PDA

View Full Version : Should bradshaw carry the load?

Marvelousmik
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM
He is one of the hardest guys to bring down, never complains, doesnt get into trouble and is a team first guy. There is no question he plays his heart out for us, and he does it even when he is injured. So don't get me wrong here, i like bradshaw.

But because of how injury prone he is I really think a RB is a very important need for us in this up coming draft. I mean lets face it, Dj ware hasnt shown any type of flashes yet, and i don't know if they are willing to trust scott. I can't really see bradshaw carrying the full load and still being healthy later on in the season.

He says hes ready to be the go to guy, but id rather him split 60/40 preferably 50/50 with another reliable back. I think he would play better if he shared a lot of carries, because he would be on the sidelines hungry to get into the game.

What do you think?

ny06
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
First of all Bradshaw is not injury proned. </P>

He has bad feet, it's been that way since college. </P>

But to answer your question I think it's a wise decision to have a complimentary runningback to Bradshaw. In todays NFL it's smart to have 2 reliable runningbacks on the roster. I would like the Giants to bring back Jacobs, but I am also not against drafting a runningback. </P>

We don't know what to expect from Scott, in limited time he had 2 fumbles. But we all saw what he can bring to a team last preseason. Explosive speed...</P>

GameTime
03-23-2012, 02:25 PM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2525457.aspx (/forums/thread/2525457.aspx)</P>

discussed here...</P>

</P>

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 02:25 PM

He has bad feet, it's been that way since college.

Isnt that still injury prone?

Either way.... Bradshaw is not durable enough to be the only proven back on the roster.

Of course the fantastical DJ Ware is under contract. Sure we will see a ton of him for no reason next year.

ny06
03-23-2012, 02:30 PM

He has bad feet, it's been that way since college. Isnt that still injury prone? Either way.... Bradshaw is not durable enough to be the only proven back on the roster. Of course the fantastical DJ Ware is under contract. Sure we will see a ton of him for no reason next year.

I look at Bradshawas havingdegenerate feet issues, when I think of injury proned players I see a guy who just can't stay healthy. See Travis Beckum...</P>

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I look at Bradshaw*as having*degenerate feet issues, when I think of injury proned players I see a guy who just can't stay healthy. See Travis Beckum...</P>

Bradshaw cant stay healthy though.

I think it makes more sense to label a guy with the same injury over and over as injury prone more than a guy who has completely separate and perhaps fluke injuries.

Its just semantics really.

burier
03-23-2012, 02:35 PM
"I look at Bradshaw as having degenerate feet"

That made me laugh for some reason

G-Man67
03-23-2012, 02:37 PM
we will need a rotation of backs ... it would be pointless to run AB into the ground even if his backups are struggling ... we'll figure something out ... still very early in the whole 2012 process

RoanokeFan
"I look at Bradshaw as having degenerate feet"

That made me laugh for some reason

We ALL know who we're talking about when you see the words "feet" and "degenerate" in the same sentence [:$]

GameTime
"I look at Bradshaw as having degenerate feet" That made me laugh for some reason</P>

I am sure Rex Ryan would be very interested if only knew this.....[;)]</P>

timmytimm3
03-23-2012, 02:39 PM

He has bad feet, it's been that way since college.

Isnt that still injury prone?

Either way.... Bradshaw is not durable enough to be the only proven back on the roster.

Of course the fantastical DJ Ware is under contract. Sure we will see a ton of him for no reason next year.

Who else will we run failed screens to??

NYG4lifeNYK
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
No, he cannot carry the load.

Needs Jacobs as a compliment. They feed off each other

nygsb42champs
03-23-2012, 02:50 PM
I want to see another back here that can help carry the load. Bradshaw should get a bulf of it but I have no faith in Ware and Scott is unproven.