PDA

View Full Version : Something about Martellus Bennett that's hard to believe...

tuck&rolle
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
He's been in the league for 4 years so you wouldn't really think this, but he's younger than Victor Cruz! I think he's got potential to grow as a number one TE for the first time

slipknottin
03-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Nicks is over a year younger than Cruz too.

tuck&rolle
03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah it's pretty crazy how young we are at the offensive skill positions given the talent level

burier
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense?

Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that.

Eli needs to get ahold of him witha quickness.

nygsb42champs
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
That is interesting.

MattMeyerBud
03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense?

Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that.

ehh i disagree. AS a tight end it should be a complicated offense

TuckYou
03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Igot a strange feeling this Bennett pick up is going to be huge in 2012. He will put up solid #s, but also help a bunch in the run game.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-23-2012, 04:31 PM
my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense? Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that. Eli needs to get ahold of him witha quickness.

</P>

Yeah, the TE doesn't have nearly as many sight adjutsments on routes as the WRs' do. </P>

burier
03-23-2012, 04:57 PM
my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense? Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that. Eli needs to get ahold of him witha quickness.

</P>

Yeah, the TE doesn't have nearly as many sight adjutsments on routes as the WRs' do. </P>

I don't know..word on the street is Shockey never figured it out.

MattMeyerBud
03-23-2012, 04:59 PM

</p>

Yeah, the TE doesn't have nearly as many sight adjutsments on routes as the WRs' do. </p>

i never heard that one

JesseJames
03-23-2012, 06:27 PM

</p>

Yeah, the TE doesn't have nearly as many sight adjutsments on routes as the WRs' do. </p>

i never heard that one

I don't know if thats true about Shockey never figuring out sight adjustments but I know I've seen Eli talking to Shockey many time after a play and it could well be he was telling him about what he should have done and didn't do, Shockey never impressed me with his mental part of the game

JesseJames
03-23-2012, 06:27 PM

</p>

i never heard that one

I don't know if thats true about Shockey never figuring out sight adjustments but I know I've seen Eli talking to Shockey many time after a play and it could well be he was telling him about what he should have done and didn't do, Shockey never impressed me with his mental part of the game

B-Red22
03-23-2012, 06:32 PM

</P>

and by the street u mean in your own mind?

giantsfan420
03-23-2012, 06:37 PM

</p>

i never heard that one

Shockey would mess up on the sight adjustments too often for my liking. That one game from hell when we were home vs minnesota with elis infamous 4 int game, well two of them were on shockey. One play he sat on his curl route when he was supposed to clear out which would have brought his defender out of thd throwing lane. The defender who souldnt have been anywhere near the pass was right in the passing lane cuz shockey read it wrong. He did that again vs chicago i believe. The other int in that minn game, he was supposed to have actually sat in the zone on a curl, instead he ran an out, brought his defender who shoulda never been near the pass into the passing lane. This one went for 6my i believe.

Hed do it almost once a game guaranteed. Usually nothing bad happened like the minn game, theyd usually just fall incomplete or the play would look all ugly.

giantsfan420
03-23-2012, 06:41 PM
But i have nothing but confidence bennett is going to kill it. Unlike shockey, bennett seems to be here with the coadhes training instead of miami, hes said he cant wait to start working with eli, he wants to be a 60 catch guy he knows hes gonna have to work for it and gain elis trust.

Hes going to be a dangerous option hes going to kill it.

GMenNY21
03-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Damn... I wish Cruz was younger... He'll be 26 already next year!

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Damn... I wish Cruz was younger... He'll be 26 already next year!He will be fine, Athletic as hell.</P>

He hasnt been beaten up on as he can cut on a dime and not get hit as proven. I believe he will have plenty of years of enjoyment for US through the years as long as he doesnt get greedy.</P>

Nothing as of yet points to him wanting to be greedy, lets hope he realizes what the Giants have allowed him to accomplish as of now and continue with HIS career with US. So far I love his attitude towards football for sure.</P>

Garbloz
03-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Damn... I wish Cruz was younger... He'll be 26 already next year!

you need to worry more about when contracts are up. cause it will be really hard to keep all our stars. and the younger the more money. but this stuff keeps the nfl great. can't really buy sb wins

Gmenfan87
03-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Shockey thought Eli was only where he was because of the name on the back of his jersey and didn't respect him. It seems like he didn't respect much of anything. I think he kinda didn't listen to Eli or think it was important to do as Eli said.

Benett on the other hand is a space cadet. Look up some interviews and this guys is out there. I don't know if it is an act or what. I hope he has grown up some and looking to build a good football career cause he came to the right place if he is serious.

CDN_G-FAN
03-23-2012, 09:05 PM

+1

GMENAGAIN
03-23-2012, 09:17 PM
But i have nothing but confidence bennett is going to kill it. Unlike shockey, bennett seems to be here with the coadhes training instead of miami, hes said he cant wait to start working with eli, he wants to be a 60 catch guy he knows hes gonna have to work for it and gain elis trust. Hes going to be a dangerous option hes going to kill it.</P>

The problem is that if he kills it, he'll be out the door looking for more cash, since we only signed him to a one year deal.</P>

I guess that's better than him sucking though . . . . .</P>

sc_markt
03-23-2012, 11:09 PM
He's been in the league for 4 years so you wouldn't really think this, but he's younger than Victor Cruz! I think he's got potential to grow as a number one TE for the first time

Well, I've know a die-hard Cowboy fan for about 4 years now and when I told him we signed Bennett, he was glad that they got rid of Bennett AND that the Giants signed him.

YATittle1962
03-24-2012, 12:26 AM

</P>

actually not true

a TE deals with as much traffic as a slot receiver and will have an option on almost every single route in this offense

BillTheGreek
03-24-2012, 03:51 PM
He's Big, 6' 6" and solid, Great runner & blocker, Not a show boat ! He does not like the lime light. But can he catch ? We will soon see , when we get in the red zone.He has one year to prove himself. Also it would be GREAT if he can score a TD against his old teamates, on opening day. Good Luck to HIM !

Toadofsteel
03-25-2012, 09:37 AM

Well, I've know a die-hard Cowboy fan for about 4 years now and when I told him we signed Bennett, he was glad that they got rid of Bennett AND that the Giants signed him.

What will he think if Bennett kills it this season?

burier
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM

</P>

and by the street u mean in your own mind?

Well anyone who watched Shockey on the Giants saw him and Eli getting into it occassionally after a "miscommunication" I'd submit that as evidence that Shockey had a tendency to make the wrong adjustment so...I guess from that standpoint you can say "my own mind"

But what I really meant was there were always rumblings that Shockey was prone to mistakes ever since Coughlin got here.

Remember Shockey actually complained that the offense was too complicated and it was reported that he didn't like all the presnap motion he had to do.

There was definately a rumor that according to someone on the staff Shockey was "running the wrong route" 70% of the time. I admittedly brushed that off an exageration but...These things were batted around.

Perhaps a little research first and then talk **** ey?

slipknottin
03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
actually not true

a TE deals with as much traffic as a slot receiver and will have an option on almost every single route in this offense

Yea, players and coaches have said that the TE in the giants offense actually has the same exact routes and reads as the slot receiver does.