</P>

OsiStrahan#1combo
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Well to be fair it's Chris Sprow and Clayton that are overlooking us again. The rest of the "power rankers" ranked us first. For whatever that's worth.<FONT color=#000000><CITE class=source> </CITE></FONT></P>

Yes they jumped us from 9to1 from last poll to this poll with all the changes going on in the NFL they said we are the SB Champs so therefore we are the team to beat.</P>

Then in the next sentence it says that we LOST SIGNIFICANT players from last yrs SB Roster, and the fact we only won 9 regular season games with all those players we will need to fill the holes fast or prob drop fast in rankings considering our schedule...</P>

HATERS GONNA HATE> KEEP DOUBTING...</P>

*</P>

Yea but the stupid thing about that statement "we are losing players from a 9-7 record"... did the writer forget that we LOST half our team before the season started? So were getting most of them back.

GfieldGmen
03-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Its usually customary for the super bowl winning team to be rated #1 no reason for them to hate.

TuckYou
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I can hear it already...</P>

Eli needs to prove he is on that elite level</P>

Osi is complaining over contract</P>

Antrel Rolle guarantees playoffs again</P>

giantsfan420
03-23-2012, 03:41 PM
This prob should be in its own thread but ......</P>

Remember*GB in*2010 *were not all that good during the season and had a bunch of injuries like we did turned it on near the end of season to get WC spot. Then*by getting some guys back and getting hot at the right time, they won the SB.... JUST LIKE WE DID in 2011. Rodgers had a breakout season to help them get to where they needed to go and they had a core of WRs and TEs and guys on D that made it happen to make that season special. JUST like ELI and our WRs and TEs and Defense did in 2011....</P>

*</P>

Well going into 2011 they were HEAVY Favorites to repeat......and went 15-1 and NO ONE thought we could beat them in playoffs. </P>

*</P>

Now going into 2012 you would think we would get some respect that this ORG is doing something right to be able to do this twice in 4 yrs. BUT as usual NO ONE THINKS WE WILL REPEAT...LOL</P>

AND I LOVE IT</P>

Dont forget greenbay actually did what we did in 07 and the follow season. We were just as dominant as gb until plex shot himself.
i full out expect the team to continue the brand of football the played those final 6 games bc they know they can do it.confidence is huge in football esp earned confidence

Diamondring
03-23-2012, 03:53 PM

HATERS GONNA HATE> KEEP DOUBTING...</P>

*</P>

Yea but the stupid thing about that statement "we are losing players from a 9-7 record"... did the writer forget that we LOST half our team before the season started? So were getting most of them back.To him, injuries are part of the game and means nothing in the article so he didn't mentioned it.

Bigbluereckingcrew
03-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Yes, this ^

THE_New_York_Giants
03-24-2012, 12:45 PM

Yes, this ^
I gave my season tickets back and cancelled Sunday ticket. I just don't see the point in even playing a season with the likes of Vick and Rex Ryan in the league. They've both never lost a game and have like a bazillion championships between the two whilst the Giants have none. Not to mention that football god Aaron Rodgers. We can't compete in this league. /red

RoanokeFan
03-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Power rankings in March???</p>

</p>

Ludicrous!

G-Men Surg.
03-24-2012, 01:01 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7723736&_slug_=nfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fstory%3fid%3d7723736%26_slug_%3dnfl-power-rankings-overrating-new-york-giants

Nothing new here. I remember back in 08 when Big Blue beat the Pats in the SB the next power ranking right of the bat had the Patsies in top. This time around the just did the right thing. If you win it all you have to be on top, that's my opinion . That been said I never cared about rankings.

buffyblue
03-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I couldn’t care less if they ranked us 32. We are Superbowl Champions and that is what counts.

cken
03-24-2012, 01:36 PM
1. Since when was BSPN reliable?

2. Since when are the Giants ever held in positive light by sports media (let's say in contrast to "America's Team)

BigBlue1971
03-24-2012, 01:54 PM
I couldn’t care less if they ranked us 32. We are Superbowl Champions and that is what counts.</P>

</P>

+1.</P>

besides if they didnt say it someone else would have! </P>

giantyankee1976
03-24-2012, 01:58 PM

and this surprises us because ?

hungrrrry
03-25-2012, 10:33 AM
If the giants play defense like we did during most of the regular season then I would agree that this team is way overrated. If Perry Fewell rushes 4 guys consistently then the sky is the limit...watch out NFL. I don't think any of our losses in free agency hurt us....however, I would like to see MLB and RB beefed up,

Diamondring
03-25-2012, 02:15 PM
If the giants play defense like we did during most of the regular season then I would agree that this team is way overrated. If Perry Fewell rushes 4 guys consistently then the sky is the limit...watch out NFL. I don't think any of our losses in free agency hurt us....however, I would like to see MLB and RB beefed up,I bet if Giants did beef up those two postions, I bet that another position would be weaken like wr wich I felt it has been with Mario gone.