PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me RE: Michael Bush's Contract

SackingMyths
03-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I guess we really don't know for a fact whether the Giants were secretly making a play for this guy but 4 years for <u>ONLY</u> $14M (https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTalk/statuses/182855890620264450 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ProFootballTalk/statuses/182855890620264450)) is super cheap for a guy with his skillset in a salary cap era. He would've been a steal and perfect complement to AB for that price

He can carry it 25 times and withstand a pounding, has well-above average hands catching out of the backfield and is better than Jacobs in short-yardage, in my opinion.

Really disappointed he isn't in Blue after we let BJ walk. Same guy except younger, lower to the ground, with better hands, and quiet.

Sigh...

LT_was_good
03-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Since when could the Giants afford 4 years, "only" 14 million for another RB?

Diamondring
03-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Trust JR.

TheBookOfEli
03-24-2012, 01:10 PM
We don't have the money to even give a small contract to a talented RB like Michael Bush.

Either we go running back in the early rounds of the draft, or Scott will be the backup.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-24-2012, 01:15 PM
I guess we really don't know for a fact whether the Giants were secretly making a play for this guy but 4 years for <u>ONLY</u> $14M (https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTalk/statuses/182855890620264450 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ProFootballTalk/statuses/182855890620264450)) is super cheap for a guy with his skillset in a salary cap era. He would've been a steal and perfect complement to AB for that price

He can carry it 25 times and withstand a pounding, has well-above average hands catching out of the backfield and is better than Jacobs in short-yardage, in my opinion.

Really disappointed he isn't in Blue after we let BJ walk. Same guy except younger, lower to the ground, with better hands, and quiet.

Sigh...

Welcome new bandwagon fan. Before becoming a Giants fan for the season, you should at least read our cap situation.

cken
03-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Sigh...

Welcome new bandwagon fan. Before becoming a Giants fan for the season, you should at least read our cap situation.

Burnnnn... but isn't that a tad bit harsh brotha?

THE_New_York_Giants
03-24-2012, 01:42 PM

Sigh...

guy who joins the MB and doesn't know what he's talking about right after the 49er win.... I say bandwagon. Most of the dumb "Giants should do this (insert ridiculous proposition or Giants are idiots) posts" are from bandwagon fans.

Harooni
03-24-2012, 08:06 PM
14MILL is cheap? do we forget the giants refused to give BJ 2

Toadofsteel
03-25-2012, 08:16 AM
14M over 4 years is 3.5M a season... too much for us.

SackingMyths
03-25-2012, 05:50 PM

Sigh...

You're cool dude...

Actually, based on how immature you come off, I'm pretty sure I was a Giants fan when you were just an itch in your daddy's pants.

Jacobs signed a 4 yr $25 million dollar deal and was due $5 before the upcoming season. He was clearly in decline and his body was no longer able to cash the checks on the field that his mouth wrote off the field.

Bush is being offered 4 yrs $15 million and if they wanted him, they could've made a play for him. Not sure what about my post made you feel the need to attack my level of Giants loyalty based on my signup date...as if Giants fans didn't exist before this message board was created...or the internet for that matter.

Add to it that Bradshaw has had more foot surgeries than any human being should ever have, and you're not left with much. But I'm sure you already knew that, seeing how you're the judge/jury/executioner of all things Giants messageboard.

Oh, and we now have extra cap room due to the Skins/Cowboys "transgressions," along with a cap that will only increase year after year. But, again...I'm sure you already knew that too. Such a smarty pants-- that's what we all love about you.

SackingMyths
03-25-2012, 05:52 PM

Sigh...

guy who joins the MB and doesn't know what he's talking about right after the 49er win.... I say bandwagon. Most of the dumb "Giants should do this (insert ridiculous proposition or Giants are idiots) posts" are from bandwagon fans.

You may have me mixed up with someone else. I'd ask you to recall the post(s) that I put up that you're referring to, but I just remembered how little I value your opinion and changed my mind.

Redeyejedi
03-25-2012, 05:54 PM
This draft is loaded with talented running backs u could draft one in the 3rd round and get him for 4 years 2.6 million.

SackingMyths
03-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Trust JR.

Two simple words, yet still the only response on here that holds any water.

Geez. You girls are way too sensitive.

In what alternate universe does your signup date establish some kind of hierarchy or pecking order.

Get off your high-horse...we're all rooting for the same team.

lawl
03-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Sigh...

You're cool dude...

Actually, based on how immature you come off, I'm pretty sure I was a Giants fan when you were just an itch in your daddy's pants.

Jacobs signed a 4 yr $25 million dollar deal and was due $5 before the upcoming season. He was clearly in decline and his body was no longer able to cash the checks on the field that his mouth wrote off the field.

Bush is being offered 4 yrs $15 million and if they wanted him, they could've made a play for him. Not sure what about my post made you feel the need to attack my level of Giants loyalty based on my signup date...as if Giants fans didn't exist before this message board was created...or the internet for that matter.

Add to it that Bradshaw has had more foot surgeries than any human being should ever have, and you're not left with much. But I'm sure you already knew that, seeing how you're the judge/jury/executioner of all things Giants messageboard.

Oh, and we now have extra cap room due to the Skins/Cowboys "transgressions," along with a cap that will only increase year after year. But, again...I'm sure you already knew that too. Such a smarty pants-- that's what we all love about you.

With all the cuts and whatnot, we are currently 2.3 mil or so under the cap. We still have to sign our rookies. Giving a 30 yr old running back that much money is not good business. Hell, we don't have the cap space to pay him anyway.

NYG 5
03-25-2012, 07:05 PM
runningbacks are a dime a dozen.

can you say NFL DRAFT?

THE_New_York_Giants
03-25-2012, 07:26 PM

Sigh...

You may have me mixed up with someone else. I'd ask you to recall the post(s) that I put up that you're referring to, but I just remembered how little I value your opinion and changed my mind.

That's cool. I don't really give two craps whether a not a dude on the internet likes me because quite frankly, we'll never know each other, my screen name is pretty bland and anonymous, so it doesn't really give me away and I doubt your the type who cares either. Let's not make it a fox news or huffington post comment blog in here.

dave56dj
03-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Sacking I would say this -

We still dont have a lot of cap space - a reported 1.8 mill - depending on what site you read on what day - but all seem to be around this number. Still could we have worked a deal for Bush - perhaps, but forgetting the small cap space this year and bigger in the coming years - the real concern is fiscal responsibility b/c we now employ one of the top 5 wideouts and one of the best young defensive players in the game with rookie contracts they are completely outplaying . Not to mention a second wideout who just had one of the greatest wr years in giants history. All that means we MUST have money in the coming years for extensions/ re-signs. And that does not include re-signing tuck/ maybe osi and other vets who will come up for contract soon.

I would agree that we have serious depth issues behind AB who has been an injury concern for the last few years. I would also agree that unlike the 3rd wideout spot the position of 2nd back on this team is a much bigger part of the offense. The second back carries a great deal of responsibility - and there is no certainty that da'rel scott is ready for that responsibility. While he is fast - he was not even the first back at Maryland and was a late round pick for a reason. He may overcome that, like ab did, but last year he wasn't ready too, as many rookies aren't. Ware has shown he can pick up the blitz and is a nice runner but nothing special.

That all said running backs have a very soft market this year and the draft is rb heavy. Bush, while a nice compliment runner is just that - and I dont think the giants are willing to pay 14 mill to a compliment back when they offered jacobs between 1 and 2 mill depending on what source you believe. Personally i think BJ may still come back - but if not the Giants aren't gonna spend much in this area - in my opinion. Rather hope Ware/ Brown/ Scott steps up or perhaps draft a back.

Kruunch
03-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Not a high priority position for the Giants and one they think they can get value on between who is on the club currently and the draft.

Having said that, yeah one of Bush/Tolbert/BJGE would have been nice.

However BJ might be back.

GameTime
03-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I guess we really don't know for a fact whether the Giants were secretly making a play for this guy but 4 years for <U>ONLY</U> $14M (https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTalk/statuses/182855890620264450 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ProFootballTalk/statuses/182855890620264450)) is super cheap for a guy with his skillset in a salary cap era. He would've been a steal and perfect complement to AB for that price

Sigh...

You're cool dude...

</P>

nice comeback.....[Y]</P>

but the Giants rarely make s splash at FA let alone a RB. Would be nice to get Mike Bush but they have a plan. </P>

nygsb42champs
03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff>Since when is $14 million cheap?</FONT>

nygsb42champs
03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff>Since when is $14 million cheap?</FONT>

SackingMyths
03-27-2012, 10:34 PM
<font color="#0000ff">Since when is $14 million cheap?</font>

Okay, okay..."cheap" is a relative term. I meant it more so in terms of a guy, who will be 28 when the season kicks off, who could be a workhorse back if he's asked to I.E. if Bradshaw needs to sit a few games.

That, and I REALLY thought Bush would've nabbed a much bigger contract for himself, after some monster performances as D-Mac's replacement. But the pre-draft RB market seems to be pretty soft thus far...

God-willing, AB is truly good to go and past his foot problems, with the icing on the cake being that the proverbial "light" goes on upstairs for Da'rel.

And I am, and always have been, an ardent JR supporter. Just thought this was a more than ideal fit.

SackingMyths
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM

Sigh...

You're cool dude...

</p>

nice comeback.....[Y]</p>

but the Giants rarely make s splash at FA let alone a RB. Would be nice to get Mike Bush but they have a plan. </p>

Thanks bud [B]

berya
03-27-2012, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't want Bush at that price even if we had cap space to be honest. Just not big on him at all.