PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Cedric Benson

Gmenfan87
03-24-2012, 01:17 AM
If you give him enough carries he'll go for 1000. Could be a low priced back-up that we are looking for.

JJC7301
03-24-2012, 01:29 AM
If he were extremely cheap, then okay. Personally, I'd rather give Scott the opportunity or draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I've never been crazy about Benson, including when he had good years.

jmike
03-24-2012, 07:21 AM
If you give him enough carries he'll go for 1000. Could be a low priced back-up that we are looking for.Well I think that is your problem right there. Heck, if you give me enough carries I will go for 1000 too. Not a ringing endorsement. For vet min, Droughns type of deal I'd give him a shot, but I doubt he will sign for that.

jparmer
03-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Why has everyone just given up on da'rell scott? Nobody wants to give this kid a shot?

buddy33
03-24-2012, 08:32 AM
I think they like Scott. Last year was tough for rookies with the lock out.

I trust the picks Reese makes and I think JJ and Scott will contribute this year.

You have to love his blazing speed. I know it was pre season, but man he was fast on those TD runs.

Flip Empty
03-24-2012, 09:46 AM
So we're just going to keep working our way down the FA RB list then, are we?

NJGIANTinNC
03-24-2012, 10:44 AM
If you give him enough carries he'll go for 1000. Could be a low priced back-up that we are looking for.

By enough carries you mean like 2400.

SackingMyths
03-24-2012, 11:19 AM

Pass...

He would routinely pick up 100 yards rushing for the Bengals but only when given 30+ carries. Nothing impressive about him at all

LT_was_good
03-24-2012, 11:36 AM

Lol, who's below Benson after he signs with someone else? Is Shaun Alexander still kicking around? Corey Dillon?

JesseJames
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Why has everyone just given up on da'rell scott? Nobody wants to give this kid a shot?I think all of us want to see him get his chance but right now no one has any confidence because we haven't seen anything from him yet

nhpgiantsfan
03-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I have seen so many people mention the draft as a way to replace Jacobs. If they draft a RB next month, trust me he won't see the field for like the first eight weeks or more. TC flat out doesn't trust rookie running backs. I am not saying he is wrong but it's just the way it is. We still need someone to replace BJ. If they feel Scott is ready, then so be it. But if they don't, then they need to get somebody via free agency. Remember how long it took him to trust Bradshaw in his rookie year.

NYGRealityCheck
03-24-2012, 12:28 PM

Lol, who's below Benson after he signs with someone else?* Is Shaun Alexander still kicking around? Corey Dillon?

A bunch I think... I guess it's something for some people to think about before the draft...

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/running-back/

THE_New_York_Giants
03-24-2012, 12:44 PM
YPC is awful. Great in college, not in the pros.

jparmer
03-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Why has everyone just given up on da'rell scott? Nobody wants to give this kid a shot?I think all of us want to see him get his chance but right now no one has any confidence because we haven't seen anything from him yet

We haven't seen anything because he only had 5 carries last year. U have to have opportunity to show what u have

Eli TO Shockey
03-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Would be more affective than BJ. But I'd rather have some fresh legs as our backup RB

radar-ray
03-24-2012, 03:31 PM
My thoughts on CB are Brandon Jacobs!

RagTime Blue
03-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Turf, Ware, and Fire.

I'm pretty sure we still have Ware. Not that he's going to be a game-changer, but he can fill-in reliably when needed.

I think at this point, Ware is a lot like Diehl (minus the $$). He can do most things just well enough to not kill you immediately.

How's that for a ringing endorsement?

BigBlue1971
03-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Benson would be a perfect fit running with Bradshaw! only for the right price!</P>

hes beaten up some from his career but can still carry the ball. good experienced runner!</P>

only for the right price for him tho! i think hes had his peak!</P>

Scott will get his chances and i hope will break out! right now we need a vet to run long side Bradshaw. Ware is not that person!</P>

i doubt Benson can be had for the price JR is willing to pay.</P>